inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Google to be disconnected?

Written By: JamieMcBain on 02/09/11 at 8:07 pm

If MPAA has it's way, then yes!

http://www.techspot.com/news/42321-mpaa-threatens-to-disconnect-google-from-the-internet.html

Subject: Re: Google to be disconnected?

Written By: Shiv on 02/09/11 at 8:40 pm

Movie theater ticket prices are too high.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 02/10/11 at 5:20 pm

That's not going to happen.  No way.

Google is huuuuuge!  I use Google every time I'm on the Internet or damn near.  I've never done P2P sharing.  I just use it as a search engine.  What's the percentage of Google users who use P2P to violate copyright?  0.2 at best? 

This is like the government saying they're going to shut down the Interstate system because people steal cars.  It's effing ridiculous. 

I know it's expensive and time-consuming, but go after the lawbreakers for chrissakes, not the infrastructure used to break the law. 

AND cinema ticket prices are too high...but they're full of crappy formula flicks I don't want to see anyway.  The MPAA can bite my breakfast sausage!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/angry3.gif

Written By: whistledog on 02/10/11 at 5:44 pm

Google is just the middle man.  It's used by lawbreakers to get to the sites where they can break the law. 

If someone goes into a bank and robs it, does the police go after the people who laid the cement that the crook walked on, to enter the bank?  Do they go after the maker of the car, which he used to make his get away?  Do they go after the maker of the pants he was wearing at the time, which he used to tuck the gun away as he walked into the bank?

Written By: Howard on 02/11/11 at 2:50 pm

Google is one of favorite search engines.

Written By: Ryan112390 on 02/12/11 at 4:14 pm

In Soviet Russia, Google disconnects MPAA.

Check for new replies or respond here...