inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: American Idol season 9

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 8:52 pm

Well I gave up watching auditions last year and managed to stay away from them this year as well... but I tuned in for Hollywood week and the premiere of Ellen Degeneres.  Honestly I haven't paid enough attention to Ellen to determine yet if I like her as a judge. I'm still indifferent.

The contestants seem better (many of them) than I remember in the past but its really hard to tell from the few snippets we get.

Its pretty annoying to watch the ones with absolutely no confidence get up there and try to sing. some of those performing in the group portion on Wednesday was just painful to watch... and then that one guy who started crying and begging for another chance  ::) 

I was angry with the girl who walked out before even trying. So many people wanted her spot if you're going to back out like that then why try to begin with?

Anyway- I'm really looking forward to the actual start of the show... once they weed out the crop and give us what? 24? 30?

Subject: Re: American Idol season 9

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 8:53 pm

BTW- I really, really loved this performance from Tuesday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dZyx-v-C3k&feature=related

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/12/10 at 9:03 pm

Yes, an EXCELLENT performance.  :)

And it took some 'nards to do a signature Paula Abdul song.  If he had sung poorly, there woulda been hell to pay from the judges.

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 9:06 pm

Yes, an EXCELLENT performance.  :)

And it took some 'nards to do a signature Paula Abdul song.  If he had sung poorly, there woulda been hell to pay from the judges.

especially doing it this season.  I remember in season one they had the contestants (I think about 6 were left) do a Paula medley and that was soooo painful to watch.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/12/10 at 9:57 pm

That one was excellent.  If he keeps that kind of performance up he could win this whole thing.

Ellen did great, IMO.  She brought humor but she also gave good advice.  I think she will be a good addition.

Written By: snozberries on 02/12/10 at 10:21 pm

That one was excellent.  If he keeps that kind of performance up he could win this whole thing.

Ellen did great, IMO.  She brought humor but she also gave good advice.  I think she will be a good addition.

I think the only reason I wasn't paying attention is because I was playing mind jolt games so I wasn't really listening to the talking...

With Idol I find I can evaluate the singing better if I don't actually look at the contestants. I want to hear how they sound.
I know myself well enough to know that one gesture, goofy look, or act of cockiness will turn me off and I will judge them on that small moment.

Cuz I'm petty like that  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 3:17 pm

oh no... Elisabeth Hasselbeck  just said (new daddy) Big Mike's dad leaked that he maade the top 24 so the dude (new daddy and all) he might get dropped from the show.
That sucks but there is a confidentiality clause. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 3:22 pm

Ah Skiiboski... if only you'd lasted longer so that I could mock you for this...
http://www.redlasso.com/ClipPlayer.aspx?id=e7359ac6-c0ed-4615-838b-b08d480e61fa

Written By: 435wtr on 02/13/10 at 6:56 pm

Well I gave up watching auditions last year and managed to stay away from them this year as well... but I tuned in for Hollywood week and the premiere of Ellen Degeneres.   Honestly I haven't paid enough attention to Ellen to determine yet if I like her as a judge. I'm still indifferent.

The contestants seem better (many of them) than I remember in the past but its really hard to tell from the few snippets we get.

Its pretty annoying to watch the ones with absolutely no confidence get up there and try to sing. some of those performing in the group portion on Wednesday was just painful to watch... and then that one guy who started crying and begging for another chance  ::) 

I was angry with the girl who walked out before even trying. So many people wanted her spot if you're going to back out like that then why try to begin with?

Anyway- I'm really looking forward to the actual start of the show... once they weed out the crop and give us what? 24? 30?

I agree about the walking out without performing, that was ridiculous, I know someone who made it to hollywood week this season(it was crazy seeing them on tv !) and got cut on the first day, thousands upon thousands audition and that girl couldn't even suck it up and sing for a minute or so ?

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 6:59 pm

I agree about the walking out without performing, that was ridiculous, I know someone who made it to hollywood week this season(it was crazy seeing them on tv !) and got cut on the first day, thousands upon thousands audition and that girl couldn't even suck it up and sing for a minute or so ?

too bad your friend didn't make it.. at least they got some air time.... seems a lot of people didn't. 

Written By: Midas on 02/18/10 at 10:42 am

With Idol I find I can evaluate the singing better if I don't actually look at the contestants. I want to hear how they sound.
I know myself well enough to know that one gesture, goofy look, or act of cockiness will turn me off and I will judge them on that small moment.

Cuz I'm petty like that  :D

We do that too when we watch - close our eyes sometimes.  Or if they play snippets on the radio.

oh no... Elisabeth Hasselbeck  just said (new daddy) Big Mike's dad leaked that he maade the top 24 so the dude (new daddy and all) he might get dropped from the show.
That sucks but there is a confidentiality clause.  

Crap!  I like Big Mike.  

My cousin's son goes to high school where Alex Lambert went.  Or something.  She posted some blurb on spacebook aboot it.

So far nobody's terribly impressed me.  Andrew Garcia has the right idea though.  I also liked his performance of "Straight Up". :)

Ellen should be interesting.  I don't think she has to try as hard as Kara to be like-able.  Kara hasn't been too annoying yet...except when she Ya-Ya'd it up with guest judge Kristin Chenoweth.  Speaking of guest judges - to recap:

Avril - you are soooo not the devil.  Stop wearing horns, silly little girl.
Joe Jonas - YEAH!  Um...no.
Doogie was cool
Katy & Shania and Mary were ok
Posh Spice - eat a bagel or three!

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/18/10 at 11:48 am

Andy Garcia is my favorite to this point, he's got it goin on.  :)

As to the guest celebrities, for the most part I found them vacuous.

Written By: ninny on 02/18/10 at 11:59 am

I was just reading that they did disqualify Chris Golightly  and replace him with Tim Urban, Apparently he had a contract with an old boy band that never got off the ground.

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/10 at 3:16 pm

We do that too when we watch - close our eyes sometimes.  Or if they play snippets on the radio.

Crap!  I like Big Mike.  

My cousin's son goes to high school where Alex Lambert went.  Or something.  She posted some blurb on spacebook aboot it.

So far nobody's terribly impressed me.  Andrew Garcia has the right idea though.  I also liked his performance of "Straight Up". :)

Ellen should be interesting.  I don't think she has to try as hard as Kara to be like-able.  Kara hasn't been too annoying yet...except when she Ya-Ya'd it up with guest judge Kristin Chenoweth.  Speaking of guest judges - to recap:

Avril - you are soooo not the devil.  Stop wearing horns, silly little girl.
Joe Jonas - YEAH!  Um...no.
Doogie was cool
Katy & Shania and Mary were ok
Posh Spice - eat a bagel or three!

I saw Posh on the  View yesterday.. yeah she totally needs to eat somethings.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/10 at 3:18 pm

I was just reading that they did disqualify Chris Golightly  and replace him with Tim Urban, Apparently he had a contract with an old boy band that never got off the ground.

I didn't watch the top twenty four get picked because I can't stand watching them drag that shyt out... I got thru an hour of the two hour ep and wanted to kill myself.. so I fast forwarded to the end. Then last night I came home and saw I had the hour and erased it w/out starting it.. next week will be good tho!

Written By: ninny on 02/18/10 at 3:52 pm

I didn't watch the top twenty four get picked because I can't stand watching them drag that shyt out... I got thru an hour of the two hour ep and wanted to kill myself.. so I fast forwarded to the end. Then last night I came home and saw I had the hour and erased it w/out starting it.. next week will be good tho!

I only watched bites and pieces, but hope to watch more now that they're down to the 24.

Written By: Midas on 02/24/10 at 8:51 am

Soundmixer guy needs to step up his game.  First three ladies last night sounded like karaoke.

Lilly was good.

#5 didn't impress me

#6 was okay

The only others I remember liking were Didi, Crystal, Siobhan and Katie.

It's still early and the guys haven't performed yet so I haven't seen the 'wow' factor yet.

Ellen is Ellen funny and Kara is more tolerable so far this year.  Randy needs a red Swingline stapler.

I kept trying to freeze-frame the funny face Simon made early on while Kara was talking ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/24/10 at 9:20 am

The chick who sang that Chris Isaac tune was pretty good.  Initially I thought "Gee, how's she gonna pull off that song" but she did great.  I now look forward to her future song choices, I think she's got it goin' on.

I also noticed that some of the other judges are stealing Randy's "pitchy in places" line.  ;D  They need to come up with their own lines.  :P

Written By: ninny on 02/24/10 at 9:35 am

I liked Didi & Sioban
Did not like Lacey, Haeley,Lilly or Janell

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/25/10 at 8:31 am

Thought in general about this year's live performances, boys and the girls:

Background Vocals: I am seeing WAY too mych backing vocals being provided, especially in areas of the song where the contestant's voice is weak.  I don't mind background vocals as long as they (a) enhance the song and (b) do NOT enhance or obliterate the singer's voice.  In a couple of cases I could see where the backing vocals were covering up a weak performance by the singer.
Background Stories:  Seeing too much fawning over the contestants' "back story".  This is a singing and performing contest.  Judges - please judge the performances and lay off the extra credit because somebody once shoveled snow for Helen Keller!

As to last night's boys' performances:

The girls as a group are generally much better than the boys, at least this week for sure.
The guy with the Justin Beiber hair-helmet... Simon was right when he said they had originally made the right decision to cut him in Hollywood.  Not a good performance.
Andy Garcia:  Good perfomance, but I think he's going to need to adjust his vocal range a bit.  He was singing too "high" I think, like somebody had their hand around his throat.  Nevertheless, still my fave amongs the guys.
Pretty Boy:  I forget his name, but the guy with the long hair that they were fawning all over.  His singing was not the worst, but please, judges, give us a break.  Stick to the vocal performance.
Seventies Guy:  His performance was TERRIBLE.  First off, he was more or less smiling thru his American Woman performance.  But AW is not a happy song, it is an angry one.  Performance was incongruent.  And I see that the judges have called him out on the 70's schtick as running out of gas.
Guy Named Park:  I think he is Korean?  His voice is pretty good but I agree, maybe a poor song choice.  I hope he makes it thru this week so we can see him do a little better next time.

My two favorites at this point:  Girls-Siobhan.  Guys-Andy Garcia.  8)

Written By: ninny on 02/25/10 at 8:47 am

I thought most of the guys stunk last night. Tim and John were the worst (John because of his song choice) The young kid Aaron was good along with Lee and Joe.

Written By: Midas on 02/25/10 at 9:42 am

I think they still need to get soundmixing guy some training.

Todrick - he can sing, but last night's performance was meh.
Aaron - he was okay
Jermaine - could have picked a better song
Tim Urban was horrible.  It really was too late for him to apologise.
Alex Lambert was a nervous wreck
Lee - I liked his performance
John Park - great vocals, not the best song choice
Casey - He did everything right but he's still a bit short of the 'wow' factor
Andrew - hopefully well enough to get through to next week.
Tyler sucked
The others weren't memorable 'cuz I can't remember them others except for...I think his name is Joe.  And I don't remember what he sang :D

So far I'm less than impressed with this season.  Plus the fact that Ellen decided to give somebody that didn't make the cut (and was apparently her last chance to make it) a record deal.  WTH?  I get it, but I don't think it's right...at least not disseminating the news right after the Top 24 is announced...after the season finale, sure :D

Written By: ninny on 02/26/10 at 6:14 am

What a surprise that Tim is still on the show. No surprise with Janell and Ashley. Joe should not have been eliminated,Tyler I didn't care for anyways and he pretty much blamed the judges for his departure instead he should of changed his style and not went with the same old thing.

Written By: Midas on 02/26/10 at 8:47 am

What a surprise that Tim is still on the show. No surprise with Janell and Ashley. Joe should not have been eliminated,Tyler I didn't care for anyways and he pretty much blamed the judges for his departure instead he should of changed his style and not went with the same old thing.

I was surprised too, as Tim had the worst performance of everyone.  But as Mrs. Midas pointed out, he has "the look" moreso than Joe, and sometimes AI's target voters are too dumb to realise talent.  He won't be around much longer.  I think if Alex doesn't get over his nerves then he'll be out soon also.

I fast-forwarded through the group number.  Alison & Kris sounded good.

Ashley seemed kinda pissed when she was eliminated.  Her 2nd performance sucked also.  Same with Janell.  I was waiting for Alison to come out and perform "What About Love" right after her :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/26/10 at 9:29 am

I think if Alex doesn't get over his nerves then he'll be out soon also.

I agree.  When he was standing up there during eliminateion, he looked scared as heck.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had to change his undies right after the show, he looked that scared.

I hope he gets to some sort of "coach" who can get him over the fear factor.

Written By: Midas on 02/26/10 at 11:17 am

I agree.  When he was standing up there during eliminateion, he looked scared as heck.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had to change his undies right after the show, he looked that scared.

I hope he gets to some sort of "coach" who can get him over the fear factor.

I agree as he's not a bad singer.

I think Tim Urban looked surprised also that he was safe.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/10 at 2:03 am

I watched the girls, the guys and the elimination all last night.  I wish I'd had my computer open because I had comments about everyone but that was about 24 hours ago and I've already forgotten who did what  ;D 

Probably was mentioned here but that guy who got called back- do we know why? I was glad to see Big Mike didn't get cut even tho his dad nearly caused him the gig...

The girls were alright.. I hate that chick with the hurricane weather hair. 

And there is no PC way to say this so I'm just gonna say... I was laughing so hard because that Vaughn chick (Paris or Haley I think)  is the first black indie rocker chick I've ever seen and for some reason it amused me to no end. 

The girl who did Fallen I liked her voice but not that arrangement.

There were far too many songs sung that I didn't know so I don't know if they were good, identical to the originals or just too weird.

Its weird tho... sometimes when they change up a song and "make it their own" they get criticized for making it too different...
then when they sing it identical to the original they get criticized for that ...but sometimes it sounds identical and they get praised... I wish the judges were more consistent.

I thought the David Archuleta dude would stick around longer... tell me he didn't look like David Archuleta.  That guy who got called back was horrible... and so was the guy with the Shawn Cassidy hair do.... he's the one they said had all the pieces but needed to figure out how to put them together... I forget what he sang but he would sing a note then step then sing then step... it was painful to watch.

Funny thing tho... even tho I watched all the eps back to back I could not remember the performances of the people who got voted off.

I'll learn names next week (maybe)

oh I like the Alanis Morrisette chick... she didn't get voted off right?

Written By: Midas on 02/27/10 at 7:55 am

Probably was mentioned here but that guy who got called back- do we know why? I was glad to see Big Mike didn't get cut even tho his dad nearly caused him the gig...

oh I like the Alanis Morrisette chick... she didn't get voted off right?

Alanis Morrisette chick was safe.

Tim Urban got called back cuz the Guarini-lookalike allegedly wasn't truthful in his application about being in a recording contract.  He apparently was part of some boy-group contract that supposedly ended but he didn't indicate on the app that he had been in a contract at all, and that's why he was replaced.  Or something.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/10 at 8:53 am

Alanis Morrisette chick was safe.

Tim Urban got called back cuz the Guarini-lookalike allegedly wasn't truthful in his application about being in a recording contract.  He apparently was part of some boy-group contract that supposedly ended but he didn't indicate on the app that he had been in a contract at all, and that's why he was replaced.  Or something.

oh yeah I vaguely remember hearing that....

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/10 at 12:56 am

Big Mike- Strong perfomance I enjoyed it...

John Park- he's has a good tone but he's a boring singer...

Casey James- (I don't trust anyone who says they don't have a tv)  anyway his guitar playing is stronger than his vocals and I don't care what's in the box I just wanna give him a haircut.  :P

Alex Lambert- another boring performance. I get it he's nervous but damn it you're in the top ten guys right now...you need to wow us.

Todrick Hall- don't know if I hate his vocals or his arrangement or both  ::)  but I agree with him... the judges say make the song  your own so he tries that and they tell him to just sing the song as written... they do that alot but I think I said that last week...

Jermaine Sellers- aka "the Black Pee Wee Herman"  ::)  I like the arrangement and a stronger singer could've pulled it off... I like that the judges are giving actual critiques and advice this year.  Okay so I hated the whole God part... "God Fearing Man" just brings this whole negative connotation to faith... and then that fact that God is on his side like God thinks more of him than any other singer in the competition that's bravado I have no use for... LOVED Simon's comment about not showing the number as if to see lets see what God does for you without america's help  ;D

Andrew Garcia- I like him, I don't know the song he sang but it started strong... he lost me at the chorus tho. Actually the start of the song had me thinking of Whiter Shade of Pale. I think he'd sing the hell out of that song.

Aaron Kelly- He looks like he wants to be the next Jr Class President doesn't he?  Actually he looked like a singer in search of the rest of his boy band... I didn't hate his performance tho. You could totally hear the nerves in his voice but once he settled he sounded pretty good.

Tim Urban- when Ellen asked him if he could act I thought... "Yeah cuz you need to start acting like a singer!"  ;D  It wasn't the worst performance of the night but also not the best.

Lee DeWyze-  I liked it... I didn't want to but i did... tho I totally forgot about his performance from last week...saw the clip and didn't remember a thing about it or him.

my pics for going home-  John Park, Alex Lambert and Todrick Hall... I know only two go home... but any of these guys can go.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/03/10 at 7:40 am

Michael Lynche - Rocked
Tim Urban - Sucked
Jermain Sellers - Blew
Casey James - Needs to drop the Bucky Covington act, and focus on singing
Andrew Garcia - Kicked Butt
Todrick Hall - Confused
John Park - Anonymous

Mike Lynche is gonna have a hard time topping this week's performance.  Awesome.  8)

Written By: ninny on 03/03/10 at 8:57 am

^ agree Mike had the best performance, I also thought Alex,Aaron and Lee were average to above average. I think Todrick is in danger of going home.

Written By: Midas on 03/03/10 at 11:05 am

Big Mike and Lee were the best last night.  Andrew was ok.  Casey played guitar better than singing.  The rest were forgettable.  Jermaine has too much attitude that may bite him in the azz.  Still far from the 'wow' factor...maybe it will emerge as we get deeper into the season.

Written By: Midas on 03/03/10 at 10:18 pm

Crystal rox my Bowersox!  Hope she remains in good health.
Haeley was bleh
Lacey was meh
Katie sounded good
Didi was okay
Michelle was okay (I like her version of "Arms Wide Open" better than Creed's)
Lilly was good
Katelyn was good
Paige sounded karaoke-ish
Siobhan rocked it!

The girls are starting to step it up :)  I can see Haeley and Lacey in the bottom 2.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/10 at 10:19 pm

Crystal is my pick to win if she stays healthy.  I love her.

Written By: snozberries on 03/04/10 at 2:28 am

People can't vote if they're asleep  ;D

I was posting via phone while listening.

Like the first girl and a couple in the middle

Yeah Haley wasn't great. And this one I'm listening to now - the piano girl was boring

I hate Lindsay (that's the one w the short wild red hair right? )

Two more songs to go then bed

Written By: ninny on 03/04/10 at 7:51 am

The first girl Crystal and the last girl Siobhan were the best, Lily was above average. I missed most of the 2nd half because I turned it to Criminal Minds and went back and forth (well at least tried)
Other than a few where is this great talent they claim to have this year. :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/04/10 at 8:09 am

-Crystal rocked.  I'd book her for a performance.
-Haeley:  WTF? ???
-Michelle: Sucked, "pitchy in places"
-Lacey: Sucked, very karaoke
-Didi: Sucked, very bland song choice
-Lili: Rocked
-Katie:  Pretty good.  Criticism that this was "an old song" I think were misplaced.

I could not help but notice how much Michael Lynche was "getting into" the various performances, standing up and cheering on the ladies, kinda like Paula Abdul used to do.  Good show of support.  :)

Written By: Midas on 03/04/10 at 9:07 am

I hate Lindsay (that's the one w the short wild red hair right? )

Lacey, Lindsay...she won't be around much longer so it doesn't matter :D

Written By: Midas on 03/05/10 at 1:21 am

Bye Haeley.  Bye Michelle.  Bye Mr. Onesie.  Bye John Park.

Written By: ninny on 03/05/10 at 4:40 am

Bye Haeley.  Bye Michelle.  Bye Mr. Onesie.  Bye John Park.

No big surprises there.

Written By: Midas on 03/05/10 at 9:25 am

No big surprises there.

John Park has a good voice, he just chose the wrong songs.  I'm thinking Tim Urban, Toddrick and Alex Lambert will be the next guys to go.

Written By: ninny on 03/05/10 at 1:52 pm

John Park has a good voice, he just chose the wrong songs.  I'm thinking Tim Urban, Toddrick and Alex Lambert will be the next guys to go.

Yeah for some reason Tim keeps sneaking by.

Written By: Midas on 03/05/10 at 2:00 pm

He won't be on much longer.  He's worse than Jason Castrol GTX.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/05/10 at 5:29 pm

I wonder when he's gonna lose that hair helmet? ???

He looks like he's chairman of the Justin Beiber Fan Club.  ;D

Written By: Midas on 03/10/10 at 12:13 am

Paige and Curly Sue (Katelyn?  The one that didn't make the Earth move) should be gone next out of the wimmins.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/10 at 6:58 am

Paige and Curly Sue (Katelyn?  The one that didn't make the Earth move) should be gone next out of the wimmins.

You're right.  Too bad for Paige, though.  I liked her but that was a baaaaad song choice.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/10 at 7:23 am

Siobhan once again wowed with her superb vocals and a very interesting song selection.   :)

I'd like to see her do "First We Take Manhattan" which was composed be Leonard Cohen, but performed by Jennifer Warnes.  It has that dark edge that is Siobhan's signature...   8)

Written By: Midas on 03/10/10 at 8:25 am

Siobhan once again wowed with her superb vocals and a very interesting song selection.   :)

I'd like to see her do "First We Take Manhattan" which was composed be Leonard Cohen, but performed by Jennifer Warnes.  It has that dark edge that is Siobhan's signature...   8)

I'd be down with that.

I think that Katie girl may also be in trouble.

Paige's performance had irony written all over it.  Um, the song was called "Smile"...hello?

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/10 at 10:35 am

Yeah the first girl and the Earth Move girl should be out.... although I found the last performance (I Fall to Pieces) very, very bizarre!

Written By: Midas on 03/10/10 at 12:30 pm

Yeah the first girl and the Earth Move girl should be out.... although I found the last performance (I Fall to Pieces) very, very bizarre!

Lilly's bizarre but people like her :D

I think Siobhan was the best last night.

Written By: Midas on 03/10/10 at 10:30 pm

The guys did a lot better overall this week.  Tim Urbaneybrows was a shocker.

I think Andrew and Aaron are possible candidates based on this week's performance.

Todrick was ok.
I thought this week was Casey's strongest performance.
Alex sounds good, just needs some confidence.
I liked Lee's take on the Owl City track since the original is very electronic.
BIG MIKE!  And even though I like Kara more this season, good for him for making her cry!  BIG WIN!

Written By: whistledog on 03/10/10 at 10:36 pm

Not good with the names this season, but the red head chick with the short hair who sang that Brandi Carlisle song.  That was great!

Written By: Midas on 03/11/10 at 8:41 am

Not good with the names this season, but the red head chick with the short hair who sang that Brandi Carlisle song.  That was great!

That's Lacey and she's got the look and knows how to work the camera but that last performance was probably her best.  The weeks before were kinda meh.

Written By: snozberries on 03/11/10 at 11:24 am

I wasn't as fond of the guys performances this week.... I loved, loved, LOVED- Big Mike's .....but everyone else could go home and I genuinely wouldn't care less.  :P

Written By: ninny on 03/11/10 at 1:21 pm

The guys did a lot better overall this week.  Tim Urbaneybrows was a shocker.

I think Andrew and Aaron are possible candidates based on this week's performance.

Todrick was ok.
I thought this week was Casey's strongest performance.
Alex sounds good, just needs some confidence.
I liked Lee's take on the Owl City track since the original is very electronic.
BIG MIKE!  And even though I like Kara more this season, good for him for making her cry!  BIG WIN!

I totally agree, Aaron and Andrew are my choices to go home. Big Mike was awesome, Tim did a lot better than what I expected.

Written By: Midas on 03/11/10 at 1:29 pm

I wasn't as fond of the guys performances this week.... I loved, loved, LOVED- Big Mike's .....but everyone else could go home and I genuinely wouldn't care less.  :P

So you'd care more? :D

BIG MIKE was awesome.  Mrs. Midas didn't quite get it at first so we replayed it. :D

Written By: ninny on 03/12/10 at 5:29 am

For the guys Alex and Todrick wouldn't have been my first choices to go based on this weeks performances, but Todrick did have a few bad weeks and Alex just didn't seem like he was comfortable on the stage. I can't commit on the ladies because I missed Tuesday's show.

Written By: Midas on 03/12/10 at 9:13 am

For the guys Alex and Todrick wouldn't have been my first choices to go based on this weeks performances, but Todrick did have a few bad weeks and Alex just didn't seem like he was comfortable on the stage. I can't commit on the ladies because I missed Tuesday's show.

It's just as well for Alex and Todrick.  I didn't expect either to win it.

A little bummed about Lilly, she's been consistently good.  I would've thought Katie would've been axed.  She won't hang around for long.

And what was up with Crystal Mopeysox?  I don't think she smiled at all last night.  It's a COMPETITION.    :P

Written By: robby76 on 03/13/10 at 7:04 am

The only performance I've loved so far is Alex Lambert's "Everybody Knows" (by John Legend) and he's just been kicked out!  :-\\ I agree he was a bit too mervous in front of the camera, but he should've been given a few more chances.

Written By: snozberries on 03/15/10 at 9:27 pm

So you'd care more? :D

BIG MIKE was awesome.  Mrs. Midas didn't quite get it at first so we replayed it. :D

lol.... its actually a quote from Simon Cowell... at Paleyfest a couple years back he said about Idol

Some people argue that its the death of the music industry. Others say its making people interested in music again. I genuinely couldn't care less.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/15/10 at 9:39 pm

so I missed the results show but I just watched it at American Idol dot com... they did the hour show in a 3 minute recap.  ;D  It was perfect!

Written By: Brian06 on 03/16/10 at 10:33 pm

Siobhan was the best. Andrew should be gone tomorrow, that was terrible.

Written By: ninny on 03/17/10 at 5:46 am

Siobhan was the best. Andrew should be gone tomorrow, that was terrible.

Agreed, I really didn't care for Andrew or Tim's performances.

Written By: robby76 on 03/17/10 at 6:59 am

Faves this week...

Boys - Aaron (I was wondering who'd be the first to have their Idol makeover) and Lee (love the voice and very consistent)

Girls - Katie (mainly for song choice) and Siobhan (though not totally keen on her song choice)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/10 at 8:34 am

Siobhan (love that name)  :-*  kicked butt last night.  Awesome.  8)

Tim Urban sucked yet again.  8-P  Hopefully the pain will end tonight.

Andy Garcia: I like him but I wonder if he can get his voice into a lower register and pull that brillo pad out of his throat.  He keeps this up and he'll be gone 2-3 weeks from now.   :-\\

Katie Stevens:  I did not like her "Wild Horses" performance.  It sounded like something you'd do singing for granny's 80th birthday or something.  Dress was all wrong for it too.   ::)

Paige:  I am not a big fan of hers, but her Honky Tonk Woman was kinda interesting.  Maybe she'll win me over.  :)

Big Mike: I was impressed with how he completely changed the arrangement of Miss You, but retained the "feel" of the lyric.   8) 8)

Casey James:  Performance was too generic for me.  He needs to get some originality.  I've seen that sort of act in all kinds of bars.   ::)

Didi: I am undecided.    ???

Aaron Kelly:  His vocals seemed to be a bit "muddy" to me.

Written By: Midas on 03/17/10 at 9:28 am

Bottom 3 for me:  Tim, Andrew & Katie. 

I liked Siobhan & Didi's performances last night.  Crystal was good too, but she needs a slight attitude adjustment.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/10 at 6:04 pm

I abhor the Rolling Stones and I was so tired after the last night of Paley Fest I slept thru most of Idol and fast forwarded thru the rest...

I did enjoy Lee and Crystal's performances

Siobahan's interesting but not great... I think she relys too much on hitting that high note and she can't really hold it... her voice was breaking towards the end... the last note the paint it black falsetto or whatever was really nice but the middle of the song wasn't as strong (IMO) as people think it was...

Tim should be the first the go he has totally overstayed his welcome!

Written By: Brian06 on 03/17/10 at 8:44 pm

Haha the worst two are safe.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/17/10 at 9:03 pm

Amazing that Tim Urban got more votes than Didi or Paige.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/10 at 9:03 pm

Amazing that Tim Urban got more votes than Didi or Paige.

NO WAY!  :o

Written By: Midas on 03/17/10 at 10:46 pm

NO WAY!  :o

That's right!  It was more than Lacey or Paige, not Didi.  Didi rocked last night. 

Tim Urbaneyebrows is right up there with Jason Castro.  They both suck but girls think they're cute.

Written By: Midas on 03/17/10 at 10:55 pm

Blah blah blah...who did Ke$ha blow blow blow to get a record deal?  She sucks.

Orianthe didn't sound that great live, but I still like her.

David Cook rocked it.  Celebrity win to DC for the night!

I should really talk Mrs. Midas into fast forwarding to the last 5 minutes rather than watching all the filler. :P

Written By: ninny on 03/18/10 at 10:04 am

Orianthe didn't sound that great live, but I still like her.

David Cook rocked it.  Celebrity win to DC for the night!

I should really talk Mrs. Midas into fast forwarding to the last 5 minutes rather than watching all the filler. :P

I decided to watch Criminal Minds and just turn it back and forth, it was more enjoyable for me. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/10 at 3:13 pm

What I'd like to know is... WHO IS TIM URBAN'S STYLE CONSULTANT ?  ???

On tuesday, for example, Siobhan, Paige, and Lacey, for example, looked quite hip and stylish, and it clearly appeared that they had the help of style experts.  :)

Urban looks like he pulled his look out of a wet laundry hamper.  8-P

Written By: Silver Power on 03/18/10 at 3:26 pm

I wish it were me..  :\'(

Nah, I like Ke$ha. I like her style of music.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/18/10 at 3:37 pm

I wish it were me..  :\'(

Nah, I like Ke$ha. I like her style of music.

My problem with her "performance" is that it was lip synced and auto tuned.

American Idol is no place for that nonsense.

Written By: Silver Power on 03/18/10 at 4:10 pm

With Tim Urban in the Top 12, the standards can't be that high.

Written By: Midas on 03/18/10 at 4:24 pm

With Tim Urban in the Top 12, the standards can't be that high.

Touché, Toréy! ;D  But LB is right; what Ke$ha proves is that you don't need talent, just some powerhouse production group that can put turn garbage into something the kids find catchy.  Don't get me wrong, "Tik Tok" can get stuck in my head because the hook is designed to do that, but overall she lacks true talent and neither TT or BBB have much substance to them.

Written By: Silver Power on 03/18/10 at 4:28 pm

But what about her song "Stephen" , with such amazingly deep lyrics as "Stephen.. I'll knit you a sweater.. And wrap you up with my love". I may be off by a few words, but those are really the lyrics. Still, I think she's hot.

She can collab with me anytime. I've got plenty of auto-tune for the both of us.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/10 at 10:15 am

was that the chick with the dancing TV heads behind her? The dancing TV heads were my favorite part of the whole show  ;D

I gotta tell ya this using Idol Vote Off Night as a performance venue/song promotion venue is getting old! I just want to see someone go home I don't want to listen to some artist I've never heard of sing some song I never intend to buy.  >:(

Written By: Silver Power on 03/19/10 at 11:29 am

I hardly ever watch the results show until the top 6, hoping that someone good goes home and some random audience member pulls a Kanye to the person who stayed.. Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Perhaps. In my dreams weekly? Absolutely. Anyways, I'll watch/do something else, then the next morning, look it up.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/10 at 3:53 pm

I hardly ever watch the results show until the top 6, hoping that someone good goes home and some random audience member pulls a Kanye to the person who stayed.. Unlikely? Yes. Impossible? Perhaps. In my dreams weekly? Absolutely. Anyways, I'll watch/do something else, then the next morning, look it up.

apparently you should just follow Seacrest on Twitter. He wrapped the LA based live show at 7pm and tweeted that he would have loser Lacey whats her name on his radio show on Thurs. Only problem is that the live show had only aired in the east coast by that point so all his followers on the west coast found out the reults two hours before the show aired here...

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/23/10 at 9:53 pm

Hate to say it, but tonight Paige sucked more than even Tim Urban.  8-P

My money says Paige is gone.

Siobhan  :-*  hit the high note again!  ;D

Big Mike... not bad, not bad at all.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/10 at 12:26 am

Paige will probably go although I wish Katie would go. 

Crystal and Casey were the best tonight.  I don't care what anyone says, Casey rocked my socks.  Pretty much everyone else sucked.  It was bad lounge singer night on Idol.

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 12:27 am

Okay- if Miley walked into a room I was in it would take me about ten minutes to figure out who the hell she was!
Btw Miley is either deaf or diplomatic... I'm going with diplomatic  ;D

Lee- hated the arrangement but not the performance... he sounded pretty good...

Paige- wow....you're not kidding about how bad she is... I haven't heard Tim yet but so far she's worse than a whole lot of idol contestants who've come before her...   Randy looks super scared!  ;D

Tim make no mistake... he still sucks but LB is right... paige sucked more.  dammit that means Tim could make the tour... alll the little girlies will be so happy  ::)  (kara stole my little girls line...  >:( )  this is some of the best judging ever tho lol  they are so annoyed that he's still in the competition.....and so am I

aaron  still looks like he's running for jr class president - not bad... I think he sings way better than David Archuletta ever did.   (seacrest just stole my archuletta reference....  >:( )

-----was the band trying to play kara off? like they do with long speeches at awards shows? that was weird.

Crystal win or no win...the girls got a future...

Mike easy... he could sing this song in his sleep.

andrew  I'm so over him.... he should just release straight up as a single and then go home.

hit post by accident.....  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 12:55 am

Paige will probably go although I wish Katie would go. 

Crystal and Casey were the best tonight.  I don't care what anyone says, Casey rocked my socks.   Pretty much everyone else sucked.  It was bad lounge singer night on Idol.

yes it is...

funny I didn't even listen to katie... I was starting a new thread and watching the free willy 4 trailer... yep.. I found the Free willy four trailer more interesting than katie's performance  ;D

you just like casey cuz he's kinda hot  ;D 's okay... that's totally how I feel about Sam on biggest Loser....  ;)  did he look at you Dag? did he huh?  :D
his vocals are better this week....

Didi (or is it dee dee) anyway- yeah she sucks too...

CHI MCBRIDE!!!! I've hugged him!!!!  Actually he hugged me.... same dif. 8)

Siobhan don't you love it when you can see the ego taking over the person who was unknown a month ago  ::)
yeah she just chose this song so that she could scream again this week... just because you can scream in key doesn't mean you have to keep doing it...

Written By: Midas on 03/24/10 at 9:21 am

For the most part, everyone made poor song choices last night.  Katie was about the only one that chose something current (although I wasn't totally fond of it last night, she didn't totally suck).

Paige was horrible.  It seemed like she was still having issues with her voice.  I kinda felt bad for her after that.

Andrew sucked too.

Tim Urbaneyebrow turned the show into American Slide-ol  ;D  I saw that and was like, "that's the best part of his performance!" ;D

I liked Didi's enough, but again...song choice.  It wasn't bad for her, it was just dated.

Crystal rocked my Bowersox.

Siobhan was good too but she needs to get away from the scream note and pull it back a bit if she's looking to repeat Adam Lambert's run.  Now's the point where she needs to do something that makes her look vulnerable, a la "Mad World".

Aaron did pretty well despite his "itis" issues.

Lee was okay

Mike was good

Casey was okay.  He'd win if it were "Guitar Idol". :D

Btw Miley is either deaf or diplomatic... I'm going with diplomatic  ;D

You are correct.  I think she said some positive things about some of the contestants just to be nice.  It wasn't sincere.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 11:47 am

Anybody else notice that unlike the other contestants, Siobhan  :-* did not hug Miley Cyrus?  Instead Siobhan stuck out her hand and shook Miley's.

I certainly hope that Siobhan can find a song that she can sing her scream note throughout.  Maybe Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" ???

Written By: Midas on 03/24/10 at 12:33 pm

Anybody else notice that unlike the other contestants, Siobhan  :-* did not hug Miley Cyrus?  Instead Siobhan stuck out her hand and shook Miley's.

I certainly hope that Siobhan can find a song that she can sing her scream note throughout.  Maybe Janis Joplin's "Piece of My Heart" ???

I noticed that the only one that really gave or got a sincere hug was Big Mike.

Siobhan's quirky but yeah, I dig her vocals. :)

I'm hoping Crystal makes it through and that she delivers next week as apparently she has a surprise lined up.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 4:23 pm

Andy Garcia's pronunciation was sort of odd when he did "Heard it Through the Grapevine".

Every time he said "Grape VIIIIIIIINE" it sounded like he had to take a dump really bad and was holding it in. 

I wish the judges would quit reflecting back on his "Straight Up" performance.  That was very early in the program, and if that's all he had, then the judges would have nobody but themselves to blame for him getting this far.

I think he has a great voice, but I have to agree with Simon... Andy has not "found himself" yet.  Choice of "Grapevine" was a terrible one, as terrible as Paige choosing "Against All Odds".

I think some of the performers are picking songs that they like, rather than songs that work for their voice.

...and I still want to hear Siobhan  :-* sing Leonard Cohen's "First We Take Manhattan".  I think she could slay that song, and yes there is room for a scream in there too.  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/10 at 6:01 pm

you just like casey cuz he's kinda hot  ;D 's okay... that's totally how I feel about Sam on biggest Loser....  ;)  did he look at you Dag? did he huh?  :D
his vocals are better this week....

Yes he is hot but it is more than that.  I actually do like his voice and I get a huge Bo Bice vibe from him and I love me some Bo.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 6:23 pm

Yes he is hot but it is more than that.  I actually do like his voice and I get a huge Bo Bice vibe from him and I love me some Bo.

I had to agree with Simon last night on Casey.  Basically his performance (while technically in good voice) was simply a recreation of the original recording.  Nothing new, just an impression-type act.  I don't see any originality in Casey's stuff, and his look is too "derivative" for me.

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/10 at 12:00 am

no I missed that part... how was miley's song? I fastforwarded thru it...

anyone notice that lee couldn't have been less interested in performing Wake ME Up before you Go-Go?  ;D

so glad Paige went home... don't know what the song was she was singing out too but she sounded even worse tonight!

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/10 at 12:02 am

Bo bice huh? I was thinking bucky covington... *ducks and covers* 

;D  just kidding.

Written By: Midas on 03/25/10 at 12:02 am

Bye Paige.  And thank you for not repeating "Against All Odds". :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/25/10 at 7:22 am

;D  just kidding.

I don't mind Bucky either.  :D

Not sad to see Paige go, just wish Katie could have gone first.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/25/10 at 7:58 am

;D   just kidding.

Oh, he's definitely working the Bucky angle.

Written By: Midas on 03/25/10 at 9:31 am

no I missed that part... how was miley's song? I fastforwarded thru it...

anyone notice that lee couldn't have been less interested in performing Wake ME Up before you Go-Go?  ;D

so glad Paige went home... don't know what the song was she was singing out too but she sounded even worse tonight!

The group number is usually cheesy and I try to skip through it whenever possible.

I thought Miley sucked and was a little overdramatic with her thrashing around.  ::) 

Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were uninteresting.  Somebody should've thrown pebbles at them instead of in the water to make a wave :D

I think I'm getting close to convincing Mrs. Midas to just fast-forward to the last 5 minutes of the elimination shows :D

Written By: karen on 03/25/10 at 3:37 pm

apparently you should just follow Seacrest on Twitter. He wrapped the LA based live show at 7pm and tweeted that he would have loser Lacey whats her name on his radio show on Thurs. Only problem is that the live show had only aired in the east coast by that point so all his followers on the west coast found out the reults two hours before the show aired here...

I was reading some blog or some such today and in the comments someone was bitching about the guy posting his review of the show before it had aired West Coast!

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/10 at 5:09 pm

I was reading some blog or some such today and in the comments someone was bitching about the guy posting his review of the show before it had aired West Coast!

that idiot should learn like the rest of us in cali- stay off the internet sites about shows if it hasn't aired in your region yet!

Written By: snozberries on 03/25/10 at 5:14 pm

The group number is usually cheesy and I try to skip through it whenever possible.

I thought Miley sucked and was a little overdramatic with her thrashing around.   ::) 

Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were uninteresting.  Somebody should've thrown pebbles at them instead of in the water to make a wave :D

I think I'm getting close to convincing Mrs. Midas to just fast-forward to the last 5 minutes of the elimination shows :D

oh that's who that was... I didn't stick around long enough to see who it was... Ryan said singing duo of Demi Lo.... and I hit fast forward cuz I didn't recognize the name  ;D

Mrs Midas is getting wise!  O0

Written By: ninny on 03/28/10 at 8:28 am

I thought Miley sucked and was a little overdramatic with her thrashing around.   ::) 

I usually watch other programs and just turn it for the last 5-10 minutes.

Written By: robby76 on 03/28/10 at 8:45 pm

;D I kept thinking "Are they really singing about pebbles"? Crappiest corniest lyrics ever!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/10 at 8:37 am

Wow, I hate to say this but Siobhan :-* really sucked last night.  Sounded like a cat getting dry-shaved by a snow plow.

Crystal's rendition of Midnight Train to Georgia was awesome.   :)  I liked that she had three lady backup singers filling in as The Pimps, too.  8)  Simon did not like having background singers, saying it made the song "old fashioned", but I disagree.  The backing vocals are part-and-parcel to this classic.

Didi completely sucked the vibe out of What Becomes of the Broken Hearted.  That performance could well mean the end of the road for her.   :-\\

Michael Lynche... awesome performance again.   :)

Andy Garcia... lives to fight another day.  But will the judges PLEASE STOP YAKKING about his 'Straight Up' performance?  :-X

Tim Urban... Has had the great fortune that each week so far, somebody else has had a horrible performance which doomed them to suckdom before him.  I'd rather endure a return of former contestant Sangina than listen to Tim one more time.    8-P

Written By: Midas on 03/31/10 at 9:46 am

Siobhan - what happened?  Wrong song choice.  It was almost like Paige all over again.  Which sucks 'cuz she's been really good the past few weeks. :(

Casey - good song choice and performance.  Dude needs to step away from the guitar sometime though.

Big Mike - awesome

Didi - that poor girl.  She may be the one leaving, unfortunately.

Andrew - where have you been?  Good song choice and arrangement and performance.

Tim - I think Siobhan should have done "Sweet Love".  Plus what's up with his facial expressions?  He looks like a nervous Andrew McCarthy up there (which isn't much different than how Andrew McCarthy looks when he acts). :D

Katie - song's too big and too old for ya, girl.  Get a clue.

Lee - best performance of the night.

Crystal - still rockin' my Bowersox.

Aaron - meh.

Last night's show was like a sandwich.  The bread was kinda stale but the meat inside was pretty good :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/10 at 5:24 pm

Siobhan... the judges said everything I've been thinking.... her lower register sucks, she pushes so hard to get to the screaming part that she forgets about the rest of the song... and the screaming is getting boring.

Crystal & Big Mike are still my favs. 

Lee, Casey & Andrew did well

Tim is lucky the teeny boppers think he's cute

Aaron was nervous and really has zero star power but his vocals were passable

Kate & DeeDee.....tick, tock, tick, tock....  ;D 

Written By: robby76 on 04/01/10 at 2:02 am

Casey – he’s such a dweeb.
Big Mike – He’s good, but with really slow songs like that I can’t help but tune out.
Andrew – finally proved why he’s still in the competition
Tim Urban – it’s all about likeability and he has that.
Lee - fantastic rendition!
Crystal - Sang it beautifully. Great song choice!
Aaron – I’ve gotta admit I love his husky voice! He completely ignored Usher’s key advice on the “I know, I know’s" though.  ::)
Siobhan / Didi / Katie – all forgettable

Written By: ninny on 04/01/10 at 6:07 am

Well of the 2 left standing I didn't really care who went home.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/10 at 8:04 am

I much rather would have seen Tim go home.  Didi's singing, while not the best of the bunch, is still light years better than helmet-haired Tim.

I noticed that Siobhan  :-* was crying alot yesterday during the eliminations.  I hope that she does not turn into an incarnation of Fantasia, who annoyingly turned on the crocodile tears every time she felt the need to have a "moment".  ::)

Written By: Midas on 04/01/10 at 10:57 am

Diddy takes the stage and Didi is sent home.  :D

Thank goodness they didn't do a gay group Autotune number.

Usher kinda sucked.

Diddy and Dirty Money rocked it.  I dig that track.

I wonder what's up for next week's competition...they might as well have an Autotune competition, since everyone does that now 'cuz they don't know how to carry a tune in a bucket.  T-Pain could be the mentor :D

Written By: Silver Power on 04/01/10 at 1:22 pm

Tim Urban fails so much, it's almost not a fail. It's reaching the point where it's a win.

For real. He wasn't even supposed to be in the Top 24, and now, due to sheer luck, he's made it this far. I think he's topped Sanjaya.

Written By: Midas on 04/01/10 at 1:47 pm

Tim Urban fails so much, it's almost not a fail. It's reaching the point where it's a win.

For real. He wasn't even supposed to be in the Top 24, and now, due to sheer luck, he's made it this far. I think he's topped Sanjaya.

There's a small part of me hoping he makes it far and even wins it to prove that people don't vote based on talent. :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/01/10 at 3:56 pm

Diddy takes the stage and Didi is sent home.  :D

Thank goodness they didn't do a gay group Autotune number.

Usher kinda sucked.

Diddy and Dirty Money rocked it.  I dig that track.

I wonder what's up for next week's competition...they might as well have an Autotune competition, since everyone does that now 'cuz they don't know how to carry a tune in a bucket.  T-Pain could be the mentor :D

Yeah I was disappointed with Usher's performance...but that song sucked so I blame the song not Usher  ;D

mmmm auto tune week would be automatic tune-out week for me.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/01/10 at 8:58 pm

Usher's performance was awful. That's a guy who can't sing live. As for Diddy - Dirty Money, loved that performance. When the strobe light warning came on the screen, I was a bit worried about having a seizure. Then I remembered, my family doesn't have a history of epilepsy. SO I turned all my lights off and watched. Everything's better in the dark.

If Tim wins, he can thank votefortheworst.com

Written By: Brian06 on 04/02/10 at 4:51 am

Usher's "OMG" song is terrible. Might be his worst song of all time.

Written By: Midas on 04/07/10 at 9:21 am

Aaron - Meh
Katie - good
Mike - He did well
Crystal - awesome
Tim - Surprisingly decent
Andrew - the worst of the night
Siobhan - much better, kinda boring but better
Casey - best of the night
Lee - I thought it was okay.  Not his best IMO.  The judges seemed to like it.  He's probably worried about going home if he reads this post :D

I'd bet on Andrew going home, based on performances last night.

Tonight's kickoff episode features up-and-coming autotune artist Jason Derulo, formerly-battered pop star Rihanna and David Archuleta as The Beaver.  :D

Written By: ninny on 04/07/10 at 12:23 pm

Aaron - Meh
Katie - good
Mike - He did well
Crystal - awesome
Tim - Surprisingly decent
Andrew - the worst of the night
Siobhan - much better, kinda boring but better
Casey - best of the night
Lee - I thought it was okay.  Not his best IMO.  The judges seemed to like it.  He's probably worried about going home if he reads this post :D

I'd bet on Andrew going home, based on performances last night.

Tonight's kickoff episode features up-and-coming autotune artist Jason Derulo, formerly-battered pop star Rihanna and David Archuleta as The Beaver.  :D

I missed Aaron and Lee's performances, but agree with everyone else.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/07/10 at 1:12 pm

Good lord, Rihanna would never make it thru American Idol.  Simon would be merciless about her nasal singing.

David Archuleta... looking forward to hearing him perform, he's cool.  8)

Written By: snozberries on 04/07/10 at 3:20 pm

ugh.... I HATE ARCHULETTA!

anyway-

I agree with Midasman's eval.......

I was surprised by Katie...it was really good.
I like Bowersox the best, followed by Casey.  Big Mike's was good but it took me a minute to adjust to the RB vibe of Eleanor Rigby.

I think Aaron, Tim and Andrew had the worst performances
Lee was not great but not so bad he needs to worry.....no matter what he thinks
and Siobhan was beyond boring. But probably not boring enough to get in the bottom 3

Written By: robby76 on 04/07/10 at 9:30 pm

Katie was the best of the night for me. She ended the song in too much of a Whitney / Mariah style though, which lost her a bit of credibility.

Looking forward to Archuletta on the results show! Yes I'm a fan!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/10 at 12:44 am

WOW! I did not expect Big Mike in the bottom three....let alone going home? Thank god for the save...

Written By: ninny on 04/08/10 at 6:01 am

WOW! I did not expect Big Mike in the bottom three....let alone going home? Thank god for the save...

Good use of the save.

Written By: Midas on 04/08/10 at 8:48 am

I fast-forwarded thru the medley :D

Jason Derulo wasn't all that, although the judges swooned over him. ::)

Rihanna and Archie were okay.

All the save does is stretch out the season one week longer.  We could have the same results next week.  That being said, I have no clue who's voting for Andrew because overall Big Mike is a better singer than him.

Tim Urban's gonna win it ;D

I heard Adam Lambert is the mentor next week  8)  He kinda sounds Alison Moyet-ish on his  single "Whataya Want From Me?" and I'm digging it.

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/10 at 2:37 pm

I fast-forwarded thru the medley :D

Jason Derulo wasn't all that, although the judges swooned over him. ::)

Rihanna and Archie were okay.

All the save does is stretch out the season one week longer.  We could have the same results next week.  That being said, I have no clue who's voting for Andrew because overall Big Mike is a better singer than him.

Tim Urban's gonna win it ;D

I heard Adam Lambert is the mentor next week  8)  He kinda sounds Alison Moyet-ish on his  single "Whataya Want From Me?" and I'm digging it.

that Rhianna song sucked tho... there was like one lyric in the whole thing... it reminded me of that george harrison song
This Song's Only Six Words Long...... oops I mean Got My Mind Set On You.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 04/08/10 at 8:22 pm

Actually, if they do it like last year two will go home next week.  No stretch.

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/10 at 8:50 pm

yep....that's what Ryan said last night.

Written By: Midas on 04/09/10 at 9:01 am

Oh yeah...in that case, the save is almost pointless if people vote the same way again.

That being said, I didn't think Mike was that bad and surely didn't think Tim was that good.  Mike's been consistent.  Tim has improved some, but doesn't have the 'wow' factor.  We've pretty much seen it in everyone else, except maybe Aaron.

Written By: Midas on 04/14/10 at 12:00 am

Bowersox - she's consistent.  I was kinda like, "meh; she'll advance".

TUrban - I genuinely liked it.  That was good for him.

Aaron - He at least got into his performance.  the half-step portion was better.

Andrew - bye.

Mike - my favourite of the night.  The judges did right by saving him.

Lee - awesome, still needs to not be so srs.

Siobhan - 2nd part better than the first.  Her lower register isn't that great.

Katie - oh no you din't!  ;D  It was probably her best performance

Casey - consistent but forgettable.

Adam gave the contestants a little more star power, although I thought maybe he could get even more 'oomph' out of the bunch.  Ah well, whataya want from him?  :D

Written By: lola669 on 04/14/10 at 7:12 am

I was at my daughter's softball game and I forgot to DVR it...off to the American Idol website to take a look. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/10 at 8:31 am

I wonder who does Adam Lambert's makeup? ???

The guyliner is way overdone, and that stuff he had packed onto his face looked like he fell into a bowl of flour.  :D

Written By: Silver Power on 04/14/10 at 1:29 pm

I am officially as of now on Team Urban.

Everyone this season bores me, there's not really anyone I can root for. When in doubt, Vote For The Worst!

Written By: Midas on 04/14/10 at 2:59 pm

I am officially as of now on Team Urban.

Everyone this season bores me, there's not really anyone I can root for. When in doubt, Vote For The Worst!

You should vote for Andrew then :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Teflon Tim won though.  Talk about a success story...substitute sent in for Top 24...breaks the Top 12...receives harsh criticism at first because he sucks and is cheesy...takes the advice and improves over the next few weeks...has an image that the target young audience likes so they keep voting for him...

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/10 at 3:51 pm

I'm still solidly a member of Siobhan's Screamers.  :)

She was looking especially luscious yesterday.  8)

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/14/10 at 8:51 pm

Adam Lambert looked like a constipated version of 1983 star Taco.

I half expected him to segue into a rendition of "Puttin' on the Ritz"...  ;D

Written By: robby76 on 04/14/10 at 9:25 pm

What a crappy week! I love Elvis, but doing cover versions of his songs just reminds me of bad karaoke. I wouldn't have voted for anyone.

Written By: Midas on 04/14/10 at 11:36 pm

Adam Lambert looked like a constipated version of 1983 star Taco.

I half expected him to segue into a rendition of "Puttin' on the Ritz"...  ;D

;D

Not sad about the bottom two.  Buh-bye.

Written By: ninny on 04/15/10 at 6:09 am

;D

Not sad about the bottom two.  Buh-bye.

Amen ;D

Written By: lola669 on 04/15/10 at 7:57 am

I just not into this season, I dunno why.  Maybe the contestants are just so predictable, nothing really WOWs me. 

Written By: Silver Power on 04/15/10 at 8:34 am

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM!  ;D

Written By: Midas on 04/15/10 at 9:16 am

I just not into this season, I dunno why.  Maybe the contestants are just so predictable, nothing really WOWs me. 

Agreed - probably the last season I'll watch.  I think the AI people know this season sucks too, so they're bringing in big stars to compensate for the suckiness. :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/10 at 11:09 am

Bowersox - she's consistent.  I was kinda like, "meh; she'll advance".

TUrban - I genuinely liked it.  That was good for him.

Aaron - He at least got into his performance.  the half-step portion was better.

Andrew - bye.

Mike - my favourite of the night.   The judges did right by saving him.

Lee - awesome, still needs to not be so srs.

Siobhan - 2nd part better than the first.  Her lower register isn't that great.

Katie - oh no you din't!  ;D  It was probably her best performance

Casey - consistent but forgettable.

Adam gave the contestants a little more star power, although I thought maybe he could get even more 'oomph' out of the bunch.  Ah well, whataya want from him?  :D

not a bad analysis....

I think Bowersox, Lynch and Dewyze (and Casey on a lesser scale) came to perform.... they gave star performances that you would pay to see.

Katie and Aaron were basically performing at High School Musical level....its was okay but who over the age of 13 really cares?
Tim was giving a performance at a college student union on a thursday night
Andrew was singing in some coffee shop somewhere
and Siobhan was performing in a piano bar.  ::) 

I notice that the advice Lambert gave Aaron and Siobhan was greatly disliked by the judges  ;D

I was glad to see Andrew and Katie go home... I was mad they put Mike in the bottom three for dramatic effect- I mean I always suspected that they did that but for seacrest to say it... that was - okay actually it was kind of cool because now the other contestants are probably wondering which one of them should've beeen in the bottom three in place of Mike.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/10 at 11:11 am

You should vote for Andrew then :D

I wouldn't be surprised if Teflon Tim won though.  Talk about a success story...substitute sent in for Top 24...breaks the Top 12...receives harsh criticism at first because he sucks and is cheesy...takes the advice and improves over the next few weeks...has an image that the target young audience likes so they keep voting for him...

has he really improved or does he just suck less? there is a difference!  ;) 

or maybe we're just getting used to him so he sucks just as bad as ever but now we are oblivious to it  :D

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/10 at 11:23 am

I didn't like Elvis week.  Whenever it's a well known artist, you're always gonna get criticized for ether ruining an great song or sounding too karaoke.

I like it when the contestants get to chose their own song, as sometimes they will go for the obscure, like that one season where David Archuleta sang 'You're the Voice' by John Farnham.  Only Simon recognized that song because it was a big hit in Britain, but not in the US

Written By: lola669 on 04/15/10 at 11:34 am

Tim-jaya is cute and he's an O.K. singer.  I'm sure he would sell lots of CDs, mostly to the tween girls.  He's sorta like the 4th Jonas to me. 

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/10 at 11:37 am

He's sorta like the 4th Jonas to me. 

But you just said he was an O.K. singer :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/10 at 11:47 am

;D

Written By: Midas on 04/15/10 at 12:12 pm

has he really improved or does he just suck less? there is a difference!  ;) 

or maybe we're just getting used to him so he sucks just as bad as ever but now we are oblivious to it  :D

It's probably the suck less factor. ;D  In a way I hope he wins :D

At any rate, if the top 10 don't step it up they're going to give a boring show on the tour.

Brookie did a good job with that other dude.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/15/10 at 12:13 pm

i lul'd

Written By: snozberries on 04/15/10 at 12:18 pm

It's probably the suck less factor. ;D  In a way I hope he wins :D

At any rate, if the top 10 don't step it up they're going to give a boring show on the tour.

Brookie did a good job with that other dude.

I fast forwarded when that other dude started singing... his first note turned me off....but Brookes first couple of notes were okay....did she remember all the lyrics?  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/20/10 at 8:12 pm

Tonight's recap...

Stacy- sucked
Lee - blew
Aaron - not bad
Crystal - awesome  8)
Big Mike - pretty good
Siobhan  :-* - I don't know what judges were complaining about
Turban - sucked

Written By: lola669 on 04/21/10 at 7:08 am

Tonight's recap...

Stacy- sucked
Lee - blew
Aaron - not bad
Crystal - awesome  8)
Big Mike - pretty good
Siobhan  :-* - I don't know what judges were complaining about
Turban - sucked

Once again I forgot to DVR it, I only caught the last bit.  Crystal was great!!!  :)

Written By: Midas on 04/21/10 at 8:48 am

Casey - bleh.  Maybe if it were "Guitar Idol".
Lee - great
Aaron - okay
Turban - could've been better
Siobhan - ok
Big Mike - wrong song choice, wasn't great
Mamasox - best of the night

On the recap I think they used Crystal's rehearsal as it didn't show her crying at the end.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/21/10 at 8:58 am

On the recap I think they used Crystal's rehearsal as it didn't show her crying at the end.

I noticed that, too.

I loved Crystal last night.  The crying made the song even better. 

Lee was second in my mind...the rest kinda stunk up the joint.

Written By: snozberries on 04/21/10 at 10:41 am

the only way crystal loses is if the teeny boppers unite their votes as their favorite douche gets voted off...

my biggest fear-

Lee, Casey, Aaron, go first....

1/2 lee's votes will go to Crystal- the other have go to the "cute guy"  as the cute guy is voted out all those cute guy votes go to tim and we have Tim and Crystal in the final two *shudders*

If that happens then I'm never watching idol again.....'specially if freaking tim wins....  8-P

Didn't mention big mike because unfortunately- as much as I love him his fan base is not large enough to keep him in to the end.... ah if only people actually voted based on talent....  ::)

Written By: ninny on 04/21/10 at 2:54 pm

Agree with all Crystal and Lee were the best..

Written By: Midas on 04/21/10 at 3:11 pm

I noticed that, too.

I loved Crystal last night.  The crying made the song even better. 

Lee was second in my mind...the rest kinda stunk up the joint.

Agreed.

So do they let somebody go tonight after all the Idol Gives Back stuff?

Seacrust: "I'm sorry; it's the end of the road for you.  Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for ________.  And please be sure to donate to 'Idol Gives Back'; your dollars go to a worthy cause..."

Written By: Dagwood on 04/21/10 at 6:56 pm

Agreed.

So do they let somebody go tonight after all the Idol Gives Back stuff?

Seacrust: "I'm sorry; it's the end of the road for you.  Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for ________.  And please be sure to donate to 'Idol Gives Back'; your dollars go to a worthy cause..."

Who knows.  Sometimes they do other times they don't.  I'm all for 2 hours of warm, fuzzy Idol then a boot to the butt of Tim Urban. ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/21/10 at 7:24 pm

Oh good lord. They have Miss Meth Face strutting on the stage.

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/10 at 1:18 am

Who knows.  Sometimes they do other times they don't.  I'm all for 2 hours of warm, fuzzy Idol then a boot to the butt of Tim Urban. ;D

I don't think they ever have let anyone go on Idol Gives back... it has something to do with being charitable and stuff. 

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/22/10 at 7:54 am

I don't think they ever have let anyone go on Idol Gives back... it has something to do with being charitable and stuff. 

Well they got plenty charitable this year.  Turban got whacked. !

Written By: snozberries on 04/22/10 at 8:15 am

Well they got plenty charitable this year.  Turban got whacked. !

oh thank god.... I don't have to stop watching idol then! I swear if he made it to the finallly I was done!

and yeah- I'd say they did America a great service!  The producers probably said- well its Turban so he'll smile the whole time and he had alll that luck so its kind of like celebrating that luck at the same time... ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/22/10 at 8:32 am

oh thank god.... I don't have to stop watching idol then! I swear if he made it to the finallly I was done!

and yeah- I'd say they did America a great service!  The producers probably said- well its Turban so he'll smile the whole time and he had alll that luck so its kind of like celebrating that luck at the same time... ;D

Turban and Casey were the bottom two.  Seems like Casey's wavy-hair-and-stubble schtick is getting old with the voters too.  I woulda been OK if either one was dumped.  I think Casey's lack of originality is gonna become a major issue in the next week or so.

Of the current survivors, my favorites would be Big Mike, Lee, Crystal, and Siobhan  :-* .  My least favorite would be Casey followed by Lee.

Written By: Midas on 04/22/10 at 8:59 am

You got your wish :D

Man, how long did the show go?  I know it went past 2 hr 15 minutes as my DVR cut off during Sir Elton.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/22/10 at 5:35 pm

You got your wish :D

Man, how long did the show go?  I know it went past 2 hr 15 minutes as my DVR cut off during Sir Elton.

It was almost 2 1/2 hours.

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/10 at 2:45 am

It was almost 2 1/2 hours.

ha ha... people with DVRS musta been pissed about that!

Written By: Midas on 04/23/10 at 9:18 am

ha ha... people with DVRS musta been pissed about that!

I wasn't.  I set ours to 2 hr 15 min knowing it would go past the 2 hr mark.  I knew in advance Turbaneyebrow was going home. :D

I know it's 4 weeks away but the showdown should be between Crystal and Lee.

Written By: snozberries on 04/23/10 at 10:38 am

I wasn't.  I set ours to 2 hr 15 min knowing it would go past the 2 hr mark.  I knew in advance Turbaneyebrow was going home. :D

I know it's 4 weeks away but the showdown should be between Crystal and Lee.

I just mean what if there was an artist you really wanted to see.....and you missed it because you didn't set the timer... like me- I'm in LA and couldn't make that adjustment on mine.  not that I plan on watching the whole thing anyway... I just wanted to fast forward and watch anyone I find interesting.  But appaerently I missed elton John....who else did I miss?

Written By: Midas on 04/23/10 at 11:38 am

I just mean what if there was an artist you really wanted to see.....and you missed it because you didn't set the timer... like me- I'm in LA and couldn't make that adjustment on mine.  not that I plan on watching the whole thing anyway... I just wanted to fast forward and watch anyone I find interesting.  But appaerently I missed elton John....who else did I miss?

I think before Elton John Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and others (Jeff Beck?) jammed on "Stairway To Heaven".

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/10 at 2:27 pm

I think before Elton John Mary J. Blige, Randy Jackson and others (Jeff Beck?) jammed on "Stairway To Heaven".

Orianthi  :-* played lead guitar on Stairway.  Awesome to see a girl who can shred a guitar like she can.  :)

However Mary K. Blige's vocals were forgettable.  My guess is that Simon would have deemed the whole thing pointless if he were asked to judge it.

It's gonna be interesting to see where Orianthi's career goes.

Written By: robby76 on 04/23/10 at 7:07 pm

However Mary K. Blige's vocals were forgettable.

She's been overrated for over a decade now. I don't see what the fuss is about her.

Highlights of the show for me were George Lopez and that black comedienne doing their stand-up pieces - hilarious! I also loved Annie Lennox's visit with that young girl in Africa.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/23/10 at 10:19 pm

Well they got plenty charitable this year.  Turban got whacked. !

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Written By: lola669 on 04/27/10 at 12:38 pm

Shania Twain songs tonight.  Should be interesting.  :-\\ ::)

Written By: Midas on 04/27/10 at 3:03 pm

Shania Twain songs tonight.  Should be interesting.   :-\\ ::)

Especially if someone like Big Mike sings "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" :D

Written By: lola669 on 04/27/10 at 3:05 pm

Especially if someone like Big Mike sings "Man! I Feel Like A Woman!" :D

HA HA HA!!!  :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/27/10 at 5:43 pm

Will be interesting to see if anybody tackles "Forever and for Always".  ???

Shania herself could not sing this worth a darn, without major studio production overlays.  Every time I've heard her sing this live, she sounded like a cat being shaved by a snow plow.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/27/10 at 9:06 pm

The scream is back !!!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/10 at 9:40 pm

The scream is back !!!!!!

you say that like it actually left  ::)

Written By: Midas on 04/27/10 at 10:03 pm

you say that like it actually left  ::)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How about "the competition is back!" :D

Everyone was pretty good overall.  First three better than the last three.

Based on this week's performances I would probably put the wimmins in the bottom two.

Written By: lola669 on 04/28/10 at 7:17 am

They were better than I had expected. 

I never got the whole Casey thing...until last night.  He was really, really yum good. 

My least favorites were Siobhan and Crystal.  I used to like Siobhan but I'm over her, I don't think I could listen to an entire CD of her singing.  Crystal, I just didn't like that song for her. 

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/10 at 7:33 pm

Siobhan sounded awful! I was listening to the show in dispatch and my partner was like.. "What the hell is that?!?"  ;D

Written By: Midas on 04/28/10 at 11:33 pm

Annnnddddd the screamer is silenced!

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/29/10 at 8:18 am

:\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(  Siobhan :-* is gone  :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

My opinion, Lee is the one who shoulda gotten the heave 'ho.  Big Mike was right though, in saying that the people in the Bottom Three should not be embarassed, as everybody (except Lee, in my opinion) had a very strong night.  Even Casey, of whom I am not a fan, did an outstanding job.

I'm a little suprised that Casey was in the bottom two though.  Apparently his long-hair-and-stubble schtick has grown old with his fan base.

Krystal is obviously a great talent.  But I would not rule out something weird happening with her.  She already almost walked out once, a couple of weeks ago.  She gives me a sense that she has what I call "The fear of success", where someone with great talent/skill subconsciously undermines themselves because success is uncomfortable to them.  I hope this does not happen to her, and that if she does NOT win Idol, that she goes out fighting.

Written By: Midas on 04/29/10 at 9:16 am

Everybody was good this week, but nobody really stood out over the others.

Next week is Harry Connick Jr. and the songs of Sinatra.  I'll be waiting for one of the judges to say something along the lines of "you sounded old/the song didn't sound current..." ::)  :D

Written By: ninny on 04/29/10 at 9:56 am

Annnnddddd the screamer is silenced!

Once she got to the bottom 3, I knew she would be the one to go, Granted she had talent, but you can't rely on screaming at the end of ever song.

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/10 at 10:36 am

Thank God Siobhan is gone!!! I don't think I could've stood another week of her

Lyric I think if replayed her song this week and only listened to it (don't watch her) you'll find the performance pretty much sucked. 

Written By: Dagwood on 04/29/10 at 5:41 pm

So glad to see her go.  I couldn't take the screaming any more.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/04/10 at 7:27 pm

Good Lord.  Did Casey have his hair in a bun? ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/10 at 10:07 pm

Why yes, yes he did!  ;D

I hated this might even more than country nite.
Actually- no I didn't cuz this was shorter. 
That being said the judges were on crack.
I loved crystals perfomance & I thought lees was boring.
Mike was good as usually

I laughed when Simon said Casey had a gig waiting fir him next week.
Casey or Aaron could go home. But for dags sake I'll hope it's Aaron.  ;)

Written By: Midas on 05/04/10 at 11:08 pm

Tonight's show got progressively better over the hour.

That being said, I have to question why they have a Frank Sinatra week.  The contestants' ages range from 16 to 28, and that's pretty much the target audience for the show...and I would have to say, although Sinatra's a legend and all that, he's not really relevant or current, and I don't think this week helps any of the contestants.  I don't think the target audience is out buying Sinatra tunes.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/05/10 at 7:10 am

Casey or Aaron could go home. But for dags sake I'll hope it's Aaron.  ;)

Thanks, Q.  I would hate to see my eye candy leave.  Unfortunately I think he may be going.  He did not do well at all.  My favorite of the night was Lee with Crystal a close second. 

Written By: lola669 on 05/05/10 at 7:37 am

Casey looked lost without his guitar.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/10 at 8:22 am

Lee really raised the bar this week.  Excellent showing.  :)
Aaron... meh.
Big Mike... Cool as usual.  8)
Crystal... Was OK.  But at this stage almost all of the schlubs are out of the competition, so she can't afford another "OK" night.  :P
Casey... This week was a suck-o-rama for him. 8-P I think he'll be packing his bags tonight.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 9:12 am

soooo..... I'm the only one who could've cared less about Lee's performance? What are you guys seeing/hearing that I didn't. If that had played on my radio I would've turned it off.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/10 at 9:20 am

soooo..... I'm the only one who could've cared less about Lee's performance? What are you guys seeing/hearing that I didn't. If that had played on my radio I would've turned it off.

Lee and Big Mike were the only ones (in my opinion) who did not sound like they were "singing outside their genre".  The rest came across as uncomfortable, like if you asked the Sex Pistols to start singing gospel.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 9:28 am

Lee and Big Mike were the only ones (in my opinion) who did not sound like they were "singing outside their genre".  The rest came across as uncomfortable, like if you asked the Sex Pistols to start singing gospel.

I'd say its because I don't like the genre that I hated Lee's performance but I could appreciate Big Mike's and Crystal's so that's not it... and its not that I don't like Lee because I've been saying all along that I see Lee in the final three with the other two.... I just really thought it was a bad performance.

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 9:50 am

Lee really raised the bar this week.  Excellent showing.  :)
Aaron... meh.
Big Mike... Cool as usual.   8)
Crystal... Was OK.  But at this stage almost all of the schlubs are out of the competition, so she can't afford another "OK" night.   :P
Casey... This week was a suck-o-rama for him. 8-P I think he'll be packing his bags tonight.

My thoughts exactly.  I think what helped Lee this week is that he looked a lot more confident and comfortable than he has in weeks past.  He actually performed versus going on stage and singing.

I'm still a fan of Mamasox, but I don't think she wants the win bad enough.

Saving Big Mike was the smartest decision made this season.

Either one of the other two can go.  It'll probably be Casey as I would guess the young Turbanites probably shifted their votes to Aaron.

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 9:54 am

I'd say its because I don't like the genre that I hated Lee's performance but I could appreciate Big Mike's and Crystal's so that's not it... and its not that I don't like Lee because I've been saying all along that I see Lee in the final three with the other two.... I just really thought it was a bad performance.

Was it too pitchy, dawg? :D

I would have turned them all off if I heard these performances on the radio.  Just ain't my bag, baby.  But I think Lee's performance was one of the best of the evening.

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 10:00 am

Was it too pitchy, dawg? :D

I would have turned them all off if I heard these performances on the radio.  Just ain't my bag, baby.  But I think Lee's performance was one of the best of the evening.

I was just talking to a co-worker who sings opera... she said that the thing about Lee's performance was that he was finally engaging. He showed personality and the judges were blinded by that... she said she played it back and just listened to it and it was completely off key.  ;D
So I stand by my original opinion.  :P

Written By: robby76 on 05/06/10 at 5:59 am

I've always liked Harry Connick Jnr - especially when he was in Will & Grace - but those clips from the Idol Result Show made him look like a loud-mouthed bully. I know he was trying to be funny, but it just didn't sit right with me. There's a time and a place for brashness. He's supposed to be a mentor for these kids.

Anyway... why oh why is Casey still in this competition???  Sad to see Aaron go.  :-\\

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/06/10 at 8:07 am

Anyway... why oh why is Casey still in this competition??? 

Maybe next week all the guys will wear their hair in a bun.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 11:33 am

Anyway... why oh why is Casey still in this competition???  Sad to see Aaron go.  :-\\

because Dag thinks he's pretty to look at.... so I told the powers that be to keep him in for one more week!  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/06/10 at 5:49 pm

because Dag thinks he's pretty to look at.... so I told the powers that be to keep him in for one more week!  ;D

Yeah, what snoz said.  He is pretty to look at and I want to keep him around.  I have that kind of power. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 6:43 pm

Yeah, what snoz said.  He is pretty to look at and I want to keep him around.  I have that kind of power. ;D

together we are an unstoppable force!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 3:46 am

what a crappy week.... I mean the Duets were pretty good... but damn really- those were the four songs they chose to sing?

Lee- Kiss from a Rose- um I think you got a thorn stuck in your lips...that's what it sounded like anyway...

Big Mike... that MJ song from Free Willy....while the whole explaining Free Willy to Simon was hilarious- this was not the song for him. Hey Mike...wanna do an MJ song? Do Ben... now that's a song you could sing the hell out of.

Casey- I already forgot what he sang... I only remember I didn't like it much...  I'm saying- based on the solos and the duets- he's by far the weakest left in the competition.... lee's next but Lee sang the hell out of his duet so he's slightly redeemed.

Crystal... I'm alright?  was that some comment on the whole "ryan talked her out of leaving the show" tabloid crap....save that shyt for later and sing us a real song... she could've nailed a Billie Holliday song (Lady Sings the Blues) or she could indie rocked it with one of those many indie rock songs from all those indie movies that feature indie rock songs...

speaking of.... anyone else kinda wishing someone had done the Moldy Peaches song from Juno? I know I was hoping for it...

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/12/10 at 8:01 am

I would have liked it if Mike had sung the theme from Shaft.

Lee sucked big time.

Casey was OK but the perf was forgettable.

Krystal was OK, not stunning.

I would not be surprised if they ALL get voted off tonight, and they bring back Siobhan and crown her the winner.

Written By: Midas on 05/12/10 at 8:56 am

I would have liked it if Mike had sung the theme from Shaft.

Lee sucked big time.

Casey was OK but the perf was forgettable.

Krystal was OK, not stunning.

I would not be surprised if they ALL get voted off tonight, and they bring back Siobhan and crown her the winner.

;D

After the show we played back samples from the Top 12 on iTunes and Siobhan wasn't all that.  :D

The solos were meh.  Crystal & Lee's duet rocked.  I wasn't impressed much with Mike & Casey's.

One of the guys will probably go home tonight.  I'm guessing either Mike or Casey.

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 9:45 am

if that happened i would sue American Idol for harassment and file charges on them & her for assault with a deadly weapon!  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 9:46 am

;D

After the show we played back samples from the Top 12 on iTunes and Siobhan wasn't all that.  :D

See.... makes a big difference when you listen to her rather than watching her...

Written By: Midas on 05/12/10 at 9:48 am

See.... makes a big difference when you listen to her rather than watching her...

Eh, her lower register sucks.  She can scream though. :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 9:49 am

Eh, her lower register sucks.  She can scream though. :D

her lower register totally sux!  plus....she rushes to the song to get to the screaming part... and...a lot of times... her screaming is pitchy. 

Written By: Midas on 05/12/10 at 9:58 am

her lower register totally sux!  plus....she rushes to the song to get to the screaming part... and...a lot of times... her screaming is pitchy. 

I feel ya, dawg. :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 10:18 am

I feel ya, dawg. :D

;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/12/10 at 6:25 pm

if that happened i would sue American Idol for harassment and file charges on them & her for assault with a deadly weapon!  :P

;D

I am betting either Mike or Casey is gone...hopefully Mike.  Gotta have my eye candy for at least another week.

Written By: snozberries on 05/12/10 at 6:29 pm

;D

I am betting either Mike or Casey is gone...hopefully Mike.  Gotta have my eye candy for at least another week.

Hey!!! Why Mike- Mike's a good singer... nope... it's gotta be Casey.... or Lee...  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/12/10 at 7:30 pm

Hey!!! Why Mike- Mike's a good singer... nope... it's gotta be Casey.... or Lee...  ;)

Mike because I want a Crystal/Lee final 2. :P ;)

Written By: Midas on 05/13/10 at 12:18 am

;D

After all of Dag's mad voting (Mad Dag! :D) her wish comes true!

I checked it out online before it aired here in case there was a silly group performance I had to fast forward through.  I only did for Fantasia because she still reminds me of Daisy Duck.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/040520/040520_fantasiaBarrino_vmed_4p.widec.jpghttp://images1.makefive.com/images/200850/4e88000ab990407b.jpg

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/10 at 12:36 am

Mike because I want a Crystal/Lee final 2. :P ;)

that's it dag yer going down lol

seriously I liked lee in the beginning but neither he nor Casey especially strong singers.
Mike's way better than them. Granted u want crystal to win but I wanted her to have competition not get the thing handed handed to her :P

oh well be ready to hear see me bitch & moan if they don't bring it next week.  ;)

Written By: Midas on 05/13/10 at 12:42 am

seriously I liked lee in the beginning but neither he nor Casey especially strong singers.
Mike's way better than them. Granted u want crystal to win but I wanted her to have competition not get the thing handed handed to her :P

oh well be ready to hear see me bitch & moan if they don't bring it next week.  ;)

Mike definitely has better stage presence and confidence than the other two guys.  Lee's just starting to become more comfortable.

Let's hope it gets better this next week or else Season 9 is a joke.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/13/10 at 7:12 am

After all of Dag's mad voting (Mad Dag! :D) her wish comes true!

I checked it out online before it aired here in case there was a silly group performance I had to fast forward through.  I only did for Fantasia because she still reminds me of Daisy Duck.

What can I say?  I'm good. :D  Actually I haven't voted since Bo Bice lost.  I just said what I wanted and Idol obliged. ;)

Fantasia sucked.  I have never liked her and wish they would quit trotting her out to boost her sales.  

oh well be ready to hear see me bitch & moan if they don't bring it next week.  ;)

Crystal is the stronger singer, that's for sure.  I think Lee and Casey will bring it next week.  

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/13/10 at 7:24 am

Fantasia sucked.  I have never liked her and wish they would quit trotting her out to boost her sales.  

I never saw the attraction to 'Tasia.  I mean, her performance last night was some sort of cheap attempt to steal Diana Ross' mojo somehow.  Very forgettable perfomance.  ::)

'Tasia would have been better served if she had used her signature move... blubbering her eyes out... as soon as Ryan asked her about her daughter.

Having Daughtry on there was a good idea... great way to show the "loser" contestants that "losing" American Idol is not the end of the road.  :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/13/10 at 8:52 am

What can I say?  I'm good. :D  Actually I haven't voted since Bo Bice lost.  I just said what I wanted and Idol obliged. ;)

:P

Crystal is the stronger singer, that's for sure.  I think Lee and Casey will bring it next week. 

I bet they don't!!!

Fantasia sucked.  I have never liked her and wish they would quit trotting her out to boost her sales. 

I never saw the attraction to 'Tasia.  I mean, her performance last night was some sort of cheap attempt to steal Diana Ross' mojo somehow.  Very forgettable perfomance.  ::)

I actually like Fantasia. I didn't necessarily like the song she did last night but after J. Hud and Latoya London were voted out she was my choice to win. 

'Tasia would have been better served if she had used her signature move... blubbering her eyes out... as soon as Ryan asked her about her daughter.

This bothers me a bit because when Fantasia was doing idol she only saw her daughter on show nights. She was separated from her child so of course she was emotional about it... now apparently the family can stay with them and stuff... at least that's what it looked like when they showed some of that behind scenes stuff...It looked like Big Mike's wife and kid were staying with him.

Having Daughtry on there was a good idea... great way to show the "loser" contestants that "losing" American Idol is not the end of the road.  :)

I liked D when he was on the show and he was my favorite to win but I have not enjoyed him very much since... I didn't watch the performance last night.

Also heard a David Cook song on the radio a couple days ago and thought what a crappy song.... guess I only like my idols singing covers of songs I know  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/18/10 at 9:45 pm

Lee and Crystal did well tonight.  Casey did okay.  Time for Casey to go home and Lee/Crystal in the finals.

Written By: Midas on 05/18/10 at 10:52 pm

Lee and Crystal did well tonight.  Casey did okay.  Time for Casey to go home and Lee/Crystal in the finals.

Round 1 - Lee
Round 2 - Lee (with help from Simon - I mean, that was a big production!)

I'd be happy with him winning and the audience seemed to go wild for him tonight.

Even if he doesn't win, he'll be on radio soon.

Still digging Mamasox; she's been consistent throughout.

Casey just didn't cut the mustard tonight.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 8:58 am

Time for Casey to get the old heave-hoe.

Written By: Midas on 05/19/10 at 9:36 am

Maybe he'll get the heave from Kara :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 10:51 am

Casey did okay.  Time for Casey to go home

why couldn't you have said that last week?  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 05/19/10 at 6:08 pm

why couldn't you have said that last week?  :P

Because he is my eye candy and I needed to keep him as long as possible. :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 6:12 pm

Because he is my eye candy and I needed to keep him as long as possible. :P

::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 9:14 pm

And so it happened...

Written By: Dagwood on 05/19/10 at 10:01 pm

::)

Your just mad that I got my way. :P ;)

Bye bye Casey.  You were more of a back up singer, not a lead.  I am torn, I would love Crystal to win but Lee's hometown visit and his emotions are making me lean his way.  I think I would be happy if either one of them won.

On a side note, a local radio station interviews Tony Cowell, Simon's brother, every Wednesday morning.  He pegs Lee for the win.

Written By: Midas on 05/20/10 at 12:49 am

Your just mad that I got my way. :P ;)

Bye bye Casey.  You were more of a back up singer, not a lead.  I am torn, I would love Crystal to win but Lee's hometown visit and his emotions are making me lean his way.  I think I would be happy if either one of them won.

On a side note, a local radio station interviews Tony Cowell, Simon's brother, every Wednesday morning.  He pegs Lee for the win.

They've both done well but given the past few weeks I'd be down with Lee winning.  He's got the drive.  He wants to win.  He's excited now.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/20/10 at 7:24 am

They've both done well but given the past few weeks I'd be down with Lee winning.  He's got the drive.  He wants to win.  He's excited now.

He does.  He also seems more grateful for where he is.  Yeah, his hometown package made me tear up.  I'm a bawl baby at times. :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/20/10 at 8:00 am

Does Crystal have canine teeth?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/22/10 at 11:59 pm

In the meantime I caught a pang of my life ebbing away, so I took an extra Valium and everything was fun!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angel4.gif

Written By: Midas on 05/25/10 at 10:14 pm

mmkay

At this point I don't care who wins 'cuz I like them both, but Crystal was the better performer tonight.  That being said, I think the odds were stacked against Lee with the song chosen for each to be released as a single.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/25/10 at 10:33 pm

I'm with you, Midas.  Either could win and I would be happy but Crystal was better tonight.

Written By: snozberries on 05/25/10 at 11:37 pm

Maybe I'm still holding a grudge but lee's totally boring me.

Written By: robby76 on 05/26/10 at 8:05 am

This has been the most boring Idol finale ever. Not that they're not good - they're good, but they're just not the normal Idol fare. Based on tonight, Crystal showed the most talent.

Written By: Midas on 05/26/10 at 9:02 am

Maybe I'm still holding a grudge but lee's totally boring me.

You are. :D  But hey, I could've seen Big Mike in the final 2 as well.  He's awesome.

Written By: ninny on 05/26/10 at 10:21 am

This has been the most boring Idol finale ever. Not that they're not good - they're good, but they're just not the normal Idol fare. Based on tonight, Crystal showed the most talent.

I know Lee just didn't seem to have that extra that he needed to win, Crystal was more dynamic..My husband says that it's all fixed, because they knew Lee will get a good record contract anyway so they want Crystal to win.

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/10 at 10:52 am

You are. :D   But hey, I could've seen Big Mike in the final 2 as well.  He's awesome.

:) karma!

Truth is I liked Lee the first two weeks but after prolonged exposure I felt he didn't have much in the way of range....it was the same performance different song week after week...

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/10 at 10:53 am

I know Lee just didn't seem to have that extra that he needed to win, Crystal was more dynamic..My husband says that it's all fixed, because they knew Lee will get a good record contract anyway so they want Crystal to win.

maybe he'll get better... he just doesn't seem to have the energy one needs to, ya know, excite an audience!

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/26/10 at 9:04 pm

Crystal got boned.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/26/10 at 9:14 pm

Crystal will do well.  You almost do better if you don't win this show.  Carrie and Kelly are the only winners that have really had a career.

Written By: Brian06 on 05/26/10 at 9:27 pm

Idol voters choose mediocrity, how shocking!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 12:41 am

Ummmmm. What the hell just happened?
  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/10 at 7:23 am

What is Crystal's nationality?  In many of her appearances she has that "sucking on a lemon" look made famous by Renee Zellweger.

I think I read a while back that in Renee's case it is due to her nationality, apparently she descends from some group in (I think) Norway and that is a trait of that group/clan.

Anybody know if Crystal has some Norwegian blood? ???

Written By: robby76 on 05/27/10 at 9:18 am

The Results Show Grand Finale fared better. Loved seeing Chicago and Janet (how short was her hair)?

It was great how they got all the past winners and most runners-up on there for Simon's rousing farewell song. Quite a touching moment to look back on winners gone by. It did feel like the swan song for the whole show in general though.

Written By: Midas on 05/27/10 at 9:25 am

Ummmmm. What the hell just happened?
 http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Lee Dewyze likely got the "oh he's so cute" vote from young females and the South (clean cut, no skeletons in his closet that we know of.  I won't deny that Lee is talented, but really, Crystal is the better vocalist.  She has range.  She's in key.  Hopefully she'll get a deal and put out a cool record.

I feel bad that his debut single is a huge U2 song that he can't quite fill the shoes of.  I guess it's better than some horrible song Kara would've written for the winner  :D

I liked the Alice Cooper performance 'cuz he's my homeboy but the vocals overall weren't great.

The Bee Gees was a nice surprise.  I think Siobahn did great vocally on that track.

I was half-paying attention when Christina Aguilera came on and thought she was only going to do 30 seconds of "Fighter". :D  I also wondered why Katie and Siobhan didn't choose one of her tracks during the competition, because they sounded great on them last night.

I dig Hall & Oates.  Daryl Hall has an awesome voice.

I liked the Chicago Medley.  I think Lee sang it well; although he really needs to work on his facial expressions.   :o

The Bret Michaels appearance was a surprise.  Casey got to play Guitar Hero. :D

I think Crystal sounded better than Alanis Morrisette and was kinda shocked they were singing "You Oughta Know" until the words got changed to "will she go down with you to a theater".  ::)

The Lee/Crystal duet was good.  Then that Joe Cocker guy sang some runs I couldn't understand  (did he sing "I just got off the bus" ?" ) :D ;D  I think Lee and Crystal should record a duet.

Janet was cool.

Goodbye Simon!   Idol's probably going to suck more now that you're gone, unless you get someone credible to fill your shoes, like Clive Davis or something.  My luck it'll be P. Diddly or Doody or whatever he calls himself now.

Oh yeah, also heard Ellen is starting a record label and signed that mini-Bieber kid who sang "Paparazzi".

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 9:57 am

What is Crystal's nationality?  In many of her appearances she has that "sucking on a lemon" look made famous by Renee Zellweger.

I think I read a while back that in Renee's case it is due to her nationality, apparently she descends from some group in (I think) Norway and that is a trait of that group/clan.

Anybody know if Crystal has some Norwegian blood? ???

At least she has an expression... I've seen more personality in someone watching paint dry..... Lee's eyes are totally vacant.. there is nothing there... same with Tim Urban and Aaron Kelly....

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 10:08 am

Lee Dewyze likely got the "oh he's so cute" vote from young females and the South (clean cut, no skeletons in his closet that we know of.  I won't deny that Lee is talented, but really, Crystal is the better vocalist.  She has range.  She's in key.  Hopefully she'll get a deal and put out a cool record.

honestly they need to limit the number times people are allowed to vote...

I feel bad that his debut single is a huge U2 song that he can't quite fill the shoes of.  I guess it's better than some horrible song Kara would've written for the winner  :D

That's where I know the song from... in his hands it was unrecognizable to me...

I liked the Alice Cooper performance 'cuz he's my homeboy but the vocals overall weren't great.

I thought it was a strange song and when the zombie kids came out I nearly choked I was laughing so hard.... when Alice Cooper came out I finally got it... no the vocals pretty much sucked and I found myself very thankful that I don't go to the idol concert!

The Bee Gees was a nice surprise.  I think Siobahn did great vocally on that track.

Yeah it was--- I thought Siobahn and Aaron sang it way too slow...

I was half-paying attention when Christina Aguilera came on and thought she was only going to do 30 seconds of "Fighter". :D  I also wondered why Katie and Siobhan didn't choose one of her tracks during the competition, because they sounded great on them last night.

I'm with ya--- the girls all sang on that one right? It was pretty apparent why Crystal was in the finals over the other girls..... if that wasn't the song then take that statement and apply it to a song where all the girls got a chance to sing.....

I dig Hall & Oates.  Daryl Hall has an awesome voice.

I concur...

I liked the Chicago Medley.  I think Lee sang it well; although he really needs to work on his facial expressions.   :o

I completely disagree- I thought Lee was horrible in that performance and that Chicago wasn't much better.... but I agree with you on the facial expressions needing work!  ;)

The Bret Michaels appearance was a surprise.  Casey got to play Guitar Hero. :D

I really enjoyed that... and Casey did better than in most of his performances...  and  ;D  pm the guitar hero comment.

I think Crystal sounded better than Alanis Morrisette and was kinda shocked they were singing "You Oughta Know" until the words got changed to "will she go down with you to a theater".  ::)

I was a little perplexed that they weren't performing "together"  it was more like a challenge or a sing off... and yeah Crystal totally nailed it...

The Lee/Crystal duet was good.  Then that Joe Cocker guy sang some runs I couldn't understand  (did he sing "I just got off the bus" ?" ) :D ;D  I think Lee and Crystal should record a duet.

I think I fast forwarded thru it....

Janet was cool.

Janet's always cool..... um she, bret and that Alanis/crystal duet were the only moments I enjoyed from the ep....

Goodbye Simon!   Idol's probably going to suck more now that you're gone, unless you get someone credible to fill your shoes, like Clive Davis or something.  My luck it'll be P. Diddly or Doody or whatever he calls himself now.

No probably about it... it will suck without Simon.... I don't even know if I want to watch next time because how many years now has the lesser artist won? 

Oh yeah, also heard Ellen is starting a record label and signed that mini-Bieber kid who sang "Paparazzi".

oh joy....  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 10:11 am

Oh wait... how bout that Kanye moment when that tool grabbed Dane Cook's mike...

I don't think that was supposed to happen... then that chick was like good idea I wanna talk too... then that dude was no this is my mike get away.....then that other dude was like "I'll get the mike from him and save the day"  and then the director panicked and screamed cut to commercial....

;D    Dane Cook seemed amused by the whole thing... 

Written By: Midas on 05/27/10 at 1:52 pm

Oh wait... how bout that Kanye moment when that tool grabbed Dane Cook's mike...

I don't think that was supposed to happen... then that chick was like good idea I wanna talk too... then that dude was no this is my mike get away.....then that other dude was like "I'll get the mike from him and save the day"  and then the director panicked and screamed cut to commercial....

;D    Dane Cook seemed amused by the whole thing... 

Meh.  The stuff with the Idol rejects (that and "Pants On The Ground") was ok.  Rejects ruining stuff. :P

Written By: Midas on 05/27/10 at 1:52 pm

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/MichaelMcDoCA.jpg

:D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/27/10 at 5:04 pm

Meh.  The stuff with the Idol rejects (that and "Pants On The Ground") was ok.  Rejects ruining stuff. :P

They messed that up too.  The whole point of "Pants on the Ground" is that urban utes should respect themselves and pull their pants up.

Instead, as the performance went along, the dancers' pants kept getting lower, until at the end, when all of them were standing there in their bloomers with their pants around their ankles.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 5:05 pm

They messed that up too.  The whole point of "Pants on the Ground" is that urban utes should respect themselves and pull their pants up.

Instead, as the performance went along, the dancers' pants kept getting lower, until at the end, when all of them were standing there in their bloomers with their pants around their ankles.

that's called irony...

Written By: Dagwood on 05/27/10 at 5:36 pm

honestly they need to limit the number times people are allowed to vote...

Agreed.  It's not like they can't.  Dancing With The Stars does it so it is possible.

Written By: Midas on 05/27/10 at 5:37 pm

William Hung ruined it for me.

Written By: snozberries on 05/27/10 at 5:47 pm

William Hung ruined it for me.

I thought they were gonna do an homage to Glee and mash up Pants on the Ground with She Bang.....but no instead they make us suffer thru william hung attempting to rap  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/27/10 at 6:29 pm

I thought they were gonna do an homage to Glee and mash up Pants on the Ground with She Bang.....but no instead they make us suffer thru william hung attempting to rap  ::)

I did the fast forward thing through that mess.

Written By: robby76 on 05/27/10 at 8:14 pm

Yes Midas... MICHAEL MCDONALD!!! When I first posted about the results finale I had missed the first hour, so completely missed all that. Seeing it again on repeat was worth it for Mr McDonald who I'm a big fan of. So glad he got partnered with Mike - great job.

Written By: Midas on 05/28/10 at 8:48 am

Yes Midas... MICHAEL MCDONALD!!! When I first posted about the results finale I had missed the first hour, so completely missed all that. Seeing it again on repeat was worth it for Mr McDonald who I'm a big fan of. So glad he got partnered with Mike - great job.

I have to refer to him as Michael McDo now as a friend of mine has an internet station that used to have the artist tag on the track "On My Own" as "Patti LaBelle and Michael McDo".  McDo!  ;D

So when I was in San Diego a couple years ago there was a McDonald's in La Mesa with the lights for "nald's" burned out on the sign and...there's my amateur photoshop skillz...and there you go.  :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/djmidas96/MichaelMcDoCA.jpg

There's some photoshopped images floating around that another buddy of mine made years ago as a spoof on the video game "Mr. Do"  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...