inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hard Core Action has returned!!!!!

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/10 at 4:17 pm

After a long vacation, the high testosterone, bullet flinging, bad guy killing, f word swinging R rated action has returned!

Apparently, Eat Pray Love and Scott Pilgrim, were no match for the manliness that is Stallone.

Subject: Re: Hard Core Action has returned!!!!!

Written By: 80sfan on 08/14/10 at 4:38 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dance2.gif

I LOOOVE action movies.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 08/14/10 at 5:11 pm

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dance2.gif

I LOOOVE action movies.

Then you will love The Expendables!

Written By: gibbo on 08/14/10 at 5:17 pm

Then you will love The Expendables!

I saw this movie and was a little disappointed. What made movies like this interesting was that some of the main cast had to die( like in the Magnificent Seven). In The Expendables they kill with knives, guns and bare hands...but barely get hurt at all.

Still...it was interesting to see so many big name action stars in the one movie. What? ....was Chuck Norris unavailable?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/15/10 at 1:14 am

It's been nice to watch Sylvester Stallone develop as an actor over the decades!
:-\\

Written By: Howard on 08/15/10 at 6:39 am

It's been nice to watch Sylvester Stallone develop as an actor over the decades!
:-\\

He's already past his prime.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/10 at 2:17 am

He's already past his prime.

He was past his prime when he said yes to the script "Tango & Cash," and that was about 1989!  He was in that with Kurt Russell and it's one gay joke after another or something!
:D

I wonder what Frank Stallone's up to nowadays.

Written By: Howard on 08/16/10 at 6:33 am

In June/July 2010 Frank Stallone's music has been heavily talked about on the popular Australian radio show, Hamish and Andy. The song played most is 'Far From Over.' During the show Hamish and Andy coined the phrase 'The Frank Effect' which can be used to describe the feeling of elation and considerable physical boost one gets when listening to 'Far From Over' by Frank Stallone. On 19 July 2010 Hamish and Andy began a campaign to bring Frank Stallone out to Australia to perform. On 30 July 2010, also known as "Franksgiving", Hamish and Andy were successful in their attempt to bring Frank to Australia, announcing he would perform a live concert on Wednesday 18 August 2010, the tickets for which sold out in under 5 minutes when released on 10 August.

Written By: gibbo on 08/16/10 at 8:02 pm

In June/July 2010 Frank Stallone's music has been heavily talked about on the popular Australian radio show, Hamish and Andy. The song played most is 'Far From Over.' During the show Hamish and Andy coined the phrase 'The Frank Effect' which can be used to describe the feeling of elation and considerable physical boost one gets when listening to 'Far From Over' by Frank Stallone. On 19 July 2010 Hamish and Andy began a campaign to bring Frank Stallone out to Australia to perform. On 30 July 2010, also known as "Franksgiving", Hamish and Andy were successful in their attempt to bring Frank to Australia, announcing he would perform a live concert on Wednesday 18 August 2010, the tickets for which sold out in under 5 minutes when released on 10 August.

To put this in perspective....Hamish and Andy are a comedy radio duo who will do just about anything for a laugh. Lucky Andy goes out with (now retired) supermodel Megan Gale!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 08/16/10 at 10:30 pm

I remember "Far From Over."

I also remember Frank Stallone kicking the snot out of Mickey Rourke in "Barfly."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Written By: Howard on 08/17/10 at 5:16 am

I remember "Far From Over."

I also remember Frank Stallone kicking the snot out of Mickey Rourke in "Barfly."
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

And that was a good song in 1983.

Check for new replies or respond here...