inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Seven CBS Shows Whacked... Book 'em, Danno

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 9:10 am

CBA just announced that seven shows are getting the boot this coming season:

The Old Adventures of New Christine
Ghost Whisperer
Cold Cuts Case
Num3rs
Gary Unmarried
Accidentally on Purpose
Miami Medical

I am really gonna miss watching Jennifer Love Hewitt's, uh, *talent* every week.  And it looks like the Seinfeld Curse continues, with Julia Louis-Dreyfuss' show getting the axe.

On other fronts... CBS is gonna launch a remake of the awesome 1960's and 1970's hit show Hawaii Five-O.   8)  I wonder if they will have any of the original cast members make cameo appearances?  They should have Danno cast as the Governor.  

Sadly I think that Kam Fong and Zulu are no longer with us, nor are Jack Lord or Wo Fat.  Let's hope that the casting for the new show does justice to the legacy these awesome actors brought to the screen!!!!  :)

Subject: Re: Seven CBS Shows Whacked... Book 'em, Danno

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/19/10 at 9:26 am

CBS, killing your favorite show, since 2010.

::)

Written By: tv on 05/19/10 at 9:29 am

The only notable show on that list is "The New Adventures of Old Christine".

About "Cold Case" I liked it the first few years(2000,2001, 2002) than I just lost interest. I think it was time to go for "Cold Case" I mean it had been on for 10 years.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/10 at 10:58 am

The only notable show on that list is "The New Adventures of Old Christine".

About "Cold Case" I liked it the first few years(2000,2001, 2002) than I just lost interest. I think it was time to go for "Cold Case" I mean it had been on for 10 years.

actually Cold Case has been on for 7 seasons.

Numbers season finale was written like a series finale so I think they saw the writing on the wall.

they need to cancel CSI x3  but anyway--- I'm glad they are keeping Medium cuz I freaking LOVE THAT SHOW!!!!

and that they picked up Mike & Molly. I went to the taping of the pilot and it was pretty funny.

The retention of Mentalist, Survivor & Amazing Race are no brainers tho I'm surprised that they are moving the schedule around so much.

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/19/10 at 12:05 pm

OK, here's a casting idea.

Instead of recasting the role of Wo Fat (those are huge shoes to fill, I don't know who could pull that off), how about casting Suge Knight as an alternative physically imposing criminal mastermind who is always "the one who gets away". ???  Maybe cast him as a Samoan.

I think that he has the je ne sais quoi to pull this off, and having Suge as an occasional actor would definitely boost ratings.  8)

Written By: Howard on 05/19/10 at 6:30 pm

They should bring back the sitcoms from the 1980's,at least they were watchable.

Check for new replies or respond here...