inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The View

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 2:05 pm

I could place this in more than a decade because its been on for 13 years but I've decided that we could perhaps discuss the show and the hot topics...

I have a request tho- If you don't like the view that's fine you are entitled to your opinion- if you watch the show feel free to post your comments but if you have never watched the view before don't come here and bash on it because you think its mindless... its fun entertainment and plenty of us enjoy it.

And sorry Dag.. I may bash Lizzie a few times but not out of spite or ignorance  ;)

so I am about 4 eps behind..... I'm watching the one where Brooke shields co-hosted. any day without Barbara is a good day for me!

Subject: Re: The View

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 2:07 pm

MJ's Doc got paid 150K a month!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 2:13 pm

I'm with Sherri... Howard Stern replacing simon is a bad idea... i don't know if idol could last more than one season without Simon Cowell

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 2:15 pm

Why the hell is sherri congratulating Heidi Montag for her album... oh its a joke  :D 

I wonder how many of the 658 people who bought the album are family and friends...
and how many are comedians looking for jokes  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 2:25 pm

I love whoopi... American Airlines is charging 25 damn dollars for baggage and now they want to charge passengers in coach 8 dollars for a blanket... charge the people at the front of the plane...

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/10 at 3:14 pm

And sorry Dag.. I may bash Lizzie a few times but not out of spite or ignorance  ;)

Bash away...I just hate it when people are down right nasty in name calling.  I agree, she can be annoying.

Whoopi rocks.  I loved the American Airlines rant.

I liked Brooke as a co-host.  Another one I like is Megan McCain.  And, I agree any day without Babs is a good day for me :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 3:15 pm

Bash away...I just hate it when people are down right nasty in name calling.  I agree, she can be annoying.

Whoopi rocks.  I loved the American Airlines rant.

I liked Brooke as a co-host.  Another one I like is Megan McCain.  And, I agree any day without Babs is a good day for me :D

sadly Wed. Whoopi got snowed in and Babs was in her seat....  >:(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/10 at 3:19 pm

I missed Wednesday, I was getting my license renewed.  I heard it was pretty bad.  I have noticed that when Liz feels she is not being heard she gets screechy.  I hear it was pretty bad.  I think sometimes Joy eggs her on, too.  I think Joy loves to see Elisabeth all freaked out.

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 3:26 pm

I missed Wednesday, I was getting my license renewed.  I heard it was pretty bad.  I have noticed that when Liz feels she is not being heard she gets screechy.  I hear it was pretty bad.  I think sometimes Joy eggs her on, too.  I think Joy loves to see Elisabeth all freaked out.

yeah they just did this riff on the press secretary or who ever that guy is who made fun of Palin writing on her hand Elisabeth took it personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJZBLBEhhRY

Written By: Dagwood on 02/13/10 at 3:45 pm

She did need to get a sense of humor about that situation.  Not biggie..people need to laugh.

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 4:00 pm

She did need to get a sense of humor about that situation.  Not biggie..people need to laugh.

exactly... and if Palin can dish the jabs then her supporters shouldn't get so defensive when the jabs are tossed back at her...

god I hope Tina Fey opens SNL when it returns!

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 5:07 pm

Friday's ep they showed gift ideas for Valentine's day.. I went and checked out ecreamery and  "created" my favorite flavor of ice cream.. pistachio almond....

I named it snozberries... cuz why wouldn't I?  ;D

a 4 pint container of ice cream I can find in the store that has special packaging and is named after me would cost me $55  ::)

Those flowers were gorgeous.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/10 at 5:13 pm

yeah they just did this riff on the press secretary or who ever that guy is who made fun of Palin writing on her hand Elisabeth took it personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJZBLBEhhRY

AAAUUUGGGHHHH I so want to watch this but my internet connection is not letting me. It starts, it stops, it starts, it stops. Frustrating. Man, I can't wait to get home. Even though this laptop is much better than my desktop, I do miss my cable connection.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 5:39 pm

AAAUUUGGGHHHH I so want to watch this but my internet connection is not letting me. It starts, it stops, it starts, it stops. Frustrating. Man, I can't wait to get home. Even though this laptop is much better than my desktop, I do miss my cable connection.

Cat

I understand... sometimes I will just pause the thing I want to watch until it fully buffers (I have to walk away from the computer tho because the waiting kills me...) then I come back later and hit play. I used to have to do that watching anything on Hulu.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/10 at 5:41 pm

I understand... sometimes I will just pause the thing I want to watch until it fully buffers (I have to walk away from the computer tho because the waiting kills me...) then I come back later and hit play. I used to have to do that watching anything on Hulu.

I was finally able to watch it. I guess I'm not that patient tonight.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 5:47 pm

I was finally able to watch it. I guess I'm not that patient tonight.

Cat

;D

Written By: whistledog on 02/13/10 at 7:56 pm

Elisabeth Hasselbeck can get annoying, but she is hot.  I wish The View and Live with Regis and Kelly would combine their shows one day so Kelly and Elisabeth could have a mud wrestling match ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/13/10 at 7:59 pm

Elisabeth Hasselbeck can get annoying, but she is hot.  I wish The View and Live with Regis and Kelly would combine their shows one day so Kelly and Elisabeth could have a mud wrestling match ;D

Regis would have another heart attack  :o

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/14/10 at 12:07 am

If they put Angela Davis up there, I'd watch!  I'd Tivo!
:)

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:41 am

that would be interesting... I bet she'd make mincemeat of Elisabeth and Sherri.  Watching her Whoopi and Joy would be good tho.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:42 am

I wish Palin had the guts to do the show....  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/10 at 8:38 am

She would think that they studied the Katie Couric gotcha questions, like "What newspapers do you read?" I'm sure the women on the View would have even harder questions like, "What is the capital of New York?" She would have to know the questions before so she could write the answers down on her hand.

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/15/10 at 9:01 am

My guess is that The View ladies would not ask Angela about her time on the lam when she was on the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, or why she bought the guns that her buddies used to murder a California judge back in '70. (Despite the fact that she bought the weapons 2 days before the seige on his courtroom, and the considerable circumstance that she went on the lam, she was nevertheless acquitted).

She did have an awesome 'fro back in the day, probably the best one I've ever seen with the possible exception of the one that Clarence Williams III used to sport in "The Mod Squad".

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/15/10 at 11:02 am

Anyone, but her!

;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/10 at 11:50 am

Anyone, but her!

;D

Why? She is so entertaining. You never know what to expect from her-not being able to answer a simple question or read what notes she wrote on her hand.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:15 pm

She would think that they studied the Katie Couric gotcha questions, like "What newspapers do you read?" I'm sure the women on the View would have even harder questions like, "What is the capital of New York?" She would have to know the questions before so she could write the answers down on her hand.

Cat

;D

knowing Joy - she would submit a question then when they were live she'd ask a different question- similar enough to the one she submitted so that if palin gave her prepared answer it would make her sound stupid because it didn't really answer the question asked  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:18 pm

My guess is that The View ladies would not ask Angela about her time on the lam when she was on the Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list, or why she bought the guns that her buddies used to murder a California judge back in '70. (Despite the fact that she bought the weapons 2 days before the seige on his courtroom, and the considerable circumstance that she went on the lam, she was nevertheless acquitted).

She did have an awesome 'fro back in the day, probably the best one I've ever seen with the possible exception of the one that Clarence Williams III used to sport in "The Mod Squad".

My guess is they could... they have posed some pretty tough questions... My favorite was when John McCain was on and he mentioned wanting to get back to the constitution (as it was written) or somethign like that... and whoopi asked if she should be worried about the return of slavery  ;D

Its been soft lately- we need some controversy

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 3:18 pm

Anyone, but her!

;D

oh come on... tell me joy peeling palin apart doesn't sound like must see tv!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 10:26 pm

Yesterday's ep with the a-holes from Jersey Shore.... why didn't Joy just say what she was thinking at the moment she was thinking instead of saying it today  ::) 

and why won't people just say what the real issue is.  These people go on tv and act like idiots with no regard for the consequences of their actions and are rewarded for it...  I mean what are they going to think about this show when they are 40? How do they explain their antics to their kids later on?  Its ridiculous that that this is entertainment... no its ridiculous that this is popular entertainment.  Its exactly the kind of reality TV I don't like....sorry if you enjoy the Dag.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 10:27 pm

How annoying was the Octomom today? That laugh was obnoxious... and she spent more time talking about not answering the questions (or getting back to answering questions) than actually answering any questions... what a waste of two segments.    ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/24/10 at 11:07 pm

...sorry if you enjoy the Dag.  ;)

Not me...I am more into the competition shows, Amazing Race, American Idol, Survivor, etc.  (then there is the occasional Bachelor/Bachelorette that are just fun to watch and make fun of ;) )  That show looks repulsive to me and so do the stars.  Not something I want to watch at all. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 11:08 pm

Not me...I am more into the competition shows, Amazing Race, American Idol, Survivor, etc.  (then there is the occasional Bachelor/Bachelorette that are just fun to watch and make fun of ;) )  That show looks repulsive to me and so do the stars.  Not something I want to watch at all. 

That's why I like you!  ;)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/24/10 at 11:09 pm

That's why I like you!  ;)

8)

Written By: snozberries on 02/24/10 at 11:12 pm

yeah its one thing when I was watching that show about bitcy teens (Queen Bees) and the one on ABC (True Beauty) about the pretty people with the ugly insides (True Beauty) cuz that show was meant to expose the darkness and illuminate it so the people could see how awful they are...  not celebrate their toolness. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/10 at 12:49 pm

On today's ep they talked about the kid who talked to the control tower on a Jet Blue flight...

I don't see what the big deal was...it wasn't like dad (I assume) would let the kid fly the plane... the kid was getting approval for departure- all he did was talk over the radio and gave the orders his dad told him to say... I thought it was cute... Pretty sure (unless dad's a complete moron) the kid was seated and buckled down by the time the plane actually started moving....

and I'm pretty sure the pilot had to get clearance from someone to allow his kid to do that.

Same thing if there were a kid on the plane who wanted to be a pilot (back before 9/11 they probably let the kids see the cock pit and say something on the radio before getting wings and being seated.  People get aggro over the lamest shyt.

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/10 at 1:27 pm

oh and Barbara is just out of control....

Friday she challenged the Publicist who said she would advise her clients to get out in front of the rumors... they spent so much time arguing the point that woman ran out of time before finishing....we know you think Tiger was right in not doing interviews...this woman is talking about from a publicists perspective...get to the reporters and try to find a positive spin before the whole thing spirals out of your control.

then there was something she did on Monday that annoyed me... I remembered it when I started typing but lost it in my rant ^

on today's show when Lisa Kudrow was giving the backgrounds (which weren't very interesting anyway) all Barbara had do was say oh... or yes that's right but no...she has to say "all that was in my book" so not only dd she plug audition yet again- she was rude to her guest. What's up with that!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/04/10 at 11:54 pm

When they make Joan Jett a panelist, I'll watch it!
8)

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/10 at 11:50 am

Barbara Walters on Thursday:

I was on Howard Stern....I got off easy

;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/10 at 11:55 am

B Walters also on Thursday to Mia wasilkowska (who chopped off most of her hair )

I loved you on In Treatment; although I wouldn't recognize you with the short hair...

Apparently you wouldn't recognize her with long hair either cuz you just told Abigail Breslin ten minutes ago how much you loved her in In Treatment.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/10 at 6:06 pm

watching Monday's View... jess Simpsons upper lip doesn't seem to be moving  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/10 at 6:15 pm

apparently (according to J. Simpson) being called a fat cow in Uganda is complimentary... the women go into a hut to gain weight before marriage because fat is desirable...

Holy schnikes! In Uganda I'm a god damn beauty queen!!!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...