inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Speedy Gonzales: The Movie?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/10 at 7:42 pm

And George Lopez, wants to be the voice, but less you know, Speedy....

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/you-shall-know-his-velocity-speedy-gonzales-gets-a-movie/

To give an idea.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37Q5cDj1zL4&NR=1

Subject: Re: Speedy Gonzales: The Movie?

Written By: Animation Nut on 02/24/10 at 7:54 pm

Wouldn't be suprise Daffy's in it too and also Brandon Fariser  8-P

Written By: Animation Nut on 02/24/10 at 7:55 pm

Wouldn't be suprise Daffy's in it too and also Brandon Fariser  8-P

I mean Fraiser  :-X

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/24/10 at 8:26 pm

I mean Fraiser  :-X

i know!

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 02/25/10 at 8:14 am

Well with Speedy somehow being so controversial, by the time they water down the character and make him "politically correct", this movie will be like...

...an edited-for-TV version of Porky's, with little resemblance to the genuine article.  8-P

Written By: Jessica on 02/25/10 at 8:35 am

F*ck this movie and f*ck George Lopez.  He is NOT funny, and him and his wife will most likely ruin this in every way possible.

Give me back the old Speedy.

(the above statement has MY Latino seal of approval)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/25/10 at 10:38 am

F*ck this movie and f*ck George Lopez.  He is NOT funny, and him and his wife will most likely ruin this in every way possible.

Give me back the old Speedy.

(the above statement has MY Latino seal of approval)

Agreed!  Give me old school Speedy, who was resourceful, smart, a lady's mouse, and a smart alleck, over Lopez's Speedy, any day of the week!

As a kid, he was my hero, I wanted to be just as great at doing things, as Speedy, he always had a clearer idea of what to do, and out witted Daffy and Sylvester!

Written By: Bobby on 02/27/10 at 1:42 pm

Well with Speedy somehow being so controversial, by the time they water down the character and make him "politically correct", this movie will be like...

...an edited-for-TV version of Porky's, with little resemblance to the genuine article.  8-P

I agree though I don't believe Speedy's stereotype was a negative one, if there was a negative stereotype it was his lazy friends but that was an important plot device. Speedy was smart and always beat Sylvester.

I've tried to listen to George Lopez and I don't find him particularly funny.

Written By: Animation Nut on 02/27/10 at 5:51 pm

I agree though I don't believe Speedy's stereotype was a negative one, if there was a negative stereotype it was his lazy friends but that was an important plot device. Speedy was smart and always beat Sylvester.

Slowpoke Rodriguez

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXJv5-L6FwM

While "Mexicali Schmoes" is funnier, "Mexican Boarders" is also a  classic.

Infact, his cartoons were nominated for an Academy Award several times and the second cartoon "Speedy Gonzales" won in 1955.

Agree with everybody that George Lopez isn't funny.

Check for new replies or respond here...