inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Ennegram Test

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/14/11 at 4:50 pm

Has anyone here tried this test? I tried this test a few weeks ago and here's the webpage...

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com

I got BOTH 6 and 9.

6-The Loyalist

The committed, security-oriented type. Sixes are reliable, hard-working, responsible, and trustworthy. Excellent "troubleshooters," they foresee problems and foster cooperation, but can also become defensive, evasive, and anxious—running on stress while complaining about it. They can be cautious and indecisive, but also reactive, defiant and rebellious. They typically have problems with self-doubt and suspicion. At their Best: internally stable and self-reliant, courageously championing themselves and others.

* Basic Fear: Of being without support and guidance
   * Basic Desire: To have security and support
   * Enneagram Six with a Five-Wing: "The Defender"
   * Enneagram Six with a Seven-Wing: "The Buddy"

Key Motivations: Want to have security, to feel supported by others, to have certitude and reassurance, to test the attitudes of others toward them, to fight against anxiety and insecurity.
The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), dutiful Sixes suddenly become competitive and arrogant at Three. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), fearful, pessimistic Sixes become more relaxed and optimistic, like healthy Nine.

Maybe that's why I'm so Butt-Hurt (Taking things seriously) at times.

9-The Peacemaker

Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts.

* Basic Fear: Of loss and separation
   * Basic Desire: To have inner stability "peace of mind"
   * Enneagram Nine with an Eight-Wing: "The Referee"
   * Enneagram Nine with a One-Wing: "The Dreamer"

Key Motivations: Want to create harmony in their environment, to avoid conflicts and tension, to preserve things as they are, to resist whatever would upset or disturb them.
The Meaning of the Arrows (in brief)

When moving in their Direction of Disintegration (stress), complacent Nines suddenly become anxious and worried at Six. However, when moving in their Direction of Integration (growth), slothful, self-neglecting Nines become more self-developing and energetic, like healthy Threes.

There's also a 45-min questionnaire on that site too....

Subject: Re: The Ennegram Test

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/15/11 at 6:04 am

I'll take the enemagram test when I get back from work.  Am interested to see what it says.

Check for new replies or respond here...