inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: She fell in love with the Eiffel Tower... and Married it

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/08/10 at 6:51 pm

Don't know about where y'all live, but here near Picksburgh, Comcast has been running an ad where a gal mentions some lady who "fell in love with the Eiffel Tower... and married it".

Had a little time on my hands and Googled this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2074301/Woman-with-objects-fetish-marries-Eiffel-Tower.html

Seems that one Erika La Tour Eiffel (La Tour was her maiden name) indeed has pledged to love, honor, and obey the landmark.  ;D ;D

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00676/eiffel-tower-marry-_676203c.jpg

Subject: Re: She fell in love with the Eiffel Tower... and Married it

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/08/10 at 8:36 pm

There was a BBC America program that was all about women who fell in love with inannimate objects.  It was a little sad, a little creepy and just really unusual.  I'd never knew the phenominon existed before I saw the program.  As I recall, she threw her leg over one of the girders and consummated the marriage of sorts.  8-P

I think I'll stick to my more conventional marriage partner, as hard as it is sometimes.  lol  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/09/10 at 9:05 am

As I recall, she threw her leg over one of the girders and consummated the marriage of sorts.   8-P

Hmm... Maybe for her the huge Eiffel Tower is a Freudian symbol of something else.  ???

Oui, Oui, mademoiselle!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/09/10 at 2:40 pm

So two gay people can't get married, but this lady can marry the freaking Eiffel Tower?

That makes sense.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/09/10 at 4:35 pm

No comment!

;D

Written By: gibbo on 03/10/10 at 4:40 am

Hmm... Maybe for her the huge Eiffel Tower is a Freudian symbol of something else.  ???

Oui, Oui, mademoiselle!   ;D

Yes...certainly provoked a mighty erection!  ;)

Written By: Frank on 03/11/10 at 1:11 am

Yes...certainly provoked a mighty erection!  ;)

I hope Howard doesn't read this thread....

Check for new replies or respond here...