inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: TMI! TMI!

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/10 at 7:20 am

Was just watching the CBS Morning News and what's on today?

They have Katie Couric on there with Harry Smith.  Harry is laying on a table with a colonoscope up his butt.  :o

We're getting a live TV feed from inside Harry's bung.  8-P

Subject: Re: TMI! TMI!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/10/10 at 8:07 am

They have Katie Couric on there with Harry Smith.  Harry is laying on a table with a colonoscope up his butt.   :o

We're getting a live TV feed from inside Harry's bung.   8-P

No comment.

::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/10/10 at 11:16 am

They have Katie Couric on there with Harry Smith.  Harry is laying on a table with a colonoscope up his butt.   :o

We're getting a live TV feed from inside Harry's bung.   8-P

Oh for f*&^'s! sake!   ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/10/10 at 6:41 pm

And that's the news that's fit for television. ::)

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/10/10 at 6:55 pm

I've heard of talking out of your a$$, but this is just ridiculous!  *ducks*

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/10 at 6:59 pm

Adding insult to injury, Katie was wearing a clear plastic face shield.  She said the doctor told her to wear it because she was in the "splash zone".

If I woulda been Harry, I would have tried hard to let one rip when the cameras were running and the microphone was on.  ;D

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/10/10 at 7:00 pm

Adding insult to injury, Katie was wearing a clear plastic face shield.  She said the doctor told her to wear it because she was in the "splash zone".

If I woulda been Harry, I would have tried hard to let one rip when the cameras were running and the microphone was on.  ;D
;D

Written By: Howard on 03/10/10 at 7:15 pm

Did Harry need a colonoscopy?

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/10/10 at 7:19 pm

Did Harry need a colonoscopy?

It was just a routine checkup from what I saw.  I think I found a picture of the rig they used:

http://www.thedrainmen.com/files/snake.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/11/10 at 6:41 am

It was just a routine checkup from what I saw.  I think I found a picture of the rig they used:

http://www.thedrainmen.com/files/snake.jpg

That's what they used on him?  :o  Jeez,looks like a fan.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/11/10 at 5:20 pm

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 6:10 pm

I had a colonoscopy done about a month ago, I was completely anesthetized during the procedure and don't remember a thing about it.  So Harry probably couldn't have let one rip even if he wanted to.

Having said that, the worst part about the whole thing was actually the prep I had to do the night before, where I had to drink about a gallon of this really nasty chalky-tasting crap, in order to induce diarrhea and completely flush out my system. It just so happened that I had to do this on the night of the Super Bowl, and I kept having to run back and forth to the toilet so I missed over half the game (and, mercifully, most of that horrible halftime show that the Who put on).

If the CBS Morning News wanted to make the whole thing really entertaining, they would've showed Harry the night before, forcing himself to drink that gross prep solution and then repeatedly having to make a mad dash to the crapper.  ;D

(Was that TMI for you???  :o :o :o)

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/10 at 6:35 pm

(Was that TMI for you???  :o :o :o)

Been there done that.  Harry initially was under anaethesia (including the dreaded Propofol) but towards the end he was awake and talking, whilst the periscope was still submerged.  Doctor told him that he had a longer-than-usual colon; Harry seemed proud of that.  :P

My Mum had one of these colonoscopies where not only did she have to drink all that nasty liquid, but then they stuck an air chuck up her butt and inflated her for some reason (I am not making this up) and she was farting for like 2 hours after the procedure was done.

And yes... that WAS TMI4LB...  ;D 8-P ;D 8-P ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/11/10 at 7:10 pm

I'm glad I don't need a colonoscopy now but eventually I might need one.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/11/10 at 7:20 pm

I'm glad I don't need a colonoscopy now but eventually I might need one.

You should absolutely have one, Howard!  No joke. 

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 7:28 pm

I don't know if he absolutely NEEDS one yet, I had to have mine done because I needed to have surgery on my cornhole. I had a bad case of 'rhoid rage, if you catch my drift.

(How's that for TMI?!?  :o :o :o)

Written By: Howard on 03/11/10 at 7:50 pm

I should get one when I make my next appt to the doctor? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 7:56 pm

I should get one when I make my next appt to the doctor? ???

Unless you've been having any problems with your colon or lower digestive tract, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/11/10 at 8:22 pm

Unless you've been having any problems with your colon or lower digestive tract, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Unless you are having problems, they recommend a colonoscopy at age 50. So Howard, you are OK for a while before you have to undergo the dreaded procedure.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/11/10 at 9:16 pm

Unless you are having problems, they recommend a colonoscopy at age 50. So Howard, you are OK for a while before you have to undergo the dreaded procedure.

And like I said, when they did it to me, all I remember was them sticking an IV in my arm, then the next thing I remember was waking up and they were all done. I felt no pain or discomfort whatsoever, so if and when you do have it done it's really nothing to worry about.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/11/10 at 10:32 pm

so if and when you do have it done it's really nothing to worry about.  :)

Unless you happen to notice Katie Couric and a bunch of camera and sound technicians in the waiting room.  :-\\ :D ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/12/10 at 6:46 am

No I just eat the wrong foods,especially the spicy ones with jalapeno or pepper ranch flavors,that sort of stuff.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/12/10 at 11:18 am

No I just eat the wrong foods,especially the spicy ones with jalapeno or pepper ranch flavors,that sort of stuff.

I hear ya. I'd recommend trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and definitely getting more fiber in your diet, I've been drinking one glass of Metamucil first thing every day and eating more salads.

Since this is the TMI thread, I'd might as well come out and say that the reason I had a colonoscopy done in the first place is because I had to undergo surgery to have a couple hemorrhoids removed.  And trust me, that is NOT something you want to ever have to go through.

Be kind to your colon!

Written By: Howard on 03/12/10 at 12:33 pm

I hear ya. I'd recommend trying to eat more fruits and vegetables and definitely getting more fiber in your diet, I've been drinking one glass of Metamucil first thing every day and eating more salads.

Since this is the TMI thread, I'd might as well come out and say that the reason I had a colonoscopy done in the first place is because I had to undergo surgery to have a couple hemorrhoids removed.  And trust me, that is NOT something you want to ever have to go through.

Be kind to your colon!

I also got to try to stop drinking so much Dunkin Donuts Coffee and having their donuts too.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/12/10 at 9:39 pm

I also got to try to stop drinking so much Dunkin Donuts Coffee and having their donuts too.

Well, it couldn't hurt, Howard!

I used to get a medium, cream and sugar, every day on my way to work.  Helped me from falling asleep at my desk.  Sometimes I got seduced into the donuts, which were never worth it, my belly let me know that PDQ.  Three minutes of sugary lard orgasm for three hours of ick!

Yep, soon it's gonna be time for me to get the old kiester scoped by Dr. Pooper Snooper, I don't need to see it on TV, thank you very much!
8-P

I had a couple of bouts with 'rhoids in the past.  That's why I hate those Prep-H commercials.  If I gotta use Prep-H, I still ain't going on a cycling marathon!

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/12/10 at 10:45 pm

and she was farting for like 2 hours after the procedure was done.

So I can see the downside for anyone else in the room, but what was the downside for her?

(I'm male and a nerd.  My first idea would be to hobble out of the hospital, take a cab to the Vomit Comet, guzzle a can of soda...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/Aeolipile_illustration.JPG/395px-Aeolipile_illustration.JPG

...and see if I could spin myself in a circle during the zero-gee portion of the flight!)

My marketing campaign for colorectal screening would be targeted at males, and would go along the lines of "Look, even if you aren't looking for a socially-acceptable opportunity to indulge in 48 hours of sophomoric fart jokes, it beats the hell out of dying of ass cancer."

Written By: Howard on 03/13/10 at 6:41 am

Well, it couldn't hurt, Howard!

I used to get a medium, cream and sugar, every day on my way to work.  Helped me from falling asleep at my desk.  Sometimes I got seduced into the donuts, which were never worth it, my belly let me know that PDQ.  Three minutes of sugary lard orgasm for three hours of ick!

Yep, soon it's gonna be time for me to get the old kiester scoped by Dr. Pooper Snooper, I don't need to see it on TV, thank you very much!
8-P

I had a couple of bouts with 'rhoids in the past.  That's why I hate those Prep-H commercials.  If I gotta use Prep-H, I still ain't going on a cycling marathon!

I don't remember the last time I had hemmroids,that was many years ago.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/14/10 at 6:39 am

8-P

How about taking a nice long ride on a Harley-Davidson with open pipes?  :o :o :o

I don't think it was strictly diet that caused my 'rhoids though, I'm sure all those years of sitting on my ass and driving a truck was a contributing factor.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/15/10 at 12:41 am

How about taking a nice long ride on a Harley-Davidson with open pipes?  :o :o :o

I don't think it was strictly diet that caused my 'rhoids though, I'm sure all those years of sitting on my ass and driving a truck was a contributing factor.

Scariest thing on the road: A big rig driver on a 60-hour No-Doz run and a case of 'rhoid rage!  Please don't run my Nissan into the median ditch mister truck driver!
:o

Check for new replies or respond here...