inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Out of Control Teacher

Written By: danootaandme on 05/20/10 at 9:31 am

abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/beating-caught-tape-teacher-speaks-10686839?tab=9482931&section=4765066

I think most of us saw the video of the out of control teacher.  It is absolutely horrifying.  ON THE OTHER HAND, listening to her and what the school is like...though not defensible, I have more understanding of the why.  There should be an outside agency(outside of Texas) investigating exactly what goes on in the school, in terms of teacher training and protection.

Subject: Re: Out of Control Teacher

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/20/10 at 12:42 pm

My heart goes out to her.  She seems like a nice lady who just completely lost it.  I work in a high school, and I know how rotten kids can be.  Though I would never condone using violence against them, I can understand just how easy it is to get to that point.  I have had co-workers that have landed in similar situations.  It's a horrible thing to have happen - for everyone involved.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/25/10 at 10:47 pm

There are no CHAIRS for the students and no ACTIVITIES.

How's that a school again?

In the old days, the kid's mama would have said, "If the teacher has to give you a beat down again, you'll get a beat down from me like you'll never forget!"  Instead they're filing suit and the young woman gets fired from her job.  The lesson the kid learns is not "be good, or else," it's "do as you like and get a lawyer if you don't like the outcome!"

I don't favor corporal punishment, but if you're going use it, then use it well.  The teacher's mistakes there were obvious.  She did not know how to apply corporal punishment.  She made it look like a schoolyard fight.  Granted a camera was there, but you could see she left her back vulnerable.  Some other punk could have jumped her any second.

Texas, the role model for a nation. 
::)

Written By: JamieMcBain on 05/26/10 at 7:01 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtiYyIKzdbo

Wow, just wow.....

Written By: Howard on 05/26/10 at 7:09 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtiYyIKzdbo

Wow, just wow.....

Man,that's just horrible.  :(

Written By: robby76 on 05/26/10 at 8:02 am

People want action against bullies - well the teacher took action! Yes it was heavy handed but kids these days get away with murder. When I was at school in the 80s we got caned in front of the whole school. I've even been dragged around a classroom in the early 90s for being disruptive and you know what I deserved it and it's done me no harm. Discipline - I'm all for it!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/31/10 at 9:29 pm

People want action against bullies - well the teacher took action! Yes it was heavy handed but kids these days get away with murder. When I was at school in the 80s we got caned in front of the whole school. I've even been dragged around a classroom in the early 90s for being disruptive and you know what I deserved it and it's done me no harm. Discipline - I'm all for it!

You should not cane schoolboys.  Later in life they will pester their wives to do it again!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...