inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Is THIS a Grammy Award winning music video?

Written By: Silver Power on 03/17/10 at 12:33 pm

When I first heard of this video, I was extremely curious as to how it turned out. After over 40 tries and 2 days of filming, they got the video down, and it's amazing. What adds to the greatness of this video is that, like their video for "Here It Goes Again" , it was all shot in one take. OK Go is well known for their innovative viral music videos, and, above all, quite catchy songs. They released two seperate videos for this, but, judging by YouTube views, currently beating the other by a deficit of over 7 million views, this seems to be the more popular version. A giant Rube Goldberg machine, timed perfectly, seems to get a lot more attention than a regular old video. Could OK Go's new video for their song "This Too Shall Pass" take a Grammy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w

Subject: Re: Is THIS a Grammy Award winning music video?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/18/10 at 11:14 am

This is the second video for this song, the first one was pretty cool too. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY

They're definitely using the web to their advantage, and I believe they just dumped their label to go it alone again

Written By: Silver Power on 03/18/10 at 12:48 pm

Indeed, and they're doing a damn fine job of it.

Written By: nondiva234 on 03/19/10 at 11:56 pm

OKGo make amazing music videos, unlike most of the crap they label as "music videos" these days. :)

Written By: Henk on 03/20/10 at 3:55 am

When I first heard of this video, I was extremely curious as to how it turned out. After over 40 tries and 2 days of filming, they got the video down, and it's amazing. What adds to the greatness of this video is that, like their video for "Here It Goes Again" , it was all shot in one take. OK Go is well known for their innovative viral music videos, and, above all, quite catchy songs. They released two seperate videos for this, but, judging by YouTube views, currently beating the other by a deficit of over 7 million views, this seems to be the more popular version. A giant Rube Goldberg machine, timed perfectly, seems to get a lot more attention than a regular old video. Could OK Go's new video for their song "This Too Shall Pass" take a Grammy?

Brilliant! How do you even come up with an idea like that?  ;D

I loved their video for "Here It Goes Again" too.

Written By: Silver Power on 03/20/10 at 7:56 am

Brilliant! How do you even come up with an idea like that?  ;D

I would say from smoking an outstanding amount of weed, but, judging by the looks of this band, they'd probably all rather sit down on a couch together and watch Gray's Anatomy than do drugs. And there's nothing wrong with that.

They are the masters of low-budget, high-entertainment music videos. Go on YouTube and look up the video for their song "WTF".. Amazingly triptacular.

Check for new replies or respond here...