inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Startling News Flash

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/29/10 at 5:18 pm

Singer Ricky Martin says that he's homosexual...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ricky-martin-fortunate-homosexual-man/story?id=10234454

Man, that's a shocker...  ;D

Subject: Re: Startling News Flash

Written By: Dagwood on 03/29/10 at 5:44 pm

Who's next?  Elton John?  ;) ;D

Written By: whistledog on 03/29/10 at 7:22 pm

So does this mean when people say he sucks, it takes on a whole new meaning?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 03/29/10 at 8:17 pm

Tell us something, what don't know!

;D

Written By: nupur on 03/29/10 at 8:44 pm

I think I saw this news coming out (pun intended) when he came out (pun intended) with his first English album back in '99.  :D

Written By: joeman on 03/29/10 at 9:31 pm

Singer Ricky Martin says that he's homosexual...

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/ricky-martin-fortunate-homosexual-man/story?id=10234454

Man, that's a shocker...   ;D

oh....

I mean

OH!!!

;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/10 at 10:22 pm

;D

Nah its gonna be NPH!!!  :D

Karma for making me laugh!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/29/10 at 10:26 pm

;D

Nah its gonna be NPH!!!  :D

Karma for making me laugh!

NO! Not Doogie! ;) :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/10 at 10:31 pm

NO! Not Doogie! ;) :D

uh huh... and guess who else.... sit down cuz this one was real shocker....    remember little Jonathan from Who's the Boss.... can you believe it?

oh and Lance Bass too... I mean who knew!  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 03/30/10 at 12:02 am

uh huh... and guess who else.... sit down cuz this one was real shocker....    remember little Jonathan from Who's the Boss.... can you believe it?

oh and Lance Bass too... I mean who knew!  :o

No way.  My dreams are all crushed now. ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/30/10 at 5:23 am

So now he says that he's gay? Why couldn't he say it when he was in Menudo 25 years ago?

Written By: Jessica on 03/30/10 at 10:35 am

So now he says that he's gay? Why couldn't he say it when he was in Menudo 25 years ago?

In other news, water is wet.

Written By: Howard on 03/30/10 at 2:47 pm

I never knew he was gay,I always thought he loved women.  ???

Written By: ninny on 03/30/10 at 3:03 pm

That was pretty obvious, but not all are. I never knew that Anderson Cooper was till I did some reading on him.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/10 at 3:24 pm

That was pretty obvious, but not all are. I never knew that Anderson Cooper was till I did some reading on him.

Really? Anderson Cooper? I know that his mother is Gloria Vanderbilt but I didn't know he was gay.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 03/30/10 at 3:27 pm

Really? Anderson Cooper? I know that his mother is Gloria Vanderbilt but I didn't know he was gay.

Cat

me neither.

Written By: Frank on 03/30/10 at 11:55 pm

Exactly.

Written By: ninny on 03/31/10 at 4:41 am

Cat

This was in Wikipedia: Cooper has never married and has actively avoided discussing his private life, citing a desire to protect his neutrality as a journalist. His public reticence contrasts deliberately with his mother's life spent in the spotlight of tabloid journalists and her publication of memoirs explicitly detailing her affairs with celebrities; Cooper vowed "not to repeat that strategy".  Independent news media have reported that Cooper is gay,  and in May 2007, Out magazine ranked him second behind David Geffen in its list of the fifty "Most Powerful Gay Men and Women in America."  When asked about his sexuality, he stated "I understand why people might be interested. But I just don’t talk about my personal life. It’s a decision I made a long time ago, before I ever even knew anyone would be interested in my personal life. The whole thing about being a reporter is that you're supposed to be an observer and to be able to adapt with any group you’re in, and I don’t want to do anything that threatens that."  He has, however, discussed his desire to have a family and children

Plus there are other articles that mention this.

Written By: batfan2005 on 03/31/10 at 5:00 am

Or George Michael, Rick Asley, or Clay Aiken, lol

Written By: Howard on 03/31/10 at 6:31 am

Wow,all this time I thought he was a straight guy kissing women and shaking his bon bon,Well,not anymore.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/10 at 8:57 am

Wow,all this time I thought he was a straight guy kissing women and shaking his bon bon,Well,not anymore.

Kinda makes you wonder what he was singing about when he performed "She Bangs"  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/31/10 at 11:37 am

Kinda makes you wonder what he was singing about when he performed "She Bangs"   ;D

Ricky can bang a she or he or something in between.  That's his business.  He decided he wanted to make it the public's business after the public stopped giving a crap about him.  A celebrity out of the spotlight is a dead celebrity.  Coming out as gay is a lot healthier way to get press than getting hooked on dope and jumping turnstiles like Leif Garrett did!  Anyway, Ricky's a married dad.  So was David Bowie.  This happens.

Why didn't he come out when he was in Menudo?  Well, he was 15 when he was in Menudo.  Maybe he didn't know.  Even if he did, it would have been a lethal career move.  Menudo was for kids.  It would be like Ernie and Bert coming out as gay.  That's something you figure out later on.  It's not for children to ponder.
:o

Written By: Howard on 03/31/10 at 6:37 pm

Kinda makes you wonder what he was singing about when he performed "She Bangs"   ;D

or He Banged. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/10 at 8:39 pm

that got you karma!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/10 at 8:40 pm

Cat

you think the two things are related?  ;D

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/01/10 at 5:25 pm

Sort of on topic, but entirely quite, Anna Paquin, has just reveled that she is bi sexual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7546031/True-Blood-star-Anna-Paquin-comes-out-as-bisexual.html

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/10 at 5:47 pm

Sort of on topic, but entirely quite, Anna Paquin, has just reveled that she is bi sexual.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/7546031/True-Blood-star-Anna-Paquin-comes-out-as-bisexual.html

Hmmm... Quite a handy gal to have around.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/10 at 7:01 pm

Oh Great,Who's next?  ::)

Check for new replies or respond here...