inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Amanda Bynes, retired actreess.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 06/21/10 at 6:52 pm

Amanda Bynes, is apparently joining the ranks of actresses such as Phoebe Cates and Meg Tilly, who opted to retire from acting, early.

If she does indeed hold to her plan, Easy A, will be her last film.

It would be shame, because I found her, to be a lot better, acting wise than Miley Cyrus, or for that matter Kristen Stewart.

I for one, think that Stewart should be the one retires, instead.

In interviews, she seems uncomfortable, disinterested, at un at ease. Pretty much complaining about lack of privacy, the screaming fans, Paparazzi, and even going as far to say....

“People say that I’m miserable all the time. It’s not that I’m miserable, it’s just that somebody’s yelling at me…I literally, sometimes, have to keep myself from crying…It’s a physical reaction to the energy that’s thrown at you."

and....

“I feel like I’m looking at someone being raped. A lot of the time I can’t handle it. I never expected that this would be my life,”

By the way, Amanda Bynes was actually pretty good in the films, Sidney White and She's The Man.

Best of luck, Amanda, and hopefully you enjoy whatever career lies ahead for you, next.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amanda-bynes-i-ve-retired-from-acting/42643

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Amanda+Bynes+retires/3182315/story.html

Subject: Re: Amanda Bynes, retired actreess.

Written By: nupur on 06/21/10 at 7:02 pm

She says she's retiring because she does not love acting anymore, and does not want to do something she doesn't love. I guess I can respect that as a reason for her retirement if it is a genuine one. I, for one, will miss her. I really enjoyed watching her on "All That" and "The Amanda Show" as a kid, and later on "What I Like About You."

Written By: whistledog on 06/21/10 at 9:35 pm

She may reconsider, you never know.  There are two things about her I find quite appealing:

She's gorgeous and she is Canadian (now thanks to that 'Waking up Canadian' thing)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 06/21/10 at 9:44 pm

I'm soo sad. She's one of my favorite actresses.

Written By: ladybug316 on 06/21/10 at 11:36 pm

She's so stinkin' cute!  Good for her!

Written By: Howard on 06/22/10 at 5:25 am

I always used to watch that TV show she starred in a few years ago,I don't know if it's on anymore.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 06/22/10 at 7:28 pm

I had such a crush on her when I was a kid.

Written By: nally on 06/22/10 at 11:05 pm

I always used to watch that TV show she starred in a few years ago,I don't know if it's on anymore.

Oh, the Amanda Show? That was on way back in the day. You could probably see it in reruns.

On TV I liked her in "What I Like About You" (a WB sitcom). As for movies, I enjoyed her character in "Big Fat Liar", in which she had a main role as the protagonist's buddy.

Written By: Howard on 06/23/10 at 6:21 am

Oh, the Amanda Show? That was on way back in the day. You could probably see it in reruns.

On TV I liked her in "What I Like About You" (a WB sitcom). As for movies, I enjoyed her character in "Big Fat Liar", in which she had a main role as the protagonist's buddy.

That's it,What I like about you,It was a pretty good show,pretty enjoyable.

Check for new replies or respond here...