inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Smoking Baby?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/11/10 at 6:24 pm

This is very sadly and unfortunately, all too real....

http://www.globallethbridge.com/Smoking+baby+sparks+international+outrage/3078338/story.html

Subject: Re: Smoking Baby?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/11/10 at 8:46 pm

I saw that on tv. It's unreal to me why someone would give a child that young a ciggie in the first place and then to keep supplying the kid with them! It's not cute and that kids lungs must be a freaking mess.

Poor baby.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/10 at 2:40 am

Yeah, that's what they do over there in Indonesia.  That's one of Philip Morris' best markets.  That's why they don't sweat the dramatic drop in American sales.  Over there they see the potential of getting 1/4 of humanity hooked on cigarettes, preferably by age five!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: Howard on 06/12/10 at 6:43 am

http://repairstemcell.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/child-smoking.jpg

OMG!!!  :o

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/12/10 at 8:46 am

I should also mention that the smoking baby is also obese!  It may prove to be a very short life for him  :\'(

Written By: Howard on 06/12/10 at 1:10 pm

His parents are stupid for letting him smoke cigarettes.  ::)

Written By: MrCleveland on 06/12/10 at 4:37 pm

8-P

Now I'm thinking of that doll from "Family Guy" that has a cigarette.

"Tastes like happy"!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/10 at 5:10 pm

He reminds me of Baby Herman!

;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLDtYsxtwXU&feature=related

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/12/10 at 5:11 pm

Then there is this kid...

::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/12/10 at 8:31 pm

I don't understand kids, or yet, PARENTS nowdays. I know if my mom caught me smoking her ciggies, a tree would have fallen on me. And lord help me if I took her car.  ::) I got spankings when I behaved badly and aside from grabbign every piece of MJ memorobilia I can get my hands on, I turned out just fine. I've been well behaved all my life, never arrested, don't drink, smoke or go on freaking joyrides.

It's just ridiculous. I'm sure if you tapped the baby a few times with a switch (a long thin branck off a tree) and said no, baby smokes alot might stop. I don't mean go Joe Jackson on the kid, but a little whack and a "no-no! BAD!" Jeez. Those parents need to discipline thier kids. I don't want my kids to have black lungs or wrap my damn car around a tree.  >:(

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/12/10 at 10:01 pm

I don't understand kids, or yet, PARENTS nowdays. I know if my mom caught me smoking her ciggies, a tree would have fallen on me. And lord help me if I took her car.  ::) I got spankings when I behaved badly and aside from grabbign every piece of MJ memorobilia I can get my hands on, I turned out just fine. I've been well behaved all my life, never arrested, don't drink, smoke or go on freaking joyrides.

It's just ridiculous. I'm sure if you tapped the baby a few times with a switch (a long thin branck off a tree) and said no, baby smokes alot might stop. I don't mean go Joe Jackson on the kid, but a little whack and a "no-no! BAD!" Jeez. Those parents need to discipline thier kids. I don't want my kids to have black lungs or wrap my damn car around a tree.  >:(

I grew up watching adults sitting around the kitchen table smoking and drinking coffee after dinner.  They would gossip, laugh and have a grand old time with us kids watching them.  My uncle used to blow smoke rings at us, which we thought was waaay cool!  Heck, you could buy candy cigarettes at the general store!  Nowadays those who insist on smoking are asked to step outside -- and you certainly don't smoke in front of young children.  Big no-no!  The culture has changed that much in in 30 years!  That's why it's so shocking to see an adult teaching a toddler how to smoke!
:o

Written By: Howard on 06/13/10 at 6:18 am

Then there is this kid...

::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqOgnQyXp4

He's a dumbass! He says It's fun to do bad things,Jeez,Wait till he grows up!  ::)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/13/10 at 6:38 pm

That stupid kid reminds of the episode of the Boondocks I watched last week. Riley got tied up with a kid that I would have to say had to be modeled after that child. Because the fat kid kept saying getting in trouble was fun. It wasn't fun for me. I'd get spakings and my MJ stuff taken away and put in a box in my mom's closet. LOL.  :(

@ Max: I grew up with my mom smoking and drnking. She gave up both cold turkey. Drinking in 1991 after her sister died, and smoking in 1996. And I did eat the little candy ciggies. (Those were good) But I nnever had a desire to smoke. Drinking in moderation is okay, but because of my kidneys--or lack thereof--I can't. And I can't smoke, I have asthma.  ;D Plus I'd rather spend 5 dollars on a burger than a pack of cancer sticks anyday!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/10 at 12:57 am

That stupid kid reminds of the episode of the Boondocks I watched last week. Riley got tied up with a kid that I would have to say had to be modeled after that child. Because the fat kid kept saying getting in trouble was fun. It wasn't fun for me. I'd get spakings and my MJ stuff taken away and put in a box in my mom's closet. LOL.  :(

@ Max: I grew up with my mom smoking and drnking. She gave up both cold turkey. Drinking in 1991 after her sister died, and smoking in 1996. And I did eat the little candy ciggies. (Those were good) But I nnever had a desire to smoke. Drinking in moderation is okay, but because of my kidneys--or lack thereof--I can't. And I can't smoke, I have asthma.  ;D Plus I'd rather spend 5 dollars on a burger than a pack of cancer sticks anyday!

My parents pretty much quit smoking by the mid '70s (ciggies, that is!  ;) ), then my dad started forbidding company to smoke in the house...then he met my stepmother who chain-smoked Dorals and that was the end of his no-smoking policy! 

My sisters started smoking in their early teens and struggled with it over the ensuing decades.  My stepbrother smoked for ten years before giving it up completely, along with booze, grass, and everything else he was doing. 

I never took up smoking.  It was clear to me by the time I was 10 that it was the only product you could buy that would kill you if you used it correctly.  So I never smoked.  Well, I've smoked two cigarettes in my whole life.  One when I was 11 out of peer pressure so I could stay in something called "the fort."  I smoked another when I was 16 and shiffaced drunk.  Smoking grass...that's a little more complicated!
:-X

Written By: Howard on 06/14/10 at 6:27 am

My parents pretty much quit smoking by the mid '70s (ciggies, that is!  ;) ), then my dad started forbidding company to smoke in the house...then he met my stepmother who chain-smoked Dorals and that was the end of his no-smoking policy! 

My sisters started smoking in their early teens and struggled with it over the ensuing decades.  My stepbrother smoked for ten years before giving it up completely, along with booze, grass, and everything else he was doing. 

I never took up smoking.  It was clear to me by the time I was 10 that it was the only product you could buy that would kill you if you used it correctly.  So I never smoked.  Well, I've smoked two cigarettes in my whole life.  One when I was 11 out of peer pressure so I could stay in something called "the fort."  I smoked another when I was 16 and shiffaced drunk.  Smoking grass...that's a little more complicated!
:-X

My Father stopped smoking in the mid 80's and My Mother stopped smoking after that so now she drinks coffee after dinner as part of her caffeine needs.

Written By: Dagwood on 06/14/10 at 7:19 am

My Father stopped smoking in the mid 80's and My Mother stopped smoking after that so now she drinks coffee after dinner as part of her caffeine needs.

Howard, you don't get caffeine from smoking.  What is the connection between her quitting smoking and now drinking coffee?

Written By: Howard on 06/14/10 at 6:44 pm

Howard, you don't get caffeine from smoking.  What is the connection between her quitting smoking and now drinking coffee?

From what I remember,My Mother once in a while,smoked a cigarette after dinner so now she drinks a cup of coffee after dinner.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 06/14/10 at 9:22 pm

True story about my cousin David, although David was my mother's cousin, so he was really a second-cousin, but I knew him like an uncle.  An uncle I didn't like so much because he was a creepy dude who always had a cigarette dangling out of his mouth.  It didn't matter if he was filling the lawn mower or decorating a Christmas tree.  David always had a cigarette dangling out of his mouth and a pack of Marlboros in his shirt pocket. 

Anyway, what had happened in the early 1950s when David was a teenager is David's psychiatrist advising him to smoke cigarettes if they relieved his stress and anxiety.  And so David did fiendishly until he died of lung cancer at the age of 42!  I think he died in '78, but....I don't quite remember...
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: Howard on 09/03/10 at 6:47 am

He's finally off the cigarettes.

Check for new replies or respond here...