inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I love Jennifer Ainston.....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/10 at 8:32 am

For being the one who sticks it to Bill "The Grinch Who Stole News Broadcasting" O'Reilly!

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20412790,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontent

The reason for Bill's latest rant of the rant of the week?

The film, The Switch, and the topic of single mothers and women, choosing in vitro fertilization or sperm donation, over the more traditional ways of means.

Speaking on his Fox show, O'Reilly said: "She's throwing a message out to 12 year-olds and 13 year-olds that, 'Hey you don't need a guy. You don't need a dad.' That is destructive to our society."

I love Jennifer's response to him:

"Of course, the ideal scenario for parenting is obviously two parents of a mature age. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs on earth, And, of course, many women dream of finding Prince Charming, but for those who've not yet found their Bill O'Reilly, I'm just glad science has provided a few other options."

Subject: Re: I love Jennifer Ainston.....

Written By: JTCool on 08/13/10 at 4:55 pm

I like how his statements sound so childish and Aniston's sound so mature. I've never watched his show (although somehow I've heard of him and his show) but his comments almost seem on borderline sexist. She's actually sending a very positive message that you don't have to settle with someone your not really in love with to have a baby.  I don't see how that's destructive to society? I also like how he makes it sound like her fanbase consists of just 12 and 13 year olds.

Subject: Re: I love Jennifer Ainston.....

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/13/10 at 6:20 pm

You see, Bill, buddy, pal, friend.....

Not every woman can give birth and have babies, or at the very least, have problems conceiving, so for them a sperm donor, is the last resort.

Sure, having a significant other is great and all, but do you really have a clue how hard, it is some to find some one to conceive with?

To even suggest, that some how having a baby as the result, of a sperm bank or in vitro, makes them less of a person, and a contributor to the destruction of civilization, is a horrible comment at best.

Perhaps, he wants a future straight of The Handmaiden's Tale or Children Of Men?

Bill, please wake up, and get with the program. Not everyone can fit into the box, that you want them to fit into.

Someone, like Jennifer Ainston, who dares to speak their mind, isn't what's wrong with world.

No, you Bill and you're bullying antics, are what's wrong the world.

>:(

Check for new replies or respond here...