inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chely Wright

Written By: snozberries on 05/23/10 at 9:06 pm

This thread isn't really to discuss her decision to come out- I say more power to her and good luck.

If you are anti-gay or homophobic spread that hatred elsewhere.  >:(

anyway- I'm just about the biggest hater of country music you will ever meet.
Opera is my most hated genre; followed by ska/techno; then heavy metal then country.
Trust me- if these were the only music resources left in the world I'd rather listen to nothing but would prefer country if I had to be subjected to something.

Having said all that- I just saw Chely Wright on Oprah. She was promoting her book and talking about coming out a couple weeks ago.

I didn't really like Chely- something about her just rubs me the wrong way. I don't know the whole thing made her seem self centered. I know stars can ve ego centric- especially when asked to talk about themselves but many have a way of doing it (talking about themselves) and sounding very sincere when doing so- Chely is not one of those people.

The other thong that bugged me was several tomes during the interview she referred to herself as "the very first openly gay country artist" and my personal favorite "the first openly gay artist in country music history"

hmmmm.  Doesn't/didn't kd lang sing country?
And isn't she gay? 

Subject: Re: Chely Wright

Written By: Dagwood on 05/23/10 at 10:09 pm

I think she is just trying to get publicity.  She hasn't had a song that I can think of for a while, and I listen to country among other music (including metal...don't hate me snoz. ;) )

Yeah, kd lang started out country and she has always been very openly gay.  And she has an excellent voice.  Chely is a so-so singer.

It just smells of publicity stunt to me.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/24/10 at 12:41 am

It's not an issue in art music anymore.  Perhaps it's still an issue in country music, but still, I think it's ridiculous. 
::)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 05/24/10 at 10:33 am

I've never even heard of her.  So much for a publicity stunt.  :P

Written By: Midas on 05/24/10 at 10:43 am

I've never even heard of her.  So much for a publicity stunt.   :P

Ditto!  Who?

Written By: Frank on 05/24/10 at 10:45 am

I've never even heard of her.  So much for a publicity stunt.  :P

I never heard of her either. But, it is country music.

Written By: snozberries on 05/24/10 at 11:04 am

I've never even heard of her.  So much for a publicity stunt.   :P

Ditto!  Who?

I never heard of her either. But, it is country music.

I owe all three of you karma for this!  ;D

Written By: LyricBoy on 05/24/10 at 4:10 pm

KD Lang is gay?

I thought she was a lesbian.

Check for new replies or respond here...