inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amazing Race 16

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/10 at 12:14 am

Anyone else watching? 

I am thinking they had to have cast a bunch of boneheads on purpose.  I mean, there were a lot of plain bonehead mistakes made.  Father/daughter painting the wrong house, and the inside at that.  Then they cast Miss Teen South Carolina...you know, the "The Iraq and such as" girl.  And Jordan from Big Brother.  I love Big Brother but can't stand Jeff and Jordan.  I would love to see them go soon.

Subject: Re: Amazing Race 16

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:21 am

The TV season is starting to pick up... Survivor on Thursday and now the return of the Amazing Race.

Two "celebrity" teams this year... well I guess 1 & 1/2 

Jeff and Jordan from Big Brother.  I never watched Big Brother past the first half of the first season so I don't know them but I have seen the clip of Jordan telling Jeff that she doesn't know what it means when people say a quarter til the hour... THANKS JOEL MCHALE  8)

Caite (Miss Teen North Carolina) & Brent I have made a lot of fun of Caite on these boards. Posting her infamous "Soma Americans can't afford maps and can't find countries such as the Iraq"  she didn't disappoint- asking for tickets to China when everyone else was going to Chile

Then again both women have some competition for dumbest player of the season the Cowboys, Jet and Cord bought Brazilian money to spend in Chile.... um yeah cuz all money in South America is the same.  ::)

The next quasi-famous person this season is Steve he's running the race with his daughter Allie. I have no idea who he is but he was the pitching coach for the World Series winning Phillies... so some people may know who he is.

Monique and Shawne  lawyers who seem to think they are the first mothers ever to grace the Amazing Race... and perhaps the planet... they talk about being mom's like its something not just anyone can do... I mean not everyone can be a great mom but these women aren't calling themselves great moms.. just moms--- as if that title applies to one in a billion people... Um ladies... its generally harder to become a lawyer than a mom.  ::)

Louie & Michael... the not so undercover detectives.... You know me... I love cops but I think being on a national TV show might just blow your cover. I mean even crack heads and gang bangers watch tv.  ::)

Dan & Jordan... the brothers... one is gay the other is in denial  ;) 

Joe & Heidi a married couple... I don't remember any significant detail about them other than they are the asian couple and he claims he can get into people's faces if he needs to... or something. I have no opinion of them positive or negative yet...

Jody and Shannon... Grandma made me want to get out of my chair and start running... I didn't do it but I thought about it  :D  granny is 71 and she runs TRI-athlons with her granddaughter shannon... YOU GO GRANDMA!!!  8)

Carol and Brandy... the Diva Lesbians... I really want to use that derogatory term cuz it would go so well with Diva... but I won't... but if I had used it I would've meant it in the totally cool way not the hateful way... anyway... the ladies are kind of annoying what with there complaining about conditions and comparing everything to the swanky stuff they like to do... I can take one or two digs about how you're not used to doing XY&Z but I don't want to hear it the whole episode...  so you don't do public transportation, you want a tasking seeking out Louis Vatton, the color of paint you chose was not just seafoam green but Martha Stewart Sea foam green........ before jail (okay that last one was funny)  ;D

Dana & Adrianne.... High school sweethearts... married 17 years or so... broke because he invested their life savings into a business that failed...  I feel bad for them and she is very supportive.. I like that- but she needs to learn now that he makes bad decisions and maybe she should be in charge for a while...

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:22 am

Anyone else watching? 

I am thinking they had to have cast a bunch of boneheads on purpose.  I mean, there were a lot of plain bonehead mistakes made.  Father/daughter painting the wrong house, and the inside at that.  Then they cast Miss Teen South Carolina...you know, the "The Iraq and such as" girl.  And Jordan from Big Brother.  I love Big Brother but can't stand Jeff and Jordan.  I would love to see them go soon.

damn Dag... I was creating my thread as you posted yours!  ;D

Tam'll merge them for us I bet... 

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:26 am

so the highlight of the ep tonight for me... Steve and Allie actually trying to paint someone's interior, because they thought that was the challenge  ;D  to be fair the paint was the same color and there was a portion of the wall undone but still  :D 

back to Dana and Adrienne... first bad decision he made was to attempt the rope walk... second was to not do what the brother did and drag his ass to the other side without walking across... I bet, if they watched tonight, that he saw the brother do that and is kicking himself now...
third was to let the safety guy take him back... granted it goes in tandem with number two but it was a bad decision because he was halfway across and then had to start at the beginning meaning he had to do cover twice as much distance than he did when he initially fell.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/15/10 at 12:28 am

I'm watching!  

I couldn't believe Miss Teen SC was on!  She's actually smarter than that Jordan girl though.  Go figure.  I've never watched Big Brother, so I don't have any sort of frame of reference for those two, but I did LMAO when she ran up to the airline desk asking for a ticket to China.   ;D

I like most of the teams so far.  No one is majorly getting on my nerves...yet.  That will change in the next couple of weeks though, I'm sure!   ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:43 am

thanks to Tam or bobo or whoever did it!

Written By: Tam on 02/15/10 at 12:49 am

damn Dag... I was creating my thread as you posted yours!  ;D

Done! 8)

I am actually watching The Amazing Race for the first time ever, only because of Jeff and Jordan! I loved them both in BB and cheered for them to get together! I love them!

So far it looks like a good show. I am definitely going to try and keep up with this. ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 12:59 am

Done! 8)

I am actually watching The Amazing Race for the first time ever, only because of Jeff and Jordan! I loved them both in BB and cheered for them to get together! I love them!

So far it looks like a good show. I am definitely going to try and keep up with this. ;)

the first season is avail on DVD... and the game show network (or some network) reruns old eps as well.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/10 at 8:39 am

asking for tickets to China when everyone else was going to Chile

Actually that was Jordan that asked for the ticket to Chile.  I know...two dumb blondes are sometimes hard to distinguish. ;D  I think Caite will prove entertaining, though.  You just know she is going to flip out on Jordon (gay brother) if he doesn't lay off her being that pageant idiot.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/15/10 at 8:41 am

so the highlight of the ep tonight for me... Steve and Allie actually trying to paint someone's interior, because they thought that was the challenge  ;D  to be fair the paint was the same color and there was a portion of the wall undone but still  :D 

What was even better was the worker clueless as to why they were there then saying they did a bad job. ;D

Yay, Tam!  Welcome to the Amazing Race!  It is one of the best shows out there.  I am sure you will be hooked by the end of the season.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 2:43 pm

Actually that was Jordan that asked for the ticket to Chile.  I know...two dumb blondes are sometimes hard to distinguish. ;D  I think Caite will prove entertaining, though.  You just know she is going to flip out on Jordon (gay brother) if he doesn't lay off her being that pageant idiot.

oops... yeah it takes me a while to distinguish between people who look similar  ;D

and yeah... I'm hoping Caite does go off on him cuz I love conflict. But I'm not entirely convinced she actually heard him... I believe it was a sly editing trick that made it look like she did.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/10 at 2:45 pm

What was even better was the worker clueless as to why they were there then saying they did a bad job. ;D

Yay, Tam!  Welcome to the Amazing Race!  It is one of the best shows out there.  I am sure you will be hooked by the end of the season.

oh yeah... those poor workers how the hell do you fix a bad paint job... when the paint is red!  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/15/10 at 4:06 pm

oh yeah... those poor workers how the hell do you fix a bad paint job... when the paint is red!  ;D

That bit was funny.

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/10 at 8:29 pm

OMG... Jordan (big bro) makes Caite (Miss Teen USA) look like a freakin' genius....  ::)  San Jose; H-O-S-E

I really wanted to (and the producers did as well I presume) really really wanted to see Caite and Jordan do the road block... I bet neither of them knew that there are 13 eggs in a bakers doz. 

I'm waiting for karma to bite the cowboys in the butt... and I'm convinced the heterosexual brother is in denial... and I wonder if Grandma's other grandchildren resent  her since she practically called the one in the race her favorite.... what a sweet old lady tho... too bad that cow kicked her in the head.  :(

Written By: Dagwood on 02/21/10 at 9:23 pm

Jordan is a dunce, isn't she? ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/10 at 9:32 pm

Jordan is a dunce, isn't she? ;D

I tell ya!  ;D

Written By: Tam on 02/21/10 at 9:42 pm

Gah! I missed it tonight. I was out enjoying quality time with some friends...

Written By: snozberries on 02/21/10 at 9:52 pm

Gah! I missed it tonight. I was out enjoying quality time with some friends...

CBS tomorrow... probably.

Written By: Tam on 02/21/10 at 10:14 pm

Thanks Girl - I will look for it for sure!

Written By: karen on 02/22/10 at 7:59 am

OMG... Jordan (big bro) makes Caite (Miss Teen USA) look like a freakin' genius....  ::)   San Jose; H-O-S-E

I laughed out loud at that one.

I really wanted to (and the producers did as well I presume) really really wanted to see Caite and Jordan do the road block... I bet neither of them knew that there are 13 eggs in a bakers doz. 

And I was waiting for someone to trip up over that one.

and I wonder if Grandma's other grandchildren resent  her since she practically called the one in the race her favorite.... what a sweet old lady tho... too bad that cow kicked her in the head.  :(

My thoughts exactly.  I loved her attitude in the earlier part of the show though.  She knew they would go home at some point so she was just out to enjoy herself and see all the sights.

I missed the very beginning of the show so didn't see why/how they were on different buses leaving at different times.

Written By: Tam on 02/22/10 at 10:27 am

Nope - but I can catch it online so I am a happy Girl! ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/22/10 at 10:57 am

Snoz tried to explain it to me last night, but I still don't understand what the cowboys did with the buses. 

Anyway, I like them.  I think they're funny.  And smarter than I had earlier given them credit for.

I was sad that granny went home.  She was great, and very inspirational.

Everyone else is just sorta meh so far.  I'm not loving or hating anyone.  Yet.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/22/10 at 5:41 pm

Snoz tried to explain it to me last night, but I still don't understand what the cowboys did with the buses. 

What I got out of it was they didn't take a non-stop bus, the went through another terminal and theirs arrived earlier.  Everyone else, but Jeff/Jordan and Caite/whosit, had to leave later.  I think Joe and whatsherface did the same thing.  Those four teams arrived first which cracked me up since the lesbian couple were so sure they were first. ;D Yeah, they get on my last nerve.  (and I haven't figured out names yet, can ya tell? :D ) 

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/10 at 6:26 pm

What I got out of it was they didn't take a non-stop bus, the went through another terminal and theirs arrived earlier.  Everyone else, but Jeff/Jordan and Caite/whosit, had to leave later.  I think Joe and whatsherface did the same thing.  Those four teams arrived first which cracked me up since the lesbian couple were so sure they were first. ;D Yeah, they get on my last nerve.  (and I haven't figured out names yet, can ya tell? :D ) 

its better for me if you don't use names  ;D 

anyway-  For Karen-

The teams all had to arrive at this one place via bus.  When they got to the bus station they all went to the same bus line and the lesbians & the asian married couple formed an alliance... one of the couples was first in line, then the cops,  then the other aligned couple but the aligned couple in position three said the others were saving our space and moved up to position two (pissing off the cops).  The asian couple and the lesbians got the last four spots for a bus that was to arrive at "first".  The other teams (except for Big Brother, Miss Teen USA, Cowboys and Team Grandma) all got on the bus that arrived "second" about 45 minutes or so after bus number one.

The teams that didn't get on bus number two decided to find other buses that went thru different towns...
Team Grandma took a bus by themselves and it arrived way later than bus "two"
Teams Big Brother and Miss Teen USA took the same bus as the Cowboys but the cowboys had a different transfer bus than other two teams.

Turns out TEAMS BB & MTU had a bus that left at 630 but it was leaving from a different bus station.
Team Cowboy had a bus ticket for a 7pm bus that was leaving from the station the three teams were at.
Team cowboy ran to a window to try and get on the 630 bus- it was 610 and they found out that the two teams were at the wrong station

FOR ASH...

the reason I say karma should bite the Cowboys is because:
1) the cowboys knew the other teams were at the wrong station
2) they knew there was no way for them to catch their bus
3) they were laughing and hiding from the other teams knowing they were going to miss both buses
4) they knew their bus was going to arrive way before the other buses so they could've raised their karma... and worked a possible threeway alliance with the teams by helping them out....

again- Im not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing but it seems to me- in the game of Amazing Race- over the last few seasons karma is usally a big part of the game but maybe not this season.

hope that covers it. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/10 at 6:30 pm

Anyway, I like them.  I think they're funny.  And smarter than I had earlier given them credit for.

I was sad that granny went home.  She was great, and very inspirational.

Everyone else is just sorta meh so far.  I'm not loving or hating anyone.  Yet.

I agree I liked her attitude.  and I have no favorites yet either.... 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/23/10 at 10:38 pm

its better for me if you don't use names  ;D 

anyway-  For Karen-

The teams all had to arrive at this one place via bus.   When they got to the bus station they all went to the same bus line and the lesbians & the asian married couple formed an alliance... one of the couples was first in line, then the cops,  then the other aligned couple but the aligned couple in position three said the others were saving our space and moved up to position two (pissing off the cops).  The asian couple and the lesbians got the last four spots for a bus that was to arrive at "first".   The other teams (except for Big Brother, Miss Teen USA, Cowboys and Team Grandma) all got on the bus that arrived "second" about 45 minutes or so after bus number one.

The teams that didn't get on bus number two decided to find other buses that went thru different towns...
Team Grandma took a bus by themselves and it arrived way later than bus "two"
Teams Big Brother and Miss Teen USA took the same bus as the Cowboys but the cowboys had a different transfer bus than other two teams.

Turns out TEAMS BB & MTU had a bus that left at 630 but it was leaving from a different bus station.
Team Cowboy had a bus ticket for a 7pm bus that was leaving from the station the three teams were at.
Team cowboy ran to a window to try and get on the 630 bus- it was 610 and they found out that the two teams were at the wrong station

FOR ASH...

the reason I say karma should bite the Cowboys is because:
1) the cowboys knew the other teams were at the wrong station
2) they knew there was no way for them to catch their bus
3) they were laughing and hiding from the other teams knowing they were going to miss both buses
4) they knew their bus was going to arrive way before the other buses so they could've raised their karma... and worked a possible threeway alliance with the teams by helping them out....

again- Im not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing but it seems to me- in the game of Amazing Race- over the last few seasons karma is usally a big part of the game but maybe not this season.

hope that covers it. 

Ok.

Somehow I missed all that.

I totally agree that karma plays a huge role in it.  It seems like the shadier people are, the quicker they are to screw themselves in the end.  They totally could have done the right thing and helped those other teams out.  Though I can't say I would have.  Hate to admit that, but it's true.  I totally see what you're saying now.  Karma always wins out in the end.  A very important lesson to keep in mind.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/10 at 10:46 pm

Ok.

Somehow I missed all that.

I totally agree that karma plays a huge role in it.  It seems like the shadier people are, the quicker they are to screw themselves in the end.  They totally could have done the right thing and helped those other teams out.  Though I can't say I would have.  Hate to admit that, but it's true.  I totally see what you're saying now.  Karma always wins out in the end.  A very important lesson to keep in mind.

had it been closer to the end of the race I know I wouldn't have... but they knew they were arriving an hour before the other teams... so they weren't going to be last... it would've been the right thing to do.. .plus imagine how much more pissed off the lesbians would've been when they found out that 3 teams were ahead of them LOL!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/23/10 at 11:05 pm

had it been closer to the end of the race I know I wouldn't have... but they knew they were arriving an hour before the other teams... so they weren't going to be last... it would've been the right thing to do.. .plus imagine how much more pissed off the lesbians would've been when they found out that 3 teams were ahead of them LOL!

Yeah, those two (the lesbians) are starting to get on my nerves now that I think about it.  At first glance, I thought I was really going to like them, but boy, first impressions can sure be wrong!  DIVAS!

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/10 at 11:07 pm

Yeah, those two (the lesbians) are starting to get on my nerves now that I think about it.  At first glance, I thought I was really going to like them, but boy, first impressions can sure be wrong!  DIVAS!

whaddya mean starting to? They started getting on my nerves during their introduction! lol... I need them out next week!    I felt the same way... see how stereotypes can backfire? They totally looked likable!  LOL.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/02/10 at 12:20 pm

Has anyone watched Sunday's episode yet?  I'm loving me some cowboys.  I'm sorry Snoz, but I think they're adorable and they really make me laugh. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/10 at 3:35 pm

Has anyone watched Sunday's episode yet?  I'm loving me some cowboys.  I'm sorry Snoz, but I think they're adorable and they really make me laugh. 

that's okay I figured karma got them at the poker table but then they just ran right over the other teams... I laughed so hard when the one was trying to coax a horse out to practice polo  ;D 

I knew the lawyers were gone in the first three minutes of the show... the way they cut in that comment about her just wantiing her son to be proud (that was so obviously an exit statement) so BOO to the editors for giving away the ending at the beginning....they sort of did the same thing too with Granny... hopefully they don't give it way this week.

I still don't have a team... I don't really hate anyone but the lesbians but I'm not really excited about anyone either. 

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/10 at 3:36 pm

I still don't have a team... I don't really hate anyone but the lesbians but I'm not really excited about anyone either. 

That just sounds wrong....  ;D  to clarify... I don't hate lesbians... I just hate the team on the amazing race who happen to be lesbians... even if they were straight and siblings or BFFs or something I would still hate them  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/02/10 at 5:55 pm

They were great Sunday, weren't they?  I just wish the lesbians had gone...they are grating on my last nerve

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/04/10 at 6:45 pm

That just sounds wrong....  ;D   to clarify... I don't hate lesbians... I just hate the team on the amazing race who happen to be lesbians... even if they were straight and siblings or BFFs or something I would still hate them  :D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/04/10 at 6:46 pm

It turns out the brunette lesbian is my friend's cousin.  And he said that she was a model for most of her life and is actually bi-sexual.  I thought that was kind of interesting.

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/10 at 7:14 pm

It turns out the brunette lesbian is my friend's cousin.  And he said that she was a model for most of her life and is actually bi-sexual.  I thought that was kind of interesting.

that is interesting... Bet they break up after the race! the other one is the horrible one!

Written By: snozberries on 03/08/10 at 7:15 pm

good ep tonight and dang it if Ash's stupid cowboys aren't growing on me too!  >:(  ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/08/10 at 10:50 pm

I am caught up!!
I was almost losing it because I thought for sure Jordan and Jeff were goners! But of course I am completely excited again because it was a no elimination leg! w00t!!!

I will say that I love the Cowboys - although I was originally calling them "Team Brokeback" which I obviously need to change! ;D
The lesbians are on my last nerve as well, but not as bad as the models! They are stupid and annoying and I just can't stand them!!!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 2:13 pm

Yeah, the models were bugging me too.  Catie (is that how you spell it?) is such a baby!  Is she going to get hurt or sick on every single episode?  And her boyfriend is just lame.  Lame lame lame.

I am really liking the father/daughter team too.  I never realized how pretty the daughter was until last night.  And the dad was funny when he was drinking the beer.

I also really liked the cops too.  Great teamwork!

And yes, I still love my cowboys.  They are just cute and funny!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 2:14 pm

good ep tonight and dang it if Ash's stupid cowboys aren't growing on me too!  >:(   ;)

:D  I didn't want to love them either girl, but sometimes you just can't help it...

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/10 at 10:28 pm

Great Great Ep tonight!!!  ;D 

between most teams getting lost.... Caite and Brent & Jeff and Jordan breaking their champagne glass towers!  and Jordan thinking Joan of Arc is the French Noah (as in Noah's Ark)  ;D 

I can't remember a time being more entertained!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/21/10 at 11:23 pm

It was a great episode.  I hope they paid that poor lady that had to keep directing them to the correct location in the other city. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/10 at 12:46 am

It was a great episode.  I hope they paid that poor lady that had to keep directing them to the correct location in the other city. ;D

good observation... that lady had to work harder that day than most days probably  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/22/10 at 6:19 pm

I was sooooo annoyed with Caite.  Man, she's ridiculous. 

You know what I always wonder when I watch the show?  Do you think that each team is assigned a camera person that stays with them the entire race, or do you think the camera people switch off?  Because I always wonder what the camera people are thinking.  Do you remember that episode when the older couple from New Mexico kept running back and forth past the clue box on some big bridge, and the camera person just kept zooming onto the box every single time they ran past it?  It was SO FUNNY.  And of course they can't say anything.  But you know they are just like "IDIOT!"  So I just wonder, do the camera people fight over who has to be with stupid Caite and her boyfriend that day, or does some poor sap get stuck with them for the entire race?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/22/10 at 7:03 pm

I bet some poor sucker gets stuck with them the entire race.  Caite was quite annoying last night, wasn't she.  I loved her boyfriend saying they would have been done sooner but she would have shreded his ears by then. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/10 at 9:07 pm

Each team has a camera person with them.... don't know if its the same one for the entire race or if they switch off at the pit stops...

There is probably a remote camera set up at the clue boxes or at the very least at each challenge to capture additional footage... you can be sure tho there is a producer or director in a van near every pivital stop (clue boxes and challenges) yelling in the camera people's ear "the clue box is on the right shoot it while the idiots walk past it again!"

I think it would be fascinating for me to participate- in some capacity-  in every reality show I watch because I'd love to get a look at the behind the scenes stuff... perhaps I should try to intern for these shows... damn I wish I could afford to work for free!

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/10 at 9:12 pm

WOW! What an intense race!!!! Thank god it was a non-elimination round...

God Brent and Caite are annoyingly stupid... and just plain annoying.

I predict both Brett and Caite (can't remember if its brent or brett so I went with both in this post  ;D  I think its brett tho...

anyway I predict they and the lesbians dissolve the relationship when they return home...  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/10 at 5:45 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

I really loved this last episode.  I can't believe how many people had to go back for their damn coconuts!

I would have picked the turtle one, and then I would have freaked out after I got banana all over my clothes.  I love bananas, but there is something about them that really grosses me out.  I couldn't handle it when that girl was covered in banana.  The first thing I would have done when I jumped in the ocean was try and wash off.

Do you think they will get their backpacks back?  I am horrified for them! 

I was also really sad when the cowboys almost got eliminated, but it would have been their own dumbass faults for leaving the wine bottle on the boat.  So I wouldn't have been THAT sad.  It's worse when it is something that is out of the team's control as opposed to something like that.

LASTLY:  http://www.necn.com/03/10/10/Amazing-Race-police-officer-under-invest/landing.html?blockID=195000&feedID=4215 

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/10 at 9:43 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

I really loved this last episode.  I can't believe how many people had to go back for their damn coconuts!

I would have picked the turtle one, and then I would have freaked out after I got banana all over my clothes.  I love bananas, but there is something about them that really grosses me out.  I couldn't handle it when that girl was covered in banana.  The first thing I would have done when I jumped in the ocean was try and wash off.

Do you think they will get their backpacks back?  I am horrified for them!  

I was also really sad when the cowboys almost got eliminated, but it would have been their own dumbass faults for leaving the wine bottle on the boat.  So I wouldn't have been THAT sad.  It's worse when it is something that is out of the team's control as opposed to something like that.

LASTLY:  http://www.necn.com/03/10/10/Amazing-Race-police-officer-under-invest/landing.html?blockID=195000&feedID=4215  

duh...every post in this thread is a spoiler alert if you haven't seen the ep yet!  ;D

I agree I loved the ep!!!   I wonder if they will be able to go back and get their backpacks... my guess is no...remember a few seasons ago when AR had the non-elimination round and the teams lost all their money, started with no money and could only leave with the clothes on their backs?  teams would beg people for articles of clothing...and beg natives for money.... that's what it'll be like for Steve and Allie....probably.

Interesting story Ash... thanks for the link

Written By: snozberries on 04/05/10 at 11:20 am

Another good race!  Seems to me tho...if the ceremony was supposed to ward off bad luck then Allie and Steve shouldn't have been eliminated.
They could've had two non eliminations in a row....

I love that the brother was dropping the F bomb in the buddist temple!  ;D

I love that the cowboys not only came in first but that they kicked ass doing it...

I think Allie could've done that challenge cuz it wasn't about strength but balance... it was physics really... she just didn't try hard enough... but then again... maybe her scrawny ass couldn't do it... ;D

oh and I kept wondering... I recognize those incense thingies were probably heavy but why not carry the two the way they did and then load a couple up across the two.....so it looked like #  you know... it would've saved a trip or two.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/06/10 at 11:35 pm

Go Cowboys!  Yee Haw!

That girl didn't try hard enough on the flag task.  Had she given it a decent effort, they wouldn't have gone home, so I wasn't that sad.  Mostly annoyed.

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/10 at 7:11 pm

warning to the east coast peeps.... Race started about 15 mins late so you may have missed the ending on your DVR...if you record undercover boss too then you'll have the ending of race but not UB....

FYI!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/11/10 at 10:58 pm

warning to the east coast peeps.... Race started about 15 mins late so you may have missed the ending on your DVR...if you record undercover boss too then you'll have the ending of race but not UB....

FYI!

I texted you a line from the race - did you get it?  When they are on the sleeping train, and Louie says "what happens if you fot?"  I'm sure he meant to say "fart" but with his thick accent, he pronounces it "fot."  ;D

And am I the only one with a huge crush on Allan Wu - the host of the Amazing Race Asia.  He is hot! 

I thought it was awesome that Caitie and Brent U turned Carol and Brandy.  Carol and Brandy are mean people.  Plain and simple.  Brandy is constantly bitching about something, and they treat their cab drivers badly, which really bugs me.  So I thought it was pretty funny when they got U turned.  They were so mad!  Ha ha!

It was a great episode!

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/10 at 10:59 pm

I texted you a line from the race - did you get it?  When they are on the sleeping train, and Louie says "what happens if you fot?"  I'm sure he meant to say "fart" but with his thick accent, he pronounces it "fot."   ;D

And am I the only one with a huge crush on Allan Wu - the host of the Amazing Race Asia.  He is hot! 

I thought it was awesome that Caitie and Brent U turned Carol and Brandy.  Carol and Brandy are mean people.  Plain and simple.  Brandy is constantly bitching about something, and they treat their cab drivers badly, which really bugs me.  So I thought it was pretty funny when they got U turned.  They were so mad!  Ha ha!

It was a great episode!

sorry phone was in the other room....hold on looking for it now!

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/10 at 11:08 pm

sorry phone was in the other room....hold on looking for it now!

HA HA!!!! Too funny!!!!

yeah I have to admit- U-turning Brandy and Carol is the smartest thing those two have done this whole race.... granted the bitches have a point- they aren't much of a threat....but they are so annoying and purely, purely evil... I wonder, if they watch the eps, if they have learned something about themselves.  I also wonder if their relationship survived? cuz really I wouldn't want to be with someone who talked so badly to me... even if it is mutual.

When I saw the title "Dumb Did Us In" I was afraid the Cowboys were going home because I can totally hear them saying a line like that. I could also hear the cops saying it- but mostly I was hearing the cowboys whenever I read it... 

I don't know if I could've done that fast forward! I have a fear of heights... its not crippling or anything- had it been a plank they walked across I could've done it but the "ladder" path would've been too much for me.  Having said that tho... I totally would've done the Zip Line!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/11/10 at 11:11 pm

oh I totally forgot... I had no clue that there's an Asian Amazing Race... I want to watch it!  And yeah I like this Aaron Wu (Hoo)... too...  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 04/12/10 at 1:28 am

I was so glad to see Carol and Brandy go.  They proved with their words why Brett and Caite u-turned them.  They were not nice people and sometimes it will bite you in the ass and that is what happened here.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing any of the final four win, but I am rooting for the cowboys.

And there is no way in hell I would have done that fast forward.  Hell, you would have had to have sedated me to even get me on the thing in the first place.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/10 at 4:05 pm

When I saw the title "Dumb Did Us In" I was afraid the Cowboys were going home because I can totally hear them saying a line like that. I could also hear the cops saying it- but mostly I was hearing the cowboys whenever I read it... 

Get OUT of my head!!!  ;)

Who laughed out loud when Caite fell down at the beginning of the episode?  We rewound it like, 5 times.  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/12/10 at 4:06 pm

Get OUT of my head!!!  ;)

Who laughed out loud when Caite fell down at the beginning of the episode?  We rewound it like, 5 times.   ;D ;D ;D

NYCE!!!! Yeah I busted a gut.....two even!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/12/10 at 4:14 pm

NYCE!!!! Yeah I busted a gut.....two even!  ;D

Nothing in this world is better than when someone falls down.

Not even ice cream wrapped in white bread.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/13/10 at 11:19 pm

So, the district I work for is doing an Amazing Race for the students, and they've invited a few teams of teachers and administration to join, and guess who got asked?!?  Yep!  My boss is trying to set up a team right now.  We will race in groups of 4 all around the valley.  We will have GPS's and different clues, and each task involves a core subject in our curriculum.  I really hope we can work it out because it sounds SO FUN!

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/10 at 11:56 pm

So, the district I work for is doing an Amazing Race for the students, and they've invited a few teams of teachers and administration to join, and guess who got asked?!?  Yep!  My boss is trying to set up a team right now.  We will race in groups of 4 all around the valley.  We will have GPS's and different clues, and each task involves a core subject in our curriculum.  I really hope we can work it out because it sounds SO FUN!

That sounds AMAZING!!!!  I'm a little jealous!

Written By: karen on 05/09/10 at 7:52 pm

woohoo they won!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/09/10 at 8:19 pm

No woohoo here.  I wanted the Cowboys to win, dangit.

Written By: karen on 05/09/10 at 8:51 pm

When I posted that I had no idea who had won!  I am in another room but can hear the tv, so I knew the race had just finished.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/09/10 at 10:23 pm

When I posted that I had no idea who had won!  I am in another room but can hear the tv, so I knew the race had just finished.

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/09/10 at 10:53 pm

I'm with you Dag...I'm totally pissed about the outcome! I mean seriously....the only thing worse would've been if team number three had come in first....but damn I was really invested this time around!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/09/10 at 11:25 pm

I am beyond pissed.  The brothers have behaved horrendously the past two episodes, and I'm so sad that they won.  They totally didn't deserve it, even if they did technically earn it.  I would rather have seen Caite win than those two.  I had been rooting for the Cowboys for so long, because they are just nice, happy guys who don't start any crap and who just do what needs to be done.  They don't make a big deal out of everything.  Bah.  Whatever.  I wasn't happy.  And I thought that the brunette lesbian made a complete ass out of herself when she was yelling at Caite.  My hell.  Get over it already.

Written By: snozberries on 05/09/10 at 11:37 pm

I am beyond pissed.  The brothers have behaved horrendously the past two episodes, and I'm so sad that they won.  They totally didn't deserve it, even if they did technically earn it.  I would rather have seen Caite win than those two.  I had been rooting for the Cowboys for so long, because they are just nice, happy guys who don't start any crap and who just do what needs to be done.  They don't make a big deal out of everything.  Bah.  Whatever.  I wasn't happy.  And I thought that the brunette lesbian made a complete ass out of herself when she was yelling at Caite.  My hell.  Get over it already.

sadly i don't think the cowboys losing their place in line would've made a difference but I think upgrading to 1st class was just wrong.
I know there used to be a rule against sitting in 1st class but (like I said in my text) maybe the rule was just about buying 1st class tickets not actually against sitting in first class...

tho how cool would it have been to hear Phil say Dan and Jordan you are first to the finish line; however you have incurred a 30 minute penalty for sitting in first class so I cannot check you in yet...

The cowboys made two fatal errors... maybe three
1) not playing thru...standing there waiting while what's his name was spinning circles was ridiculous
2) not spinning around in circles immediately once you got to the end since, obviously, that's how the other team got the clue
3) don't know how feasible this would've been but getting the taxi to double park or circle the block for you until you figured out what the next task was... had he been outside waiting for them they could've sent him ahead to the Amer Music Company.

BTW that Music Company is right in the area where Karen (& family), BFF and I had lunch...

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 05/16/10 at 3:52 am

wait i'm in australia so where are the guys up to now?...

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/10 at 7:22 am

The season finale was last week.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/16/10 at 4:05 pm

wait i'm in australia so where are the guys up to now?...

:)  I like your avatar.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 05/22/10 at 6:04 am

:)  I like your avatar.

haha thx :P

Check for new replies or respond here...