inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Jackass 3D makes $50m chart debut

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/10 at 1:31 pm

Jackass 3D, the third film outing for stunt master Johnny Knoxville and friends, has topped the US box office with debut takings of $50m (£31.4m).

It is the third consecutive number one opening for the franchise.

It follows 2002's Jackass: The Movie, which opened with $22.8m (£14.4m) in 2002, and 2006's Jackass Number Two, which opened with $29m (£18.3m).

Jackass 3D set a record for the biggest October debut, beating the $48.1m opening for Scary Movie 3 in 2003.

The TV series of Jackass, which launched the career of actor Knoxville, was originally shown on MTV and featured the cast performing potentially self-harming stunts and pranks.

Paramount vice-president Don Harris said 3D lent itself perfectly to the Jackass concept.

"When some guy gets hit in the crotch with a baseball in 2D, it's one thing, but when he's kind of up in your face and it happens, it's another experience," he said.

Action comedy Red, starring Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich and Morgan Freeman, opened at number two with $22.5m (£14.2m).

Facebook film, The Social Network, dropped to third spot after spending two weeks at number one

Subject: Re: Jackass 3D makes $50m chart debut

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/18/10 at 1:31 pm

North American box office

* 1. Jackass 3D - $50m
    * 2. Red - $22.5m
    * 3. The Social Network - $11m
    * 4. Secretariat - $9.5m
    * 5. Life As We Know It - $9.2m

Source: Hollywood.com

Written By: LyricBoy on 10/18/10 at 6:34 pm

Not unexpected at all.

The prospect of seeing some dude get kicked in the nuts, in 3-D, is a guaranteed blockbuster. 

;D

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/19/10 at 2:46 pm

I don't know why, but I have this sneaking suspicion that this is one of those rare movies that could make me laugh until I cry.

Written By: 80sfan on 10/19/10 at 5:01 pm

I don't know why, but I have this sneaking suspicion that this is one of those rare movies that could make me laugh until I cry.

I have got to see this installment.     

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/21/10 at 9:30 pm

I saw...

http://www.untoldentertainment.com/blog/img/2010_03_22/idiocracy.jpg

...and yeah, it was exactly what I'd hoped it would be!

/Like that dude in Tienanmen Square... I'm - a - Jackass!
//OK, that's a Jay and Silent Bob song, but still...

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 10/21/10 at 10:22 pm

Not unexpected at all.

The prospect of seeing some dude get kicked in the nuts, in 3-D, is a guaranteed blockbuster. 

More like ballbuster!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/unhappy.gif

Check for new replies or respond here...