inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: hair of the twenty tens

Written By: 2015 on 08/12/10 at 2:07 am

for men, at least in 2010, it's the bieber cut, and for gals, the pixie.

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/pretty-as-a-pixie/4103?nc

Subject: Re: hair of the twenty tens

Written By: whistledog on 08/12/10 at 8:19 am

::)

Written By: bchris02 on 08/12/10 at 11:15 am

for men, at least in 2010, it's the bieber cut, and for gals, the pixie.

http://omg.yahoo.com/photos/pretty-as-a-pixie/4103?nc

The Bieber cut is basically the emo swoop, which from my observation has decreased in popularity drastically since it's peak in 2008. More guys are going for shorter, more clean cut styles. That cut will be associated more with the late '00s than the '10s in my opinion.

Written By: JTCool on 08/12/10 at 12:57 pm

The "bieber cut" was around before Bieber was. I remember it being really popular in 2006 and 2007. I think 2010s hair for men will be a little shorter than the Bieber hair and more fluffed up, kinda similar to the early 80s hair men had. I've noticed a lot of other men wearing their hair like that.

From what I've seen now I think womens hair will continue to get bigger/have more volume as the decade goes on. I wouldn't mind it since a lot of people seem to be tired of the really straight slick hair of the 00s.

Written By: Emman on 08/12/10 at 2:15 pm

I wouldn't mind it since a lot of people seem to be tired of the really straight slick hair of the 00s.

That was popular for women in the 90's too, I think both the 90's and early/mid 00's had casual fashions and styles, we are starting go to a more classic dressed up style in the early 10's.
I expect hair to be shorter for men and it's already kind of starting now.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/10 at 1:13 am

The one about the Phoenicians in the Roman Empire.  You know, the Punic Hair!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/laughing6.gif

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/15/10 at 4:28 am

Baldness seems to be the hairstyle of the twenty tens.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 08/15/10 at 4:04 pm

If 80's style big hair comes back for women, I think it's only going to be a fashion statement kind of thing. Not something that becomes huge, like straight hair and wavy curls.

Written By: bchris02 on 08/15/10 at 6:04 pm

I expect hair to be shorter for men and it's already kind of starting now.

I believe the backlash against Justin Bieber by older Generation Y has a direct correlation with the rapid decline of that hairstyle this year alone.  Back in 2008 it seemed if you were a while male and between ages 15 and 25, you had your hair that way unless your job forbid it (i.e. Military).  Now, it seems to only be hanging on in the gay community and among teenagers still in high school.  I think by 2012 that hairstyle will be as dated as the bowl cut of the mid '90s.

Written By: Howard on 08/15/10 at 6:45 pm

I'd like to see afros come back.

Written By: Emman on 08/15/10 at 9:49 pm

The afro hair style made a comeback in the mid 90's-early 00's, as that period was very retro 70's influenced.

Written By: joeman on 08/15/10 at 11:50 pm

The afro hair style made a comeback in the mid 90's-early 00's, as that period was very retro 70's influenced.

I can attest.  I had large sideburns back in the late 90s/early 00s but that was mostly because I was a fan of WWF wrestling at the time and the Rock had those large sideburns.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/16/10 at 1:36 am

Afros have always been around.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/10 at 2:14 am

Afros have always been around.

I don't mean those stylized 'fros you'd see twenty years ago.  I mean Angela Davis, baby!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 6:36 am

I don't mean those stylized 'fros you'd see twenty years ago.  I mean Angela Davis, baby!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/yelclap.gif

or how about those afros from those blaxpotation films.(like Pam Grier)

http://cdn.complex.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/resizedpam-grier.jpg

Written By: 4wtr on 08/16/10 at 6:15 pm

As an African-American whose HAD a fro, they are really hard to maintain!

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 6:36 pm

As an African-American whose HAD a fro, they are really hard to maintain!

Did you have to use those big combs? ???

Written By: 4wtr on 08/17/10 at 8:55 pm

Did you have to use those big combs? ???
Afro Picks, everytime I rested my head on something I had to whip the pick out, really irritating.

Written By: Tyler on 08/17/10 at 11:12 pm

Hello,  I'm 17 and the Beiber style is still popular at my school, but I think it is going away slowly.  I used to have my hair Beiber style almost 2 years ago.  I play on my high school baseball team and most of the kids on the team have shorter hair, plus my girlfriend doesn't care for Beiber style any more, so I keep my hair shorter.    At my lifeguard job last year most of the other kids I work with had their hair Beiber style, this year there are only a few kids with Beiber hair.  I like my hair but I still wear a hat most of the time.  I'm sure everyone likes to hear that I don't have Beiber hair anymore, but I still wear my hat backwards with the brim to the side  :)  .
--Tyler

Written By: ronobvious on 08/17/10 at 11:23 pm

I dig the pixie cut. Women who generally go for it tend to have the attitude to pull it off.

The Bieber has to go. The singer and the haircut.

Written By: Howard on 08/18/10 at 5:11 am

Afro Picks, everytime I rested my head on something I had to whip the pick out, really irritating.

Was that really a comb?

Written By: 2015 on 08/19/10 at 10:43 am

i still don't notice as much difference in hair as in clothes. aside from the minority who have their hair like bieber or whatever, it hasn't changed a lot since 2000.

Written By: Marian on 08/21/10 at 12:52 pm

The "bieber cut" was around before Bieber was. I remember it being really popular in 2006 and 2007. I think 2010s hair for men will be a little shorter than the Bieber hair and more fluffed up, kinda similar to the early 80s hair men had. I've noticed a lot of other men wearing their hair like that.

From what I've seen now I think womens hair will continue to get bigger/have more volume as the decade goes on. I wouldn't mind it since a lot of people seem to be tired of the really straight slick hair of the 00s.
there is a website cAalled lesbians who look like Justin beiber

Written By: Ashkicksass on 08/26/10 at 11:22 am

Every time I see this thread I think "not by the hair of my twenty-ten-tens."

Written By: whistledog on 08/26/10 at 12:49 pm

Every time I see this thread I think "not by the hair of my twenty-ten-tens."

;D That's awesome

Written By: 90steen on 08/28/10 at 10:13 pm

I've noticed brighter and more colorful clothes, starting around 2009 but increasing popularity this year, but as far as hair goes, I haven't noticed anything different since about, 2005.

Written By: apollonia1986 on 08/29/10 at 4:53 pm

I don't like the hair of now. I wear my own in a bob and my boyfriend, who is the self proclaimed number one Prince fan, wears his hair like Prince.  ::) No Bieber cuts because I told Dion I'd slap him if he rolled up with that.

:( I've never actually seen a black man with the Bieber cut, thank god.

Check for new replies or respond here...