inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: PaleyFest 2011

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/11 at 1:34 pm

Okay... I'm going to recap my events here cuz well.... I want to!  :D  8)

For those who live under a rock  ;)  Or who have forgotten....

PALEYFEST is an annual - this year is the 28th season- celebration of television series, the stars who appear on them and the creative team behind the process.
Originally the Paley Center for Media was called the Museum of Television and Radio and it still is a museum of broadcast material. There is a Paley Center in NYC and one in Beverly Hills.
PaleyFest only occurs in LA. It's in the sprng and lasts about 2 weeks...there are 14 or so events, each night honoring a different TV show or celebrity.

If you have ever seen Inside the Actor's Studio it's sort of like that. There is a panel comprised of producers, writers, actors all talking about the creative process of their series...

Past PaleyFests lineups have included

Buffy reunion
An evening with Judd Apatow
an evening with Seth MacFarlane
Lost
Heroes
Ugly Betty
X-Files
An evening with Sherwood Shwartz
Gilmore Girls
Wonder Years
Everybody Hates Chris
Everybody Loves Raymond
Flashforward

basically if it's been on the air it's probably been honored at PaleyFest or at the Paley Center during the rest of the year....

sooooo here's where i'm putting my recap of events. . .

So far we've had two events... i have to leave soon for the third but I will be back to finish my posts... in the meantime if you have any questions or comments feel free to post them.

Subject: Re: PaleyFest 2011

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/07/11 at 2:18 pm

Did you go to the Gilmore Girls event?  If so, please post some of your wonderful pictures!

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/11 at 2:28 pm

Did you go to the Gilmore Girls event?  If so, please post some of your wonderful pictures!

I did go to the Gilmore Girls event. I don't even know if I have pics because I wasn't obsessively taking photos then... and it never occurred to me to get pics with... what the hell was i thinking. I was a little shy in those days (go figure) plus that was about four or five digital cameras ago so i really have to go back through all my discs and memory cards and see what I have from back then...

the new camera I got for this year tho took better pics than I thought it was taking... I can't wait for tonight!!!! Sorry I don't have time to post pics from Walking Dead adn True blood yet but I will get them up soon....hopefully my time management is better tomorrow.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/07/11 at 4:13 pm

No worries digging for pix.  How was the event?  Did you get to ask questions?  Gilmore Girls is one of my favorite shows EVER!

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/11 at 5:52 pm

The event was fantastic. Actually there were two events ( one paleyfest the 1st year on the air & one @ the center for the 100th ep)

So the best part was that Amy Sherman-paladino is exactly like loreli...and so is Lauren Graham! Watching them interact was fabulous. It was like watching a conversation between loreli and loreli

I talked to Kelly bishop (Emily) she was also the mom in Dirty Dancing. DD happens to be one of my favorite feel good movies. I told her how much I loved DD and she said "Why?" there was shock and disgust in that question  :-[
Guess the lady who's done broadway has higher standards but damnit you were in the damn movie just say thank you and smile  ::)

I had a great conversation with Melissa McCarthy - she remembered it (not necessarily me) when I met her again at Mike & Molly (now she remembers me tho!) anyway I told her I had a bone to pick with her about Sookie double dipping when she cooked. I'm pretty sure she never double dipped again.  8)

It was a great night.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/07/11 at 6:45 pm

Sounds soooo awesome!  I've seen an ASP interview on youtube which was pretty cool.  You can totally see that she is Lorelei!

Kelly Bishop won a Tony for A Chorus Line, I believe.  I never saw that, but I sure saw Dirty Dancing (I love it too)!  Excuuuuuuse us!  If her standards were so high, why did she bother doing the movie? 

Melissa McCarthy seems like she'd be cool to hang with.  I've actually watch Mike and Molly a few times and really dig it!

Thanks for sharing  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/07/11 at 6:58 pm

Just a guess but I think she took the role because of $$$  ;D

MM Is great. My goal is to get a pic w/ unfortunately u can't get a camera into the show tapings.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:16 pm

Alright... sorry I time just kept getting away from me....

NIGHT ONE: March 4.  THE WALKING DEAD

Andrew Lincoln - Rick Grimes (did you guys know he's british? I had no idea he does a great american accent...)
John Bernthal - Shane Walsh
Sarah Wayne Calis - Lori Grimes
Laurie Holdren - Andrea
Emma Bell - Amy
Steven Leun - Glenn

Frank Darabont - creator (TV Series) also director of films like Shawshank and The Mist
Robert Kirkman - creator (Comic Book) Exec Producer of the Tv show
Gail something who produces TWD and some of the Terminator films...

GREAT PANEL! Frank was sick and high on Thera-Flu!!! He was hilarious.
The cast was interesting... it was so long ago tho now I have to see if I remember what they said lol...

oh okay - so if you watch the show (Patty  ;) )  you may know the concept debuted as a comic book series first. Although the series is trying to remain true to the comic book they have taken some creative license. I have read the comics so I don't know what they are... i do know that Shane, apparently, would be dead by now but, because of the love triangle, they are keeping him around. There are hints (no surprise tho) that Lori might be preggers...  Interesting dynamic don't you think? not that she won't know who the daddy is but that she will have to deliver and attempt to raise a baby in a post apocalyptic world!

Also--- all that stuff at the CDC--- that was not in the comic. Frank thought it would be interesting to learn that the spread is global and that some exposition was needed and it was away to explain something while explaining nothing.... also they needed to move the storyline forward.

And--He felt bad about killing off Amy so soon... it was in the comic book and necessary to progress Andrea's storyline but it was sad to lose the actress... she was also sad because now she's out of work  ;D

Glenn talked about learning he got the role while sitting in Denny's. It was hilarious but you kinda had to be there...

The cast was great about signing autographs but not one of them stopped by the after party which was disappointing...

Oh and Patty- that DVD release party was a topic later among some people I know who went... there were different stars there wish it were a different date or earlier.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:22 pm

Day Two: March 5.  True Blood

Yeah... there were a freaking lot of people on stage and I don't watch True Blood... that's one of those i'm gonna catch up on after the series is over... YAY BLU RAY!!!

um....

Anna Paquin - Sookie
Stephen Moyer - Bill
alex Skaarsgard - eric
sam trammell - sam
Ryan K. - Jason
Rutina - tara
Nelsan - LaFayette
Chris Bauer -  HE WAS ON THIRD WATCH!!!!
Carrie Preston
(I don't remember if the dude who plays hoyt was there... he might have been...)
Kevin Alejandro ----- WHO I DID NOT RECOGNIZE FROM SOUTHLAND  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Creator Alan Ball

anyway all I remember from the night is lots of screaming... LOTS OF SCREAMING!!! And lots of pushing for autographs... ask me some questions it might trigger my memory..

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:23 pm

Sunday the 6th---- my only night off... i went to costco....  :P

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:36 pm

Night Three: Monday March 7.  White Collar

Matt Bomer -  YUMMM
Sharif Atkins - YUMMMM
Tiffani Theissan
Marsha Thomason - YOU MIGHT REMEMBER HER FROM LAS VEGAS & LOST
Willie Garson - YOU MIGHT REMEMBER HIM FROM SEX & THE CITY
Tim DeKay

Jeff Estin creator/producer
Jeff King producer/director

DAVID E. KELLY - the practice, Boston Public, Picket Fences, Harry's Law - MODERATED THE EVENT

Another good night... welll with the eye candy on stage how could it be bad?

they showed us the finale the night before it aired on USA.

Amazingly they had no problem with the storyline-  the characters were in search of a nazi sub that sunk during WWII  apparently two of the guest stars characters had grandfathers directly involved with the initial sinking of/search for..... the sub that had some rare something on it (turned out to be jewels and art and stuff stolen from rich jews)
the Sub they show on screen in the warehouse is all CGI the only part they manufactured was the top when they were lifting the lid trying to defuse the bomb booby traps.

The show does film in NYC and using those crews they are so fast because they are so used to having to set up and strike sets quickly... they shoot 8 days a week literally... it takes 8 days to shoot a one hour ep.

Willie Garson apparently is the most difficult because he's particular about the lines he's given. They were joking about it but it seemed/felt like a serious line of contention among the cast...

David Kelly had lots of questions about network regulations vs cable network regulations joking that he hopes his next show is on a cable network...

Everyone signed but Marsha Thomason who bolted off stage as soon as it was over...  ::)  

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:48 pm

Night Four: March 8. Hot in Cleveland

Betty White
Val Bertinelli
Wendy Malick
Jane Leeves

Creator Suzanne Martin
no sean hayes  :\'(

Funny night... Betty White is a fire cracker....she can't hear but she's funny..
It was sweet watching her and Val interact. They were often holding hands, patting each other on the knee... it was cute!!!

Val would love to see the cast of One Day at a Time guest star on the show... especially pat Harringtion and Mack.

Wendy wants George Segal (Just Shoot Me).

They talked about how much fun the AMC cross over was... Susan Lucci came on HIC as Susan Lucci. Wendy guest starred on AMC as Victoria Chase -  her credit even read Victoria Chase... I need to find that on youtueb b/c I don't watch AMC...

anyway she talked about how grueling a soap schedule is and how they actors run hundreds of pages a week vs the 40 they do on a sit com weekly...

Jane Leeves apparently was in Monty Python and on Benny Hill.... who knew... 

the funniest part of the ep they showed was when the son Jane's character gave up for adoption shows up to meet her and gets accidentally shot. Jane isn't ready to meet him so she says val is her... then val puts on this horrid cockney accent (trying to sound british) Wendy puts on a refined british accent because she wants to show how it's done... and jane does this hilarious American accent..  (I'll try and find a clip of it later...)

got autographs from all but betty.  :(
Wendy Malick signed my pic with a ball point pen instead of the sharpie I provided  >:(
all in all it was fun but I wish I'd been able to get pics with Valerie.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:49 pm

gotta get ready for tonight's event i'll try and pic it up where I left off tonight or tomorrow...

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 3:05 pm

Oh I forgot. Re: Walking Dead

This is basically an alternate reality of earth where zombie movies don't exist which is why they never reference/mention them and the rules for surviving a zombie apocalypse. Also - they never say "zombie"

Check for new replies or respond here...