inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2010s in drugs

Written By: Ryan112390 on 12/09/10 at 2:19 am

What drugs do you think will define the 2010s?
For example, Pot, LSD, Shrooms and all sorts of drugs along with Valium were HUGE in the '60s.
The '70s was the era of Heroin, Qualludes, Poppers and all sorts of drugs along that line.
The '80s was the decade of Cocaine, and later in the '80s, Crack.
The '90s had crack early in the decade, Heroin resurged in the mid 90s with the Grunge Heroin chic, and by the late 90s Ecstasy and Anti-Depressents were the huge drugs.
That bled over into the early '00s and I think the '00s were defined by Ecstasy, Prespectipn drugs, Pot and to a lesser extent Shrooms.

What do you think will be big in terms of drugs in the 2010s

Subject: Re: 2010s in drugs

Written By: JTCool on 12/09/10 at 3:58 pm

I can't believe how many kids in my high school smoke pot or have smoked it. So I'd say, for teens at least, that that's the big drug right now. And the weirdest thing is that you are in the minority if you haven't smoked pot at our high school!  :D

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/10 at 4:00 pm

Just say no!

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/10 at 7:52 pm

Latisse

Written By: Howard on 12/09/10 at 8:09 pm

grass and marajuana.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/09/10 at 8:36 pm

grass and marajuana.

Reefer too.  ;)

Written By: Howard on 12/10/10 at 6:16 am

How about bongs?

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/10/10 at 6:34 pm

How about bongs?

Sure why not.

Fill the bong with some "Blackout in a can" stuff (Four Loko) for that little extra kick.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/10/10 at 7:55 pm

Sure why not.

Fill the bong with some "Blackout in a can" stuff (Four Loko) for that little extra kick.   ;D

I don't think Pathmark sells Four Loko. ???

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/12/10 at 4:01 pm

Seems like the "new drug" around here is the Synthetic Pot and Salvia.  The only drugs I take are Advil and the occasional Benadryl.  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/12/10 at 4:43 pm

grass and marajuana.

You are aware that grass & marijuana are the same thing, right?

How about bongs?

Also, bongs are NOT a drug but how someone smokes certain drugs.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/13/10 at 6:34 am

You are aware that grass & marijuana are the same thing, right?

Also, bongs are NOT a drug but how someone smokes certain drugs.

Cat

yes I know that.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/10 at 5:04 pm

Seems like the "new drug" around here is the Synthetic Pot and Salvia.  The only drugs I take are Advil and the occasional Benadryl.  ;D

Is Miley Cyrus' saliva now considered a drug? ???

Written By: Howard on 12/13/10 at 7:48 pm

Is Miley Cyrus' saliva now considered a drug? ???

Well she smoked it.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/10 at 7:51 pm

Well she smoked it.

How does one smoke saliva?  I mean it's all wet.

Written By: Howard on 12/13/10 at 7:51 pm

How does one smoke saliva?  I mean it's all wet.

No it's called Salvia.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/13/10 at 7:56 pm

No it's called Salvia.

Oh.  Now I understand.  :-[

Written By: Howard on 12/13/10 at 8:30 pm

Oh.  Now I understand.   :-[

I've never of Saliva being a drug,unless you want to smoke your own spit! ;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/13/10 at 11:07 pm

Pharmaceuticals are in.  My generation is obsessed with them.  They're a lifestyle.  It used to be only if you got the flu or the crabs or a bad case of the crazies that you took "medications."  Our parents stopped with pot and acid.  We're tweaking an anxiolytic with an antipsycotic augmented by an anticonvulsant in combination with a hypnotic h.s., and then they'll tell you about their kids' medications!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_colors.gif

I mean, they're necessary for people like me who do fight psychiatric disorders, such as depression or bipolarity, but out parents had the misapprehension you are supposed to feel good about who you are and everything that happens. 

"Either that or be victim all your life!"

-- Dr. Mark Winslow

(played by by Dabney Coleman in the Chevy Chase b-movie "Modern Problems" (1981).  Dr. Mark is a stunning premonition of Dr. Phil!
;D

In the end, Werner Erhard told the same story as the Gospels.  You are perfect just as you are, but you need to learn to be just what you are.  The chief difference is Jesus emphasized poverty and charity, EST emphasize power and ego.  The difference is not so much the story in the Bible or in L. Ron Hubbard's novels.  We are created to be perfect, but we have fallen because of our own free will.  The difference is the directive. 

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/18/10 at 6:39 pm

A pleasant reminder from the Department of Reality: just becase a drug is legal, doesn't mean it's safe.

When even the sort of people who regularly use drugs other than caffeine and alcohol (suppose, hypothetically, you were to google a word like "erowid" and the name of some drug at the same time...) suggest that the "diviner's sage" has no recreational value, I tend to notice. Disassociatives are not hallucinogens, nor are they psychedelics.

The only drugs I do are caffeine and alcohol.  I support broad-based legalization because I believe in the inherent right of morons to do stupid things... and because "morons" + "stupid things" = "funny!" 

I'm one of those morons: on a risk-adjusted basis, my caffeine's pretty safe, but my booze kills more people per year than cigarettes.  I can skew the odds in my favor by (a) not driving after consuming it, (b) not consuming so much that I break a leg while faceplanting into the toilet, and (c) not doing it so often that my liver implodes... but even then, I'm only fudging the numbers at the margins.

My call for the Drug of the 2010s:  Pot.  Legalize it, and the hippies will have something simultaneously more pleasant and safer than the legal alternatives.  It'll be a fad for a few years, and then fade out as everyone goes back to alcohol, which, unlike pot, is actually addictive.

Written By: Creeder on 12/19/10 at 11:33 am

Drugs must be destroyed.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/10 at 2:46 pm

Don't Do Drugs.

Written By: bchris02 on 12/19/10 at 4:46 pm

I can't believe how many kids in my high school smoke pot or have smoked it. So I'd say, for teens at least, that that's the big drug right now. And the weirdest thing is that you are in the minority if you haven't smoked pot at our high school!  :D

This is an improvement.  At least marijuana is the least harmful drug and its not addictive so if teens are going to do drugs its better that its marijuana rather than harder drugs.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/19/10 at 4:58 pm

My Mum is in the hospital and they gave her Ativan.  Man, that stuff will knock you on your ass.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 12/20/10 at 6:51 am

My Mum is in the hospital and they gave her Ativan.  Man, that stuff will knock you on your ass.  :-\\

What does she take it for?  ???

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/10 at 12:53 pm

Drugs must be destroyed.

Not all drugs are harmful if used correctly. Some drugs can save lives.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/20/10 at 2:58 pm

Not all drugs are harmful if used correctly. Some drugs can save lives.

Cat

And some drugs can be used in powders or pills.

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/20/10 at 5:10 pm

What does she take it for?  ???

Extreme anxiety. She has Alzheimer's Disease and is in the final stages of congestive heart failure.  :-\\

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/20/10 at 5:45 pm

Extreme anxiety. She has Alzheimer's Disease and is in the final stages of congestive heart failure.  :-\\

I am so sorry to hear that.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 12/21/10 at 7:44 am

I'm sorry to hear that,hope she gets better.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...