inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Apprentice is back without the celebrities...

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/10 at 12:05 am

I have to admit I like the concept this year... take a group of people who have been hit hard by the recession and give them a shot at a job in the Trump organization... so far (we're in week three) the losers are doing okay...

week one- the beauty queen loses and trump (supposedly) arranges an interview for her with the Miss Universe people. I suspect she declined or it didn't go well because there was no update...

Week two... what's his name who lost gave an update that he has his dream job managing a construction company.

Week three.... James the out of work lawyer gets a job with the NY Attorney General's Office....

Okay so... I have to say it's been a volatile three weeks... the contestants are hungry which makes them even more brutal... two I personally think they should go just for being loud, obnoxious and annoying...then again this is donald trump so he probably likes them...

the female DA Maysa or something like that.. that woman is a pit bull and has little class.. she will attack with very little provocation. I just don't get people acting out- I get it for reality TV but if that's how she was as a DA no wonder she's out of work  ::)

the worst one is David... first of all this arrogant son of bitch seems to think he needs the job more than anyone because he is collecting unemployment and has 5 kids... guess what.... almost everyone on the show is unemployed or no longer working a great job because of the economy... you're not special... 

the thing about David is he undermines people. He says if he doesn't respect someone he won't give them respect... they are working on a project as a team... suck it up - how ever you feel about the team leader - do your damn job and then be project manager next time and get them fired on your freaking task...

I know no one liked James and James was wrong for shunning the owner of the dogwash place but there is never an excuse to behave like a freaking 5 yr old who's told he can't have the toy... not in front of the client... dpeasn't trump  realize that this guy could act like this in front of trumps contacts.  if the dude gets put on a team for someone trump has already hired but david thinks the person\s an idiot he will undermine them during every step of the process...  trump would be an idiot to hire this guy... I mean he'd be a bigger idiot than I already think he is...

it's always fun to watch how confident Ivanka is and how nervous Don Jr is around daddy...

Subject: Re: The Apprentice is back without the celebrities...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/02/10 at 2:10 am

The UK version of the Apprentice is due to start soon.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/02/10 at 5:16 am

I stopped watching a long time ago.  I thought bringing in Ivanka a big mistake, what are her qualifications to judge outside of being mini Trump?

Written By: Howard on 10/02/10 at 6:49 am

So now it's going to have regular people?

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/02/10 at 8:44 am

My thoughts on the latest Apprentice...

Mahsa:  I most definitely would party with her...  :P

David:  I think we can all understand why that jagoff is unemployed.  ;D
but he is prolly good for ratings so they keep him around.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/10 at 9:55 am

I stopped watching a long time ago.  I thought bringing in Ivanka a big mistake, what are her qualifications to judge outside of being mini Trump?

she graduated from Wharton School of Business and has been working for Daddy a few years. She knows what he's looking for in his Apprentice. I actually like her. I think poor Jr needs to figure out how to relax.

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/10 at 9:56 am

So now it's going to have regular people?

no... it now has regular people again... just like it did it's first couple of seasons. 

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/10 at 9:56 am

My thoughts on the latest Apprentice...

Mahsa:  I most definitely would party with her...  :P

David:  I think we can all understand why that jagoff is unemployed.  ;D
but he is prolly good for ratings so they keep him around.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/03/10 at 2:21 am

If I'm the big boss man of a corporation and I'm reviewing C.V.'s for upper management, the fact that you went on "The Apprentice" with the Donald. 

But it shows up good in your leadership skills!

I need somebody who can repair thermostats on submarines not run a lemonade stand with the Donald!
::)

Written By: Howard on 10/03/10 at 6:40 am

"You're Fired!"

Written By: snozberries on 10/10/10 at 3:02 pm

Last week's apprentice... the one with the popcorn videos.

Both of those videos were pretty lame.

I can't believe the donald fired Tanya or whatever her name was when she just came off a win last week and the problem with the video was the project manager took 90% control of the damn thing...  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 10/15/10 at 10:58 am

Last night's apprentice was really good... They were working for Rockport shoes and had to put on a fashion show...

They ladies hit that one out the park. The guys took a swing and knocked that shyt into the bleachers behind them... meaning they fouled out big time....

I don't know why, when Gene wasn't ready with his descriptors they didn't take it away from him them... hell.... when David was sitting there reading the crap Gene had written and he still had a few shoes to go... it was pretty obvious how dry and technical what he'd written was...someone should have stopped it right then.... yeah Donald finally made a good decision firing Gene and Wade... but I still hate David.

Written By: widget on 10/30/10 at 5:22 pm

really great board room this week.

Liza was totally going to be fired but then that loud DA, Masa, opened her mouth, told a lie and got fired... great stuff!

Written By: snozberries on 10/30/10 at 6:40 pm

really great board room this week.

Liza was totally going to be fired but then that loud DA, Masa, opened her mouth, told a lie and got fired... great stuff!

That was a great boardroom... how stupid was Liza... I've never been to a broadway play do people get on a stage and talk or sing or what?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/03/10 at 11:57 pm

The Donald is going to run for prez in 2012.  That's one way to get the wall built on the Mexican border.  In this case, the Mexicans will build the wall to keep Americans out of their country.  Canada will do likewise regardless of how far it is from Wilson's Beach, New Brunswick, to the Pacific Rim Preserve in BC, they'll build it 80 feet high and 40 feet wide!
:o

Written By: Howard on 11/04/10 at 6:36 am

The Donald is going to run for prez in 2012.  That's one way to get the wall built on the Mexican border.  In this case, the Mexicans will build the wall to keep Americans out of their country.  Canada will do likewise regardless of how far it is from Wilson's Beach, New Brunswick, to the Pacific Rim Preserve in BC, they'll build it 80 feet high and 40 feet wide!
:o

I'd vote for The Donald.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/10 at 8:36 am

I'd vote for The Donald.

See. This is why not everyone should have the right to vote

Written By: Howard on 11/04/10 at 7:45 pm

See. This is why not everyone should have the right to vote

He'd probably turn Pathmark into something better looking.

Written By: snozberries on 11/04/10 at 7:52 pm

He'd probably turn Pathmark into something better looking.

I don't think he'd give pathmark a second thought.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 11/04/10 at 8:27 pm

I don't think he'd give pathmark a second thought.  ::)

I can already know his thinking of Pathmark how gross and disgusting it is,he'd turn his head away from it.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/05/10 at 9:28 pm

I'd vote for The Donald.

I don't mean The Donald Duck...or Howard the Duck for that matter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/06/10 at 6:38 am

I don't mean The Donald Duck...or Howard the Duck for that matter!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/12/duckie.gif

or Donald Sutherland.

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/10 at 1:06 am

what a great episode this week.  First and foremost -  Trump mixed up the teams and two contestants who were fighting were on the same team... I'm am not dumb enough to think that it was coincidental but it was entertaining.

the task was good  do a photo spread / ad for Trump clothes... who knew he had a clothing line at macy's 

Well dictator David did not let his team work on the task... by his own admission he was responsible for 90% of the look of the add... and as a result he was 100% fired!  ;D  I'm so glad his obnoxious ass is gone... he was a loose cannon and respected no one... not his fellow contestants. not the clients... not trump (for whatever that's worth) and not his family because that's the image he showed the nation and when his 5 kids say my daddy was on TV  the other kids will find clips of Dave being and ass and go... you're daddy's a total tool...

even if david was playing the "role" of villain.. and paid to do so .. he dipped to new depths... and no one should ever sink that low.  not unless they are getting paid millions.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/11/10 at 6:49 am

He was on my last nerve as well.  His idea was good but the rest of the team needed to be in on the execution, maybe they would have used a picture with more models so more of the clothes would be shown.

And, would it have been so hard for them to find a shirt that fit his "pet" model?  This was supposed to be high end, the clothes should fit.

So, did you see the previews?  Who do you think will be fired for cheating?

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/10 at 11:12 am

He was on my last nerve as well.  His idea was good but the rest of the team needed to be in on the execution, maybe they would have used a picture with more models so more of the clothes would be shown.

And, would it have been so hard for them to find a shirt that fit his "pet" model?  This was supposed to be high end, the clothes should fit.

So, did you see the previews?  Who do you think will be fired for cheating?

I was watching them at the board room table and none of them (well except Annan sp?) were wearing shirts that fit at the neck so my guess is David has no clue about good fitting shirts!  ;D 

I don't watch previews so I didn't know about the cheating... if I had to hazard a guess I'd say Stephanie.  I do not trust her.

Written By: Dagwood on 11/11/10 at 6:07 pm

I don't watch previews so I didn't know about the cheating... if I had to hazard a guess I'd say Stephanie.  I do not trust her.

He had a text from someone who texted a friend to bring $50 to Trump Tower for the challenge (of course they didn't say which challenge) and to pretend they didn't know the person who sent the text.  I actually can't wait for tonight. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 11/11/10 at 8:08 pm

He had a text from someone who texted a friend to bring $50 to Trump Tower for the challenge (of course they didn't say which challenge) and to pretend they didn't know the person who sent the text.  I actually can't wait for tonight. ;D

I'm gonna go start watching right now!!! I love getting the east coast feed!!!

Written By: snozberries on 11/24/10 at 2:48 pm

Silly Anan... what the hell was he thinking...  ::)

I can't believe I forgot to post about how freaking gaudy the display the ladies did was... what the hell were they thinking? faux fur and plastic gems?  yeah that crap screams Kardashian.  ::) 

Poppy needed to go tho I can't believe Stephanie and Liza made it this far.

Well Liza anyway- since stephanie totally got fired this week.  her AT&T mobile tv commercial was lame  :P 

I think Clint's gonna win the whole thing.

Written By: snozberries on 11/28/10 at 9:13 pm

Wow. I can't believe the dudes lost. Well I can because that purse was priced way too high. But my god Liza sucked as Pm.
I thought it was going to Clint and stewart in the finale but now I'm confident it'll be Clint and brandy.

Written By: snozberries on 12/07/10 at 4:11 pm

No Surprise Clint and Brandy are the final two....

I laughed so hard when they spelled Liza's name wrong on the posters. The funny thing is- as I watched I was saying - when they were choosing art work for the posters - I said... okay now remember, there are two n's in Minnelli!  who know they'd actually make such an obvious mistake?

Somehow tho... putting Liza on the gift bags turned out worse for Brandy.... are they seriously giving away goodie bags with $10 gift certificates in them? 
and why give everyone a golf set? a cheap golf set... liza was right that a $1000 gift certificate wasn't tangible enough but um... giving a cheap golf set to someone who has an expensive is worse...when she was talking about giving them a putter or a driver or something. That seemed like a better choice

the next ep is going to be interesting for sure!

Check for new replies or respond here...