inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Biggest Loser Couples Season 11

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 6:25 am

PURPLE TEAM = 509- Olivia (261)  & Hannah (248) sisters... Olivia is an opera singer... hope we don't have to listen to her sing too much  ;)

GRAY TEAM = 673 Kaylee (233) & Moses (440) Father and Daughter...

BLACK TEAM = 596  Dan (309) & Don (287)  twins/cops.... weird!!! they should have been the blue team  :D  :D
I don't believe his son disowned him just because of his weight... there's more going on there... plus the other son died of a drug overdose... these guys must be some hard assed dads  :-\\

YELLOW TEAM =  839 Justin (365)& Rulon (474)  appropriate team color since one is a Olymic gold medalist  :D

BROWN TEAM = 773  Ken (377) & Austin (396)  Father and Son I can relate to the issue of fitting into seats in a theater...   :-AQUA TEAM = 561   Marci (238) & Courtney (323)  Mother Daughter  (since when is there an Aqua team... must be because of more trainers...  
oh yeah Courtney's the one who lost about 100lbs before getting to the show.. good for her.. I hope she stays above the yellow line because the game players will vote her out quickly...  Bob agrees with me...  8)

ORANGE TEAM = 510  Ana (255) & Irene (255) Mother & Daughter Interesting!  I wonder if they'll lose the exact same weight too.  ;D

RED TEAM = 738  Larialmy (how do you say that? i'ma call her Lari until I find a new way to type that  ::) and um... dude there is only one Q here and it's not you....  >:(       oh yeah... she's 301 and he's 437    they're a husband and wife

PINK TEAM = 517   Sarah (261) & Deni (256) I'ma guess mother and daughter... they haven't said yet... but mom is crying already I hate it when they cry...  sarah apparently has miscarried several times because of her weight... that sucks...   and yeah.. mom and daughter...

BLUE TEAM = 800  Arthur (507)  & Jesse (293)  oh.... that's where someone got 800 from they must have looked at the combined total and thought it was just the one guys weight... he used to be over 600 lbs so more power too him!   I hope for good things for him...  

GREEN TEAM = 678 Jennifer (278) & Jay (400)  apparently they aren't important enough to get an introduction or even get commentary from... I suspect they go home first.  :D

Subject: Re: Biggest Loser Couples Season 11

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 6:27 am

Whoo hoo!!! 1st challenge right out the gate!!!!  YEAH!!!!  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 6:33 am

Cue the new trainers.... too bad the lady boxer is not laila ali.... still don't know who it is not that I know any other lady trainers lol...

given the choice I would choose Bob and Jillian because um... well the evil know is better than the evil you don't  plus Bob and jillian have a proven success record...

Look at the teams freaking out...

5 teams with the new trainers and 6 teams with Bob and Jillian...

WHOOO!!!! 4 weeks immunity if you choose the new trainers...  hmmmm that's a big prize!!!! Sorry Bob... sorry Jillian.... see ya later...

ha ha ha ha  a 5k on a tread mill...

dude a 5k is like 3.1 not 13 miles  ::) 

ooh the order you finish is the order you pick the trainers... anyone with me would have to hurry the hell up... cuz I want 4 weeks immunity... okay new post.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 6:40 am

oh they're doing as a team so the most fit person can run the bulk of it.... ya'll'd be fine with me.. I'm big and stuff but I'm in better shape than most because I walk more than most of those contestants  ;)

YELLOW is kicking ass

I wonder if AQUA will take Bob and J because of her "connection" with bob...

You know just typed all those names and I've already forgotten who's who  ::) 

Go GRAY daughter.  8)  Jillian would be screaming at her to let go of the treadmill  ;D

Damn that YELLOW dudes shirt was absolutely drenched... did his brother pour water on him when I wasn't looking?

I knew AQUA was going to pick bob  ::)  I hope she goes far tho...

Okay...  whose last? BLUE or BLACK....  I'm pulling for Blue team to stay in for a long time...  SWEET!!! BLUE killed it...  okay not really killed it but they beat BLACK.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 6:49 am

Okay here's the official break down....

YELLOW  New Trainers

GRAY  New Trainers

AQUA  Bob & Jillian

GREEN  Bob & Jillian

BROWN  New Trainers

PURPLE  Bob & Jillian

PINK  New Trainers

RED  New Trainers

ORANGE  Bob & Jillian

BLUE  Bob & Jillian

BLACK  Bob & Jillian

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/11 at 7:00 am

given the choice I would choose Bob and Jillian because um... well the evil know is better than the evil you don't  plus Bob and jillian have a proven success record...

I would have chosen Bob and Jillian just because they would be the main reason I was on that show.

I wish they would have actually shown us the new trainers, instead of sillhouettes or from behind. 

Arthur is going to drive me nuts.  He has already lost over 100 lbs.  His whiny baby routine didn't fly.  He knows it isn't going to be easy.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:08 am

JILLIAN: I don't want to yell...do it not because I yell; because I say so...

BOB:  Asking Jillian not to scream is like asking the grass not to grow. The fish not to swim. The lions not to roar... Jillian's always gonna yell at people  ;D

EVERY TIME YOU BITCH AND MOAN IT JUST MAKES ME HUNGRY FOR YOUR BLOOD.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:10 am

Arthur's drama queen antics is annoying... not that I don't feel for him being 507 lbs....Its just that after 11 seasons of Biggest Loser people should know better than to argue with Bob and Jillian...  ::)

Interesting that the new trainers are out at (or out of) Fitness Ridge Malibu... wonder if this is a ploy to get more guests at the new resort.. they've advertised it the last two seasons but not to the extent they talk about Fitness Ridge in Utah.... 

I wonder if I can afford to go to Fitness Ridge...

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:13 am

I wonder if I can afford to go to Fitness Ridge...

No.... no I can't  ::)

Current Rates

Private Accommodations: A guestroom all to yourself.
One Week: $2,695
Four Weeks: $10,000 ($2,500 weekly rate)

Semi-Private Accommodations: a private bedroom with a shared bathroom.
One Week: $2,595
Four Weeks: $9,600 ($2,400 weekly rate)

Double Occupancy Accommodations: All rooms have one Queen sized bed. A double occupancy guestroom is available for guests sharing a room with their spouse or partner.  
One Week: $2,295
Four Weeks: $8,400 ($2,100 weekly rate)

Off-site Accommodations: You stay off-site in accommodations you arrange for yourself.
One Week: $1,995
Four Weeks: $7,200 ($1,800 weekly rate)

at least they have wi fi, tv and cable....  :P

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:14 am

I wanna lay on top of the truck with Bob  ;D 

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:22 am

WEIGH IN!!!!

with the NEW TRAINERS:  here we go... gotta see how the others compare to Bob and Jillian... oh they don't weigh in together thank god for the pause button lets see if I can get this...

YELLOW  top weigh in lost 59 lbs...
Rulon  32lbs
Justin 27

I hope they let us see everyone's weight...

Moses  from the Gray team lost 41 lbs by him self... most loss for one week ever in the history of biggest loser...

guess we don't get to see everyone else... maybe they'll show us at the end...

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:37 am

BOB and JILLIAN'S TEAM

AQUA  29 lbs
Courtney 15 lbs
Marci 14 lbs

BLUE 38 lbs  
Arthur  31
Jesse  7  (damn... jesse's non loss was quite the disappointment...) 7lbs in one week is awesome but not by 1st week biggest loser standards.

GREEN 46lbs  (guess I was wrong about them  :P  )
Jen 20 lbs
Jay 26 lbs

PURPLE 32 lbs  
Olivia   16 lbs
Hannah 16 lbs

ORANGE  22 lbs
Ana  9 lbs
Irene 13 lbs

(WHEW BLUE TEAM IS SAFE)

BLACK  40lbs
Dan 19 lbs
Don 21 lbs

If there is only one team below the line then shouldn't it, technically be, be red line... not a yellow line?  

wait... oh... I get it... it's not a team elimination.. only one of them will be eliminated...  ugh my guess is the mom gonna plead for the daughter they usually do... it's too early for them to "play the game" especially when it's couples/families.... so the teams *should* do whatever they are asked....  so no surprise that mom will be going home....

aw how sweet mom wants daughter to stay  
daughter wants mom to stay...

It's like gift of the friggin' Magi...  ::)  

I don't care!  :P  :D  

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 7:41 am

Told ya mom was gonna go home!

and now the results:  wow she's lost 50 lbs.... 41 of them at home! O0

that's cool!

Written By: lorac61469 on 01/05/11 at 10:26 am

I don't watch but I just didn't want you to feel all alone in here.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 8:49 pm

I don't watch but I just didn't want you to feel all alone in here.   :D

Ha ha! Thanks Carol.
I know Dag will show up soon enough!

Written By: Dagwood on 01/05/11 at 9:23 pm

I would have chosen Bob and Jillian just because they would be the main reason I was on that show.

I wish they would have actually shown us the new trainers, instead of sillhouettes or from behind. 

Arthur is going to drive me nuts.  He has already lost over 100 lbs.  His whiny baby routine didn't fly.  He knows it isn't going to be easy.

Ahem...been here already. ;)

Haven't decided who I am rooting for, yet.  Their attitudes seem a lot better than last season.  Hopefully we don't get any Lisa's or Elisabeths this time around.

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 9:34 pm

Haven't decided who I am rooting for, yet.  Their attitudes seem a lot better than last season.  Hopefully we don't get any Lisa's or Elisabeths this time around.

Were you commenting in the middle of my live blog? Lol
I was so consumed with my own posts (nothing new here  ;) ) that i missed it ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 9:45 pm

I was sure I wouldve chosen bob and Jill but the minute immunity came into it I have to admit i'd've jumped ship. Think about it. After four weeks bob and Jill will only have what? Two teams left? That means that after four weeks at fitness ridge (with Internet and tv!!!  ;) tho that's probably restricted  >:( ) they will still get bob and Jill experience starting week 5.

Yeah Arthur needs to grow up and accept responsibility.

I think I like Austin. And I kind of identify with Courtney. I think.
Other than that I'm not sure. I feel like were not reapply getting to know them yet (even less than usual) maybe that'll change next week

Was it just me or did that cops sob story about being proud when his son talked about him losing a hundred lbs then putting it back on after the kid died come off as self serving and obnoxious?

There is something inherent in the nature of the twins that I gravely dislike.
I don't think they are, in their real lives, that they are very nice men. In fact I think they may be mean angry men with probably a horrible childhood that caused them to grow up to be bad/distant fathers.

Yeah I'm totally judging them but honestly there's just something not right there and I really hope that they are not one of the last two teams standing at the end of four weeks

Written By: snozberries on 01/05/11 at 9:48 pm

Agreed!

I think this time, rather than picking an overall favorite we should just decide which two teams we hop survive the four week massacre. Because, ultimately, that's what this is...a massacre.  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 01/06/11 at 7:03 am

Was it just me or did that cops sob story about being proud when his son talked about him losing a hundred lbs then putting it back on after the kid died come off as self serving and obnoxious?

It did.  Kind of like "It's not my fault I gained it back".  I am not sure how to feel about them yet, either.

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 9:47 pm

Oh man!!! i loved the trash talking from the "unknows"  ;D

Watching the team do that build a bridge was painful (and embarrassing) I bet they hate themselves watching now how the others did it...

I am sooooo glad they won the weigh in tho- That means at least two teams will be standing at the end of the 4wk unknown twist...well actually I think actually well just continue to lose one from each team so there are still representatives from the remaining teams.

I don't normally watch the previews and last week was no exception but I did catch a glimpse of Jillian walking out... I can't wait to see what that's all about.... please don't tell me!

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 10:52 pm

I'm watching season 6 on Hulu Plus

Its a couples biggest loser.... they eliminated a team the first couple of weeks and then then one person week three.... now they are weighing in teams against the one person. How in the hell is that fair. How can one person lose more weight than  a team of two....okay I know one person can usually the males who weigh in excess of 300lbs but this person is a female....no way she can contend. I mean if she makes it I'll be really impressed but I think it's really unfair to expect her to literally lose the weight of two people...  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 01/15/11 at 11:12 pm

I'm watching season 6 on Hulu Plus

Its a couples biggest loser.... they eliminated a team the first couple of weeks and then then one person week three.... now they are weighing in teams against the one person. How in the hell is that fair. How can one person lose more weight than  a team of two....okay I know one person can usually the males who weigh in excess of 300lbs but this person is a female....no way she can contend. I mean if she makes it I'll be really impressed but I think it's really unfair to expect her to literally lose the weight of two people...  ::)

WOW!!! I stand corrected... there was a couple who didn't beat her... the woman lost 8lbs  the husband lost zero... I think he needed to lose just one lb to move on. I'd be pissed if I was her...

Written By: snozberries on 01/16/11 at 1:44 am

Holy crap (season 6 ep 5) the challenge is how many times can you climb up and down a mountain for 14 freaking hours.... I haven't done anything but work and sleep for 14 hrs at a time... oh yeah I've watched 14 consecutive hours of TV but walking up and down a frigging mountain? no way...   and the weather is in excess of 100 degrees...  :o

one team walked a combined 81 miles the other 79 miles  :o
One guy walked/ran over 20 miles all by himself
                                                                               http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 10:46 pm

What the fiddle faddle? 

How in the hell do you gain 9 friggin pounds on the ranch.
Not just 9 lbs but 9 lbs each.

Just send em both home  ::)

Written By: Dagwood on 01/19/11 at 5:28 pm

Waterloading is my guess.  They each drank a gallon of water before weigh in.

Written By: snozberries on 01/19/11 at 10:11 pm

Waterloading is my guess.  They each drank a gallon of water before weigh in.

I guess but what would be the point i
mean if you wanna go home then just quit!

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 10:19 am

Just started watching the finale of season 6....  I hate that Vicky chick and I wish Amy had gotten rid of her when she had the chance...

anyway- down to the final four Husband and Wife Heba and Ed are the bottom two... Ed pleads with america to put his wife thru to the finale... stupid america puts Ed thru 87% of america put ed thru....

I'm fairly certain Ed wins... I want Michelle to win. I think Michelle could've taken Heba...if only America hadn't decided to put up a man against three women... the women were evenly matched... we'll see in an hour what the outcome would be had Heba gone to the finals instead of Ed.

Written By: snozberries on 01/23/11 at 12:26 pm

Just started watching the finale of season 6....  I hate that Vicky chick and I wish Amy had gotten rid of her when she had the chance...

anyway- down to the final four Husband and Wife Heba and Ed are the bottom two... Ed pleads with america to put his wife thru to the finale... stupid america puts Ed thru 87% of america put ed thru....

I'm fairly certain Ed wins... I want Michelle to win. I think Michelle could've taken Heba...if only America hadn't decided to put up a man against three women... the women were evenly matched... we'll see in an hour what the outcome would be had Heba gone to the finals instead of Ed.

I was wrong... my girl actually won!!!! Michelle won!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 02/02/11 at 9:28 am

back to the current season:

I didn't post last week because I thought the ep was boring and there was no weigh in.

So the weigh in we should have gotten last week we got in the first 30 min of this week's ep.

I'm soooooo mad at Don / or dan/ or which ever twin he was...  >:(  he talked Irene into gaining weight with him so he could go home  WTF you know how many people wanted to be there in his place?  I'm also mad at Irene. she didn't have to "go all out" this week if she wanted to help him lose so he could go home but she didn't have to gain 6 freaking pounds... she could've gained one or stayed at zero.  ::) or ya know... maybe he could've just quit...

anyway the unks came back to the ranch.  I don't like that dude in the red shirt who's name is far to awesome a moniker for him  >:(  I wish his team had voted him off instead of the wife.

I don't know what the hell those new trainers are doing but they kicked Bob and Jillian's ass this week! I mean they totally spanked them... Bob and Jillian's 9 players lost 63 lbs.... the unks 10 players lost well over a hundred... and there were only two people I think who didn't get double digits and they both got 9s  :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/11 at 12:04 am

Arthurs an idiot.  ::)  he got super lucky this week cuz his ass should be going home and if they don't get rid of him when they can ithen they're all stupid too.

There were some freaking amazing numbers on the scale this week.  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/11 at 6:58 am

Arthur is an idiot.  I can see why he did what he did, but he should never have told the others that it was him and why.  He really can't  be that dumb to announce that these new people were the first to go on the black team and think it would work.  I wonder if he is sabotaging himself.  Either that or he is just a complete dumbass. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/11 at 9:16 am

Arthur is an idiot.  I can see why he did what he did, but he should never have told the others that it was him and why.  He really can't  be that dumb to announce that these new people were the first to go on the black team and think it would work.  I wonder if he is sabotaging himself.  Either that or he is just a complete dumbass. ;D

Ima go with dumbass

I also think he's pacing himself.
I bet we see some amazing numbers from him soon.
He got lucky dan & don worked to get out. Tho the saps probably wouldn't voted Jesse out to adhere to plea of a father for his son.
Art really tipped his hand but he also set a fire under his team- not the good kind of fire.
::)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/11 at 7:14 pm

He sure did light a fire under them.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/11 at 8:17 pm

He sure did light a fire under them.

this is awful to say but at his size his numbers should be huge...makes you wonder what he's eating and what kind of workouts he does when bob and J are not there.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/11 at 8:23 pm

I think he is holding back.  It very well may be his downfall.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/11 at 8:30 pm

I think he is holding back.  It very well may be his downfall.

I hope it is his downfall because if they don't take him out when they can he's gonna pull a Mike... remember big mike? he was lazy and didn't work and was annoying and stuff then he comes out of nowhere and wins the game.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/09/11 at 8:39 pm

I hope he doesn't pull a Mike.  I couldn't stand Mike.

Written By: snozberries on 02/09/11 at 10:04 pm

I hope he doesn't pull a Mike.  I couldn't stand Mike.

Me either. Is it bad that I hope he gains some (not all...well maybe most) of the weight back  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:04 pm

Watching live right now...

Told ya Arthur was turning up the game play.
He's still an idiot - judging by the look on Jesse's face dad thinks arthurs an idiot too.

But if he turns up the heat he's gonna be tough to beat.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:21 pm

I hope the black teams tension doesn't keep them from losing weight.

I totally hope Rulan's bad attitude works against him.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:31 pm

Lamest commercial within a show ever  ::)
That filler with Arthur and the ladies of the black team telling him what to cook. And that subway ad for the subway breakfast.

We get it bl. Subway is a huge sponsor. Enough already.

Dude jillians shirt said unruly. I want that.

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:35 pm

Each team will be pushing a 24 ton train 800 ft.
:o

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:50 pm

There's something wrong with my brain.
Everytime I see jay and what's her name- former black now red team chick- I think they're a husband and wife team not father/daughter.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 02/15/11 at 10:56 pm

Omg there's still an hour left and um that cara chick is talking about last chance workout
I miss my dvr- bring in the weigh in already I've got shyt to do  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 6:45 pm

Holy crap Jen gained two pounds?  :o
Guess she didn't want to go on w/o her dad and sabotaged herself.
It's funny cuz earlier when they were working out at the mixed martial arts center
I noticed that everyone's Tshirt was soaking with sweat but she had this one little spot around her neck  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 02/23/11 at 6:49 pm

Holy crap Jen gained two pounds?  :o
Guess she didn't want to go on w/o her dad and sabotaged herself.
It's funny cuz earlier when they were working out at the mixed martial arts center
I noticed that everyone's Tshirt was soaking with sweat but she had this one little spot around her neck  ::)

Aww, I would feel strange gaining 2 pounds when I am in the competition.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:00 pm

Aww, I would feel strange gaining 2 pounds when I am in the competition.  ::)

Me too. All these parents "sacrificing" themselves for their kids pisses me off.
Just play the damn game already.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:02 pm

8lbs?!? What the he'll did Deni eat???  :o

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 7:13 pm

I think the black team pulled a really dumb move and sabotoged themselves.  Idiots.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:45 pm

I think the black team pulled a really dumb move and sabotoged themselves.  Idiots.

Agreed. They're playing like they were gonna be defeated. Imagine what they couldn't done if they'd gone in trying to win?

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:51 pm

oops!  :-X

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 10:57 am

I'm seriously considering going to the open audition they have in LA on March 19th. It's two days after PaleyFest....

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 11:02 am

I'm seriously considering going to the open audition they have in LA on March 19th. It's two days after PaleyFest....

Why not give it a try.  It might be fun

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 11:06 am

Why not give it a try.  It might be fun

could be... silly as it may seem I'm stressed out about:

1) being away from my tv
2) not being able to change my mentality towards the food I love and gaining it all back
3) and being around people not wearing shoes... seriously - If I got on I would fight to keep my shoes on the whole time and the thought of all that barefootedness is already freaking me out....  :-\\
4) what to do with Effie if I get in the house....

I'm still gonna try but ya know... there's a lot to think about if they take me... and that's  a huge if! I'm sure thousands of people try out for it... can't be easy to get selected... but ya gotta try... if anything maybe the stipend they pay for living in the house will be more than my current take home pay..... maybe....

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 11:27 am

Obviously we don't see all that goes on, but I'd like to think they'd work with people on the various issues that caused them to gain weight.  It has to be a mindset change so that you can maintain things after leaving the camp.

Though I did read an article in a UK paper in the week about a teenager here that went to a US fat brat camp.  When she came home she put all her weight straight back on because she (and her mum) hadn't dealt with any issues and learnt anything about healthy eating.

mta link to the story

teenager

"I was really looking forward to trying it all out back home but, when I arrived, my mum said she hadn't had time to prepare any healthy food so we had fish and chips instead.

"From that moment on, I had a niggling feeling that things weren't going to work out."

:-X

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 11:45 am

Obviously we don't see all that goes on, but I'd like to think they'd work with people on the various issues that caused them to gain weight.  It has to be a mindset change so that you can maintain things after leaving the camp.

Though I did read an article in a UK paper in the week about a teenager here that went to a US fat brat camp.  When she came home she put all her weight straight back on because she (and her mum) hadn't dealt with any issues and learnt anything about healthy eating.

mta link to the story

teenager

:-X

I think for me.... I have the strength to say, cut out the mountain dew (only two left and no plans to buy any more O0 )
I can stop eating chocolate and chips because I don't normally crave them when I'm alone or even standing the store check out I look at them but I don't really want them...

what I can't do is stop myself from eating what I love... I want to eat lots of cali rolls. I want to eat a big assed tri tip sandwich... I want to eat a big assed danish pancake with lots of powdered sugar and syrup and a ton of bacon!  I always say I won't order this or I don't need that.... but when I'm confronted with the option I always cave.... I can vow to never go to McD's again and stick with it for months  but if someone brings McD's into dispatch all I can think about is the fries I'm smelling then suddenly my 4 month streak is over and I will think of nothing else but getting to mcd's and eating everything I can....  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 12:04 pm

Interesting article.... I can't say I eat to feel a void or gain some comfort. I truly enjoy the foods I enjoy... I have always had a huge appetite.
The biggest issue I had was that, when I was medication for my back injury, the synopsis in my brain (the ones that tell you that you're full) they were not working... one day I could eat and recognize that I had enough or even that I had too much to eat... the next I could eat, and eat, and eat and eat and never get full....

for about four years I was obsessed with food... it was weird it was like if there was food there I had to finish it... I had to eat everything because I couldn't stand the thought of it sitting on the plate untouched. I found myself out at places with people where I should be focusing on the conversation but I couldn't because I was too busy thinking about all the food... can I eat that last chicken wing? I need to eat that last chicken wing! I just had 16 chicken wings! Did people notice how many chicken wings I ate? Will they judge me when I eat that last chicken wing? Screw it I'm gonna eat that last chicken wing! Oh no! Are they reaching for that last chicken wing? Whew they just got the salt... Yay I got the last chicken wing! Are people watching me eat the last chicken wing? LOOK!!! More chicken wings!!!! Must eat them!!!

seriously.... I never ever got full... at that point I'd go to a restaurant and couldn't decide what I wanted so I'd order two meals and eat it all... the brain was not working right...

finally I got on new meds and for the first time in years I finally felt full... It took me a while to learn how to reorder... the thing is I was always aware I was ordering/eating too much but I couldn't stop the compulsion.  Now I know I can't eat like and I don't have the desire to eat that way but.... I still have that need to have to foods I like... and it's always triggered when someone mentions it... Hey tq I'm going to KFC want anything? I should say no but I don't.... I should just get a pc. meal but I don't because while I don't eat like I was during those dark days I will eat a lot because all my life I have always eaten alot... always... 

anyway--- there's a show that came on here (the US) about 6 months ago called too fat for 15. It was the story about kids a school that focused on studies but mostly it was a weight loss boarding school.  I wonder if that girl went there.

It's returning next week and I'm interested to see how the kids from last season did over the summer.

BTW... I thought I lost weight while in San Jose but I gained 6 lbs... since coming home I've lost that 6 and an additional 2.

know why I gained? cuz I was given a food allowance and decided to use it...  ;D

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 12:17 pm

I guess in some ways it is linked to your personality.  And that is a very difficult thing to fight against.  Perhaps you need to find a way to become slightly obsessed with exercise!

I am lucky that I have Dai to aid my conscience!

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 12:22 pm

I guess in some ways it is linked to your personality.  And that is a very difficult thing to fight against.  Perhaps you need to find a way to become slightly obsessed with exercise!

I am lucky that I have Dai to aid my conscience!

yeah you are lucky. I wish I had a workout buddy to push me... all my friends who do exercise don't want to slow down for me...
all my friends who'd go at my speed don't want to go at all!  ;D 

I get motivated to wok out at home but that only lasts a month or two...  and I really dislike going to the gym.... I would join 24 hr fitness because if I go to the gym I'd want to do it in the middle of the night-------- but it's expensive. I've had access to the university gym for free for two yrs now but have never used it because everyone in there is so damn skinny and annoying. I know it's all excuses but truth is I have no motivation to go...  I want to lose weight but i don't want to work that hard to do it. I don't want to change my diet and I don't want to get surgery....  :P

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 12:39 pm

I hear you about the university gym.  I worked at one of the top sports universities in the UK so you can imagine what the gym and fitness classes were like!  I did go to some of the fitness classes because I went with friends.  I only went to the gym a couple of times (with Dai when he was a student) but it wasn't really my scene.

I also know how much harder it is to get 'exercise' in a casual way in the US.  By that I mean walking to the shops, cycling into town etc.  I guess what you can do is park as far from the shop/cinema/work entrance as possible and get small but regular walks in your day that way.

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 12:46 pm

I hear you about the university gym.  I worked at one of the top sports universities in the UK so you can imagine what the gym and fitness classes were like!  I did go to some of the fitness classes because I went with friends.  I only went to the gym a couple of times (with Dai when he was a student) but it wasn't really my scene.

I also know how much harder it is to get 'exercise' in a casual way in the US.  By that I mean walking to the shops, cycling into town etc.  I guess what you can do is park as far from the shop/cinema/work entrance as possible and get small but regular walks in your day that way.

that's something I have been trying to do!  :)

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 12:48 pm

I just found this leaflet with lots of other ways to exercise without really trying

exercises for busy people

Written By: 80sfan on 02/27/11 at 12:50 pm

My university's gym is 15 minutes away. Not too bad, but I would rather buy a treadmill than go drive 15 minutes to work out. :)

Written By: karen on 02/27/11 at 1:09 pm

My university's gym is 15 minutes away. Not too bad, but I would rather buy a treadmill than go drive 15 minutes to work out. :)

If you walked there and back you wouldn't need to use the treadmill!  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 1:11 pm

I have tread mill... it looks very pretty sitting in the corner.. .when I wipe the dust off it it's all shiny!  ;D

seriously tho I was using the treadmill then I had a problem with the tread part of the mill... ya know... that mat you walk on?
Anyway it costs me $150 to have the guy come replace it... then when I got on the damn thing a week later the display screen (which had been working) was no longer working.. it was gonna cost another 100 to get them to come out again.  the whole tread mill cost me 269.
I decided in the long run it'd be cheaper to get a new tread mill... well not really cheaper since the one I want... and the one I know I will use costs 2500. but still I can dream right.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/11 at 2:47 pm

Do it, you never know you could make it.  I would be rooting for you. :)

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 3:32 pm

Do it, you never know you could make it.  I would be rooting for you. :)

If I make it you'd have to start the thread that season and talk crap about anyone who talks crap about me!!! and um say how awesome I look falling off the treadmill and puking in the trash can...

you'll have to make note every time I did a crap product placement commercial and confirm to the masses that I really hate it and I'm not a sell out!

and um.... when I become one of those crying poor pitiful me types you can't tell anyone how much I've bitched and complained about the people who've done it in the past  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/27/11 at 4:27 pm

If I make it you'd have to start the thread that season and talk crap about anyone who talks crap about me!!! and um say how awesome I look falling off the treadmill and puking in the trash can...

you'll have to make note every time I did a crap product placement commercial and confirm to the masses that I really hate it and I'm not a sell out!

and um.... when I become one of those crying poor pitiful me types you can't tell anyone how much I've bitched and complained about the people who've done it in the past  ;D

I'm all over it.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/27/11 at 5:01 pm

I'm all over it.  ;D

awesome!!! I'll keep ya posted!

Written By: snozberries on 03/01/11 at 11:59 pm

Austin's "friends" suck!  How in the hell do you encourage someone in a competition weight loss show to eat fries (cheese fries  8-P ) and then bring out a ginormous cake for him  >:(

Courtney was trying to convince us that eating a salad in an ice cream shop is easy but I totally saw that sad look on her face when she sat down to eat.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/02/11 at 12:25 am

Austin's "friends" suck!  How in the hell do you encourage someone in a competition weight loss show to eat fries (cheese fries  8-P ) and then bring out a ginormous cake for him  >:(

Courtney was trying to convince us that eating a salad in an ice cream shop is easy but I totally saw that sad look on her face when she sat down to eat.

Some friends they are.  >:(

Written By: 80sfan on 03/02/11 at 12:25 am

Poor girl, I wanted to give her a pat on the back.  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 03/02/11 at 12:26 am

If you walked there and back you wouldn't need to use the treadmill!  ;)

;D Yes, if only, if only.

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/11 at 12:40 am

All this crap and crying about Arthur finishing last is a little over the top and super melodramatic.

Glad they weigh in right away if anyone screwed up at home it'll show.

Written By: snozberries on 03/02/11 at 1:05 am

I can't believe I was hoping Arthur would get immunity.
I can't believe he missed it by three lbs.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/11 at 9:26 am

Okay haven't watched latest ep. I'll watch tomorrow.

Couple of fudges. 

1) I decided to go to audition. Instructions clearly said don't get in line before 7. So why do I get here at 0657 to be #165?
2) why is there a frigid taco truck parked out front?
3) why are people in line for BL getting food off the friggin' truck?
4) either u want to be on BL or u want to eat crap - I mean I love eating crap but I could not consciously order from that truck knowing why I'm here.  Eat crap last night like did. Those people should all be disqualified so that I can move up in line.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/11 at 12:08 pm

Just saw Sam from biggest loser. Damn that man is hot!!! Oh. His woman was there too.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/19/11 at 2:24 pm

Just saw Sam from biggest loser. Damn that man is hot!!! Oh. His woman was there too.

Lucky...did you get a picture?  He is hot.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/11 at 8:54 pm

Lucky...did you get a picture?  He is hot.

Duh!  ;)  :D

BTW I sucked the big one... for some reason I knew what I wanted to say but I kept saying stupid stuff... ::)
They said they'd call us in a week if we move on.. I will  not be getting a phone call... they said if you don't get called then you should try submitting a video... I hate video but maybe I can do it and get the words I wanted heard...  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 03/19/11 at 9:38 pm

Duh!  ;)  :D

BTW I sucked the big one... for some reason I knew what I wanted to say but I kept saying stupid stuff... ::)
They said they'd call us in a week if we move on.. I will  not be getting a phone call... they said if you don't get called then you should try submitting a video... I hate video but maybe I can do it and get the words I wanted heard...  :-\\

Sorry, dumb question. ;D

You never know, they could call.  Be positive.  I think it would be awesome. 

I had another friend try out in Texas last week.  How cool would it be if you both made it?

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/11 at 9:49 am

Sorry, dumb question. ;D

You never know, they could call.  Be positive.  I think it would be awesome. 

I had another friend try out in Texas last week.  How cool would it be if you both made it?

that would be cool but if we both made it and both made it to the final two who would you be rooting for? you know there's only one right answer right???  ;)  :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/11 at 9:58 am

BTW- one of the few things I managed to watch on my nearly full DVR was this last ep of BL!

Interesting watching black and red come together as team blue. I was thinking before they did that about how much competition and antimosity there is between the two teams... I think it has to do with the fact that they lived apart for the first few weeks so there was no bonding and the producers literally set it up as us vs them and they took it to heart (sort of like that standford prison experiment of guards vs prisoners).

anyway thinking back to past seasons I've felt divides before but none as thick as this one.... so it was nice to see the actual team work and mutual respect they had for one another...

I was not sad about Marci going home...hell she made her freaking goal weight in 6 weeks or something....whatever week it is now... Courtney needs to experience this on her own.... next Moses should go so Kaylee can also be on her own. I think it's better for the kids to go throw some of this hard stuff alone so they can be less dependent when they get home!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/20/11 at 4:42 pm

that would be cool but if we both made it and both made it to the final two who would you be rooting for? you know there's only one right answer right???  ;)  :D

Of course, there is only one answer...duh...;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/11 at 12:35 am

Can't believe courtneyonly lost one lb last WTF after only losing two the week before she should've pulled a 5.  Bye bye trainer guy who's name ive already forgotten.  :P

Apparently I didn't talk about the week before either. Okay so courtney and Jenny "lose" and wind up in this mansion.  dumbest decision they made was to spend their money on spa treatment, eating out, and double the number of pho e calls (an hour instead of 30 mins) instead of having their trainer. Then again since the dude couldn't get the results working courtney out with no distractions they probably would've lost even if they had him  :P

Written By: snozberries on 04/13/11 at 12:40 am

As for tonights ep: why the hell are they going to new Zealand?

And um, who in the hell looked at a body over a thousand feet high and thought....wouldn't it be fun to jump off this :o ::)

And I don't like the way cara argues. Her immaturity and inexperience shone thru. 

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 12:54 am

Okay I'm watching the finale managed to avoid hearing about the winner all day.

I gotta say this season has been so long that when I saw the cop twins in the opening recap I thought they were a part of the last season.  :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 12:57 am

YAY!!!!!  An all gal finale!!!!

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 1:00 am

I'm gonna miss Jill. I mean I know she's made millions in endorsements but her NBC series got an el Ed so I wonder what's next.

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 1:01 am

Courtney looks freaking fantastic!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/26/11 at 2:27 pm

Wow I didn't even recognize Jesse (Arthur's dad)!!! he looked 20 yrs younger!!!

I hate to say it but I like Jen better when she was heavy...she "looked" bitchy/slutty.... :-\\

I am amazed tho at the amount of self confidence they have one after another.... it's an awesome transformation!

I wanted one or the other to win so I was happy.... I have a feeling they went in on a 50/50 deal anyway so they both won!

Check for new replies or respond here...