inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Free Willy 4

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 12:36 am

Because I know Pennywise will ultimately post this if I don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEZOjLRPnE

Here's the deal.... a really good friend of mine was commissioned to write it... she got screwed by the writer's strike... she still holds "story by" credit but not "written by" credit even tho most of her script was untouched... the stuff they changed... the stuff she was proud of... she made it more informative and stayed true to factual info about killer whales  and her's wasn't set in a theme park 

Subject: Re: Free Willy 4

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 3:13 am

What's the deal with Willy that he always gets stuck somewhere? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/24/10 at 6:31 am

Man,How many times do they have to Free Willy?  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 8:06 am

Which is why, Free Willy 4, will go down in history, as one of the most pointless sequels, of all time!

;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 8:23 am

I imagine we can all look forward to Free Willy 5, in glorious 3-D.

;D ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 8:54 am

;D ;D

It should be in 3 B, 3 beers, and it looks good!

;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 1:27 pm

I forgot to add that's it's a direct to DVD release.

And say what you will but I'm proud of my friend getting a paying gig on Hollywood. Just wish she hadn't gotten screwed by the writers strike.

Written By: Tam on 03/24/10 at 1:29 pm

Here's the deal.... a really good friend of mine was commissioned to write it... she got screwed by the writer's strike... she still holds "story by" credit but not "written by" credit even tho most of her script was untouched... the stuff they changed... the stuff she was proud of... she made it more informative and stayed true to factual info about killer whales  and her's wasn't set in a theme park 

Back on point - Q, I am sorry her script got railroaded! Ultimately, people are going to see the lack of information needed or the trueness of the information given.
Wish I could say I am going to see it - but I haven't enjoyed a Willy since 1 and 2 - but I might just check it out because of your friend.
Does she still get royalties for it?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/10 at 1:40 pm

That was my first reaction when I saw this thread.

Because I know Pennywise will ultimately post this if I don't

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIEZOjLRPnE

Like Tam said, I, too am sorry your friend got screwed. Maybe having this on her resumé, she will get another gig that they will give her FULL credit.

Cat

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 1:52 pm

So, when is Willy, actually going to be, you know, really free?

;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 2:04 pm

Like Tam said, I, too am sorry your friend got screwed. Maybe having this on her resumé, she will get another gig that they will give her FULL credit.

Cat

forgot to say thanx Tam  :)

and thanks cat!!!

Yeah she's doing well. Sold something a couple years ago that's still in development. Had a pilot in circulation before the strike and worked on something at Disney so I know she'll rebound nicely.

Written By: Tam on 03/24/10 at 2:06 pm

Which is why, Free Willy 4, will go down in history, as one of the most pointless sequels, of all time!

;D

;D ;D

It should be in 3 B, 3 beers, and it looks good!

;D

;D

I am so glad that people read the initial post! ::)
The thread isn't to mock the franchise for crying out loud! READ PEOPLE!!!

Gah!
Perhaps it is just me and the fact that I have been frustrated for almost a month - but seriously - read before you post. It isn't a hard concept!

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 2:34 pm

I am so glad that people read the initial post! ::)
The thread isn't to mock the franchise for crying out loud! READ PEOPLE!!!

Gah!
Perhaps it is just me and the fact that I have been frustrated for almost a month - but seriously - read before you post. It isn't a hard concept!

it's all good tam. Your support is appreciated. Truth is. Even if my friend hadn't written it. The only thing I would mock about It is the casting of bindi irwin cuz I'm a fan of the franchise but bindi really annoys me.   

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 2:53 pm

it's all good tam. Your support is appreciated. Truth is. Even if my friend hadn't written it. The only thing I would mock about It is the casting of bindi irwin cuz I'm a fan of the franchise but bindi really annoys me.   

Sorry about that, it's just I'm still amazed that the second and third films, center around the same plot, about freeing the same whale, over and over again.

Sorry, to hear that your friend, didn't get credited for her work, hopefully things turn ok for her, in the future.

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/10 at 5:55 pm

Sorry about that, it's just I'm still amazed that the second and third films, center around the same plot, about freeing the same whale, over and over again.

Sorry, to hear that your friend, didn't get credited for her work, hopefully things turn ok for her, in the future.

so does scream but your wxcited about the fourth installment of that  :P

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 6:20 pm

OK, you can pass this plotline on to your writer friend so she can get started on Free Willy 5.

Willy is wrongly accused of accidentally killing his trainer at an aquatic wildlife park, and as punishment, he is sentenced to live out his remaining years in a small, dilapidated old tank where they feed him frozen fish.  Being isolated from people and other whales, as well as the trainer who he actually liked, Willy becomes lethargic and ill.

A Hollywood film director learns of Willy's plight and decides to free him (for the 5th time), and makes him the centerpiece of his new 3-D movie that he's always wanted to make about whales in the wild.  (Thus, the first half of the movie is in 2-D, and then it becomes 3-D, kinda like how the Wizard of Oz switched to color midstream).

While filming the 3-D production, the Hollywood director uncovers evidence that Willy could not have been responsible for the trainer's death, which instead is attributed to the mean and ruthless owner of that old aquatic park.  The owner learns of this and enters Willy's new digs to try and hide the evidence.  Willy jumps out of the tank (remember this is 3-D), grabs the mean guy, and holds him at bay until the authorities arrive.

This story line would be pure gold.  8)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/24/10 at 6:34 pm

It kind of reminds me of Alex on Walker Texas Ranger. How many times has she been kidnapped? Almost every episode it seems.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/24/10 at 7:03 pm

;D ;D

and Free Willy 6,7,8,9 and 10.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/10 at 7:04 pm

;D

When someone rescues him.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/24/10 at 7:23 pm

and Free Willy 6,7,8,9 and 10.

And maybe Free Willy, the TV Series? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/24/10 at 7:38 pm

And Free Willy The Breakfast Cereal.  ::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 8:43 pm

There was one, already!

;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/24/10 at 8:44 pm

You got me on that one.

;D

Written By: Howard on 03/25/10 at 6:37 am

There was one, already!

;D

Yeah,In 1993.

Check for new replies or respond here...