inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brave or stupid?

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/10 at 11:11 am

A gunman holds a school board committee hostage.
Upset after his wife was allegedly fired a gunman storms a school board meeting, orders the women to leave and then fires shots at the men. He misses. One of the women released sneaks up behind the gunman and smacks him with her purse. She intended to disarm him but failed he then turned on her. He could've shot her but he didn't. 

So the question is. Was she brave or was she stupid.

Btw if possible can someone post the video for me?
Or I'll post it later when I get to a computer.

Subject: Re: Brave or stupid?

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/15/10 at 12:43 pm

Good question...I have visions of Ruth Buzzi's character Gladys Ormphby  ;D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJ-HmfAnJM

I think it was pretty stupid. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 12/15/10 at 3:34 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKN7zmtK9-s

Written By: Dagwood on 12/15/10 at 6:28 pm

I would say stupid.  Not a good idea when he has a gun.

Written By: ladybug316 on 12/15/10 at 6:56 pm

It was stupid!  That's a move only the desperate should make.  She was already out of the room and obviously not equipped to take him down.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/15/10 at 8:19 pm

STUPID!
::)

Written By: Howard on 12/15/10 at 8:25 pm

STUPID!  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 12/15/10 at 8:52 pm

Thanks for playing. I agree. If she was gonna ambush him she shouldve found something heavier.

Carol thanx for posting the clip.
And that Ruth buzzie clip is priceless
I was thinking of flip wilsons Geraldine  but I think Ruth buzzie is more accurate.

Written By: Howard on 12/16/10 at 6:50 am

She could've used a big brick or something like it.

Written By: 80s_cheerleader on 12/16/10 at 9:09 am

Or, at the very least, if she was going to hit him with her purse, hit him in the HEAD!!!  Trust me, with a purse that big, it could have been VERY heavy, but hitting him in the shoulder wasn't going to do jack squat  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/16/10 at 12:10 pm

Or, at the very least, if she was going to hit him with her purse, hit him in the HEAD!!!  Trust me, with a purse that big, it could have been VERY heavy, but hitting him in the shoulder wasn't going to do jack squat  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/splat.gif

or she could've low blowed him but that wouldn't do anything to him.

Written By: snozberries on 12/16/10 at 1:28 pm

or she could've low blowed him but that wouldn't do anything to him.

I don't think she had a good angle to gain the right momentum for that Howard.

Good point. Hitting Jim on the head could have stunned him. Plus his immediate reaction would have been to put his hands to his head not turn around and grab her.

:)

Written By: apollonia1986 on 12/16/10 at 10:36 pm

STUPID!

IF I had gotten out, I'd be in a church somewhere lighting candles and thanking God I didn't get turned into Swiss Cheese.

Written By: 80sfan on 12/16/10 at 10:59 pm

I don't really like to call people stupid, but I vote stupid!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 12/17/10 at 6:47 am

You never mess with people who have a gun in their hands. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/10 at 9:47 am

You never mess with people who have a gun in their hands. ::)

Sound and practical advice, Howard.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

Written By: Howard on 12/17/10 at 7:08 pm

Sound and practical advice, Howard.
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/znaika.gif

They could strike you at any moment,your life could be gone.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/17/10 at 9:24 pm

They could strike you at any moment,your life could be gone.

Some folks will say you should have a gun too...but if the other dudes already got his out, you better be PDQ.  Better not to take the chance!
:o

Written By: LyricBoy on 12/18/10 at 3:46 am

I say bully for her. It is about time people stood up to the scum bags. Paul Kersey woulda been proud of her.  8)

Here in Picksburgh lately we have had two situations where a robbery victim fought back and permanently swept the streets of a criminal. In one case a 20-year-old gal scuffled with her assailant, took away his pistol, and blew his arse away. And the other day a 63-year-old storekeeper was robbed by this cat who had a .380 and tased the storekeeper.  When the crook came back for more the victim drew a .44 from his desk drawer and planted one shot between the robber's eyes at close range. Bet that made a mess reminiscent of a Gallagher performance.

Written By: Howard on 12/18/10 at 6:35 am

Some folks will say you should have a gun too...but if the other dudes already got his out, you better be PDQ.  Better not to take the chance!
:o

"I'm a lover,not a fighter".

- Michael Jackson

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/18/10 at 7:45 am

I say bully for her. It is about time people stood up to the scum bags. Paul Kersey woulda been proud of her.  8)

Here in Picksburgh lately we have had two situations where a robbery victim fought back and permanently swept the streets of a criminal. In one case a 20-year-old gal scuffled with her assailant, took away his pistol, and blew his arse away. And the other day a 63-year-old storekeeper was robbed by this cat who had a .380 and tased the storekeeper.  When the crook came back for more the victim drew a .44 from his desk drawer and planted one shot between the robber's eyes at close range. Bet that made a mess reminiscent of a Gallagher performance.

Whoa! A .44 bullet between the eyes at close range?  I wouldn't want to be the one picking up the pieces!  Too bad the sorry hood had to die, but I'll bet that old guy doesn't get robbed again!  Word gets out to the crackheads.  Stay away from Mr. Hooper's.  He'll blow your ass to kingdom come!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/uzi.gif

Written By: Step-chan on 12/18/10 at 7:09 pm

Stupidly brave is what I'd say.

Written By: snozberries on 12/18/10 at 8:26 pm

Stupidly brave is what I'd say.

Awesome observation.
O0

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/18/10 at 8:50 pm

Was she brave or was she stupid.

"Yes!"  Who said it was an either/or kind of question?

We salute you, crazy lady who was optimistic enough to think that the rest of your co-workers would have rushed the gunman while he was distracted.

Never bring a purse to a gunfight, but if a purse is all you have, bring it anyways.  Looking at the video, she caught him completely by surprise.  If she'd been able to swing it a bit harder, if she'd used a fire extinguisher instead of a purse, she really could have knocked it out of his hands.  

Epic Fail Guy (seriously, he draws a gun and spraypaints that symbol for something as silly as municipal politics?) lived only long enough to self-terminate?  Epic Win Cop makes a clean kill?  Gusty Ginger Chick learns that she's got more guts in her appendix than the rest of the city council had in its entire large intestine, including the colon?

No harm, no foul.  I'm calling it a win/win/win situation.

Written By: Howard on 12/19/10 at 6:51 am

Whoa! A .44 bullet between the eyes at close range?  I wouldn't want to be the one picking up the pieces!  Too bad the sorry hood had to die, but I'll bet that old guy doesn't get robbed again!  Word gets out to the crackheads.  Stay away from Mr. Hooper's.  He'll blow your ass to kingdom come!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/10/uzi.gif

What does Mr.Hooper have anything to do with this?  ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/19/10 at 1:21 pm

What does Mr.Hooper have anything to do with this?  ???

It's a joke, son!  Mr. Hooper was the store proprietor on Sesame Street back in the 1970s. 

Written By: Howard on 12/19/10 at 2:44 pm

She should've told him a joke. ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 12/19/10 at 7:28 pm

Awesome observation.
O0

O0

Check for new replies or respond here...