inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Douchebag of the Month Nominations Coming Early...

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/06/10 at 6:51 pm

I hereby nominate Justin Kocott, a Picksburgh-area teen who this week walked into a Best Buy store, plunked down $499 of his own money (that he earned shoveling snow this winter), bought an iPad, and then proceeded to smash it with a baseball bat.

http://thatschurch.com/2010/04/06/and-his-crown-shall-be-made-of-pez/#comment-311162

Subject: Re: Douchebag of the Month Nominations Coming Early...

Written By: gibbo on 04/06/10 at 8:44 pm

I don't know if this makes him a douche... :-\\  Stupid definitely...but not a douche.  If he's happy to waste $500 of his own time and money destroying (what I consider to be) a useless product anyway. That's okay with me...  At least he got some real exercise swinging a bat!

Written By: joeman on 04/06/10 at 8:56 pm

I don't know if this makes him a douche... :-\\  Stupid definitely...but not a douche.   If he's happy to waste $500 of his own time and money destroying (what I consider to be) a useless product anyway. That's okay with me...  At least he got some real exercise swinging a bat!

$500 is a some money these days, considering that we are in a recession.  To do all that, you must really have an agenda out against the IPAD.  I don't think it matters at all to the company though, because they got their money whether the kid smashed it or not.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 04/06/10 at 11:31 pm

Douche-o-rama.  That kid needs to have his ass kicked on general principle. 

Written By: Howard on 04/07/10 at 6:30 am

Why would he do that to his own Ipad?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 04/07/10 at 6:34 am

Any kid that does that didn't work for the money,  500 doesn't mean much to a kid who would do that.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/07/10 at 8:58 am

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlDo-T5rHLk

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/08/10 at 3:15 pm

Someone needs to steal that kid's car and bash out all the windows.

Check for new replies or respond here...