inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The zeitgeist of 2010(=more predictions)

Written By: mutazeph on 03/04/10 at 12:49 pm

I have a little theory that a decade seems to mirror the one that came 30 years before it. Think about 1980. Disco was still lingering around the airwaves, the music industry had no idea what was going to be popular, and culture in general still catered to the aging free love generation of the 60s with smooth contemporary.
As of now, in 2010, alot of what is bad about the late 00s will continue to plague us. Hip hop has been made into a joke, at least in the top 40, although people like Jay-Z and Snoop Dogg ( now doing work with Kid Cudi and Diplo) are trying to make it fresh again. Tik Tok by Ke$ha is the worst single to top the charts in a long time, and people actually like it.
We won't see a great change in music kick in until late 2011 maybe. And in 4 years, who knows where the global warming theory will be. Not in the textbooks.

Subject: Re: The zeitgeist of 2010(=more predictions)

Written By: bchris02 on 03/04/10 at 10:14 pm

In my opinion, the '00s will stick around as long as the recession does.  When the recession is over, some major changes will start to take place.  I predict by 2013, providing this recession doesn't worsen into a depression, we will have an entirely new popular culture.

Check for new replies or respond here...