inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Lou Reed creates 'intimate' video for Susan Boyle's 'Perfect Day' cover

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/07/10 at 12:58 pm

Lou Reed has masterminded the video for Susan Boyle's version of 'Perfect Day' just months after banning her from covering his 1972 classic.

Reed refused to let Boyle cover the track on an episode of America's Got Talent earlier this year, but had a change of heart a few weeks later and allowed her to include the track on her album.

Following the u-turn, Reed asked to be in involved in the production of the video, which was shot on the banks of Loch Lomond, according to the Sunday Mail.

"I wanted to create a beautiful and intimate piece shot in Susan's native Scotland and she quickly agreed," Reed told the newspaper.

Boyle added: "I loved that Lou understood how much it meant to me to film in Scotland. I didn't mind how much it rained or blew a gale - I enjoyed every minute."

The 'Perfect Day' video is due to be premiered on ITV1 tonight (November 7) at 6.55pm (GMT), while 'The Gift' is released tomorrow.

Boyle described Reed as "childish" during an interview on Piers Morgan's Life Stories which was screened last night but is believed to have been filmed before the Velvet Underground man became involved in the video project.

Subject: Re: Lou Reed creates 'intimate' video for Susan Boyle's 'Perfect Day' cover

Written By: danootaandme on 11/07/10 at 3:28 pm

What's up with Lou?  I couldn't believe the little snit he got into over Susan singing that song. He's just a coddled twit who has outlasted his notoriety.

Subject: Re: Lou Reed creates 'intimate' video for Susan Boyle's 'Perfect Day' cover

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/08/10 at 8:55 pm

What's up with Lou?  I couldn't believe the little snit he got into over Susan singing that song. He's just a coddled twit who has outlasted his notoriety.

When was Lou more drunk -- when he told Boyle to get lost or when he directed her video?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Not sure why Laurie Anderson stays with him.  I know she's a woman of great resolve, but otherwise...I mean Laurie's new stuff is awesome.  Lou's is not so good.

Susan Boyle, on the other hand, sounds like the very big, very loud girl in my H.S. concert choir!
8)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/09/10 at 6:31 am

When was Lou more drunk -- when he told Boyle to get lost or when he directed her video?
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_scratch.gif

Not sure why Laurie Anderson stays with him.  I know she's a woman of great resolve, but otherwise...I mean Laurie's new stuff is awesome.  Lou's is not so good.

Susan Boyle, on the other hand, sounds like the very big, very loud girl in my H.S. concert choir!
8)

I like Susan, I hate the production of Perfect Day...sounds like an crude Phil Spector imitation Wall of Sound ....sucks.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/09/10 at 8:27 am

How many people want to see an 'intimate' video of Susan?  ???

Written By: danootaandme on 11/09/10 at 8:41 am

How many people want to see an 'intimate' video of Susan?   ???

Lou Reed?

Check for new replies or respond here...