inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How do people find out about the latest trends?

Written By: Natasha on 05/04/10 at 12:27 pm

How is one to know what is "hip", "trendy", "cool", etc. nowadays?

I am 30 (soon 31) and, for about 10 years, I was too busy studying and too isolated and depressed to really follow popular culture. Now I have more time (PhD completed, married life organized, soon to settle-down in a city I love), and I feel a little better psychologically, so I would like to be up to date again.

However, I have no idea how.

MUSIC

In my heyday, all the cool, new music was played by MTV, so it was very easy to gain a pretty comprehensive overview with basically zero effort. But now people go “look” for their music online. My problem is that I keep "looking" for the music and artists I already know. How do young people keep up to date?

Also, most 30-somethings where I live seem so mature, settled down and middle-class: probably not very reliable sources.

And most non-specialized commercial radio stations just sound retarded.

FASHION

This issue is less of a problem than the music because I care less about fashion than I do about music, and because I can look at how people dress around me. However, I live in a real fashion nightmare of a city, so I am not exactly surrounded by edgy coolness or suave sophistication.

Magazines are useless at showing me what is really trendy among normal people, while “streetstyle blogs” seem devoted to showcasing weird or plain ugly “fashion” created by randomly combining mismatched things.

So, the message I get is that, in fashion and in music, “anything goes”. And that one has to go “look” for their own personal style or taste.

But how is one to know what is new, popular, worthy or liked by others without having to spend endless hours aimlessly surfing the web, and without reverting to what one already knows and likes?

Thanks and, please, be gentle with me: I am just coming out of a long and tough depression, so I may sound a little outlandish. :)

PS: I apologize for my poor writing style, but English is not my mother tongue.

Subject: Re: How do people find out about the latest trends?

Written By: superflykid2008 on 05/04/10 at 2:26 pm

How is one to know what is "hip", "trendy", "cool", etc. nowadays?

I am 30 (soon 31) and, for about 10 years, I was too busy studying and too isolated and depressed to really follow popular culture. Now I have more time (PhD completed, married life organized, soon to settle-down in a city I love), and I feel a little better psychologically, so I would like to be up to date again.

However, I have no idea how.

MUSIC

In my heyday, all the cool, new music was played by MTV, so it was very easy to gain a pretty comprehensive overview with basically zero effort. But now people go “look” for their music online. My problem is that I keep "looking" for the music and artists I already know. How do young people keep up to date?

Also, most 30-somethings where I live seem so mature, settled down and middle-class: probably not very reliable sources.

And most non-specialized commercial radio stations just sound retarded.

FASHION

This issue is less of a problem than the music because I care less about fashion than I do about music, and because I can look at how people dress around me. However, I live in a real fashion nightmare of a city, so I am not exactly surrounded by edgy coolness or suave sophistication.

Magazines are useless at showing me what is really trendy among normal people, while “streetstyle blogs” seem devoted to showcasing weird or plain ugly “fashion” created by randomly combining mismatched things.

So, the message I get is that, in fashion and in music, “anything goes”. And that one has to go “look” for their own personal style or taste.

But how is one to know what is new, popular, worthy or liked by others without having to spend endless hours aimlessly surfing the web, and without reverting to what one already knows and likes?

Thanks and, please, be gentle with me: I am just coming out of a long and tough depression, so I may sound a little outlandish. :)

I don't mean to be rude, but you're 30, not 13; why do you really care about keeping up with the latest trends and studd. I', in college, and while I do still keep up with some new stuff, and starting to grow out of it...kinda. lol Anyways, we younger people usually don't watch so much MTV as people used to in the 80s and 90s. How do we keep up? Pretty much through the radio, and intenet via, iTunes (which pretty much tells you all of the new stuff coming out), and websites, such as Youtube/Vevo (who usually advetises the latest music videos).  Fasion wise, I caqn't tell you what is popular for someone in their 30s; I usually wear graphic tees, ripped jeans, occasionally slim leg jeans (which is sorta an inbetween skinny jeans and normal jeans), and worn type looking jeans. However, just go to the mall one day, and see what other people are wearing (or if you wanna be risky, watch a music video from a somewhat down to earth artist). But all in all, most people these days really don't care for the most part, unless you're wearing something that is obviously way out there...I assume you know where to draw the line...

Written By: Howard on 05/04/10 at 2:40 pm

Just look around you Natasha,find out what people are wearing,find out what people are listening to these days those sort of things.

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/10 at 6:26 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but you're 30, not 13; why do you really care about keeping up with the latest trends and studd. I', in college, and while I do still keep up with some new stuff, and starting to grow out of it...kinda. lol Anyways (look up anyways in a dictionary and it will tell you to see "anyway", we younger people usually don't watch so (as) much MTV as people used to in the 80s and 90s. How do we keep up? Pretty much through the radio, and intenet via, iTunes (which pretty much tells you all of the new stuff coming out), and websites, such as Youtube/Vevo (who which usually advetises the latest music videos).  Fasion wise, I caqn't tell you what is popular for someone in their 30s; I usually wear graphic tees, ripped jeans, occasionally slim leg jeans (which is sorta an inbetween skinny jeans and normal jeans), and worn type looking jeans. However, just go to the mall one day, and see what other people are wearing (or, if you wanna be risky, watch a music video from a somewhat down to earth artist). But, all in all, most people these days really don't care, for the most part, unless you're wearing something that is obviously way out there...I assume you know where to draw the line...

You're in college?  :o 

Written By: Jessica on 05/04/10 at 7:09 pm

You're in college?  :o 

Not to mention he makes all of us in the 30 and up crowd sound like we need to be locked away in a nursing home.

Damned kids and their newfangled ideas....

Written By: gibbo on 05/04/10 at 7:22 pm

Not to mention he makes all of us in the 30 and up crowd sound like we need to be locked away in a nursing home.

Damned kids and their newfangled ideas....

Yeah...if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!!  >:(   

Written By: Jessica on 05/04/10 at 7:31 pm

Yeah...if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!!  >:(   

*shakes cane at superflysquid*

Written By: snozberries on 05/04/10 at 9:46 pm

I need a smiley where I just laughed so hard my dentures fell out.

Btw jess, I'm in my 40s so,by the time I finished correcting the post,  :PI forgot to address the agism. 

Written By: Midas on 05/04/10 at 9:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waweQQRirfA

Written By: Natasha on 05/04/10 at 11:56 pm

I don't mean to be rude, but you're 30, not 13; why do you really care about keeping up with the latest trends and studd.

You were not rude, just naturally curious. For two main reasons, I think:

1) After such a prolonged hard time, it is nice to come out and smell the flowers again, so to speak. :) And one feeling I really missed during my depression was being able to connect with the rest of mankind and with my peers, being a part of a whole, at least to a point. Not being so isolated. I am very individualistic by nature, so being my own person and thinking independently has never been a problem for me. Rather, my problem and objective, at the moment, is slowly returning to society and finding my own niche, a small place where I belong, also socially.

2) I fear you misunderstood me: By no means do I wish to be a queen bee, a teenage diva or some such. You are perfectly right: I am 30, not 13. :) But a peculiar thing about being 30 is that, at my age, people seem to be very different and varied: Some are still like 20-year-olds, while others are very much settled down and mature, almost middle-aged in their ways. It is a transitional age. Personally, I have been so busy and out of it that I cannot really place myself anywhere slong this continuum yet. So, although I would not jump right on any trendy bandwagon and embrace everything like a tragic teenager-wannabe, I would still like to feel in touch with what is new, what is thrilling and interesting, what is enthusing people right now. Heck, my dad is 60 and more in touch than I am! In a lively big city, keeping in touch and up to date, as well as finding more people like me, would not be a major problem, but I still have four months left in this slightly provincial, slightly isolated medium-sized city before moving back to a "real" big city. And trying to be an academic at my age is isolating, too, because you are not one of the young "hipster" college kids any more, but also not a settled-down professional in the 'burbs. And now I would really like to get out of this limbo and start living in the real world.

I', in college, and while I do still keep up with some new stuff, and starting to grow out of it...kinda. lol Anyways, we younger people usually don't watch so much MTV as people used to in the 80s and 90s.

I am aware of that, which is precisely why I asked for alternatives.

How do we keep up? Pretty much through the radio, and intenet via, iTunes (which pretty much tells you all of the new stuff coming out), and websites, such as Youtube/Vevo (who usually advetises the latest music videos).

Thank you very much for your help. There is one contemporary artist I really like, though: Lady Gaga. Other than that, I am very confused.

1) Radio

I tried last year and all I heard was rubbish such as “I kissed a girl and I liked it”, “If you want it, you have got to put a ring on it” and some unhealthy-sounding young woman (I was later told she is called Amy Winehouse, or Whinehouse - I cannot remember) screaming huskily, “no, no, no rehab no no no”. All of which would not even have been an option in my primitive 20’s, let alone now. ;)

Other than that dubious rubbish, all they keep playing in my city is country (not bad, but not exactly ground breaking), Hip Hop (not my kettle of fish) or Hispanic melodic pop/folk songs. Not very helpful, as you can see.

2) Internet

I understand that the internet has taken the place of MTV, now, but how is one to get to know what is new? Which leads to your next recommendation: I-Tunes.

3) I-Tunes

Interesting, thanks! :D I do not have an IPod (just a Sony Walkman MP3 player), so I never visited ITunes. Do you need a subscription to check out the new songs? Do they have a list of new releases or so? Any info is greatly appreciated until I find a few minutes to check it out myself.

4) Youtube

My problem with Youtube is that I only look for the artists and songs I already know, thus getting stuck in a comfortable but slightly disheartening “oldies spiral”, a catch 22, a 90’s/early 00’s time warp.

Fasion wise, I caqn't tell you what is popular for someone in their 30s; I usually wear graphic tees, ripped jeans, occasionally slim leg jeans (which is sorta an inbetween skinny jeans and normal jeans), and worn type looking jeans. However, just go to the mall one day, and see what other people are wearing (or if you wanna be risky, watch a music video from a somewhat down to earth artist). But all in all, most people these days really don't care for the most part, unless you're wearing something that is obviously way out there...I assume you know where to draw the line...

Yes, maybe the music videos are a better idea than the mall (thank you again), since the malls here are populated by a crowd that does not fit my target (packs of very young teens or excessively “proper” and bland middle-aged people). Then there are the young Hispanics who dress like a slightly updated version of the Latin pop singers of the 90’s (and I definitely do not need any more 90’s inspiration, since that is exactly what I am trying to avoid), and the Hip Hop crowd with their unique, special style. But what is a mainstream Caucasian 30-year-old woman to wear in order to be a little in keeping with the times? I normally shop at Banana Republic or Esprit, but I always look so office-stiff. Ok, I will try the music videos trick, and I will also look into an updated model of jeans. Thanks.

I guess I should also go to clubs, but here all they seem to play is hip hop or country, while I like electro-pop, electronic dance music and slightly artsy, non-macho rock (or whatever version of those genres is trendy now).

Written By: Natasha on 05/05/10 at 12:19 am

Embedded Youtube video

Thank you so much for the sweet video: It cheered me up and made me smile! :) I will definitely follow that piece of advice (and perhaps go out and grill me a salmon fillet, since I am at it - the video made me hungry). :)

PS: And my thanks to everyone for all the excellent tips. When I was a young(er), I was probably even more ageist than superflykid2008, so I will cut him/her some slack. ;)

Written By: Natasha on 05/05/10 at 12:34 am

@ superflykid2008:

Oh, I had almost missed your reccomendation that I check out Vevo. I had never heard about it, but I have chekced it out and I really like it! :) Thanks a million, superflykid2008! :)

Written By: superflykid2008 on 05/05/10 at 1:08 am

You were not rude, just naturally curious. For two main reasons, I think:

1) After such a prolonged hard time, it is nice to come out and smell the flowers again, so to speak. :) And one feeling I really missed during my depression was being able to connect with the rest of mankind and with my peers, being a part of a whole, at least to a point. Not being so isolated. I am very individualistic by nature, so being my own person and thinking independently has never been a problem for me. Rather, my problem and objective, at the moment, is slowly returning to society and finding my own niche, a small place where I belong, also socially.

2) I fear you misunderstood me: By no means do I wish to be a queen bee, a teenage diva or some such. You are perfectly right: I am 30, not 13. :) But a peculiar thing about being 30 is that, at my age, people seem to be very different and varied: Some are still like 20-year-olds, while others are very much settled down and mature, almost middle-aged in their ways. It is a transitional age. Personally, I have been so busy and out of it that I cannot really place myself anywhere slong this continuum yet. So, although I would not jump right on any trendy bandwagon and embrace everything like a tragic teenager-wannabe, I would still like to feel in touch with what is new, what is thrilling and interesting, what is enthusing people right now. Heck, my dad is 60 and more in touch than I am! In a lively big city, keeping in touch and up to date, as well as finding more people like me, would not be a major problem, but I still have four months left in this slightly provincial, slightly isolated medium-sized city before moving back to a "real" big city. And trying to be an academic at my age is isolating, too, because you are not one of the young "hipster" college kids any more, but also not a settled-down professional in the 'burbs. And now I would really like to get out of this limbo and start living in the real world.

I am aware of that, which is precisely why I asked for alternatives.

Thank you very much for your help. There is one contemporary artist I really like, though: Lady Gaga. Other than that, I am very confused.

1) Radio

I tried last year and all I heard was rubbish such as “I kissed a girl and I liked it”, “If you want it, you have got to put a ring on it” and some unhealthy-sounding young woman (I was later told she is called Amy Winehouse, or Whinehouse - I cannot remember) screaming huskily, “no, no, no rehab no no no”. All of which would not even have been an option in my primitive 20’s, let alone now. ;)

Other than that dubious rubbish, all they keep playing in my city is country (not bad, but not exactly ground breaking), Hip Hop (not my kettle of fish) or Hispanic melodic pop/folk songs. Not very helpful, as you can see.

2) Internet

I understand that the internet has taken the place of MTV, now, but how is one to get to know what is new? Which leads to your next recommendation: I-Tunes.

3) I-Tunes

Interesting, thanks! :D I do not have an IPod (just a Sony Walkman MP3 player), so I never visited ITunes. Do you need a subscription to check out the new songs? Do they have a list of new releases or so? Any info is greatly appreciated until I find a few minutes to check it out myself.

4) Youtube

My problem with Youtube is that I only look for the artists and songs I already know, thus getting stuck in a comfortable but slightly disheartening “oldies spiral”, a catch 22, a 90’s/early 00’s time warp.

Yes, maybe the music videos are a better idea than the mall (thank you again), since the malls here are populated by a crowd that does not fit my target (packs of very young teens or excessively “proper” and bland middle-aged people). Then there are the young Hispanics who dress like a slightly updated version of the Latin pop singers of the 90’s (and I definitely do not need any more 90’s inspiration, since that is exactly what I am trying to avoid), and the Hip Hop crowd with their unique, special style. But what is a mainstream Caucasian 30-year-old woman to wear in order to be a little in keeping with the times? I normally shop at Banana Republic or Esprit, but I always look so office-stiff. Ok, I will try the music videos trick, and I will also look into an updated model of jeans. Thanks.

I guess I should also go to clubs, but here all they seem to play is hip hop or country, while I like electro-pop, electronic dance music and slightly artsy, non-macho rock (or whatever version of those genres is trendy now).

2) Well, iTunes and Vevo, since the radio isn't working for you.
3) I think iTunes formats the songs in a certain file, so maybe iTunes might not be the best after all, since you have a different type of mp3 player.
4)well, try out Vevo instead of YouTube then. Vevo usually advertises new stuff, and they're generally more varried than just stuff you might hear on the radio. It's pretty cool.

Ummm....as dar as clubs go, you can try it if you want. But most clubs I know are pretty top 40, so I usually only go every once in a few months lol...but try it out, I guess....

Written By: Natasha on 05/05/10 at 1:13 am

Ummm....as dar as clubs go, you can try it if you want. But most clubs I know are pretty top 40, so I usually only go every once in a few months lol...but try it out, I guess....

Yes, that is precisely what is turning me off, I guess. Thank you so much! :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 1:55 am

I love it when guests respond to themselves  ::)

Written By: Natasha on 05/05/10 at 2:28 am

I love it when guests respond to themselves  ::)

Pardon? Have you taken your pills today?  :)

I took mine and they worked wonders (the depression is gone).

And you really enticed me to register, with your reaction.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/05/10 at 12:42 pm

This is a really bizarre thread. 

Written By: Jessica on 05/05/10 at 1:10 pm

You just don't get it because you're OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD.

*passes Ash a Werther's*

And I DID take my pills this morning.  Sadly, they don't help with my chronic bitchitis.

Written By: Henk on 05/05/10 at 1:42 pm

Poor writing style? What? Where?

English not your mother tongue? ... I wonder what IS then.

Subject: Re: Why do people even care about the latest trends?

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 2:57 pm

Sarcasm, perhaps?  I haven't seen them register yet.  :)

FTR, I don't find anything wrong with searching/being into music that isn't "current".  You'll find that a lot of the members here feel the same way.

Written By: Midas on 05/05/10 at 2:57 pm

Sez the one who asks if we wish our girlfriends were hot like Bea  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 3:59 pm

*passes Ash a Werther's*

And I DID take my pills this morning.  Sadly, they don't help with my chronic bitchitis.

no no no...pass her spice candy and get her a blanket for her lap... cuz she probably has a chill.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/05/10 at 4:07 pm

Sez the one who asks if we wish our girlfriends were hot like Bea  :D

no no no...pass her spice candy and get her a blanket for her lap... cuz she probably has a chill.  ;D

I effing rule.

Written By: Henk on 05/05/10 at 4:29 pm

Who, me? Never!

Written By: snozberries on 05/05/10 at 4:36 pm

FTR, I don't find anything wrong with searching/being into music that isn't "current".  You'll find that a lot of the members here feel the same way.

I'm waiting for the same thing!!!

Written By: Howard on 05/05/10 at 6:57 pm

I effing rule.

And yes you do.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/05/10 at 6:58 pm

I know it is.  ::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/05/10 at 10:35 pm

See, Howard understands me.  That's all I need.

I love you Howard.

Written By: Natasha on 05/06/10 at 1:05 am

*passes Ash a Werther's*

:) If you ever find a cure, let me know, since I may suffer from it myself.

But my question was not directed to you, unfortunately. Instead, it was directed to snozberries, who seems to be suffering from chronic rashness of judgment. And, perhaps, also from a severe case of forum paranoia (also known as the "Sherlock syndrome"), whose most evident symptom is reaching conclusions about the identity of unregistered "guest" users based on insufficient data. The patients often end up looking like an utter fools.

During my 15 years of online conversation, Sherlock syndrome sufferers have concluded that I (among other things):

- pretend to be a woman but am, in fact, a man;
- pretend to be a woman but am, in fact, a transexual;
- pretend to be a woman but am, in fact, a gay man;
- pretend to be Italian but am, in fact, American;
- pretend to be Italian but am, in fact, Swedish;
- pretend to be Italian but am, in fact, German;
- that what I had just written in Italian to prove my nationality had, in fact, been translated with Altavista Babel Fish;
- that I was an undercover “Freeper” (whatever that is) pretending to be a moderate centrist in politics;
- that I was an undercover socialist pretending to be a conservative in politics;
- and now, last but not least, that I am replying to my own posts under another nickname.

Written By: Natasha on 05/06/10 at 1:06 am

Like utter fools, I meant. And now I look like un utter fool as well! :)

Written By: Natasha on 05/06/10 at 1:10 am

I am Italian. My native language is Italian. I am currently living in Tucson, AZ, but I will soon move back to Europe.

My real name is obviously not "Natasha", but I fancy sounding like a Russian spy of yore! ;)

Written By: Natasha on 05/06/10 at 1:26 am

I don't find anything wrong with searching/being into music that isn't "current".  You'll find that a lot of the members here feel the same way.

I don't see anything "wrong" with it either, but I don't want to get stuck in an "oldies" time warp just because I am in my 30's and a little disconnected from reality. Doing that would be an excessively self-indulgent way to age, I feel. :) Instead, I enjoy the challenge, effort and ridicule of being an impending old geezer who is trying to keep abreast of the lastest developments in fashion and popular culture. ;)

Written By: Natasha on 05/06/10 at 1:49 am

Anyway, I realize that it was very naïve of me to be sincere about my situation and my past psychological problems, to ask for advice and to expect to be taken seriously.

Obviously, some forum users enjoy being cruel while hiding behind their cowardly shroud of anonymity. (And don't be fooled: being registered with a random nickname is just as anonymous as being called "Guest" or “Natasha”.) So, I will leave you to your silly power games and group mobbing against newcomers.

I wish you a world of fun with your paranoid conjectures and scaring away all new guest users with your sarcasm (which is also called "the passive aggressiveness of cowards").

And to think that I had even asked you explicitly to be gentle with me because of my problems, which caused me great suffering in the past.

Best regards,
"Natasha"

Written By: Howard on 05/06/10 at 6:16 am

See, Howard understands me.  That's all I need.

I love you Howard.

I love you too,virtually.

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 9:01 am

You sure hit that nail on the head.  Probably because you effing rule.

Anyway, I realize that it was very naïve of me to be sincere about my situation and my past psychological problems, to ask for advice and to expect to be taken seriously.

Obviously, some forum users enjoy being cruel while hiding behind their cowardly shroud of anonymity. (And don't be fooled: being registered with a random nickname is just as anonymous as being called "Guest" or “Natasha”.) So, I will leave you to your silly power games and group mobbing against newcomers.

I wish you a world of fun with your paranoid conjectures and scaring away all new guest users with your sarcasm (which is also called "the passive aggressiveness of cowards").

And to think that I had even asked you explicitly to be gentle with me because of my problems, which caused me great suffering in the past.

Best regards,
"Natasha"

Sorry you feel that way.  Hope you're enjoying the heat! :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 11:06 am

But my question was not directed to you, unfortunately. Instead, it was directed to snozberries, who seems to be suffering from chronic rashness of judgment. And, perhaps, also from a severe case of forum paranoia (also known as the "Sherlock syndrome"), whose most evident symptom is reaching conclusions about the identity of unregistered "guest" users based on insufficient data. The patients often end up looking like an utter fools.

During my 15 years of online conversation, Sherlock syndrome sufferers have concluded that I (among other things):

- that what I had just written in Italian to prove my nationality had, in fact, been translated with Altavista Babel Fish;
- that I was an undercover “Freeper” (whatever that is) pretending to be a moderate centrist in politics;
- that I was an undercover socialist pretending to be a conservative in politics;
- and now, last but not least, that I am replying to my own posts under another nickname.

Chronic rashness of judgment? 

You come here- post a question that has been posted in one form or another about 1100 times but I don't mind because you posted as a guest so you can't possibly know that this topic has been discussed to death...

I was going to ignore your post but- superlamekid or whatever his name is- (who has posted very similar threads as a guest for the past couple of months) comes in an, in my opinion, is rude to you...  he Simon Cowell it if he wants too but I found it rude.... Anyone who has been around the boards awhile knows that ageism is one of my triggers... I hate the terms old and middle-aged...that's just me...

so I had some fun with someone who's been annoying not just me but several members on this board.

Then you come back and not only revel in the fact he called you old- you continue to write long drawn out replies to every detail of his post.
Usually when this happens its a sign- at least has been in the past- of one person having a conversation with one self... If I'm wrong (and I'm still not sure that I am) then I am wrong...

I'm not sorry...  I'm just wrong.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 11:22 am

We have had people come here and talk about drug issues, alcohol issues, food issues, social issues....you name it; we had it actually we have it... but I digress....

you talking about your psychological issues is your choice... but in regards to being judged by them I actually forgot I read that part until you asked me if I took my pills.... a judgmental assumption in it's own right wouldn't you say?

yes, yes... occasionally we toy with n00bs but only when they do things to draw our attention to them... had you reacted the way we did to you being called old  (ie reasonably annoyed)...none of this would've transpired the way that it did. 

While messing with trolls is a favorite past time for many of us.... we generally welcome newcomers with open arms... but since you haven't joined the boards yet you are not a new comer...  as for guests? guests we are more wary of because people who continually post but never join the boards do have something to hide....call that paranoia if you will but there have been enough banned members come back and harass us as guests to warrant a little "paranoia"

Best regards,
"Natasha

yeah again... our issues have nothing to do with your problems...

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 11:28 am

And don't be fooled: being registered with a random nickname is just as anonymous as being called "Guest" or “Natasha”.)

meant to add...

even though this forum lists 1447 members...there is a core group who have actually taken this thing virtual. There have been many members who have met in person- so yeah... for the most part... we do know who we are dealing with.

Most of the members rule! There are some, not many, that  I don't like for various reasons but, just like in life, I stay away from them until  I can't avoid an issue any longer.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 11:52 am

I've literally met every person on this thread besides superflykid and Natasha.  And they all effing rule.  They're crazy lunatics, but they effing rule.  And yes, I am totally making fun of their psychological problems, just as I routinely make fun of my own.  If you can't laugh at yourself, go laugh at someone else!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 11:56 am

You just totally reminded me of Andria right here.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:01 pm

I've literally met every person on this thread besides superflykid and Natasha.  And they all effing rule.  They're crazy lunatics, but they effing rule.  And yes, I am totally making fun of their psychological problems, just as I routinely make fun of my own.  If you can't laugh at yourself, go laugh at someone else!

YOU MET HOWARD??? Do tell!!!! :D  (and unless I missed a mini-meet in Holland) you missed Henk's post... but I know you met everyone else!!! And I'm jealous...tho Midas will not be able to use his wedding as an excuse the next time in AZ!  :P
And next time Jess makes it back to Cali I will happily go for waffles with her too!

What psychological problems? I'm obviously perfect!!!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:01 pm

I know right.... hey Ash! That makes you the Watson to my Sherlock!!!  8)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 12:10 pm

YOU MET HOWARD??? Do tell!!!! :D   (and unless I missed a mini-meet in Holland) you missed Henk's post... but I know you met everyone else!!! And I'm jealous...tho Midas will not be able to use his wedding as an excuse the next time in AZ!  :P
And next time Jess makes it back to Cali I will happily go for waffles with her too!

Oh hell.  Well I met them in my heart.  That counts.

You lunatic.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 12:13 pm

I like that.  I love being the loveable sidekick.  I am the Hufflepuff to your Slytherin, the Gus to your Shawn, the jelly to your peanut butter.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:24 pm

Oh hell.  Well I met them in my heart.  That counts.

You lunatic.

Just keeping you honest!  :-*

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:25 pm

I like that.  I love being the loveable sidekick.  I am the Hufflepuff to your Slytherin, the Gus to your Shawn, the jelly to your peanut butter.  :D

mmmm peanut butter!!!!

The Shirley to my Laverne?
Ethel to my Lucy???? wait... I think you might be more of a Lucy  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:32 pm

Well look at that... two of the thee people currently online I have met in person and I'm meeting the third one in Sept!!!

Users Online  3 Guests, 4 Users (3 Buddies)

Users active in past 5 minutes:
snozberries, *Ash*, karen, CatwomanofV

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 12:33 pm

mmmm peanut butter!!!!

The Shirley to my Laverne?
Ethel to my Lucy???? wait... I think you might be more of a Lucy  ;D

Why?  Because I just wanna be in the show?  Because I can eat more chocolate than anyone you know?  Because I am a world champion whiner?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 12:34 pm

Just keeping you honest!  :-*

Somebody needs to!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 12:37 pm

Why?  Because I just wanna be in the show?  Because I can eat more chocolate than anyone you know?  Because I am a world champion whiner?

because you are more apt to get yourself into some wacky situation than I am you goofball!  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/10 at 12:56 pm

The silliness of this thread can only be multiplied by this:

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 1:02 pm

:o :o :o

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/arrrrrgh.gif

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/10 at 1:08 pm

:o :o :o

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/arrrrrgh.gif

I love this. ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 1:14 pm

I love this. ;D

Careful! Don't make her mad or she'll have you

BANNED
FOR
LIFE!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 1:19 pm

BANNED
FOR
LIFE!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

that's right...what with her close personal relationship with Chucky and all!  ;D

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 1:20 pm

YOU MET HOWARD??? Do tell!!!! :D   (and unless I missed a mini-meet in Holland) you missed Henk's post... but I know you met everyone else!!! And I'm jealous...tho Midas will not be able to use his wedding as an excuse the next time in AZ!  :P

You could've crashed the wedding and hung with the celebrities that are Mr. & Mrs. Midas  8)

Srsly though, next time you have a trip planned for the Valley, let me know :)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 1:21 pm

You could've crashed the wedding and hung with the celebrities that are Mr. & Mrs. Midas  8)

Srsly though, next time you have a trip planned for the Valley, let me know :)

it's funny you say that because I told someone, I forget who, but I told someone I was tempted to crash the wedding!  ;D

and I totally will let you know when I'm there.... now that I have the new dog my mother is desperate for a visit but I don't want to come in the summer...cuz you know... Its hotter than hades and schtuff!

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 1:26 pm

it's funny you say that because I told someone, I forget who, but I told someone I was tempted to crash the wedding!  ;D

and I totally will let you know when I'm there.... now that I have the new dog my mother is desperate for a visit but I don't want to come in the summer...cuz you know... Its hotter than hades and schtuff!

;D  See you in November?  :D

That was a busy week for us.  I was booked pretty much all week.  'twas fun though!

Back OT, I often check out Billboard charts online to see what's the latest in Top 40 & Dance music, just to stay current and then I usually check out the song on youtube or mp3 or whatever.  I dig most Electro-sounding tracks.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 1:38 pm

;D  See you in November?  :D

That was a busy week for us.  I was booked pretty much all week.  'twas fun though!

Back OT, I often check out Billboard charts online to see what's the latest in Top 40 & Dance music, just to stay current and then I usually check out the song on youtube or mp3 or whatever.  I dig most Electro-sounding tracks.

Sounds like a plan!

I often come here to learn schtuff... that's how I learned about autotune.. first I thought that was just T-Pain's style, you know singing electronically,  but then I found out via the We Are the World thread that the process of electronic vocal alteration is called Auto Tune and
that everybody and there brother seem to be into Auto Tune now...its kinda like the portable synthesizer in the 80s all the bands had 'em... okay not literally all... but a lot did...

http://www.synthfind.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/shs10r.jpg 

Hell on Glee last week they did a remake of Physical with Olivia Newton John and Jane Lynch and there was autotune in that!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 1:43 pm

Sounds like a plan!

I often come here to learn schtuff... that's how I learned about autotune.. first I thought that was just T-Pain's style, you know singing electronically,  but then I found out via the We Are the World thread that the process of electronic vocal alteration is called Auto Tune and
that everybody and there brother seem to be into Auto Tune now...its kinda like the portable synthesizer in the 80s all the bands had 'em... okay not literally all... but a lot did...

http://www.synthfind.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/shs10r.jpg 

Hell on Glee last week they did a remake of Physical with Olivia Newton John and Jane Lynch and there was autotune in that!

Is AutoTune for people who are too lazy to take singing lessons?  ???

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 1:47 pm

Is AutoTune for people who are too lazy to take singing lessons?  ???

I think that about the artists where all they use is AutoTune...it tells me they likely can't carry a tune in a bucket.

Written By: Henk on 05/06/10 at 3:31 pm

So why exactly did you choose to hide in a 'cowardly shroud of anonymity' yourself?  ???

And FTR: we don't make a habit of 'group mobbing against newcomers'. Not those that choose to register, anyway. We've had too much trolls and unwelcome guests in the past to be patient with newcomer guests.

Yeah, I like to be sarcastic every now and then. Most people appreciate it. But if you can't stand the heat...

Best regards,
"Natasha"

Best regards to you too.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 4:37 pm

Best regards,
"Natasha"

Most of us regulars are on Facebook, so there is no "cowardly shroud of anonymity" here, at least not between us members.

Why don't you go to another message board and brag to them about how hot and unattainable you are, Andria.  :P

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 5:27 pm

So why exactly did you choose to hide in a 'cowardly shroud of anonymity' yourself?  ???

And FTR: we don't make a habit of 'group mobbing against newcomers'. Not those that choose to register, anyway. We've had too much trolls and unwelcome guests in the past to be patient with newcomer guests.

Yeah, I like to be sarcastic every now and then. Most people appreciate it. But if you can't stand the heat...

Best regards to you too.

well put henk!!!

I appreciate your sarcasm but u know that!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 5:28 pm

Most of us regulars are on Facebook, so there is no "cowardly shroud of anonymity" here, at least not between us members.

Why don't you go to another message board and brag to them about how hot and unattainable you are, Andria.  :P

va-va-va-voom!!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/06/10 at 5:47 pm

Wait?  I'm old?  Why wasn't I told?

andria Natasha, if you find it so horrible here maybe you should start your own board with your own rules.  I think it was rude of you to say what you did to snozberries when she was defending you from what she perceived as a rude comment.  That's not an "attack" on newcomers.  Get a grip.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 5:51 pm

va-va-va-voom!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/Va-va-voom-.jpg

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/06/10 at 6:04 pm

CRAP!  I MISS EVERYTHING, DAMNIT!  THAT WAS LIKE A DRIVE-BY VOMIT!  JUST OPENS HER MOUTH, PUKES AND LEAVES.  SAY WHAT YOU WILL, BUT I ENJOY THE TROLLS  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 6:08 pm

CRAP!  I MISS EVERYTHING, DAMNIT!  THAT WAS LIKE A DRIVE-BY VOMIT!  JUST OPENS HER MOUTH, PUKES AND LEAVES.  SAY WHAT YOU WILL, BUT I ENJOY THE TROLLS  ;D

You just know she's gonna be back, she gets off on the attention too much.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 6:40 pm

andria Natasha, if you find it so horrible here maybe you should start your own board with your own rules.  I think it was rude of you to say what you did to snozberries when she was defending you from what she perceived as a rude comment.  That's not an "attack" on newcomers.  Get a grip.

see that's what I thought too Dag... Apparently my posts should come with some sort of editorial- like that first one could have read...  "Okay now I'm going to have some fun with that superkid dude because he called Natasha old"  ::)

And I still think its odd to embrace someone who insults you and then carry on a long, involved discussion with that person.... oh wait... I regularly engage in dialogue with gibbo..... okay never mind.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 6:41 pm

CRAP!  I MISS EVERYTHING, DAMNIT!  THAT WAS LIKE A DRIVE-BY VOMIT!  JUST OPENS HER MOUTH, PUKES AND LEAVES.  SAY WHAT YOU WILL, BUT I ENJOY THE TROLLS  ;D

actually I do too...and its been awhile....I think I've been going thru withdrawals.  :D

You just know she's gonna be back, she gets off on the attention too much.  ::)

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/smileys/th23_29_107v.gif

Written By: Howard on 05/06/10 at 6:57 pm

The silliness of this thread can only be multiplied by this:

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nopity.gif

That sums it up very well.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 6:58 pm

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/smileys/th23_29_107v.gif

Yes! Yes! Please come back!

Because we can never hear enough about your craptastic Lancia or whatever that POS car was that you used to go on and on about.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/06/10 at 6:59 pm

You just know she's gonna be back, she gets off on the attention too much.  ::)

You mean Natasha?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 7:04 pm

You mean Natasha?

Well she calls herself Natasha, but we're starting to get our suspicions that she's really that crazy redheaded chick named Andria who terrorized the boards a while back.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/06/10 at 7:06 pm

I don't think she's Andria at all.  The world is full of people like this.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/10 at 7:08 pm

Well she calls herself Natasha, but we're starting to get our suspicions that she's really that crazy redheaded chick named Andria who terrorized the boards a while back.

Do you have any proof that it is her? ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/06/10 at 7:11 pm

Do you have any proof that it is her? ???

No proof and I certainly could be wrong, but her style seems awful similar.

Written By: Howard on 05/06/10 at 7:35 pm

No proof and I certainly could be wrong, but her style seems awful similar.

She could be a noob.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:40 pm

Pardon? Have you taken your pills today?  :)

I took mine and they worked wonders (the depression is gone).

And you really enticed me to register, with your reaction.
with a vodka and valium chaser????  Pre meds - NATASHA  after meds Superflykid2008  (I say that one is after med's by spelling, grammar and such)  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:41 pm

*passes Ash a Werther's*

I just literally chuckled O0

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:43 pm

A Future Mother in law who sells Ketaset to the mexican mafia and then miraculously moves lizards in 8 minutes to a neighbor (not tooo far away)???

just my hunch

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:52 pm

WOW and all this time I though Snoz was just being an OCD Postwhore (and based on her post count and years experience - that she knew quite a bit of the members and about the site) - Now I know she is not, can I ask did you get your license from the same college as your future mother-in-law??? 

And SNOZ - no worries I will be your Watson  8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:55 pm

Best regards,
"Natasha"

And soooo it ends, Natasha the martyr :\'(

Man - I miss the fun all the time (ok maybe not all the time)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 7:58 pm

I would stake the life of an amphibian in a varnished room on it ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:00 pm

Damn - my part is taken :\'(  That's what I get from reading from the beginning :-\\

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:02 pm

BANNED
FOR
LIFE!!!!!

Hey you - you better Vavava vooom or talk about the Ford supercharged heavy duty (whatevery helly ) engine that it is :D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:08 pm

see that's what I thought too Dag... Apparently my posts should come with some sort of editorial- like that first one could have read...  "Okay now I'm going to have some fun with that superkid dude because he called Natasha old"  ::)

And I still think its odd to embrace someone who insults you and then carry on a long, involved discussion with that person.... oh wait... I regularly engage in dialogue with gibbo..... okay never mind.  :D
  Well we all know gibbo ain't right and just by his longevity in the thread (we have tried being mean and treating him like a troll, he just won't go), he has become an endearing member of our lives... 8)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:09 pm

Caught up - and at the end all by myself ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 05/06/10 at 8:21 pm

Caught up - and at the end all by myself ::)

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself, anymore

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:27 pm

All by myself
Don't wanna be
All by myself, anymore
I search myself I want you to find me
I forget myself I want you to remind me

OOOP's wrong song ;)

Written By: gibbo on 05/06/10 at 8:35 pm

I search myself I want you to find me
I forget myself I want you to remind me

OOOP's wrong song ;)

Wait...isn't that a dirty song?  ::)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 8:54 pm

a dirty song for you.... a dirty little boy ^-^
http://www.purrfectlysweet.com/sweetblog/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/kis032.gif

Written By: gibbo on 05/06/10 at 9:24 pm

With a title of "I Touch Myself" ...methinks it's a dirty little song!  :P  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/06/10 at 9:29 pm

With a title of "I Touch Myself" ...methinks it's a dirty little song!  :P  ;D

Maybe it's about a breast exam.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/06/10 at 9:51 pm

Maybe it's about a breast exam.
Or a self prostate exam :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:12 pm

with a vodka and valium chaser????  Pre meds - NATASHA  after meds Superflykid2008  (I say that one is after med's by spelling, grammar and such)   8)

plus one asks that we excuse the writing style but its the other one who can't write correctly.  ;D

just seems like someone is making too much effort to be different... by the way I can tell you all now that there is no Sami.
It's been me all along posting as both. Talking to myself and making myself laugh with my responses!  The kids- are just pics of some kids I found online!  ;) :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:13 pm

WOW and all this time I though Snoz was just being an OCD Postwhore (and based on her post count and years experience - that she knew quite a bit of the members and about the site) - Now I know she is not, can I ask did you get your license from the same college as your future mother-in-law??? 

And SNOZ - no worries I will be your Watson  8)

Ha HA... Ash already took the position but hey! I'm a cool Sherlock! I'll take two Watsons! Everything is more fun in three's......everything  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:14 pm

Damn - my part is taken :\'(  That's what I get from reading from the beginning :-\\

It's all good Sami... I got ya covered!  8)

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:14 pm

Hey you - you better Vavava vooom or talk about the Ford supercharged heavy duty (whatevery helly ) engine that it is :D

I think it was the History of the Chevy V-8 Engine.

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:17 pm

Well we all know gibbo ain't right and just by his longevity in the thread (we have tried being mean and treating him like a troll, he just won't go), he has become an endearing member of our lives... 8)

I know like that song on the radio absolutely hate but then it gets stuck in your head for days and then you kinda like it but hate that you like cuz you know it sucks but you just can't help it you got worn down........ 

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you exhibit A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

I may be old but I now know its a good song cuz Kanye said so!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:18 pm

;D

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 10:27 pm

I know like that song on the radio absolutely hate but then it gets stuck in your head for days and then you kinda like it but hate that you like cuz you know it sucks but you just can't help it you got worn down........ 

Ladies and Gentlemen... I give you exhibit A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m1EFMoRFvY

I may be old but I now know its a good song cuz Kanye said so!

Yo I'mma let you finish, but this will now get stuck in your head if you click on the link :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 10:31 pm

Yo I'mma let you finish, but this will now get stuck in your head if you click on the link :D

TUTTI FRUTTI SUMMER LOVE!!!  ;D

If I didn't know any better I would say its  a The Lonely Island song.. but I know it's not...

Written By: Midas on 05/06/10 at 11:08 pm

TUTTI FRUTTI SUMMER LOVE!!!  ;D

If I didn't know any better I would say its  a The Lonely Island song.. but I know it's not...

It's Gunther!  He has some other songs that are hilar.  :D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 11:37 pm

because you are more apt to get yourself into some wacky situation than I am you goofball!  ;D

Today I locked my keys in my car - in my garage.  So I was at my house.  At my car.  With the keys locked in it.  And it was freezing cold and I couldn't get in either one.  So I closed the garage door so at least it would be warm, but eventually that light shuts off and you're just sitting there in the dark.  And none of my neighbors were home to help me.  It really sucked.

Like that?

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/06/10 at 11:44 pm

It's an awesome song!

Written By: snozberries on 05/06/10 at 11:50 pm

It's Gunther!  He has some other songs that are hilar.  :D ;D

I see that. And I have just become fan. Lol

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 5:37 am

Ha HA... Ash already took the position but hey! I'm a cool Sherlock! I'll take two Watsons! Everything is more fun in three's......everything  ;)
Well actually you are posting as Ash as well!  So this may make it easier for you!!!!

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 6:00 am

The cowardice lies in how you use the shroud.

And what did I do, exactly, to sound or act like a troll?

Also, why do you allow guests to post on this forum if they are unwelcome?

There is a fundamental difference between irony, self-directed or general sarcasm (for example, when directed at celebrities and so on) and, on the other hand, the kind of sarcasm that is used to belittle, bully or exclude others. Wouldn’t you agree? (if not, why?) 

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 6:05 am

Well actually you are posting as Ash as well!   So this may make it easier for you!!!!

Have you ever heard of the wonderful invention called IP addresses? My current one is 24.251.17.123 (Cox Communications). What is Ash's? And flykid's?

And what did I do or write to cause any problems on this forum? I mean, before the paranoid conjectures started, of course, but also afterwards, really.

Written By: Howard on 05/07/10 at 6:15 am

Or a self prostate exam :D

or even better,an ANAL exam.  :D

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 6:23 am

It would be pointless for me to do so, since I am not particularly attractive and I have already been attained by my husband (and by a few paramours before him). :)

Thank you, however, for explaining that the regulars are all on Facebook: That helped me understand what is going on, at least to a certain extent.

I had no idea that it was the case. I noticed these boards a few moths ago while I was searching for something silly online (I forget what exactly, but I think I was looking for something nostalgic in order to pass the time). Since I found the discussion topics interesting and entertaining, I started coming back from time to time, thus engaging in a so-called "lurking" behaviour. :) Then, considering that most people here seem pretty up to date and knowledgeable about popular cuture, I decided to post my question (which was sadly misinterpreted as a vile act of trollery). Since I was not yet committed to register as a regular, I cherished the opportunity of being able to post as a guest, with no cognition of what a strong reaction such inconsiderate act was to trigger.

Now I understand that this forum has been the object of repeated troll attacks, so the paranoia of some of its members seems a little more justified. Still, before the conjectures began I had done absolutely nothing to disrupt the forum and I had not written anything insulting or disrespectful to anyone. At least, not on purpose (if I did so unadvertedly, I apologize). Therefore, I feel that the treatment I received was undeserved and only partially justified by the unpleasant problems you experienced in the past.

I did not mean to sound like a martyr but was, in fact, very surprised and a little hurt by what was going on.

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 6:41 am

plus one asks that we excuse the writing style but its the other one who can't write correctly.  ;D

just seems like someone is making too much effort to be different...

Or, perhaps, flykid and I are, in fact, two different persons. Ever heard of Occam's razor? The simplest solution is usually the correct one.

But thank you very much for praising my English (writing sort of "correctly" in a foreign language is no mean feat): You have been kind despite of your intentions. :)

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 6:44 am

You have been kind despite of your intentions. :)

See? So typical to screw up right after being praised!

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 6:57 am

Have you ever heard of the wonderful invention called IP addresses? My current one is 24.251.17.123 (Cox Communications). What is Ash's? And flykid's?

And what did I do or write to cause any problems on this forum? I mean, before the paranoid conjectures started, of course, but also afterwards, really.
No worries, I never thought you were posting as Ash (my comment was directed to Snozberries)... 

No offense, but posting as Ash is way out of your league O0

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 7:06 am

Well, I had not though of it this way. Thank you for your honest reply.

I do not find it “horrible” here and most people have been rather polite: The reason why I posted my original message is that I liked these boards (although I was not quite ready to register yet: I wanted to try them out first).

I thank snozberries for defending me and I apologize for coming across rudely. Sorry.

But there is one thing I still cannot understand: Since at first she had behaved in a friendly and welcoming way towards me, why did she have to add that remark about guests replying to themselves? I am also asking her, of course.

Perhaps I should get a grip and not make such a big deal about this, but I was very confused by the reactions I received, starting from that odd comment about the self-replying guests.

Thank you again for pointing these shortcomings in my conduct, which I sincerely regret.

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 7:10 am

No worries, I never thought you were posting as Ash (my comment was directed to Snozberries)... 

Sorry, I got confused. Everybody keeps referring to me in the thrid person in this thread, so things got a bit muddled.

No offense taken: We all have our limits, and I have come to accept that I will never be able to post as Ash. ;)

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 7:22 am

First of all, I am sorry for being rude towards you (I assure you it was unintentional). I was just confused by your remark and felt unjustly accused of something, so I reacted too strongly. But I did try (albeit unsuccessfuly) to tone down my defensive reply by saying that I, too, had taken my pills (a clumsy attempt at being self-deprecating to defuse my sarcasm a little - such are the dangers of trying to sound ironic in a foreign language). Anyway, I am really sorry.

I suppose I did not consider flykid's remark to be rude, but just very immature and written from the perspective of someone almost the years younger than me, so I tried to put myself in his/her shoes. Besides, I really needed the information this young kid had to offer, although it was not been delivered in the most proper of manners, so I "sucked it up" (it is the law of supply and demand, I guess).

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 7:30 am

Sorry again: I am getting a little tired trying to reply to everyone, so my mistakes are just proliferating. "Ten years younger than me" and "were not being delivered" (what a weird tense, btw).

Now I think I have responded to everyone. Someone wrote that I would probably come back because I enjoy the attention too much.

First of all, who doesn't?

But, on a more serious note, I did come back after my somewhat too "dramatic" exit (sorry, I did sound a bit like a self-appointed martyr), and I was indeed hoping for some attention in the form of an explanation or something of that sort (maybe, deep inside, even for an apology, but now I have come to realize that my behaviour was not impeccable, either).

Written By: Midas on 05/07/10 at 9:14 am

I see that. And I have just become fan. Lol

It's the latest trend in dance music in Sweden, and you found out about it through me and I through my friend via Spacebook! :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:21 am

The cowardice lies in how you use the shroud.

That's kind of Henk's point....

And what did I do, exactly, to sound or act like a troll?

it's subjective.... Henk didn't exactly call you a troll he's just trying to explain that we are wary of people who post discussions threads as guests....

Also, why do you allow guests to post on this forum if they are unwelcome?

We don't make the rules so we can't stop people from posting as guests.
We never mind the person who stumbles onto our site and is looking for the name of a song, movie, tv show or trend that they have trying to recall for years.  That's valid. You want to know the answer to a question we answer you go away.  But, when you post a new topic that is going to lead to a discussion of some sort then, we feel (not that I speak for everyone) that you are probably going to say something to intentionally stir things up.

BTW, the troll in this thread is superfly....you...assuming you are indeed two separate people as  you say you are..... you are collateral damage...  Again- had you not embraced superfly's rudeness you never would have made our radar....well probably not any way.

There is a fundamental difference between irony, self-directed or general sarcasm (for example, when directed at celebrities and so on) and, on the other hand, the kind of sarcasm that is used to belittle, bully or exclude others. Wouldn’t you agree? (if not, why?) 

I disagree.  First of all irony and sarcasm are two different things so irony has no place in this discussion because Henk said he likes to be sarcastic.

secondly, sarcasm is fine art form and should only be handled by those with the skill to use it. Henk has the skill. There are some people here who try to use it and should not. 

It takes a lot of work so I only use sarcasm on people who appreciate it, or who I like.  There is no sarcasm in this post.

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:25 am

First of all 2kidsami was talking to me.... she was replying to a post that said I was posting as her....and she "accused" me of posting as Ash as well...

both Ash and Sami are my friends....yes...my friends so we joke like this alot. It can get confusing but if you look at her post you'll see she quoted me so she's commenting directly to me..

do I really have to say it again?

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:32 am

Or, perhaps, flykid and I are, in fact, two different persons. Ever heard of Occam's razor? The simplest solution is usually the correct one.

But thank you very much for praising my English (writing sort of "correctly" in a foreign language is no mean feat): You have been kind despite of your intentions. :)

See? So typical to screw up right after being praised!

at least you caught it yourself..... these are the kind of things that put you on the "troll radar"

as a member you can edit your posts... 
as a member we will see you are more serious about posting here
as a member we will eventually get to know you and then the little digs will go untouched...
guests who post digs tho get no mercy... its an unwritten rule but its been pretty consistent.

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:33 am

;D

see sarcasm is a skill!

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:38 am

I thank snozberries for defending me and I apologize for coming across rudely. Sorry.

you're welcome.

But there is one thing I still cannot understand: Since at first she had behaved in a friendly and welcoming way towards me, why did she have to add that remark about guests replying to themselves? I am also asking her, of course.

I may concede that you and flykid are two separate people.  I have been wrong about this before.
As I said before it is a trend we have seen- one guest signing in as various guests to pose a question and then start a fake argument to get the members riled up. 

you made a post.
he was rude to you
you thanked him and laughed off the rudeness
then the two of you engaged in a lengthy exchange of dialogue

it felt very similar to the other exchanges I've seen.

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:42 am

It's the latest trend in dance music in Sweden, and you found out about it through me and I through my friend via Spacebook! :D

the LATEST trend?  :o  so that wasn't some 20 yr old find or something? OH MY!!! NOW I AM TRULY A FAN!!!  ;D

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 12:01 pm

;D

see sarcasm is a skill!
Ya noticed that did you O0

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 12:12 pm

Thank you for your replies and for taking me seriously.

It really sounds as if you experienced an inordinate amount of trouble in the past.

had you not embraced superfly's rudeness you never would have made our radar....well probably not any way.

What I did not know was that this forum has a zero-tolerance policy against rudness. In my private life I tend to be very tolerant of rough-around-the-edges kids, since I am an academic and, therefore, surrounded by them at all times, to the point that I do not even notice their attitude any more. But now I know and understand your policy, which you have kindly explained to me.

I cannot deny that it would have been easier for me to abide by it if I had known it (unwritten rules have that defect), but now it is done and I am happy that our sad misunderstanding seems to have been cleared up.

Also, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your effort to overcome your suspicions and to address my concerns and objections seriously and respectfully: Thank you very much and sorry again for being so jumpy and defensive earlier on.

Written By: Natasha on 05/07/10 at 12:14 pm

P.S.: I meant to write: What I did not know was that this forum has a zero-tolerance policy against rudness especially if it is coming from guest users.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/10 at 12:35 pm

Nice weather we are having.

Cat

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 12:43 pm

What I did not know was that this forum has a zero-tolerance policy against rudness. In my private life I tend to be very tolerant of rough-around-the-edges kids, since I am an academic and, therefore, surrounded by them at all times, to the point that I do not even notice their attitude any more. But now I know and understand your policy, which you have kindly explained to me.

What do you teach?  We may have something in common.  Although I am around teenagers all day, most days I never tolerate there rudeness and am quick to call them on it!  For howelse would they learn appropriate behavior?

Written By: Henk on 05/07/10 at 12:43 pm

Cat

No. It's raining. (no sarcasm or hidden meaning there - it IS really raining where I am)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 12:44 pm

Cat
LOL.

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 12:48 pm

No. It's raining. (no sarcasm or hidden meaning there - it IS really raining where I am)
Me too- I was afraid to mention this for fear of misintereptions...

Written By: Frank on 05/07/10 at 1:02 pm

Cat

Are you raining on my parade? :D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/10 at 1:05 pm

Are you raining on my parade? :D

Moi? Never!

Cat

Written By: Henk on 05/07/10 at 1:05 pm

No I haven't.  :-\\

I'm tempted to karma you for your English, but alas...you're not a member (yet). ;)

BTW: I stand with what snoz said in reply to your questions/remarks directed at me. She knows me better than I realized.

Written By: Frank on 05/07/10 at 1:07 pm

Moi? Never!

Cat

I missinterpreted Chat,  :D :D My failure....

(Chat is "cat" in French)  

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/10 at 1:11 pm

I missinterpreted Chat,  :D :D My failure....

(Chat is "cat" in French)  

Je sais

Cat

Written By: Frank on 05/07/10 at 1:13 pm

Je sais

Cat

Tres bien.
(I guess the latest trend here is French)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/07/10 at 1:22 pm

Tres bien.
(I guess the latest trend here is French)

Ooh, ooh, ooh. I'm a trend setter.

Cat

Written By: Midas on 05/07/10 at 1:52 pm

the LATEST trend?  :o  so that wasn't some 20 yr old find or something? OH MY!!! NOW I AM TRULY A FAN!!!  ;D

It was new to me so it HAS to be new! :D

Actually, I think those songs came out around 2004-2005...that being said, I am known for sharing older music and making people think it's new 'cuz it still sounds fresh :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 2:04 pm

No I haven't.  :-\\

I'm tempted to karma you for your English, but alas...you're not a member (yet). ;)

BTW: I stand with what snoz said in reply to your questions/remarks directed at me. She knows me better than I realized.

:)  whether you're aware of it or not I do pay attention  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 2:06 pm

It was new to me so it HAS to be new! :D

Actually, I think those songs came out around 2004-2005...that being said, I am known for sharing older music and making people think it's new 'cuz it still sounds fresh :D

;D

Written By: Howard on 05/07/10 at 2:31 pm

Cat

What a beautiful 75 degrees.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/07/10 at 2:52 pm

Well, now that we are all past this brew-ha ha, I say we all shake hands, and be happy friends.  Natasha, now that you've gotten through the worst of this board, you might as well go ahead and register!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/07/10 at 3:11 pm

Well, now that we are all past this brew-ha ha, I say we all shake hands, and be happy friends.  Natasha, now that you've gotten through the worst of this board, you might as well go ahead and register!   ;D

That's a good idea.

Written By: Midas on 05/07/10 at 3:18 pm

Let's all do the wave!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/15/wav.gif

I can't find the group hug smiley! :P

Written By: Jessica on 05/07/10 at 5:41 pm

*starts singing Kumbaya*

Written By: gibbo on 05/07/10 at 8:15 pm

*starts singing Kumbaya*

Are you trying to start a fight?  ;D

Written By: gibbo on 05/07/10 at 8:27 pm

....and what is this thing called sarcasm?  :-\\  I know not the meaning... ;)

Written By: 2kidsami on 05/07/10 at 9:32 pm

....and what is this thing called sarcasm?   :-\\   I know not the meaning... ;)
. Sarcasm or coincidence????  You decide!

The fact that people often call little teenie weenie peenies Peters .....,, ::)

Written By: Midas on 05/07/10 at 10:08 pm

Did it just get hot in here 'cuz I swear I felt a BURN  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/07/10 at 11:33 pm

NOW THAT'S IRONY!  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 05/07/10 at 11:54 pm

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/Funny/3yy4aky.jpg

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/10 at 12:34 am

*starts singing Kumbaya*

Did you ever sing Kumbaya?

We used to sing it at the Waldorf school.

One time a guy said to me,

"You went to Waldorf?  What did they do, sit in a circle and sing Kumbaya?"

I was like,

"Uh, yeah."

We sang a lot of spirituals.  Kumbaya was one of them. And Anthroposophists are fond of circles and sitting in them.  What can I say?

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/dontknow.gif

We also sang, "Swing loooow, sweeeeet chari-ohot, comin' fo' to carry me home..."
:D

Written By: gibbo on 05/08/10 at 3:18 am

Hey wait a minute...  >:(  You'd be a teeny weeny wrong!!  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/08/10 at 6:32 am

No one calls them "peter" anymore,That was from the late 70's early 80's.

Written By: karen on 05/08/10 at 6:37 am

No one calls them "peter" anymore,That was from the late 70's early 80's.

ANd you'd know this was a nickname for teenie weenie peenies because...  ???

Written By: Howard on 05/08/10 at 6:40 am

ANd you'd know this was a nickname for teenie weenie peenies because...  ???

of the small size of it,that's what I know.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/10 at 12:15 pm

of the small size of it,that's what I know.

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: Howard on 05/08/10 at 12:52 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

What? Was that offensive?  ???

Written By: snozberries on 05/08/10 at 12:53 pm

What? Was that offensive?  ???

no =... just unexpected  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 05/08/10 at 1:02 pm

What she said. ;D

Written By: Howard on 05/08/10 at 1:25 pm

Ok.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/08/10 at 4:10 pm

I TOTALLY expected that it would be!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/10 at 4:53 pm

Nice weather we are having, huh?

Cat

Written By: Frank on 05/08/10 at 4:59 pm

Cat

How about those Amazing Mets!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/08/10 at 5:17 pm

How about those Amazing Mets!

They are moving up. I just hope they don't go into Sept in first place by 17 games and not even get into the playoffs.  >:( >:( >:(  Man, that pissed me off. I am now very cautious about rooting for them.

GO REDSOX!!!!

Cat

Written By: Midas on 05/08/10 at 7:38 pm

I TOTALLY expected that it would be!

;D

Written By: gibbo on 05/08/10 at 7:41 pm

Cat

But clearly..it can cause shrinkage!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 05/09/10 at 6:43 am

Cat

extremely windy and very blustery here.

Written By: ladybug316 on 05/09/10 at 2:58 pm

;D

Thank you, Midas!  I'm glad my humor is not lost on you  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...