inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Earth Hour

Written By: Satish on 03/26/10 at 7:10 pm

This year's Earth Hour is coming soon, on Saturday, March 27, 2010 from 8:30pm to 9:30pm. It's where people voluntarily stop using electrical devices for a period of one hour in order to make a statement about conservation and climate change. The event is held on the last Saturday of March every year and this is the third straight year it will be a worldwide event.

Here's the official site for Earth Hour:
http://www.earthhour.org/About.aspx

Also, the event is being organized by the World Wildlife Fund:
http://www.panda.org/

Subject: Re: Earth Hour

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/26/10 at 11:03 pm

Can I postpone my Earth Hour by a few?  I'll just turn off the all the lights and computers and go to bed...and I won't fall asleep with Adult Swim as a lullaby like I usually do!
:P

Better yet, can I do make my Earth Hour a Saturn Hour?  That way it'll be over in about 17.5 Earth minutes!
???

Written By: nupur on 03/27/10 at 6:04 pm

I think Earth Hour will be a good opportunity for me to get some homework done and stop procrastinating on the internet!

Then again, I probably won't be able to see a thing without the lights on, so maybe I will just take a nap instead  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/27/10 at 7:05 pm

Nope,can't live without my electricity.  :P

Written By: ninny on 03/28/10 at 8:25 am

I was going to observe it, but as luck would have it one of my cats found a mouse and it was running around the house..I wasn't taking any chances, so the light went on so we could find it and kill it.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/10 at 6:48 pm

I was going to observe it, but as luck would have it one of my cats found a mouse and it was running around the house..I wasn't taking any chances, so the light went on so we could find it and kill it.

Where was the mouse,under the couch?  ???

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/28/10 at 7:55 pm

Where was the mouse,under the couch?  ???

Hey, that almost rhymes!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...