inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dr Drew Presents... Celebrity Rehab Season 4

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/28/10 at 7:11 pm

http://www.vh1.com/video/celebrity-rehab-4/full-episodes/season-premiere/1652717/playlist.jhtml

VH-1 will be premiering the 4th season of Celebrity Rehab, a reality show about drug rehabilitation,  in a week or so.  This season's contestants are:

Janice Dickinson (Supermodel)
Rachel Urchitel (Tiger Woods' squeeze)
Leif Garret (Teen Idol)
Jason Davis (Some Billionaire heir dude)
Keisha Cole's mother
Eric Roberts (Dude who played Paul Snider in "Star 80")

...and a couple more.

According to the preview video, this season promises to have the most difficult addicts yet.

Subject: Re: Dr Drew Presents... Celebrity Rehab Season 4

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/28/10 at 11:33 pm

Hey b-list celebs, is your career flagging out?  Are those calls from your agent few and far between?  Here's an idea: Get hooked on heroin. 
::)

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/10 at 5:12 am

Hey b-list celebs, is your career flagging out?  Are those calls from your agent few and far between?  Here's an idea: Get hooked on heroin. 

From the trailer, it appears that Eric Roberts has been off heroin and coke for years.  His remaining vice is reefer, which he does not smoke but "vaporizes".  First I heard of that practice.

Similarly, this Jason Davis dude got off heroin as he was prescribed Oxycodone as a substitute.  So now, naturally, he is hooked on Oxy.  (This is why Drew is vociferously opposed to "substitution therapies" like methadone because they do not address the primal problem... addiction)

Written By: Howard on 11/29/10 at 6:40 am

What? No Lindsey Lohan?  :o

Written By: JamieMcBain on 11/29/10 at 3:20 pm

What? No Lindsey Lohan?  :o

Give her time.

Written By: LyricBoy on 11/29/10 at 6:20 pm

Give her time.

Oh, I'll give her more than time... :P

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/29/10 at 8:22 pm

From the trailer, it appears that Eric Roberts has been off heroin and coke for years.  His remaining vice is reefer, which he does not smoke but "vaporizes".  First I heard of that practice.

Vaporizing is a real nice way to get baked!
8)

Marijuana users rarely need "rehab" to quit.  It's not physically addictive.  A minority of users become psychologically habituated.  Heavy users as such might need some counseling or a 12-step program, but they don't go through cold sweats, convulsions, and hallucinations like alcoholics or heroin addicts do. 

When I caught myself smoking the stuff too much, I just stopped buying it.  I missed it for a few days but that was it.  Now I just do it socially, but I don't crave pot.

Marijuana is not good for kids or people with psychiatric problems.  However, I have major depression and it doesn't bother me.  It neither hurts nor helps the clinical illness.

Similarly, this Jason Davis dude got off heroin as he was prescribed Oxycodone as a substitute.  So now, naturally, he is hooked on Oxy.  (This is why Drew is vociferously opposed to "substitution therapies" like methadone because they do not address the primal problem... addiction)

That's like prescribing whiskey to a wino!  I agree with Dr. Drew in this case.  Injection with dirty needles and sending the contaminants used to cut street heroin destroys the health of the addict more quickly than the opiates; however, if you're addicted to Oxycodone or methadone, you're still addicted to opiates.  Most addicts who quit heroin and stay off the junk do so because they finally get sick of it, but it is the lucky addict who gets sick of it before he's riddled with hepatitis and HIV or takes a hot shot and croaks!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/buck.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/30/10 at 6:41 am

Give her time.

About a month or 2.

Check for new replies or respond here...