inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This Could Change The Future

Written By: Superflykid2008 on 09/05/10 at 1:04 am

Check out this video. This type of technology could open all types of doors, from clothes that change images, and colors; moving newspapers; military camo suits; digital wallpaper for your house. It's pretty amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWZPJXQorc

Subject: Re: This Could Change The Future

Written By: Superflykid2008 on 09/05/10 at 1:07 am

Check out this video. This type of technology could open all types of doors, from clothes that change images, and colors; moving newspapers; military camo suits; digital wallpaper for your house. It's pretty amazing! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWZPJXQorc

oops!!! lol WRONG LINK ABOVE!!! HAHAHAHA....that's...well, never mind what that is. Here is the video I was talking about...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OvTLg4i2_U

Written By: snozberries on 09/05/10 at 1:28 am

If you joined the boards you could modify your posts... that first video whatever the hell it was hurt my eyes and gave me a headache so I had to turn it off....

I thought you were going away because you spend too much time online.  ::)

I don't see much use for the other thing... all that rolling and unrolling of the screen gave also made me motion sick... well to be fair I already had a headache and eye pain from the first video so I didn't have much farther to go. Think I'm going to be now.. I'm seriously going to be sick...
thanks for nothing SFK.  8-P

Written By: Emman on 09/05/10 at 2:17 am

Yeah this is very cool technology, it's electronic paper(OLED screen) and will be widely available by the late 2010s.(I have good knowledge in technology)
I'm glad you posted this! COOL!  ;) and Superflykid, most people can't see past the next 5 minutes much less 5-10 years, so they probably won't see much in this technology because it is still in it's developmental stage.

Written By: whistledog on 09/05/10 at 8:25 am

This Could Change The Future

You joining the boards could very well change the future.  In the United States and some parts of Europe, most Internet forums require registration to post. Registered users of the site are referred to as members and are allowed to submit or send electronic messages through the web application. The process of registration involves verification of one's age (typically over 12 is required so as to meet COPPA requirements of American forum software) followed by a declaration of the terms of service (other documents may also be present) and a request for agreement to said terms.  Subsequently, if all goes well, the candidate is presented with a web form to fill requesting at the very least: a username (an alias), password, email and validation of a CAPTCHA code.

While simply completing the registration web form is generally enough to generate an account the status label Inactive is commonly given by default until the registered user confirms the email address given while registering indeed belongs to him. Until that time, the registered can log in to his new account but may not use the forum for communication (posts, threads, private messages). Internet Forums are used frequently in conjunction with multiplayer online game

Sometimes a referrer system is implemented. A referrer is someone who introduced or otherwise "helped someone" with the decision to join the site (similarly how a HTTP referrer is the site who linked one to another site). Usually, referrers are other forum members,and members are usually rewarded for referrals. The referrer system is also sometimes implemented so that if a visitor visits the forum though a link such as referrerid=300, the user with the id number (in this example, 300) would receive referral credit if the visitor registers. The purpose is commonly just to give credit (sometimes rewards are implied) to those who help the community grow.

In areas such as China and Japan, registration is frequently optional and anonymity is sometimes even encouraged. On these forums, a tripcode system may be used to allow verification of an identity without the need for formal registration. People who do not register and/or post are often referred to as "lurkers".

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/10 at 11:17 am

You joining the boards could very well change the future.  In the United States and some parts of Europe, most Internet forums require registration to post. Registered users of the site are referred to as members and are allowed to submit or send electronic messages through the web application. The process of registration involves verification of one's age (typically over 12 is required so as to meet COPPA requirements of American forum software) followed by a declaration of the terms of service (other documents may also be present) and a request for agreement to said terms.  Subsequently, if all goes well, the candidate is presented with a web form to fill requesting at the very least: a username (an alias), password, email and validation of a CAPTCHA code.

While simply completing the registration web form is generally enough to generate an account the status label Inactive is commonly given by default until the registered user confirms the email address given while registering indeed belongs to him. Until that time, the registered can log in to his new account but may not use the forum for communication (posts, threads, private messages). Internet Forums are used frequently in conjunction with multiplayer online game

Sometimes a referrer system is implemented. A referrer is someone who introduced or otherwise "helped someone" with the decision to join the site (similarly how a HTTP referrer is the site who linked one to another site). Usually, referrers are other forum members,and members are usually rewarded for referrals. The referrer system is also sometimes implemented so that if a visitor visits the forum though a link such as referrerid=300, the user with the id number (in this example, 300) would receive referral credit if the visitor registers. The purpose is commonly just to give credit (sometimes rewards are implied) to those who help the community grow.

In areas such as China and Japan, registration is frequently optional and anonymity is sometimes even encouraged. On these forums, a tripcode system may be used to allow verification of an identity without the need for formal registration. People who do not register and/or post are often referred to as "lurkers".

I was going to say something similar but you beat me to it.

Cat

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/06/10 at 12:33 pm

OMG!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o

Total Members: 1267
Latest Member: Superflykid2008

Cat

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/06/10 at 1:01 pm

Cat

The  future has now been changed!

Written By: snozberries on 09/06/10 at 1:02 pm

Cat

no way... you just made that up!!!!  :o

Written By: Howard on 09/06/10 at 2:04 pm

Cat

WTF?!?!  :o

Written By: batfan2005 on 09/07/10 at 3:55 am

I didn't watch the videos, but from reading the posts it sounds like the technology that was shown in the movie "Minority Report", like with the newspapers and magazine covers that had the movie animation, even the cereal box front had animation which lead to the comic effect of Tom Cruise's character throwing the box across the room out of annoyance.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/08/10 at 5:11 am

Cat

So did he or didn't he???  ???

Because the suspense is killing me.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/08/10 at 6:15 am

So did he or didn't he???  ???

Because the suspense is killing me.  ::)

That's what I want to know. ::)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/09/10 at 9:13 am

That's what I want to know. ::)

I think it was just a ruse. :P

Written By: Howard on 09/09/10 at 12:03 pm

I think it was just a ruse. :P

What do you mean by that? ???

Written By: snozberries on 09/09/10 at 12:17 pm

What do you mean by that? ???

he means that SFK joined because we kept talking about him joining but he hasn't, at least to my knowledge, made one post as a member...

personally I count this as a win-win!  ;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/09/10 at 8:08 pm

he means that SFK joined because we kept talking about him joining but he hasn't, at least to my knowledge, made one post as a member...

personally I count this as a win-win!  ;D

No, I meant that someone else might have registered under SFK's name just as a goof.  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/10/10 at 1:21 am

No, I meant that someone else might have registered under SFK's name just as a goof.  ::)
A-ha!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/10 at 11:25 am

Unfortunately, the mods haven't been around to check the ISP to see if this is true-unless you know something that I don't know, Al.  ;)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 09/10/10 at 2:44 pm

Unfortunately, the mods haven't been around to check the ISP to see if this is true-unless you know something that I don't know, Al.  ;)

Cat

So,where is Chucky when you need him? ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/10/10 at 2:56 pm

So,where is Chucky when you need him? ???

I wouldn't bother Chucky for this. This is more up Red Ant's and/or Tam's alley.

Cat

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/11/10 at 8:43 am

Unfortunately, the mods haven't been around to check the ISP to see if this is true-unless you know something that I don't know, Al.  ;)

Cat

What they really ought to do is change it to where you have to be a registered member to start new topics.

Can I get an AMEN?

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!?

:D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/11/10 at 11:22 am

What they really ought to do is change it to where you have to be a registered member to start new topics.

Can I get an AMEN?

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!?

:D

I do so want to give you an AMEN & a HALLELUJAH-BUT there are some people who come here looking for info-like the name of a song or who sings whatever. Because of that, Chucky wants to keep it so guests can post that kind of stuff. Unfortunately, you have people (and I won't mention any by names but we all know who they are) who flood the boards with all sorts of stuff without joining. Now, I wonder if it is possible that ok, you can start ONE and only ONE thread as a guest but if you want to start more than one, THEN you have to join.

Cat

Written By: whistledog on 09/11/10 at 11:24 am

He might've only registered so he can gaze upon the board sections that you have to be a member to see.

That's right, all you recurring guests who won't join.  There is more ... lol

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/11/10 at 1:13 pm

I looked at the list of registered members and Superflykid2008 is no longer there, he must've unregistered himself.

What a dick.  ::)

Written By: nally on 09/11/10 at 1:16 pm

I looked at the list of registered members and Superflykid2008 is no longer there, he must've unregistered himself.

He's such a dick.  ::)

It still exists (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=12844), but it might've been deactivated, or never activated at all (which may or may not be why it doesn't show up on the list). Account has apparently never been active yet. ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/11/10 at 2:37 pm

Wow,that quickly?  ???  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 09/11/10 at 3:00 pm

Personally I like it this way---- now that he signed up he's decided not to post...so we get the membership but don't have to deal with the inane topics! WIN!!!  O0

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/11/10 at 9:31 pm

What did he do to earn the epithet "dick"!
???

Written By: Starde on 09/11/10 at 11:53 pm

So, did he or did he not register?

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/12/10 at 1:05 am

What did he do to earn the epithet "dick"!
???
You think that was a little harsh? Perhaps you might be right.

Then again, SFK comes off as being a tad passive-aggressive, he keeps starting all these new threads but then he turns around and says he doesn't want to register because he wants to quit posting in messageboards so he can "get a life."

I dunno, if you want to know my opinion I think he likes posting here but he doesn't want to register because he thinks we have no lives and that he's better than all of us.  ::)

So yeah, he's a dick.

Written By: Howard on 09/12/10 at 6:50 am

Then again, SFK comes off as being a tad passive-aggressive, he keeps starting all these new threads but then he turns around and says he doesn't want to register because he wants to quit posting in messageboards so he can "get a life."

I dunno, if you want to know my opinion I think he likes posting here but he doesn't want to register because he thinks we have no lives and that he's better than all of us.  ::)

So yeah, he's a dick.

I agree with you.

Written By: nally on 09/12/10 at 5:18 pm

So, did he or did he not register?

We thought he did, given that there was a user account with that name, but apparently the account never got activated.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/10 at 1:39 am

We thought he did, given that there was a user account with that name, but apparently the account never got activated.
Will it ever now?

Written By: Howard on 09/13/10 at 6:30 am

Will it ever now?

maybe sometime soon. ::)

Written By: nally on 09/13/10 at 11:26 am

maybe sometime soon. ::)

Let me click on this link again...

It still exists (http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?action=profile;u=12844), but it might've been deactivated, or never activated at all (which may or may not be why it doesn't show up on the list). Account has apparently never been active yet. ::)

Nope, still says "Never" next to "Last Active:". ::)

Written By: Howard on 09/13/10 at 6:38 pm

Yep,we were right!  ::)

Written By: nally on 09/13/10 at 6:58 pm

Yep,we were right!  ::)

I noticed that the email address listed in the profile is different than the one listed in his guest posts. ::) So maybe it's not necessarily the same entity.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 09/13/10 at 11:47 pm

So yeah, he's a dick.

Maybe he needs to go to inthe00s anon!  inthe00s is addictive!  I mean, I post here all the time, but I'm not hooked, I could quit any time I wanted, I just don't want to!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/poke.gif

Yeah, he's a dick.  It costs nothing to register and you can post every day, every week, every month, or every year.  There are members of inthe00s I thought were long gone, but all of a sudden, they show up again!  SFK looked like he had something to hide.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/14/10 at 4:11 pm

Maybe he needs to go to inthe00s anon!  inthe00s is addictive!  I mean, I post here all the time, but I'm not hooked, I could quit any time I wanted, I just don't want to!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/08/poke.gif

Yeah, he's a dick.  It costs nothing to register and you can post every day, every week, every month, or every year.  There are members of inthe00s I thought were long gone, but all of a sudden, they show up again!  SFK looked like he had something to hide.

Like Richard Pryor once said, "I've been doing cocaine for 15 years, and I still ain't hooked!"  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...