inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Survivor: Redemption Island

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/11 at 6:50 am

Wow, did they really need to bring the Troll that is Russell back?  I so can't stand that man.  The positive is that the others have seen his gameplay and I think he isn't going to get away with the same crap he did last time.

And, Phillip?  Government agent, really?  He gave away his entire hand at the first TC.  My vote for one of the top ten dumbest survivors ever. ;D

Then there is the eye candy that is Mike.  I hope he sticks around for a long time.  Me like.  8)

Subject: Re: Survivor: Redemption Island

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/18/11 at 7:18 am

Phillip is WACKO!!!  I like how when they put the persons name and occupation on the screen they producers added a "?" after "Former Federal Agent".  ;D ;D

I'm hoping Ralph goes far because he's from my area. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/11 at 10:47 am

Holy crap I totally forgot to watch!  :o

I hate being in a hotel.
Anyway- I'll watch when I get home tonite. I have not read your posts.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/11 at 4:41 pm

I want to like Ralph.  I hope he doesn't turn into a freak.  Maybe he and Mike should go to the end.  They both do well and I get my shirtless Mike fix. ;D

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/18/11 at 8:37 pm

I want to like Ralph.  I hope he doesn't turn into a freak.  Maybe he and Mike should go to the end.  They both do well and I get my shirtless Mike fix. ;D

Ralph needs to wear a shirt, though.  Was Mike the one who commented on Ralph's "impressive man-sweater"?  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/18/11 at 9:41 pm

Loved the "impressive man-sweater" comment.  Cracked me up. ;D  I think it was Mike.

Written By: snozberries on 02/18/11 at 11:32 pm

I'm still not reading your posts. I just got home and yay I recorded it so I'll watch tomorrow

I think it gies without saying - but I'm totally rooting for rob to stomp russells ass

Written By: Dagwood on 02/19/11 at 8:58 am

I think it gies without saying - but I'm totally rooting for rob to stomp russells ass

Of course.  Aren't we all?

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/11 at 9:06 pm

Of course.  Aren't we all?

;D
Just started watching. Probst hanging out the ass of tha helicopter is crazy!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/11 at 9:20 pm

I think the former federal agent is digging his grave already.
I like Francesca.

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/11 at 9:31 pm

I think the former federal agent is digging his grave already.
I like Francesca.

Oops I said think didn't I?  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/11 at 10:17 pm

As Philip never watched the damn game??? This is crazy  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/19/11 at 10:32 pm

Phillis an even bigger idiot than I thought. He shouldn't played the odds and voted for Kristina. If she plays the idol fransesa francika franchica. Really how hard is it to say Francesca?  ::)

Anyway vote for k and if she plays the idol it's out of the game and whoever goes home bit vote for k and she doesn't play the idol maybe she goes home and it gets pit back in the game.

Rob's too smart (ihope) to get rid of philip bc Phillis an idiot. Rob can feed him whatever info and Phil will spread it. Robs gonna play him like a fiddle.

I wonder how many times we have to hear was a federal agent.
Dude obviously you werent in the CIA or NSA cuz if was we'd know all about area 51, Rosewell and who shot JFK. ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 12:31 am

Wow, did they really need to bring the Troll that is Russell back?  I so can't stand that man.  The positive is that the others have seen his gameplay and I think he isn't going to get away with the same crap he did last time.

And, Phillip?  Government agent, really?  He gave away his entire hand at the first TC.  My vote for one of the top ten dumbest survivors ever. ;D

Then there is the eye candy that is Mike.  I hope he sticks around for a long time.  Me like.  8)

Mike? Is he this seasons taboo? You know it takes me at least three weeks to learn the names.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 12:32 am

Phillip is WACKO!!!  I like how when they put the persons name and occupation on the screen they producers added a "?" after "Former Federal Agent".   ;D ;D

I'm hoping Ralph goes far because he's from my area. 

That was funny!!!

Ralph hmmm another name for me to learn.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 12:34 am

Wait is Ralph the hick? ( that's what he called himself)

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 12:35 am

Loved the "impressive man-sweater" comment.  Cracked me up. ;D   I think it was Mike.

Okay I know who Ralph is. If that was mikes comment I thought that dude was gay. (the nan sweater comment guy)

Written By: Dagwood on 02/20/11 at 7:23 am

Phillis an even bigger idiot than I thought. He shouldn't played the odds and voted for Kristina. If she plays the idol fransesa francika franchica. Really how hard is it to say Francesca?  ::)

He couldn't pronounce it because he is being treated for dry mouth....did you miss him saying that?  ;D

Mike? Is he this seasons taboo? You know it takes me at least three weeks to learn the names.

Mike is the former Marine that looks damn good shirtless.  Ralph is the little southern guy who had the "impressive man sweater" that he was talking with.  Both are stuck on Russell's team.  Thankfully both see right through the little troll.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/20/11 at 7:24 am

Okay I know who Ralph is. If that was mikes comment I thought that dude was gay. (the nan sweater comment guy)

That is Mike, but I don't think he is gay.

Not that it matters, gay or not he is still some might fine eye candy.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 9:52 am

He couldn't pronounce it because he is being treated for dry mouth....did you miss him saying that?  ;D

oh... I heard him say it...and I believe it about as much as I believe he's an ex federal agent.  Role playing X-Files with your nerd friends does not make you an ex Federal Agent dude.... if it did I'd totally be one of Charlie's Angels!  ::)

Mike is the former Marine that looks damn good shirtless.  Ralph is the little southern guy who had the "impressive man sweater" that he was talking with.  Both are stuck on Russell's team.  Thankfully both see right through the little troll.

that was funny when they immediately started strategizing because they know his game play and completely picked up on who he would align with....

now we just have to wait and see how smart they are...assuming the redemption isle battle is physical it would be stupid if the Z team loses to send Russell because he would trounce Francesca....if they are smart - and they lose... they will send his minion... .hopefully Francesca will kick her ass and then Russell will have to scramble for a new minion and francesca will be back in the game.

If francesca is back in the game she needs to dump kristina because that's a no-where alliance. sure she's low on the totem pole but if she works from the inside in...to get philip out she might have a shot... if she gets inside and tries to get Rob out he will decapitate her where she stands.  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 9:53 am

That is Mike, but I don't think he is gay.

Not that it matters, gay or not he is still some might fine eye candy.

most definitely doesn't make a difference hell I still have a huge crush on Tom Cruise  ;)  it's just how I read him.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/20/11 at 10:02 am

If the first episode is any indication to the rest of the season it will be a very entertaining run.

At first I hated Phillip but that guy is hilarious. They'll keep him around for comic relief alone. He'll keep the
infighting going by blabbing secrets, that'll let Rob, who I dilike immensely, to sit back a reap the benefits.
I would've rather seen Kristina go, I took a liking to Francesca, I hope she can return but I doubt it.

I wonder if the people playing the game really pay attention to what's going on. When Rob told Kristina to give up
the Idol and she'd be safe from the vote that should have sent a red flag to the others. Rob is in control, Rob gets
to say who stays and who goes. After that statement it should have been Rob who went.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 10:09 am

If the first episode is any indication to the rest of the season it will be a very entertaining run.

At first I hated Phillip but that guy is hilarious. They'll keep him around for comic relief alone. He'll keep the
infighting going by blabbing secrets, that'll let Rob, who I dilike immensely, to sit back a reap the benefits.
I would've rather seen Kristina go, I took a liking to Francesca, I hope she can return but I doubt it.

I wonder if the people playing the game really pay attention to what's going on. When Rob told Kristina to give up
the Idol and she'd be safe from the vote that should have sent a red flag to the others. Rob is in control, Rob gets
to say who stays and who goes. After that statement it should have been Rob who went.

they really can't afford to get rid of any men right now they are weak enough as it is...

Written By: loki 13 on 02/20/11 at 10:17 am

they really can't afford to get rid of any men right now they are weak enough as it is...

I understand that but the the longer the game goes on the more powerful he becomes. All they would need to do is weather
the storm. If they hold to past seasons there will be a tribal shuffle coming in a few weeks, then the weak may become strong.
I've always been a proponent of getting rid of the biggest threats early and Rob and Russel are the biggest threats.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 10:25 am

I understand that but the the longer the game goes on the more powerful he becomes. All they would need to do is weather
the storm. If they hold to past seasons there will be a tribal shuffle coming in a few weeks, then the weak may become strong.
I've always been a proponent of getting rid of the biggest threats early and Rob and Russel are the biggest threats.

I generally agree with getting rid of the biggest threat but not in the first couple weeks of the game. 
sure there's a merge coming but if Rob's team continues to lose they would only have like one or two people by the time it got to a merge...

I actually like Rob a lot. Sure he's a schemer but that's what Survivor's all about. when he and amber took control of the game their all star season I thought that was like a perfect game of chess being played.

On the other hand I hate russell. He's a rude, vile, misogynistic little troll and he needs to be stopped because his arrogance is unbearable.

personally I'd love to see them send Rob and Russell to Redemption Isle and let them battle it out....winner takes the title of best player to play the game....

And I hope the winner is Rob.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/20/11 at 10:39 am

I generally agree with getting rid of the biggest threat but not in the first couple weeks of the game. 
sure there's a merge coming but if Rob's team continues to lose they would only have like one or two people by the time it got to a merge...

I actually like Rob a lot. Sure he's a schemer but that's what Survivor's all about. when he and amber took control of the game their all star season I thought that was like a perfect game of chess being played.

On the other hand I hate russell. He's a rude, vile, misogynistic little troll and he needs to be stopped because his arrogance is unbearable.

personally I'd love to see them send Rob and Russell to Redemption Isle and let them battle it out....winner takes the title of best player to play the game....

And I hope the winner is Rob.

It's not the merge I am speaking of it's the tribal shuffle. In the past few seasons, about three weeks TV time before the merge there is a shuffle,
A repick so to speak. That is what I was referring to.

I don't dislike Rob as much as I used to, it's only immensely now, but I dislike Russel even more. I think the redemption Isle battle is one the
producers are hoping for also.

Written By: snozberries on 02/20/11 at 10:43 am

ah yes the shuffle... it could happen but it could be that the producers like the dynamics enough they'll not want to mess with it...

the first time they did the shuffle it was necessary because the initial tribal dynamic was such a snoozefest they had to do something viewers were dropping like flies...  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:13 pm

Warning. I'm about to live blog it.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:19 pm

I love Boston rob  ;D

Btw who's crazier? Phillip or Coach?

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:22 pm

Oh my brother....no one wants to see your ass creeping thru the jungle chucking a spear. We've come so much further from these images please Sony take us back there.  ::)

Alright the nature man commentary was pretty funny  ;D

Shut up Russell.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:24 pm

Rooster just found russells idol lol.
God I hope he doesn't keep it there otherwise Russell will find it.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:35 pm

DAMNIT!!!!  >:(

Honestly I wouldn't have put philp on the ball toss I wouldve put rob on it. Then again I wouldn't trust Phil on the key retrieval  or unlocking the box either  :D

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:43 pm

Rooster does have a man sweater.  8-P

Oh god russsells pulling the 'you're either with me or against me' crap again.

Dude the difference between this time and the last time u played is that these people have actually seen your game. The last time the teams were already on the island by the time your eps aired.  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:54 pm

Rob- you need to act like you think you're going home. You need to say it could be me' tonight
Phil- u want me to say that now?  ::)

Oy he's beyond stupid.

I like how rob told Phil stuff without telling him anything.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 7:55 pm

Seriously! Coach or Philip. Who's the craziest player to ever play the game.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 8:07 pm

Phillip...at least Coach was entertaining.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 8:15 pm

Okay, I like Ralph and love that he found the idol but, please could he put on a shirt. 

I like hairy chests, but some are just way too hairy.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 8:25 pm

Okay, I like Ralph and love that he found the idol but, please could he put on a shirt. 

I like hairy chests, but some are just way too hairy.

Seriously  8-P

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 8:26 pm

Dude. Phil still can't say Francesca.    ::)

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 8:27 pm

Dag. I see you're posting so I'll wait before posting who goes to redemption isle. And who ultimately returns.

Oh. I guess we have to wait until next week for the RI showdown.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 8:30 pm

Dag. I see you're posting so I'll wait before posting who goes to redemption isle. And who ultimately returns.

Oh. I guess we have to wait until next week for the RI showdown.

I know who goes...I read spoilers elsewhere.  Rob is an idiot.

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 8:33 pm

I know who goes...I read spoilers elsewhere.  Rob is an idiot.

I love rob but I agree Matt was not the one to send off. If he wanted to breakup the romance Andrea should've gone to the island. But I think he has a game plan he's not shown us yet.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 8:45 pm

I think he acted before he thought.  Plus, I would have loved to see Phillip go.  Then an extra episode of him and Francesca on Redemption island.  That would be great. ;D

I liked Rob coming into this but want to smack him tonight.

It was a hard episode.  I was rooting for Russell's team so Mike would hang out longer...but I wanted to root against them to lose the little Troll. 

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 8:49 pm

I think he acted before he thought.  Plus, I would have loved to see Phillip go.  Then an extra episode of him and Francesca on Redemption island.  That would be great. ;D

I liked Rob coming into this but want to smack him tonight.

It was a hard episode.  I was rooting for Russell's team so Mike would hang out longer...but I wanted to root against them to lose the little Troll. 

I still want rob to go all the way.
I think he wears smug and arrogant very well.

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 9:10 pm

I would love to see him go far, but I am rooting for Mike.  Purely because he is hot and I want to look at him all season. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 02/23/11 at 9:16 pm

I would love to see him go far, but I am rooting for Mike.  Purely because he is hot and I want to look at him all season. ;D

Ha ha. I'm rooting for mike to get the best of Russell and totally upset his game.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 02/23/11 at 9:29 pm

I know.  Mike and Ralph are my faves right now because they can see right through him and can get him out.  I sure hope...I would love to see the little troll sent out on his ear.

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/11 at 1:58 pm

Damn! I really want Francesca to win.  >:(

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/11 at 2:05 pm

Dumbass throwing the challenge during the puzzle shouldn't made it look like he was at least tryinng to solve the puzzle.

The one missing the spitting water shouldn't have missed just spit less water.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/03/11 at 9:29 pm

I am so doing the happy dance right now!

Bye bye troll man.  The only thing that will make this better is if Matt smokes him next week at RI.  That would make it the best season ever!

And there was plenty of shirtless Mike to make me even more happy!

Written By: snozberries on 03/03/11 at 9:53 pm

I am so doing the happy dance right now!

Bye bye troll man.  The only thing that will make this better is if Matt smokes him next week at RI.  That would make it the best season ever!

And there was plenty of shirtless Mike to make me even more happy!

glad you got your fill Dag... and yeah I'm happy too.. I hope matt can hold on and crush russell...

i don't understand...and maybe I missed the discussion because I was online---- why did the big alliance split the vote between the mouth and the troll? I guess they were afraid he had the idol.... I know Mike knows Rooster has the idol but I guess they didn't share that knowledge with their alliance.... good for them!

I am glad rob found the clue and even gladder he's not telling anyone I never understood the need to share this fact....shouldn't people not know you have it so you can use it to your advantage?

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/11 at 6:47 am

I think the split it the three ways because it would be a tie and Russell and the mouth, two of the Ralph votes, wouldn't be able to vote.  Then the plan was for the Mouth votes to switch to Russell. 

I think the Troll underestimated them.  Sure, he could pull it over on people that have never seen him play but these guys know how he works.  He is an idiot. 

I have a feeling the mouth will go on a rampage.  I don't think she realizes that she just lost her backer and everyone else will probably throw her to the lions.

I don't get why people feel the need to share the idol.  I agree, it should be secret.  It is supposed to be an advantage.  Rob proved he has a brain.

Written By: snozberries on 03/04/11 at 11:03 am

I guess that makes sense...sort of.

The mouth is stupid of she does go off. I'm no math wizard but I think it's her two against the 6.  Thems not good numbers  :D

I think- I don't know if he can pull it off before the others catch on- but I think he plans to take himself and Secret Agent Man to the end....wouldn't you!?!?  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/04/11 at 8:23 pm

I think- I don't know if he can pull it off before the others catch on- but I think he plans to take himself and Secret Agent Man to the end....wouldn't you!?!?  ;D

Most definitely.  Secret Agent Man is not liked but easy to deal with.  It would be an easy win for Rob.

Written By: loki 13 on 03/06/11 at 2:40 pm

After Russell had vacated, the one little remora looked back wit a scowl and said, "There's a storm coming." What storm?
It is 6-2 and the six alliance shows no signs of faltering. Both those remora better hope they win the rest of the challenges
up to the merge because they are next.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/09/11 at 7:51 pm

I am doing an even bigger happy dance.  Best Survivor Moment Ever!  I could replay the troll crying over and over again.  Buh bye troll-man. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/11 at 10:17 am

I am doing an even bigger happy dance.  Best Survivor Moment Ever!  I could replay the troll crying over and over again.  Buh bye troll-man. ;D

;D  The only regret I have is that it wasn't Rob who took him out! All that crap about him being a pro quarterback with a team of peewee leaguers... that's the kind of crap that pisses people off Russell...

WOW Phillip is a piece of work... I can't stand him either. ugh..... dude SHUT UP ALL READY!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/10/11 at 5:47 pm

I know.  Agent? Pinkpanties won't last much longer.  His trying to tell Rob what to do in exchange for info annoyed the Robfather.  Phillip is gone soon, I think.

Written By: snozberries on 03/10/11 at 7:09 pm

Love the nick names!!!  ;D

It makes sense for rob to keep him. He's the only one rob can beat (right now) no matter who rob goes up against in the final I think people would not want to give him the money. Unless the only option was to give it to Phillip.

(I'm hoping with redemption isle they go back to a final two.)

Having said all that if rob keeps phillipntheu will turn on rob sooner.

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/11 at 8:47 pm

1) I can't believe Steve got his panties all in a knot b/c the alliance of two voted for him. Get over yourself they had to vote for someone.

2) I was joking w/ Effie (what she's the only one here otherwise it's just me talking to myself  :P ) anyway I knew that the one blonde chick was gonna be jealous about the blonde boy bonding with the other blonde chick.... I was right.

3) Philip is bugging. Not just with how he talks to the girls & with that whole 'gorilla' !lion' bit. I loved when Steve gave him the Italian FU!  ;D
No I'm talking about his whole stealth alliance  ::)

4) I meant to say this last week. When Rob went to the RI challenge I wish he'd told Matt that he wanted him at RI to hopefully take out all the competition here and come back to the alliance at the end.  He's blonde enough to believe it.  ;D

5) watching that challenge where Mike was ripping off Grant's shirt I found myself thinking that Dag's hoping Grant will pay him back by ripping off Mike's shirt.  Sorry that didn't happen Dag.  ;)

Written By: snozberries on 03/23/11 at 8:48 pm

6) during that whole RI challenge I just wanted Probst to shut the hell up  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/23/11 at 10:38 pm

Not reading above posts yet.  Sarah had a concert at school so I can't watch until tomorrow!

Written By: snozberries on 03/24/11 at 12:25 am

Not reading above posts yet.  Sarah had a concert at school so I can't watch until tomorrow!

No worries. I didn't even say who got voted out this week.  :)

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/11 at 7:14 am

No worries. I didn't even say who got voted out this week.  :)

Cool.  I will watch after work and be back with my thoughts.  :D

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/11 at 4:57 pm

Okay, sad that Mike kept his shirt on instead of Grant.  He still looked dang good, though.

Written By: Dagwood on 03/24/11 at 5:03 pm

Stephanie is so annoying.  I would love to see her go away and never darken my tv screen ever again.  I just want to smack her rolling eyeballs out of her head.

And, David is an idiot.  Trust is very important.  Who cares if you go into the merge with numbers, if you can't trust your tribemates not to flip.  Stephanie will flip in a heartbeat if they give her the chance.

And...YAY! They didn't give her a chance.  I am rooting for Matt to kick her annoying little butt in the RI challenge!

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/11 at 2:50 pm

Just when I was getting a soft spot for Stephanie they vote her off.

Her tribe is playing the game all wrong, an alliance of 6 is too many even if they have the numbers at the merge.
When it comes to the final four who will be the odd ones out? An alliance of 6 will have a secret alliance of 3 and
if you don't know about it you're not in it. I don't remember the guys name but he had it right, they have to break
up the alliance and get rid of the people who think they run the show. Get rid of them now when it is easier not
later, my vote would have been for the human sweater. Stephanie is not now, nor will she be later, a threat. Hairy
guy is so I would have sent him packing.

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/11 at 3:01 pm

that one hypochondriac chick is totally at the bottom of a 6-person alliance but she was still too stupid to realize it... had they been smarter two or three of that 6 person alliance should have realigned with Russell's minions... then after eliminating the original alliance they could turn on the other team at the merge and then, ultimately, on each other... no one ever thinks about the end game tho they are always in the moment or one game ahead... if people would stick with the a plan they'd be good but people always abandon the plan because they panic...

Written By: loki 13 on 03/27/11 at 3:21 pm

You're right, Russell's minions are just that, minions. They were never a threat to win the game but now that all
of Russell's alliance is gone the rest will now have to turn on their own should they lose another challenege. You
think they would see that and vote accordingly. You hit the nail on the head with panic. With the exception of
the one guy who reached out to Stephanie they voted out of fear. Two alpha males run that tribe, one of the
two should have been the vote. It will be interesting to see which alpha will now gather the sheep and which 
one will go.

Written By: snozberries on 03/27/11 at 3:46 pm

You're right, Russell's minions are just that, minions. They were never a threat to win the game but now that all
of Russell's alliance is gone the rest will now have to turn on their own should they lose another challenege. You
think they would see that and vote accordingly. You hit the nail on the head with panic. With the exception of
the one guy who reached out to Stephanie they voted out of fear. Two alpha males run that tribe, one of the
two should have been the vote. It will be interesting to see which alpha will now gather the sheep and which 
one will go.

they are not going to deal with it until after the hypochondriac is gone...after that they will realize they are screwed (hinging all their plans on a merge...) but until they get rid of the one who annoys them all and have no one left to turn on they will effectively seal their fate....what gets me is this happens time and time again... you'd think people who actually watch Survivor would figure this crap out by now...

Written By: Dagwood on 03/30/11 at 9:30 pm

Not going to spoil, but I had to comment on shirtless Mike.  They showed me lots of shirtless Mike tonight. :D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/11 at 12:55 pm

Not going to spoil, but I had to comment on shirtless Mike.  They showed me lots of shirtless Mike tonight. :D
Ha ha ha.

That challenge looked exhausting. I mean really, truly exhausting. I was cheering for my team so loud!!!  8)

Can you believe how Philip lost it over rice. Okay it wasn't about rice - it's like couples who argue about toothpaste. But still the man is losing his mind. Remember, dag, the guy who lost it and made a "blackberry" out of a piece of drift wood? I wanna see him, coach & Phil on their own version of Big Brother isle.
Just three dudes on an isle for a month with cameras capturing their deteriorating sanity.
Okay we need more than three dudes. We'll have to put some others there for conflict and levity.  You cast them:  GO!!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 03/31/11 at 5:34 pm

Can you believe how Philip lost it over rice. Okay it wasn't about rice - it's like couples who argue about toothpaste. But still the man is losing his mind. Remember, dag, the guy who lost it and made a "blackberry" out of a piece of drift wood? I wanna see him, coach & Phil on their own version of Big Brother isle.
Just three dudes on an isle for a month with cameras capturing their deteriorating sanity.
Okay we need more than three dudes. We'll have to put some others there for conflict and levity.  You cast them:  GO!!!!

Shane? He was great, I would love to see him again.  I heard he was supposed to be on one of the All-Stars but got bumped at the last minute for someone else.  I think it was last season but could be wrong.  That would have put him and Coach together.

I kinda don't blame Secret Agent Man for freaking out over the rice.  They were just being bitchy for the heck of it. 

Wow, I just defended Phillip.  I really need a vacation. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/31/11 at 10:59 pm

Shane? He was great, I would love to see him again.  I heard he was supposed to be on one of the All-Stars but got bumped at the last minute for someone else.  I think it was last season but could be wrong.  That would have put him and Coach together.

I kinda don't blame Secret Agent Man for freaking out over the rice.  They were just being bitchy for the heck of it. 

Wow, I just defended Phillip.  I really need a vacation. ;D

You do need a vacation.  I'm not saying Philip was wrong ..... Just nuts. Really nuts.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/01/11 at 7:00 am

He is nuts, but it is entertaining. ;D

Vacation in 9 days

Written By: loki 13 on 04/07/11 at 6:33 pm

I have been watching survivor since the first season and I must say; this group is, by far, the most stupid group
to ever play this game, has any of them ever seen an episode? They reveal all their secrets, put the immunity
idol in play for the hell of it, and allow one person, the only one who knows how to play, to rule the game.
There should have already been a major coup but they allow themselves to be played like the pawns they are.
Rob deserves to win simply because of the stupidity of the others.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/07/11 at 6:59 pm

I have been watching survivor since the first season and I must say; this group is, by far, the most stupid group
to ever play this game, has any of them ever seen an episode? They reveal all their secrets, put the immunity
idol in play for the hell of it, and allow one person, the only one who knows how to play, to rule the game.
There should have already been a major coup but they allow themselves to be played like the pawns they are.
Rob deserves to win simply because of the stupidity of the others.

I am beginning to agree with you.  They aren't the brightest bunch, are they?  Gotta keep Shirtless Mike in, though, just so I can look at him some more. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/08/11 at 4:34 pm

If Matt survives this bout with Redemption Island he deserves and will get the win... but i'm still rooting for Rob. I like the way he manipulates the game. He is, in my opinion, the player to never win survivor... and I hope that changes soon.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/14/11 at 3:43 pm

What Rob has to watch out for is that no jury has been set yet. He keeps acting like king of the roost and
and sending off the other tribe and he alienated Matt...twice. These are the people that have to vote for
the winner. I wouldn't be surprised to see a redemtion challenge for one to return to the game and the
rest then become the jury, if that happens Rob is done. I'm still waiting for the puppets to smarten up and
oust him now, before it is to late.

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/11 at 4:33 pm

His plan is a good one....if he can pull it off. If he can take phil and a girl who's riding his coattails with him then he could win for playing the game.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/11 at 5:41 pm

It won't happen.  I have a feeling it won't take much to sway Grant and Andrea and they may get rid of him.  Plus I want to hurt him for getting rid of my Shirtless Mike.  So sad  :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 04/14/11 at 6:27 pm

It won't happen.  I have a feeling it won't take much to sway Grant and Andrea and they may get rid of him.  Plus I want to hurt him for getting rid of my Shirtless Mike.  So sad  :\'(
But mike could win the redemption isle challenge. Ihopehe does cuz if matt wins themallhe wins tne game.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/14/11 at 6:53 pm

I know, I want Mike to win, but I also would like to see Matt win.  Not fair.  :(

Written By: loki 13 on 04/16/11 at 12:00 pm

I don't know why but I've been thinking about this game. In the last episode the other tribe approached Phil about
strategy, Phil said he wouldn't talk about the game their minds were made up. The other tribe needs to have an audilbe
conversation among themselves, something on the lines of..." Once they vote the three of us out they will have to turn
on themselves. Rob has himself going to the finals, so who of the five will be voted out first? Huh Phil, who do you think the
first of you is going?"...Have this conversation around the other five, guaranteed someone will approach to upset the
apple cart.

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/11 at 12:27 pm

I don't know why but I've been thinking about this game. In the last episode the other tribe approached Phil about
strategy, Phil said he wouldn't talk about the game their minds were made up. The other tribe needs to have an audilbe
conversation among themselves, something on the lines of..." Once they vote the three of us out they will have to turn
on themselves. Rob has himself going to the finals, so who of the five will be voted out first? Huh Phil, who do you think the
first of you is going?"...Have this conversation around the other five, guaranteed someone will approach to upset the
apple cart.

it's inevitable that they will turn on each other but it doesn't make sense to align with the other tribe because you'd be at the bottom of their group too... trust me... rob will have to step up his game once all the former zapatera tribe members are gone because he will be the one with the big target on his back... but he has an idol and if the ometepe tribe stays loyal until they are the final 6 then he won't have to use it...

you have to remember you are only getting the edited dialogue the producers want you to see. these conversations could be going on but since the votes came out the way they have come out they may be saving that footage for later... Rob is not a dumb guy. He may be cocky as hell but he knows he doesn't have this locked up. He's looking at now and the end game..the middle part he will figure out when he gets there...  same with the others... makes no sense for ometepe to turn on ometepe right now... no sense at all...

Written By: loki 13 on 04/16/11 at 1:05 pm

The tribe doesn't have to turn on itself just Rob. They will still have numbers and I will get my wish, Rob gone.
I've stated earlier in this thread that I like Rob slightly more than I liked Russel, and I despise Russel. Every week
I see Rob the more I delike him and his pompous attitude. So basically my strategy is all about me and as many
times that I screamed at the television they have yet to listen to me.

I know we get an edited version and I would love to see an uncut, uncensored version of the game.

As far as edited is concerned I am still a firm believer the outcome is scripted, villainous behavior equals ratings.
that's why the nasty players hang around longer than they should but that doesn't keep me from watching or
yelling at the TV.

Written By: snozberries on 04/16/11 at 1:21 pm

;D

I still like Rob so I'm happy  :P

Written By: snozberries on 04/25/11 at 9:32 pm

Julie went to Redemption Isle last week right? Gotta say this surprised me cuz I thought they'd keep working on the men...  :-\\

Written By: Dagwood on 04/26/11 at 7:08 am

I think Rob realized that she is pretty strategic and could possible undermine him.  Sad.  At this point I think it is whoever comes back from RI's game to win.  Hell, the jury will be mostly their tribe. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/11 at 11:33 am

I think Rob realized that she is pretty strategic and could possible undermine him.  Sad.  At this point I think it is whoever comes back from RI's game to win.  Hell, the jury will be mostly their tribe. ;D

Good point.  ;D

Written By: Dagwood on 04/27/11 at 8:24 pm

Only gonna spoil one thing

Thank God Agent?pinkpanties found his shorts!  Hallelujah! ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 12:15 am

Only gonna spoil one thing

Thank God Agent?pinkpanties found his shorts!  Hallelujah! ;D

;D

I think they sped it up on purpose bc the producers realized there'd be little tension until there was only one tribe left.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/11 at 7:09 am

I think you're right.  Can't wait for the backstabbing to begin.  Hopefully it starts with Andrea winning immunity.  That will really shake things up.

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 10:44 am

I think you're right.  Can't wait for the backstabbing to begin.  Hopefully it starts with Andrea winning immunity.  That will really shake things up.

Asking as rob survives the vote I wouldntmindseeing Andrea get immunity the first week.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/11 at 5:53 pm

Okay, Rob can survive so Andrea can get immunity.  I just want to see them scramble since they have already pegged her as the next to go.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/28/11 at 5:55 pm

I often wonder if any of this season's contestants ever watch an episode of Survivor. They follow on Rob's every word
as if he is a Cult leader. Rob says jump they collectively say how high. They should just hand him the prize now so they
can go home and eat. Rob plays a good game but I don't think he is as good as the others are bad. I despise Rob but
he deserves to win simply by the stupidity of the others. It ought to get interesting now that they have to turn on each
other because without Rob's guidance they are lost.

Written By: Dagwood on 04/28/11 at 6:04 pm

I often wonder if any of this season's contestants ever watch an episode of Survivor. They follow on Rob's every word
as if he is a Cult leader. Rob says jump they collectively say how high. They should just hand him the prize now so they
can go home and eat. Rob plays a good game but I don't think he is as good as the others are bad. I despise Rob but
he deserves to win simply by the stupidity of the others. It ought to get interesting now that they have to turn on each

I don't think he will win, though.  The jury is filled with the other tribe and they don't look at game play, ever.  I only wish Russell had made the jury.  We would have to see the little troll every week...but his speech would be epic. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 6:10 pm

I don't think he will win, though.  The jury is filled with the other tribe and they don't look at game play, ever.  I only wish Russell had made the jury.  We would have to see the little troll every week...but his speech would be epic. ;D

Yeah Russell would've given a great speech but he probably would've manipulated the whole jury.

You have to admit, if they are all taken in by rob then he is playing a great game. Jeff even reminded them how rob turned on lex in all stars and they still stuck with the plan. 

Dag's right tho rob won't win. If they go final three and rob takes Phillip and a girl the girl will be lesser of three evils. If Philip can convince people he's not really crazy (that's a big if) he could win. If grant gets to the final he wins.  Anyone from redemption isle gets in final three they totally win.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/15/11 at 7:26 pm

The last Redemption challenge was just played, don't worry Q I won't reveal anything, and it may get interesting.
I think, for some odd reason, that I want Philip to win, we'll see how it turns out.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/15/11 at 9:53 pm

Not saying a thing about the winner...but that final Tribal Council?  Dang  :o

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 12:01 am

Not saying a thing about the winner...but that final Tribal Council?  Dang  :o

DANG IS RIGHT!!!!

Dave gave the best speech I've ever seen!!!

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/11 at 7:08 am

I agree.  Dave was good at disconnecting himself from the bitterness.

And Phillip sure shot himself in the foot.  Telling the jury members "to hell with you" at final tribal is never a good idea, especially if you want to win. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 8:21 am

I agree.  Dave was good at disconnecting himself from the bitterness.

And Phillip sure shot himself in the foot.  Telling the jury members "to hell with you" at final tribal is never a good idea, especially if you want to win. ;D

I think the reason Ashley was voted out - maybe not but I wouldve done it & said it @ TC - when Jeff asked her if she could win she said yes. Then he asked if she had a better chance at winning than Nat or Phil and she yes. But she said yes (both times) with so much conviction that she might as well have answered ABSOLUTELY!  ::)

Even if I had planned on voting for Phil I wouldve changed my vote on the spot!

Say what you want about him but Rob played a brilliant game.

Two observations - no torch memory walk (probably due to the way the game was designed the three had little exposure to several eliminated castaways. I'm happy. I hate that part of the finale.

2) a few people didn't get to talk at all. There was no questioning of Francesca about her opinion of how Phil played the game.

So my guess Matt is returning next season and....Mike? Grant? Or someone from a past season?

My guesss is Russell will return two more times so he can play more times than Rob  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 05/16/11 at 5:02 pm

Q I think you'll disagree with me on this but I think Rob played a great game after all he won but sometimes the best player doesn't win.
I think Ralph played a better game, he just fell victim to Rob's sheep. They said it themselves, they were afraid to vote off Rob because
of the idol. If you play this game with fear you have no shot to win. Rob was so sure of his role he never would've played the idol. Ralph
manipulated the game in his favor without fear and without care. He made sure his tribe was not star blind and didn't fall into the Russell
is king trap. Rob's tribe were little lost puppies that followed his every word. Great game....yes, but his game wasn't as great as the rest
were bad. Rob's tribe set the blueprint on how not to play Suvivor.

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/11 at 5:47 pm

I think the reason Ashley was voted out - maybe not but I wouldve done it & said it @ TC - when Jeff asked her if she could win she said yes. Then he asked if she had a better chance at winning than Nat or Phil and she yes. But she said yes (both times) with so much conviction that she might as well have answered ABSOLUTELY!  ::)

Even if I had planned on voting for Phil I wouldve changed my vote on the spot!

Two observations - no torch memory walk (probably due to the way the game was designed the three had little exposure to several eliminated castaways. I'm happy. I hate that part of the finale.

2) a few people didn't get to talk at all. There was no questioning of Francesca about her opinion of how Phil played the game.

So my guess Matt is returning next season and....Mike? Grant? Or someone from a past season?

My guesss is Russell will return two more times so he can play more times than Rob  ;D

I think that is when they decided to cut Ashley loose, too.  I yelled at her telling her she was an idiot.  Didn't really like her anyway, so it was a good thing. ;D

I agree...no torch walk was nice.

I have heard people speculating Phil and Coach.  That might be fun...two crazies. ;D  I wouldn't mind Matt but please, for the love of all that is holy and good, do not bring the troll back.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 5:57 pm

Q I think you'll disagree with me on this but I think Rob played a great game after all he won but sometimes the best player doesn't win.
I think Ralph played a better game, he just fell victim to Rob's sheep. They said it themselves, they were afraid to vote off Rob because
of the idol. If you play this game with fear you have no shot to win. Rob was so sure of his role he never would've played the idol. Ralph
manipulated the game in his favor without fear and without care. He made sure his tribe was not star blind and didn't fall into the Russell
is king trap. Rob's tribe were little lost puppies that followed his every word. Great game....yes, but his game wasn't as great as the rest
were bad. Rob's tribe set the blueprint on how not to play Suvivor.

I agree Rob was a puppet master on his tribe I think he did luck out with placement but I don't think Russell could have controlled the tribe as well as Rob did. I  think Russell still would've been taken out early had he been on the tribe Rob was on. I think Russell's team would have voted Rob out but maybe not....Rob's argument of no one will vote for me if you take me to the finals is a valid one. On paper there's no way Rob should've won. Had he gone with Matt or Grant or even Andrea he def would've lost.  Had he gone with Ashley she might have talked her way into winning.....

The genius part of Rob's game was maintaining control and taking the right people to the end. He had to read people and know their strengths and weaknesses... not just in his team but in the other team as well.  It really does take a certain skill set that has been demonstrated before.... in all the years I've watched and I've missed seasons 2 - 7 so forgive if I'm wrong I've never seen an alliance so tight and so focused. usually by the merge there's dissension among the ranks and everyone jumps ship. Rob kept everyone focused and they all stuck to the plan. Even when presented with good options they stuck with the plan. 

When andrea said lets vote out Rob Ashley and Nat didn't want to because they knew Rob had the idol (which he did indeed play) they could've voted off Phillip instead but chose to  vote off Andrea.  You can't blame rob because his team was stupid. It worked to his advantage but he still played them beautifully.  And, as I said at the beginning of this post (sort of) given the exact same team  I don't think there's a past member who could've played this game and done it as well as Rob did.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/16/11 at 6:19 pm

I can't take away what Rob was able to accomplish, of the three he did deserve it though I would've loved
to see Phillip win just for the shear lunacy of it. I guess what I am trying to say that on Rob's side there were
no subplots, no drama, no conniving, no backstabbing, that made for a boring game.

On a side note; was it just me or did Dave's, I think that's who it was, girlfriend look like she wanted to say no to his proposal.

Written By: snozberries on 05/16/11 at 6:22 pm

I can't take away what Rob was able to accomplish, of the three he did deserve it though I would've loved
to see Phillip win just for the shear lunacy of it. I guess what I am trying to say that on Rob's side there were
no subplots, no drama, no conniving, no backstabbing, that made for a boring game.

On a side note; was it just me or did Dave's, I think that's who it was, girlfriend look like she wanted to say no to his proposal.

She totally didn't want to be proposed to... .or she knew it was coming and that was her lame attempt at feigning surprise  :D 
she really wanted to use that line about Survivor "loving to blindside her" Hell I barely remember her!  ::) 

we'll have to agree to disagree about the game Rob played tho I thought it was quite compelling!

Check for new replies or respond here...