inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Logorama - Pulp Fiction for Brands

Written By: gumbypiz on 03/27/10 at 3:29 am

This is one of the best animation shorts I've seen in a long time, maybe forever.

Logorama won an 2010 Academy award for animated short.

Not suitable for kiddies due to the language, but a funny, twisted and well made short. I was knocked out about how slickly this was done...

Check it out here, I guarantee you its worth your time watching this...you won't be disappointed. :)

Subject: Re: Logorama - Pulp Fiction for Brands

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/28/10 at 10:13 pm

Absolut brilliance!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/10 at 6:03 pm

HOLY SCHITT!

This is something you could watch 100 times and still not catch everything that's in it.

I plan on trying though.  Seriously genius.  Thanks for showing us GP!!! 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/30/10 at 3:13 pm

I just watched this again.  At first I was delighted at how much more came out at me.  It really is so genius and I can't even fathom how long it must have taken to make.  It is just beyond impressive.  But the more I watched it, the more I started realizing that I could have been watching a modern day Hollywood blockbuster.  Full of plastic people that aren't real, that are all for sale.  So that me started thinking about what a commentary this movie was on modern day Hollywood and how much movies have suffered over the years.  Which led me on to wondering if we as a society aren't just made up of logos.  Aren't we all for sale in one way or another?  And aren't we all just looking for the next logo to add to our vast collection? 

I love things that make me think.

Check for new replies or respond here...