inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: French and Saunders to host festive Radio 2 shows

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/15/10 at 1:25 am

Comedy duo French and Saunders are to make their debuts as radio presenters hosting three two-hour shows on BBC Radio 2 over the festive period.

Dawn French said she was "chuffed to blooming heck" while Jennifer Saunders said she was "delighted to be presenting a show on the wireless".

The shows will be broadcast on Boxing Day, New Year's Day and 3 January.

Radio 2 said it wanted to "keep the French and Saunders inimitable brand of humour on Radio 2 during 2011".

"I can't wait for the opportunity to go to work with my negligee and kitten heels on and no make-up," French, 53, said.

Saunders, 52, added: "I is delighted to be presenting a show on the wireless with me good pal Dawn French. We hopes to be doing talking and spinning an unusual mix of happening disc records and talking to guests if any agree to join us."

Radio 2 and 6 Music controller Bob Shennan said that he was thrilled with the news "alongside their legions of fans".

He was already discussing further projects with the pair, he added.

Classic characters played by the duo in their long-running BBC One sketch show included a radio host, played by Saunders, who made cutting comments about the figure of a studio guest, played by French.

Subject: Re: French and Saunders to host festive Radio 2 shows

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/15/10 at 7:04 pm

oh sure, you get all the cool stuff in Britain.  over here we'll get some unwatchable special with the Kardasians or something equally repugnant.

Check for new replies or respond here...