inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does this board really reflect the 2010's??

Written By: DizzMcMinyard on 01/17/11 at 8:48 pm

We have had a lot happen in this week alone... The Arizona shooting being number one.. Steve Jobs obviuosly and Brittney Spears should be included too, considering her single has Already won praise.. Yet there seems to be little mention of various current topics... Weather and such. I'm wondering what the purpose of the 2010s board is? I myself need to post more current events. I think it'd be good to look back here in five years and literally see a reaction from those who lived it!

Subject: Re: Does this board really reflect the 2010's??

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 1:32 am

The arizona shooting has been discussed under current politics

Arizona shooting

There's also been discussion about Palin's response

I have no idea why you think steve jobs is important this week...

and not only did I not know brittany had a new single out I've heard nothing about it...

If you want to start a topic about brittney's song go for it... if you want to discuss steve jobs go for it. your obviously seeing news others have not seen...

Alright I googled steve jobs...he's taking medical leave. I guess that's newsworthy... but not traumatic... he's the face of apple but he didn't create the iphone, ipad mac book air all by himself. I have faith that apple can continue to rock the technological universe with or without steve jobs.

and I still could care less about brittany so I didn't google her.

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 1:53 am

actually, looking closer new topics I see Philip Eno started a thread on Steve Jobs 7 hours before you posted this topic

Steve Jobs thread

Written By: karen on 01/18/11 at 9:59 am

We have had a lot happen in this week alone... The Arizona shooting being number one.. Steve Jobs obviuosly and Brittney Spears should be included too, considering her single has Already won praise.. Yet there seems to be little mention of various current topics... Weather and such. I'm wondering what the purpose of the 2010s board is? I myself need to post more current events. I think it'd be good to look back here in five years and literally see a reaction from those who lived it!

weather and such is discussed in the Playful Penguin Place.  See also a thread in the 2010s area about the Australian floods

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 12:44 pm

weather and such is discussed in the Playful Penguin Place.  See also a thread in the 2010s area about the Australian floods

Actually...isn't the weather thread in WWW? although weather is discussed in far too many areas of the boards if you ask me  ;)

Written By: karen on 01/18/11 at 4:10 pm

Actually...isn't the weather thread in WWW? although weather is discussed in far too many areas of the boards if you ask me  ;)

Yes, I think you might be right.  I did consider suggesting all the threads that might possiby have a weather discussion in them.  But I was in a bit of a hurry!

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 4:27 pm

Yes, I think you might be right.  I did consider suggesting all the threads that might possiby have a weather discussion in them.  But I was in a bit of a hurry!

That would be a pretty long list!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/18/11 at 4:41 pm

This board has a vast range of topics-from political/religious, pop culture, t.v. music, fashion, sports, games, food, news stories (headlines as well as the obscure strange stories), etc, etc. It basically has a topic about just about EVERYTHING. And the nice thing about this place is if you don't see a topic that you would like to discuss, START ONE!! It is as simple as that. Chances are, there is someone here who would like to discuss that same topic, too.

Cat 

Written By: Brian06 on 01/18/11 at 6:42 pm

All those topics were actually posted about on the board, there's a bunch of stuff about the Arizona shooting in the politics section. There's a topic about Steve Jobs being sick again, and there was a topic about Dubstep which mentions Britney's new song.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/18/11 at 7:50 pm

If you're going by my posts, then yes, it is a time for Atheist pop singers and awesome otaku culture!

Written By: Howard on 01/18/11 at 8:10 pm

Yes way too much. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 01/18/11 at 10:19 pm

Yes way too much. ;D

Howard in this scenario you're both the pot & the kettle!  :P  ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/19/11 at 6:32 am

Thanks!  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/19/11 at 9:46 am

;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/19/11 at 4:42 pm

it's for the current stuff... but we do keep politics from the other board (due to their controversial nature)... and like others point out, most of those topics have appeared in some form, just not where it's obvious.  kind of confusing to new users I guess.  not sure why things evolve this way, but they do. 

no one's going to be mean if you start a new thread on something.  heck, I totally encourage it.

Written By: DizzMcMinyard on 01/19/11 at 10:06 pm

it's for the current stuff... but we do keep politics from the other board (due to their controversial nature)... and like others point out, most of those topics have appeared in some form, just not where it's obvious.  kind of confusing to new users I guess.  not sure why things evolve this way, but they do. 

no one's going to be mean if you start a new thread on something.  heck, I totally encourage it.

I guess it was confusing to me  :D I get it now, separating the potentially caustic stuff from the more trendy/pop culture stuff. Thanks!

Written By: 80sfan on 01/21/11 at 4:07 pm

I think this board reflects the 2010s just fine. I love this board and I've been reading it since 2001, but didn't join until 2008.  :)

Written By: Howard on 01/21/11 at 7:47 pm

I think this board reflects the 2010s just fine. I love this board and I've been reading it since 2001, but didn't join until 2008.  :)

And I've been here 10 years.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/11 at 11:03 am

And I've been here 10 years.

But it says you registered in 2004? Am I missing something?

Written By: nally on 01/23/11 at 11:05 am

Yes. This version of the board was established in April 2004, shortly after the older version of the board (which had been around since 2001) crashed. Then we all had to register new accounts.

Written By: 80sfan on 01/23/11 at 11:09 am

Yes. This version of the board was established in April 2004, shortly after the older version of the board (which had been around since 2001) crashed. Then we all had to register new accounts.

Thanks nally!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/23/11 at 11:27 am

If you check the archives, the posts that were made prior to 2004 are all there (well, there may have a few that were lost.)

Cat

Written By: Howard on 01/23/11 at 12:04 pm

The board crashed in 2004 but the original board I have been here 10 years.

Written By: nally on 01/23/11 at 1:10 pm

I know; you had initially registered on the old board. I, too, was a member on the old board; I'd registered in February of 2004, only two months before the crash. So next month it'll be 7 years for me.

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/23/11 at 8:35 pm

I guess it was confusing to me  :D I get it now, separating the potentially caustic stuff from the more trendy/pop culture stuff. Thanks!

And the 2010s are still a new decade.  This time ten years ago, we'd have been wondering how the rest of the decade would look something like The Matrix, and had no clue what was waiting for us a few months down the road.  Part of the problem with a new decade is guessing, early on, what's actually important.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/23/11 at 9:19 pm

Actually, there was a board before the one that crashed.  It was not very user friendly, but I was around for it.  Back in the dinosaur days. ;D

Written By: Howard on 01/24/11 at 6:44 am

Actually, there was a board before the one that crashed.  It was not very user friendly, but I was around for it.  Back in the dinosaur days. ;D

I remember the old board.

Check for new replies or respond here...