inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fashion for the 10's

Written By: Emman on 01/05/11 at 8:11 pm

the 00's overall had a very clean, moderate look, some of the styles range from boho of the early/mid 00's to emo of the mid/late 00's.
Hip-hop fashion was also very dominant in the 00's.

What do you think some of the 10's fashions will be like?
I think the indie culture will have a huge influence on fashion in during the 10's decade
I think it will be very trippy, kind of wild, out there and I think Lady Gaga was the true start of this.
Overall it might be some kind of weird, quirky, indie look

I also think a more dressed up, "gentlemen" look is coming in now(which contrasts the thuggish, sagging pants, "immature" look of the 00's).

Subject: Re: Fashion for the 10's

Written By: Mat1991 on 01/05/11 at 10:46 pm

I also think a more dressed up, "gentlemen" look is coming in now(which contrasts the thuggish, sagging pants, "immature" look of the 00's).

I've been seeing that for a couple years already. I've also been noticing that women have been dressing a lot more classy. I've noticed that since the late '00s.

However, this may simply be a late '00s holdover, and it's possible that it could die within the next year or so. I hope not, though, because I'm really liking this classier look.

Written By: DizzMcMinyard on 01/05/11 at 10:56 pm

I concur, I personally have been influenced to dress nicer. I cite a couple reasons: Inception is huge for dressing nicely, Mad Men which is finally mainstream, Even the way the Joker dressed in 2008 is a good example. The last season of LOST and the nice styles the cast wore.... GQ and other such magazines project a look that is high minded. A couple video games such as Red Dead Redemption and Mafia II are influential to a old school dressed up look. This year a game called L.A. Noir will reference 40s era fashion and a movie with Matt Damon called:The Adjustment Bureau could even bring the classic hat back. It could end up being only an early 10's trend but who knows?? I've tried the side part/ classic look... I kinda prefer the shaggy look of the 70s as I find that to be my main influence at the moment.

Written By: Shiv on 01/06/11 at 1:04 am

I predict a more formal look too.

Written By: Howard on 01/06/11 at 6:38 am

like a shirt and tie look? ???

Written By: batfan2005 on 01/06/11 at 8:01 am

I've been seeing that for a couple years already. I've also been noticing that women have been dressing a lot more classy. I've noticed that since the late '00s.

However, this may simply be a late '00s holdover, and it's possible that it could die within the next year or so. I hope not, though, because I'm really liking this classier look.

I'm also liking the classy look on women. Basically wearing hosiery/tights with shorter skirts/dresses, as opposed to the long raggedy skirts/dresses that were in style in the early to mid 00's. Then again, I've been living in Japan the last 3 years and I don't think the classy look ever went out of style over here.

Written By: whistledog on 01/06/11 at 9:26 pm

Fashion for the 10s?  I hardly saw clothes last year.  The less clothing seemed to be what people were wearing.  I saw more butt cracks and cleavage last year than I've seen in my whole life :D

Written By: Midas on 01/07/11 at 12:32 am

sweater-vests are making a comeback...or did they ever go away?

Written By: Howard on 01/07/11 at 6:59 am

Fashion for the 10s?  I hardly saw clothes last year.  The less clothing seemed to be what people were wearing.  I saw more butt cracks and cleavage last year than I've seen in my whole life :D

I hope you're referring to women?  ???

;)

Written By: Mat1991 on 01/07/11 at 11:04 am

sweater-vests are making a comeback...or did they ever go away?

I think those have always been in style for preppy kids.

Written By: JTCool on 01/07/11 at 4:36 pm

In the 2000s hairstyles were usually very straight (especially for women.) and thin. When I entered high school I saw that a lot of girls were wearing their hair with curls on the end. Clothes at are high school are a lot more adult looking compared to wearing things with a lot of logos or sayings on them. I think by the middle of this decade bigger hair will come back, maybe not to the extreme of the 80s but I could see it becoming popular again. 

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/12/11 at 10:55 pm

I hope the 80s hair comes back. I'd like to wear it without looking crazy.

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:31 am

I hope the 80s hair comes back. I'd like to wear it without looking crazy.

I miss the jeri-curls. http://bglhonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/long-jheri.jpg

Written By: Howard on 01/13/11 at 6:33 am

Afros,Hawaiian shirts,platform shoes and parachute pants. :D

(Man I love the 70's.)

Written By: thenewtattoo on 06/09/13 at 3:26 pm

Def its going 2 be 90's influenced. I myself Just bought the All Phat Tee  8)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1001459_10151966338981258_1513696649_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/970108_10151925593711258_1808950155_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/179397_10151895347601258_1593604152_n.jpg

Written By: kairosan on 06/20/13 at 7:59 am

Seems legit. Very legit. Its the late 2010s im excited about.

Check for new replies or respond here...