inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Top Chef DC and Next Big Food Netword Star

Written By: snozberries on 06/03/10 at 8:52 pm

This starts on the 16th... I'm starting the thread way early!!!!

but, in the meantime, how 'bout them top chef masters?  

Rick Moonan
Marcus somebody
and
Susur somebody....

I think Marcus and Susur have the best shot at it...

Rick is only good when he gets to cook fish. I have no respect for someone who comes into a challenge and plays it safe by cooking his signature food every single challenge.

Subject: Top Chef DC and Next Big Food Netword Star

Written By: snozberries on 07/26/10 at 6:25 pm

Oops.... I totally forgot I started this thread.... we've lost about 6 chefs....

and I don't know if I started a thread for the Food Network cooking show but it seems like perhaps combining them makes sense... here's hoping someone finds this....

I love Top Chef- I find it a bit more respectful (or refined ) than Hell's Kitchen. There seem to be real chefs on that show not people who call themselves executive chef yet have never expedited a service (like a lot of the contestants on Hell's Kitchen...)

I am digging the rivalry between Kenny and Angelo.  I have to look and see if I think anyone else is capable of pulling off a win. They all seem very evenly matched to me...

As for the next food network star  I LOVE LOVE LOVE Arti! I want her to win and I want her to win big.  I think Brad has more skill than he's brought to the show... Tom has surprised me--- and Aria is annoying.  Herb is too inconsistent and his concept of healthy cooking is boring...Like the judges I think he loosens up when he cooks cuban foods but I still don't think he's all that great....

I was sooo happy to see Serena go last night because she's not that good... one of the things that shocks me most about this show is the usage of packaged and canned foods... . I mean Serena was using canned tomato sauce to make her pasta sauces and she used packaged macaroni to make the dish she got sent home for....

Neither Top Chef or Hell's Kitchen would let the contestants get away with that crap.... and the day (maybe the truck challenge) when what's her name- Brianna sold frozen lamb? Gordon would've kicked her out for sure!

Subject: Re: Top Chef DC and Next Big Food Netword Star

Written By: Dagwood on 07/26/10 at 9:57 pm

I just haven't been able to get into either of these shows.  It's weird because I love Hell's Kitchen.  Maybe it is the train wreck of it all rather than actual cooking. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 07/27/10 at 1:42 am

I just haven't been able to get into either of these shows.  It's weird because I love Hell's Kitchen.  Maybe it is the train wreck of it all rather than actual cooking. ;D

That makes sense.
I will say I watch HK to watch Gordon rip into them. I watch TC to see some skill.
I never watched the food network one before and , had Arti not  not been so charismatic i'd've stopped watching weeks ago.

I'm really watching because I genuinely want her to win.

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/10 at 8:26 pm

down to the top three in Next food network star... Aarti is a shoo in but Tom is really close second.  Herb could pull it off but he usually freezes in the clutch so I doubt he'll win!\  Go Aarti!!!

Written By: snozberries on 08/12/10 at 8:28 pm

Dag- I know Top Chef isn't your favorite but if you have a chance to catch a marathon this weekend the drama there rivals Hell's Kitchen for sure...

Alex is a chef -- and I use the term loosely-- who actually could make Ben look good in a kitchen.... yet Alex keeps squeaking by the eliminations.... the best part is he actually won a challenge with a dish he stole (tho he swears he didn't) from another contestant....its' really good stuff!!! 

Written By: snozberries on 08/17/10 at 1:33 am

YAY!!! AARTI!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

Here's a sample...imagine- from Internet Food Blogger to Next Food Network Star! How awesome is that!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYLCJAzpaCc

Check for new replies or respond here...