inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Colin Firth honoured on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Written By: Philip Eno on 01/14/11 at 1:31 am

British actor Colin Firth has been presented with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, dedicating the honour to his wife.

Firth, nominated for a Golden Globe for his role in The King's Speech, was seen to wipe away a tear at the ceremony.

Speaking of his wife Livia, Firth, 50, said: "When I look down there at that star, it's her name I see."

Firth rose to fame in the BBC's Pride and Prejudice, before starring in The English Patient and A Single Man.

He is in Los Angeles for Sunday's Golden Globes, in which he is tipped to win the best actor award for the King's Speech.

The film sees Firth as King George VI, who enlists the help of Australian speech therapist Lionel Logue, whose controversial methods helped the King overcome his stammer.

"I want to thank everybody that has accompanied me on this extraordinary journey, but probably more than anybody I could ever imagine Livia who has walked every step of this with me joyfully and truthfully," said Firth on being presented with his star.

The Hampshire-born actor's career has spanned serious drama and romantic comedy, with his performance in A Single Man earning him a best actor Academy Award nomination in 2010.

The King's Speech is nominated for seven Golden Globes and is also expected to do well when the 2011 Oscar nominations are announced on 25 January.

Subject: Re: Colin Firth honoured on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Written By: whistledog on 01/14/11 at 2:52 am

I am quite surprised he got one this soon.  He does deserve it though.  He has done some great films.  I really liked his role in 'What A Girl Wants', I think he got robbed for an Oscar Nod on that.

Written By: KayKay on 01/14/11 at 3:04 am

I adore that film!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/14/11 at 8:33 am

Actually, it doesn't take much to get a star on the Walk. 

Check for new replies or respond here...