inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Latest scam to make the rounds - Please send money 'emergency scam'

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/19/10 at 3:52 pm

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-lazarus-20101119,0,1032275.column

Hackers are gaining access to people's facebook accounts and then sending out bogus email asking for bail money.

Subject: Re: Latest scam to make the rounds - Please send money 'emergency scam'

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/10 at 4:18 pm

It was me!  The FBI busted me this afternoon.  I'm in the clink in Springfield.  All I need is $5,000 wired to me for the bond.  I don't suppose you good folks would mind passing the hat?
8)

Subject: Re: Latest scam to make the rounds - Please send money 'emergency scam'

Written By: gibbo on 11/19/10 at 5:01 pm

It was me!  The FBI busted me this afternoon.  I'm in the clink in Springfield.  All I need is $5,000 wired to me for the bond.  I don't suppose you good folks would mind passing the hat?
8)

I'll just dash out the back and print off some more of the green stuff. Don't worry. Trust me!  ;)

Written By: Howard on 11/19/10 at 5:07 pm

8)

How much?  ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/10 at 5:54 pm

How much?  ::)

C'mon, be cool.  I just need five grand.  I'm good for it!
8)

Written By: Howard on 11/19/10 at 5:57 pm

C'mon, be cool.  I just need five grand.  I'm good for it!
8)

I have 3 grand.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/19/10 at 5:59 pm

I have 3 grand.

Aw, Howard, don't hold out on a buddy like that!
;D

Written By: Howard on 11/19/10 at 5:59 pm

Aw, Howard, don't hold out on a buddy like that!
;D

you want my bank account? ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/10 at 4:30 pm

I have 3 grand.
In a Swiss Bank Account?

Written By: seamermar on 11/20/10 at 4:32 pm

I'll just dash out the back and print off some more of the green stuff. Don't worry. Trust me!  ;)

There's million in the ground
But not a penny for me.

If you can't sneak out some coal for a pal, I doubt you print any bill back to anyone  ::)

I'm thinking about a song for you Gibbo  ;)

Written By: seamermar on 11/20/10 at 4:34 pm

In a Swiss Bank Account?

I bet he stuck his bucks beneath his bed  ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/20/10 at 4:35 pm

you want my bank account? ::)
Someone in Nigeria may have already your bank account

Written By: Howard on 11/20/10 at 5:14 pm

In a Swiss Bank Account?

No a regular bank account.

Written By: Howard on 11/20/10 at 5:15 pm

I bet he stuck his bucks beneath his bed  ::)

No it won't fit there.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 12:33 am

No a regular bank account.
Just a regular bank account should do very nicely!

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 6:37 am

Just a regular bank account should do very nicely!

When would you like it by?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 6:38 am

When would you like it by?
At a guess, as soon as possible.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 6:43 am

At a guess, as soon as possible.

How about a check?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 6:44 am

How about a check?
Could PayPal be quicker?

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 6:45 am

Could PayPal be quicker?

No I don't have a Paypal account.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/21/10 at 6:46 am

No I don't have a Paypal account.
It will have to be a cheque then.

Written By: Howard on 11/21/10 at 6:55 am

It will have to be a cheque then.

A check it shall be.

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/21/10 at 4:27 pm

Actually, fake Cancer victim is the latest scam, of the moment.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/22/10 at 7:15 pm

Actually, fake Cancer victim is the latest scam, of the moment.

Not funny.  I have fake cancer and I can't even get the Jimmy Fund to listen!
:(

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 6:49 am

Not funny.  I have fake cancer and I can't even get the Jimmy Fund to listen!
:(

When did you start having fake cancer? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/23/10 at 10:13 am

When did you start having fake cancer? ???

When the fake results returned from the fake cancer clinic administrated by the fake doctors!
:o

Written By: Howard on 11/23/10 at 9:08 pm

When the fake results returned from the fake cancer clinic administrated by the fake doctors!
:o

A bunch of fakes.

Check for new replies or respond here...