inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dusseldorf in Germany to host Eurovision Song Contest

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/10 at 1:22 am

Dusseldorf will host next year's Eurovision Song Contest following Germany's victory in Oslo this year with Satellite by Lena Meyer-Landrut.

It beat competition from Berlin, Hamburg and Hanover which all bid to host the event.

The contest's three live events - semi-finals on 10 and 12 May and the final on 14 May - will take place at the Esprit Arena.

"Dusseldorf twelve points," said Lutz Marmor, of German host broadcaster NDR.

"I congratulate Dusseldorf cordially and, just as cordially, I thank the other three cities for going into the race enthusiastically with attractive concepts."

Lena's Satellite was a number one hit in a number of European countries, including Germany and Sweden, while it reached number 30 in the UK.

Subject: Re: Dusseldorf in Germany to host Eurovision Song Contest

Written By: Henk on 10/13/10 at 1:08 pm

Dusseldorf will host next year's Eurovision Song Contest following Germany's victory in Oslo this year with Satellite by Lena Meyer-Landrut.

It beat competition from Berlin, Hamburg and Hanover which all bid to host the event.

The contest's three live events - semi-finals on 10 and 12 May and the final on 14 May - will take place at the Esprit Arena.

"Dusseldorf twelve points," said Lutz Marmor, of German host broadcaster NDR.

"I congratulate Dusseldorf cordially and, just as cordially, I thank the other three cities for going into the race enthusiastically with attractive concepts."

Lena's Satellite was a number one hit in a number of European countries, including Germany and Sweden, while it reached number 30 in the UK.

Well, at least it's a short trip home for whoever will represent The Netherlands next year. :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/10 at 1:10 pm

Well, at least it's a short trip home for whoever will represent The Netherlands next year. :D
btw, nil points to UK again?

Written By: Henk on 10/13/10 at 1:14 pm

btw, nil points to UK again?

I don't know. All depends on your entry, obviously.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/10 at 1:21 pm

I don't know. All depends on your entry, obviously.
It has to be much better next year!

Written By: Henk on 10/13/10 at 1:34 pm

It has to be much better next year!

Same here. It's time we made the final for a change!

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/10 at 1:35 pm

Same here. It's time we made the final for a change!
A good change here is to not enter at all!

Written By: Henk on 10/13/10 at 1:47 pm

A good change here is to not enter at all!

Problem is, you're more or less morally obliged to enter - until you decide to stop finance the whole project.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/13/10 at 1:51 pm

Problem is, you're more or less morally obliged to enter - until you decide to stop finance the whole project.
Good point.

Check for new replies or respond here...