inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Suspended For Prom Dress-Instead of Being Paddlled

Written By: danootaandme on 04/04/10 at 6:58 am

The story is that she was suspended for wearing a "revealing" prom dress. An aside to the story is the 18 kids who opted for being paddled instead of being suspended. High school kids being paddled for what was deemed by the administration to be inappropriate prom wear.  There is something too weirdly psycho sexual in this, but then again it is Oxford Mississippi.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/alabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress/19425583?icid=main|main|dl1|link5|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Falabama-teen-erica-deramus-suspended-over-too-revealing-prom-dress%2F19425583

Subject: Re: Suspended For Prom Dress-Instead of Being Paddlled

Written By: nupur on 04/04/10 at 9:05 am

Um, is that even allowed anymore?? Maybe this wasn't a public school, but paddling high school students is a bit much. And she was suspended for 3 whole days! Just for "breaking the dress code." Crazy.

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/10 at 9:21 am

Well she and the others knew the rules and violated them anyway.  So punishment is in order.  My thought is that they simply shoulda been banned from attending the prom, or at least told they could come back if they wore something that follows the rules.

That said, I thought PADDLING was pretty much illegal in most states, guess I was wrong.  Paddling is certainly excessive in this situation.

Note:  In 1974, (before Pennsylvania banned corporal punishment) I set, and still hold, the record for the most "swats" in one session in my school district.  I got 5.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 04/04/10 at 11:28 am

Well she and the others knew the rules and violated them anyway.  So punishment is in order.  My thought is that they simply shoulda been banned from attending the prom, or at least told they could come back if they wore something that follows the rules.

That said, I thought PADDLING was pretty much illegal in most states, guess I was wrong.  Paddling is certainly excessive in this situation.

Note:  In 1974, (before Pennsylvania banned corporal punishment) I set, and still hold, the record for the most "swats" in one session in my school district.  I got 5.   ;D

And it sounds like you are totally proud to hold the record.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: danootaandme on 04/04/10 at 11:42 am

My bad, it was Oxford, Alabama....(well...Mississippi/Alabama what's the difference besides the spelling?)

It is a public school, I googled, set your clocks back 50 years.  There are guidelines for corporal punishment.  The "instrument" used should be "wisely selected".  There has to be a witness, in the principals office, no more than three licks to the buttocks, the parents are to be notified AFTER.   Sorry, this just seems to be too weird for me.  You get a couple of teachers who are into watching spankings...well need I say more.

Look Under Board Policy Manual - Page 5.23.  They also have the Sex Education(abstinence only) thing going on.

www.oxfordcityschools.com/Default.asp?PN=DocumentUploads&L=1&DivisionID=4795&LMID=189280&ToggleSideNav=

Written By: Howard on 04/04/10 at 1:34 pm

I don't see anything wrong with the dress, At least it didn't show a nipple.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/04/10 at 1:50 pm

I have seen worse dresses.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/04/10 at 2:48 pm

My bad, it was Oxford, Alabama....(well...Mississippi/Alabama what's the difference besides the spelling?)

It is a public school, I googled, set your clocks back 50 years.  There are guidelines for corporal punishment.  The "instrument" used should be "wisely selected".  There has to be a witness, in the principals office, no more than three licks to the buttocks, the parents are to be notified AFTER.  Sorry, this just seems to be too weird for me.  You get a couple of teachers who are into watching spankings...well need I say more.

So I guess we all now know where O'Bannion from Dazed and Confused ended up.  ;D ;D ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBrGMJC-lE&feature=related

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/04/10 at 4:16 pm

And it sounds like you are totally proud to hold the record.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Indeed I am.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/05/10 at 1:37 am

The article I read said she opted for the suspension.  Maybe that's because Mr. Garrison won the faculty paddle lottery!
:P

Written By: Howard on 04/05/10 at 6:31 am

If she got a paddling,What would have happened?  ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/05/10 at 2:43 pm

If she got a paddling,What would have happened?  ???

Well for one, if the teacher who administered the paddling happened to be male, you can be certain that he had a massive hardon.  ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/05/10 at 8:29 pm

Well for one, if the teacher who administered the paddling happened to be male, you can be certain that he had a massive hardon.  ;D

Well, you can't be certain it was massive...could be a tiny one!
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 04/06/10 at 5:29 am

Only if it was a hot chick with big boobs. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...