inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Glee hits the UK

Written By: Stompgal on 02/17/10 at 8:39 am

The series has been showing on E4 in the UK since January 11th. Even though I didn't catch the first episode on its original airing, I caught up with it online and started watching the series from 'Vitamin D' upwards on TV. A few of the songs in the series have even made it into the UK Singles Chart. My favourite characters are Rachel, Mr Schuster, Emma, Finn, Quinn, Tina, Mercedes, Artie and Kurt, but I don't like Sue Sylvester, the cheerleading coach, because she can be harsh at times. I did however like it when in the first episode Sue called out to the cheerleaders through her megaphone, "you think that's hard? I suffer from hepatitis. That's hard!"

Subject: Re: Glee hits the UK

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/17/10 at 4:39 pm

The series has been showing on E4 in the UK since January 11th. Even though I didn't catch the first episode on its original airing, I caught up with it online and started watching watching the series from 'Vitamin D' upwards on TV. A few of the songs in the series have even made it into the UK Singles Chart. My favourite characters are Rachel, Mr Schuster, Emma, Finn, Quinn, Tina, Mercedes, Artie and Kurt, but I don't like Sue Sylvester, the cheerleading coach, because she can be harsh at times.

But that's why I like her!

;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/17/10 at 6:09 pm

But that's why I like her!

;D

me too! She is awesome.....

Written By: Stompgal on 02/18/10 at 2:40 pm

The reason I didn't catch the episodes from 'Pilot' to 'Preggers' first time around is because they clashed with 'Celebrity Big Brother'. I also didn't catch 'The Rhodes Not Taken' when it first aired because I felt that I couldn't get into that show but I eventually did. It's like the 'High School Musical' trilogy for older viewers (probably aged 13 and up).

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/10 at 2:44 pm

The reason I didn't catch the episodes from 'Pilot' to 'Preggers' first time around is because they clashed with 'Celebrity Big Brother'. I also didn't catch 'The Rhodes Not Taken' when it first aired because I felt that I couldn't get into that show but I eventually did. It's like the 'High School Musical' trilogy for older viewers (probably aged 13 and up).

Oooh Party Foul.... We do not compare Glee to HSM... Glee is far superior to that HSM drivel >:(

Written By: whistledog on 02/18/10 at 2:55 pm

Just how popular is Glee in the UK?  The Glee Cast version of Don't Stop Believin' re-sparked interest in the Journey original, and it became Journey's first ever Top 40 hit in the UK chart.

The Glee Cast themselves have charted 15 singles in the UK, 5 of which saw the Top 40, the first of which was Don't Stop Believin'

Written By: Stompgal on 02/18/10 at 3:03 pm

Glee must be very popular in the UK at the moment. A lot of people talk about it on BBC Radio 1.

Check for new replies or respond here...