inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Technology You Want To See In Your Life

Written By: superflykid2008 on 04/09/10 at 11:36 pm

I'll be 60 by 2050, and I want to see cyborg technolgy by then...so somebody better get started. No exucses, you have 40 years! With that I'll be old, but physically as able as a young person, due to robotic limbs. It will be awesome  :)

Subject: Re: Technology You Want To See In Your Life

Written By: Jessica on 04/09/10 at 11:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVruDYoKVGc

Written By: Frank on 04/10/10 at 12:28 am

I hope it's like Star Trek, where I can request to be beamed anywhere I want, like maybe Marilyn Monroe's dressing room in 1953  :D

Written By: gibbo on 04/10/10 at 12:33 am

I hope it's like Star Trek, where I can request to be beamed anywhere I want, like maybe Marilyn Monroe's dressing room in 1953  :D

Yep...just you, Marilyn and JFK...

Written By: Frank on 04/10/10 at 12:38 am

Yep...just you, Marilyn and JFK...

and my camera..make lots of money...and eventually be killed :D

Written By: gibbo on 04/10/10 at 12:49 am

and my camera..make lots of money...and eventually be killed :D

Look whatever it takes to keep you further down the scoreboards on some other threads here.... ;)

Written By: Frank on 04/10/10 at 12:54 am

Look whatever it takes to keep you further down the scoreboards on some other threads here.... ;)

But..you'll have to wait till the year 2050, by that time I'll be almost 90 and will have forgotten every movie or song I know.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/10 at 6:38 am

But..you'll have to wait till the year 2050, by that time I'll be almost 90 and will have forgotten every movie or song I know.

And by the time I'm 75,I'll wind up with Alzheimer's Disease,I'll forget that I was the "jamminoldies" from my time.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/10 at 9:29 am

Hopefully, no killer robots!

;D

Written By: topforty on 04/10/10 at 1:00 pm

One thing I'd like to see is a refinement in email.  Maybe it is out there already as I'm not tech savvy, I mainly use my computer for emails, an occasional chat and to frequent sites such as this one.  My computer is simple with none of the bells and whistles on it as I've never found the need for them and because of that I still use a dial up modem for each time I'm on the computer. 

I don't know how many people I know insist on forwarding me large files for Media Player, even after I tell them repeatedly I do not have Media Player on my computer and downloading these things ties my computer up for up to two hours, maybe three hours (it's never just one they are sending, they are sending up to 5 maybe sometimes up to 10 files). 

Or I have other people who have no idea how to send a picture through email.  I'm sure you all have gotten these, the picture is like a 3.5 mb file and when it's FINALLY downloaded, the picture doesn't fit on your screen.  And again it's not just ONE picture people are sending, they are sending like 10 of these at a time.  Nothing more frustrating than wanting to get an email out and having to wait for pictures of somebody's fishing trip to come through.

Either I'd like to see a reminder to the sender saying the file you are about to send is "X mb" large and may take "X amount" of time to send, you know much like when you are downloading something from a site, you see that sometimes.

OR in the case the person still insists on sending the file, the person on the receiving end gets a separate email before hand stating "So and so has sent you a file that has X mbs in it, do you want to continue, Yes or No".  You'd be able to customize this on the receiving end with names of people and the size of files you would automatically accept so you wouldn't have to sit there and say yes or no to every incoming email.

I've repeatedly asked people to quit sending me these large forwards or check the size of the file before sending, but this only works for so long before they "forget" and once again they are tying up my email for a few hours at a time while this junk is being downloaded. 

Filters for spam are great, you can even block certain people from sending you email, but as far as I know there is nothing out there that filters out these unwanted things from people you want to keep on your email list.

Anyway those futuristic ideas are pretty cool, but a more practical one I think would be the email idea.

Written By: Howard on 04/10/10 at 1:24 pm

Sex Robots. O0

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/10/10 at 6:05 pm

I really wish they'd hurry up and invent jetpacks or some other form of personal zero-gravity device.  ;)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 04/10/10 at 6:15 pm

Flying cars!

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/11/10 at 1:45 am

Self-driving cars. I hate driving, so I am really looking forward to the day the cars can take me where I want to go, and I can just sit back and relax, and even sleep. This would be especially helpful for late night drives, and when I'm drunk.

Written By: Howard on 04/11/10 at 6:36 am

3D Computers.

Written By: whistledog on 04/11/10 at 6:38 am

Self-driving cars. I hate driving, so I am really looking forward to the day the cars can take me where I want to go, and I can just sit back and relax, and even sleep.

Lazy bastard :P

Written By: Howard on 04/11/10 at 6:40 am

Self driving buses and trains.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/11/10 at 1:52 pm

Self-driving cars. I hate driving, so I am really looking forward to the day the cars can take me where I want to go, and I can just sit back and relax, and even sleep. This would be especially helpful for late night drives, and when I'm drunk.

I wouldn't have a huge problem with a self-driving car so long as I still had the option to have total manual control over it. I love driving so much that if they invented a self-driving car and subsequently made it illegal for me to drive it myself then I'd probably want to kill myself.

Written By: Howard on 04/14/10 at 6:29 am

How about remotes that control your whole entire house?

Written By: MrCleveland on 04/14/10 at 2:02 pm

That and something like that "Family Guy" episode where Stewie and Brian go to many worlds.

I wonder how the world would be if The Great Library was never destroyed?

Written By: Superflykid2008 on 04/14/10 at 8:59 pm

3D Computers.

3DTV are alreay in production, so expect 3D computers within the decade...

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/15/10 at 3:02 am

Sex Robots. O0

You mean like, Fembots?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Fembots_2_APIMOM.jpg

Written By: Howard on 04/15/10 at 6:34 am

You mean like, Fembots?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/44/Fembots_2_APIMOM.jpg

Sure,Why Not.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/15/10 at 6:51 pm

I bet they have buttons you can press. ^  :D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/15/10 at 9:06 pm

Hopefully, no killer robots! ;D

Well, at least one of us is gonna get our wish!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/16/10 at 12:55 pm

I bet they have buttons you can press. ^  :D

And if you press them in the right sequence you'll ring her bell and win a prize.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/16/10 at 2:04 pm

And if you press them in the right sequence you'll ring her bell and win a prize.  ;)

I don't see bells on a fembot?  Unless you're referring to?.....

:o

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/16/10 at 3:20 pm

I don't see bells on a fembot?  Unless you're referring to?.....

:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0PamtXZO70

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/16/10 at 10:42 pm

I want a hovercar, a robot like Rosie in the Jetsons, and someway to bring my mom, MJ, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and George Brent back. (or clone the last four). Can't duplicate my mom.  :)

And give the clones to me.  ;D

Written By: Frank on 04/17/10 at 1:55 am

Press a button, and I'm in Tokyo. or Rome...or prevent the Kennedy assassinations.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/10 at 5:25 am

Press a button, and I'm in Tokyo. or Rome...or prevent the Kennedy assassinations.

I'd like to press a button and there I am at work.

Written By: danootaandme on 04/17/10 at 5:27 am

The self cleaning house, one that picks up and hangs up my clothes and stuff like that.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/10 at 5:28 am

The self cleaning house, one that picks up and hangs up my clothes and stuff like that.

I'd love to see that.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 04/17/10 at 8:12 am

Cool beans, then I can go and be stuck i n the 80s! ;D

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/10 at 9:36 am

I wanna press a button and be zapped in and out of a bank vault without the eyes of a camera watching me :D

Written By: Howard on 04/17/10 at 2:21 pm

I wanna press a button and be zapped in and out of a bank vault without the eyes of a camera watching me :D

I hope that'll never happen.

Written By: whistledog on 04/17/10 at 7:58 pm

I hope that'll never happen.

What about pressing a button and ending up in her bed ...

http://www.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kim-kardashian-music-album.jpg

Written By: gibbo on 04/17/10 at 8:19 pm

http://www.hollywire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/kim-kardashian-music-album.jpg

I'm not fussy...any room (or piece of furniture) of hers would do!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 04/18/10 at 6:41 am

me so horny,me love her long time!  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/18/10 at 1:21 pm

I want them to invent an invisibility cloak.

Then, all the local perverts and I can go down to the local college and hang out in the locker room after women's basketball games.  :o :o :o

Written By: tv on 04/18/10 at 1:24 pm

now thats my dream woman right there!

Written By: nupur on 04/18/10 at 3:28 pm

I want teleportation to become a reality. Image how much time we'd all save?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/18/10 at 3:54 pm

I'd certainly be out of a job.  :(

Written By: Howard on 04/18/10 at 6:57 pm

save a lot of money on public transportation.

Written By: Howard on 04/18/10 at 6:58 pm

I want them to invent an invisibility cloak.

Then, all the local perverts and I can go down to the local college and hang out in the locker room after women's basketball games.  :o :o :o

May I join?  ;)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/18/10 at 10:06 pm

May I join?  ;)

Are you kidding? You're one of the first people I'd invite!  :D

Written By: Howard on 04/19/10 at 6:41 am

Are you kidding? You're one of the first people I'd invite!  :D

from the bottom of my heart,I thank you! O0

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/19/10 at 10:37 am

from the bottom of my heart,I thank you! O0

Right on!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Written By: Howard on 04/19/10 at 1:50 pm

Right on!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

So,When are we going?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 04/19/10 at 1:54 pm

So,When are we going?

Just as soon as they invent the invisibility cloak.

Which could be in 6 months or another 20 years from now.  :P

Written By: Howard on 04/19/10 at 2:03 pm

Just as soon as they invent the invisibility cloak.

Which could be in 6 months or another 20 years from now.  :P

I'll be 55 by the time they invent it.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/19/10 at 4:53 pm

I want a machine that will take care of ALL of our chores and responsibilities, so that we can focus on the only thing that really matters in life -- fun, excitement, entertainment, jopy, life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness! And invincible machine that runs on its own and never, ever breaks down or needs fixing. A machine that doesn't depend on our obligations, other than inventing the damn thing and then sitting back and enjoying the ride.  8)

TVs in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio (2.39:1 / 2.40:1). It would be 4608 x 1920 resolution (1920p). It would be 21.6:9. You'd be able to watch a movies like Star Trek, Halloween, Jaws, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Batman Begins without dealing with the black bars AT ALL. Not that they're a problem on 16:9 HDTVs, but it would still be pretty cool. I don't know if it means that directors would make their future films even wider, but Scope TV would be cool. Of course, you'd get pillarboxed 16:9 and 1.85:1 movies and shows, while 4:3 would have much larger pillars than it already has. Maybe Blu-ray would follow suit with this... "Blu-ray Plus?" "Super Blu-ray?"

A time machine so that I can go back in time and prevent Rob Zombie from being hired for Halloween II... thus preventing Daeg Faerch from being replaced as Young Michael Myers. Or maybe be on set watching John Carpenter film the original Halloween.

Written By: nupur on 04/19/10 at 5:58 pm

I want a machine that will take care of ALL of our chores and responsibilities, so that we can focus on the only thing that really matters in life -- fun, excitement, entertainment, jopy, life, liberty, and the persuit of happiness! And invincible machine that runs on its own and never, ever breaks down or needs fixing. A machine that doesn't depend on our obligations, other than inventing the damn thing and then sitting back and enjoying the ride.  8)

TVs in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio (2.39:1 / 2.40:1). It would be 4608 x 1920 resolution (1920p). It would be 21.6:9. You'd be able to watch a movies like Star Trek, Halloween, Jaws, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and Batman Begins without dealing with the black bars AT ALL. Not that they're a problem on 16:9 HDTVs, but it would still be pretty cool. I don't know if it means that directors would make their future films even wider, but Scope TV would be cool. Of course, you'd get pillarboxed 16:9 and 1.85:1 movies and shows, while 4:3 would have much larger pillars than it already has. Maybe Blu-ray would follow suit with this... "Blu-ray Plus?" "Super Blu-ray?"

A time machine so that I can go back in time and prevent Rob Zombie from being hired for Halloween II... thus preventing Daeg Faerch from being replaced as Young Michael Myers. Or maybe be on set watching John Carpenter film the original Halloween.

Yeah, it would be cool to be able to witness any moment in history or the future.

Written By: 10sTeen on 04/22/10 at 10:24 am

hoverboard!

Written By: Howard on 04/22/10 at 6:54 pm

The talking KITT car.

Written By: Howard on 05/05/10 at 7:00 pm

That shouldn't be to difficult today.

That would be great,sort of like a GPS.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/05/10 at 7:15 pm

How about electric powered grocery buggies?  That would make shopping so much easier.  Put GPS (Grocery Positioning System) on them too, so you can find the items you need faster.  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/05/10 at 8:00 pm

How about electric powered grocery buggies?  That would make shopping so much easier.  Put GPS (Grocery Positioning System) on them too, so you can find the items you need faster.  8)

hey that's not bad,I like that idea. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...