inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bristol Palin commands between $15,000 and $30,000 on Speaker's circuit.

Written By: Frank on 05/18/10 at 10:38 am

Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol Palin, is hitting the speakers' circuit and will command between $15,000 and $30,000 for each appearance, Palin family attorney Thomas Van Flein said Monday.

Someone actually wants to pay this 19-year-old $30,000 to talk to their group?

Subject: Re: Bristol Palin commands between $15,000 and $30,000 on Speaker's circuit.

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/10 at 10:39 am

um... I've seen her speak on Oprah and on the View...she ain't that articulate  ::)

Subject: Re: Bristol Palin commands between $15,000 and $30,000 on Speaker's circuit.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/10 at 10:42 am

I can see it now:

You too, can get paid for speaking when you are knocked up at the age of 16. And I can also see Russia from my house.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Frank on 05/18/10 at 10:48 am

I can see it now:

You too, can get paid for speaking when you are knocked up at the age of 16. And I can also see Russia from my house.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Let's start collecting a pot and see how much we can collect for her to speak at the Vegas inthe00s meet in September. :D
(And I can see the USA from my house)

Written By: snozberries on 05/18/10 at 10:51 am

Let's start collecting a pot and see how much we can collect for her to speak at the Vegas inthe00s meet in September. :D

better yet...let's start a collection and see how much'd take to get her to go away  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/10 at 11:23 am

better yet...let's start a collection and see how much'd take to get her to go away  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/10 at 5:58 pm

For $30K I certainly would expect for her to "speak into the mike".  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/18/10 at 6:06 pm

For $30K I certainly would expect for her to "speak into the mike".   ;)

And let me guess, you would party with her.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/18/10 at 6:35 pm

And let me guess, you would party with her.  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Hmm... Thats would be an intriguing idea...  :P

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/18/10 at 7:32 pm

Why?  I can watch the film Juno, for free!

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/19/10 at 12:42 am

You call yours "Mike," eh?
???

What does Bristol talk about?  Do they bring her around to talk to teens about personal responsibility.  "Don't have a baby when you're 16, kids, because your dad will get jealous when he sees you making more for a speech than he netted last quarter!"
:D

Written By: Midas on 05/19/10 at 9:37 am

I can see it now:

You too, can get paid for speaking when you are knocked up at the age of 16. And I can also see Russia from my blouse.   :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Fixt!  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 10:17 am

;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 10:19 am

Why?  I can watch the film Juno, for free!

;D

how on earth can you compare not so bright Bristol to the witty and highly intelligent Juno? The only things they have in common are getting preggers at a young age and the fact that they both have stupid names.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/19/10 at 11:44 am

http://www.labnol.org/assets/images/YahooSmileys/smileys7.gif

Karma for making me laugh so hard.

Cat

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/19/10 at 9:40 pm

http://www.no-absolutes.org/palin-gate/images/Juneau.jpg

Hey, anything can happen in Juneau.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/20/10 at 7:36 pm

how on earth can you compare not so bright Bristol to the witty and highly intelligent Juno? The only things they have in common are getting preggers at a young age and the fact that they both have stupid names.

Sorry.....

;D

Written By: Frank on 05/21/10 at 1:06 pm

Got this from The Onion:

A draft contract containing details about Sarah Palin's speaking fee and requirements was obtained by California State University, Stanislaus, students who claim they found the document in a Dumpster.  Here are some of her demands:

Hotel room must have a "moose couture" styling to it
Most recent copy of all newspapers
Children's caretaker must be of Korean ethnicity or higher
50-gallon aquarium containing a minimum of eight piranhas that haven't been fed in a week and a bucket of ducks
If the name of the speaking venue exceeds four syllables, then it must be temporarily changed to "Thompson Hall"
Book of word searches and package of string cheese for Todd
Extra red clothingjust in case something happens to her other red clothing
Audio engineer must ensure speakers are capturing full (I_am_a_loser_who_has_no_respect_for_women)iness of voice
Dressing-room lighting fixtures must be equipped with non-efficient bulbs
Palin must have "five (5) black pillar candles of 13" in length and 3" in circumference, one (1) stone altar of Baphomet, one (1) obsidian dagger, and one (1) baby delivered to her dressing area no less than two hours prior to her speech"

Written By: agoraphobicwhacko on 05/24/10 at 1:51 am

Of course. That fee will probably rise. The "haters" who spend so much time talking about the Palins are the reason they are making insane amounts of money at these events. Neither have a huge following of people. Its those who don't follow them yet talk about them all the time that create this false value for them. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Want them to go away? Stop talking about them. It's a simple concept that most seem unable to comprehend.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/24/10 at 10:06 am

Of course. That fee will probably rise. The "haters" who spend so much time talking about the Palins are the reason they are making insane amounts of money at these events. Neither have a huge following of people. Its those who don't follow them yet talk about them all the time that create this false value for them. They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Want them to go away? Stop talking about them. It's a simple concept that most seem unable to comprehend.

It isn't the "haters" who pay them the insane amounts.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 05/24/10 at 7:00 pm

(TAP...TAP...TAP...) "Is this thing on?"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/10 at 5:25 pm

I don't hate the Palins.  I hate the state of politics that lets a crew of goofballs like them get so close to power.

Check for new replies or respond here...