inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: This song could single-handedly kill the music industry...

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:00 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0&feature=related

Subject: Re: This song could single-handedly kill the music industry...

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 2:03 pm

Snozberries, do you see why Generation Y complains ALL the time about how today's music sucks? Well, now you know why.  ;D

If it keeps going in this direction the music industry might have to close down.

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 2:56 pm

Snozberries, do you see why Generation Y complains ALL the time about how today's music sucks? Well, now you know why.  ;D

If it keeps going in this direction the music industry might have to close down.

well in this case her family - dad or granddad or somebody...shelled out several grand to get her song recorded and made into video... it's not like any record label has signed her....yet...

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 2:59 pm

well in this case her family - dad or granddad or somebody...shelled out several grand to get her song recorded and made into video... it's not like any record label has signed her....yet...

Yeah, let's hope not.  :(

Written By: bchris02 on 03/17/11 at 5:34 pm

Snozberries, do you see why Generation Y complains ALL the time about how today's music sucks? Well, now you know why.  ;D

I just realized this isn't a real song.  I think its a parody of Justin Bieber and crap like "Baby".

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/17/11 at 6:39 pm

Awful, I agree, but I'd rather my 8 year old sing this than anything by Ke$ha.  (My daughter actually made me put the dollar sign there)!

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/11 at 6:46 pm

Awful, I agree, but I'd rather my 8 year old sing this than anything by Ke$ha.  (My daughter actually made me put the dollar sign there)!

Or as they call her on Glee Key-Dollar sign-Ha  :D

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/17/11 at 7:02 pm

I karma you 80s fan! (Are you a Gen Y-er like me?)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/17/11 at 9:05 pm

I karma you 80s fan! (Are you a Gen Y-er like me?)

I'm pure Y'er, 1988! Lol. Karma to u too!

Written By: RG1995 on 03/17/11 at 9:13 pm

Is this a joke? I'm confused... :(

Written By: Cory! on 03/17/11 at 9:29 pm

Its NOT a joke, the singer is VERY serious about it. The song is for the Ark Music Factory, she didn't write the song, she just sings it...and she sounds like an autotuned duckkk. :P Don't worry because NOBODY is taking this seriously. The only reason this song is even charting is because its pretty much a huge joke for everybody, and its NOT how the music industry is going...

Written By: Henk on 03/18/11 at 1:25 am

Oh my gosh. That was horrifying. To think somebody sat down and produced that, believing this girl can actually sing. To hell with rhyme, and who needs metrum? Partying partying, that's what it's all about! Now which seat shall I take...? :-\\

Written By: snozberries on 03/18/11 at 2:34 am

GUESS WHAT!!!! Today is Friday, friday, Friday...
Yesterday was Thursday!
Tomorrow is Saturday and then comes Sunday!  ::) :P

Written By: sonikuu on 03/18/11 at 3:17 am

Yeah, that song sucks.  But it's not the first bad pop song to focus on the days of the week, as the chorus of this song proves:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTkJ9UK3JsQ

Written By: Milkof1996 on 03/18/11 at 5:38 am

"FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-" My reaction when I first heard this song.

Written By: Henk on 03/18/11 at 6:14 am

Yesterday was Thursday!
Tomorrow is Saturday and then afterwards comes Sunday!  ::) :P

Fixt! ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 6:42 am

Holy Jesus that song is absolutely dreadful! She sounds like a robot,That right there is not music. :P

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 6:44 am

Yesterday was Thursday!

;D That song sounds ike it could've came from Sesame Street.

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/18/11 at 11:39 am

The song is not good but I do feel bad for her.

Ark Music Factory is an LA record label that allowed young singers to gain experience in the industry by recording a track for a small fee, Rebecca paid $2,000 and could choose from two songs.

Ark Music posted the video on YouTube. They offered to take the video down from YouTube, but Black said no and that she did not wish "to give the haters the satisfaction that they got me so bad I gave up."

Apparently ARK has a few videos up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DcvB4CCbqmE#at=43

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oVnBGRIZSQ&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioOEBdIgQ5g&feature=player_embedded

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/18/11 at 12:04 pm

We need t-shirts...

'Forget Bieber Fever, I have the Black Plague!'

Written By: snozberries on 03/18/11 at 12:21 pm

Fixt! ;)

Ha ha you know the lyrics  :P

Written By: snozberries on 03/18/11 at 12:26 pm

Yeah Carol my friend Greg works at sony. He knows people from Ark. As I understand it it cost x amount of $ to record the song....the video is extra.

Funny thing is we were at the Glee panel at PaleyFest and it was mentioned that several of the original songs charted he was annoyed that Friday also charted.  The funny part is half the cast were excited at the mention of Friday and the other half were just shaking their heads. 

Written By: lorac61469 on 03/18/11 at 1:01 pm

Yeah Carol my friend Greg works at sony. He knows people from Ark. As I understand it it cost x amount of $ to record the song....the video is extra.

Funny thing is we were at the Glee panel at PaleyFest and it was mentioned that several of the original songs charted he was annoyed that Friday also charted.  The funny part is half the cast were excited at the mention of Friday and the other half were just shaking their heads.   

I think the guys at ARk are trying anything to find the NEXT BIG THING.  I did notice as I was looking at the other videos that the same two guys (I'm guessing it's Patrice Wilson and Clarence Jey) are in every video they make, some maybe they're the ones trying to get famous.  :-\\

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/11 at 1:47 pm

I think the guys at ARk are trying anything to find the NEXT BIG THING.  I did notice as I was looking at the other videos that the same two guys (I'm guessing it's Patrice Wilson and Clarence Jey) are in every video they make, some maybe they're the ones trying to get famous.  :-\\

At least we know 'Friday' isn't the next big thing. I hope they're trying to be innovative; I love it when people are innovative!  :)

Written By: snozberries on 03/18/11 at 3:28 pm

naw they're really just trying to make as much money as they can... perhaps gain a little notoriety by appearing in the vids but mostly it's just about money.

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/18/11 at 3:58 pm

That looks like the kind of song that would appeal to Disney Channel-watching teenyboppers, but no other demographic would (hopefully) have anything to do with it...

...right?  :-\\

Written By: Starde on 03/18/11 at 6:14 pm

I am so ****ing sick of this song! 8-P I swear, all week people have been mentioning this song. Annoying as hell! >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 7:35 pm

I am so ****ing sick of this song! 8-P I swear, all week people have been mentioning this song. Annoying as hell! >:(

Right Now I want to take a big dump on this video!  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/11 at 7:53 pm

Right Now I want to take a big dump on this video!  :P

Don't do that, the song stinks enough already.  :-\\

Written By: Howard on 03/18/11 at 7:56 pm

Don't do that, the song stinks enough already.  :-\\

and this is what kids think music is today? Wow they sure don't know music if it hit them in the face.  ::)

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/11 at 7:58 pm

and this is what kids think music is today? Wow they sure don't know music if it hit them in the face.  ::)

Well, the thing is, it's only on the Billboard 100 because people want to laugh at it, not because people like it. Actually, if I was the girl in the musicvideo I would feel embarrassed a few years down the line when I look back at myself.

Written By: Mat1991 on 03/18/11 at 8:00 pm

Okay, it turns out that Rebecca Black can actually sing way better than the way she sang in Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvqlcI074qQ

Taking this into consideration, I think she should ditch autotune and stick with her natural voice. Maybe she'd find much better success that way.

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/11 at 8:01 pm

Okay, it turns out that Rebecca Black can actually sing way better than the way she sung in Friday.

Taking this into consideration, I think she should ditch autotune and stick with her natural voice. Maybe she'd find much better success that way.

I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this, but I'm pretty sure whoever helped her with the song and music video made the song terrible on purpose so that people would pay attention to it more....... and it worked!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/18/11 at 10:36 pm

Who's her vocal coach, Stephen Hawking?
:P

Written By: 80sfan on 03/18/11 at 10:50 pm

Ouch!  8-P

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/19/11 at 12:18 am

Ark Music Factory is an LA record label that allowed young singers to gain experience in the industry by recording a track for a small fee, Rebecca paid $2,000 and could choose from two songs.

Y'know, that ain't bad.  She's just an ordinary girl at war with the everyday world, and she probably made $2000 worth of notoriety/fame from that, and there's gotta be some people who enjoyed it.  Look at all of us - it's so bad we're all talking about it.  And if it kills the music industry?  Well, not a single f*bleep*k shall be given that day.

But this thread needs more cute chicks singing about days of the week, and after that abuse of autotune...

qN3asMVbEPc

...I hate Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, everyday, always.  (at 2:00 in the video, but the video stands on its own.)

(Like the track, but prefer your cute-chicks-with-guns to be in 3D instead of anime, and with a few less zombies being splattered into bigs?  The internet is large, it contains multitudes.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/11 at 1:13 am

The music industry survived this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLEJ_WC2yQk

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/19/11 at 2:24 am

The music industry survived this:

And doesn't anyone who even remembers who Amy "I'm singing about Jesus, not my boyfriend" Grant was... (Seriously.  Didn't she realize that just made it even more eew? :), don't you feel sorry about that?  Shouldn't the music industry have been burned to the ground right about then?  I'm saying "Yes".

Written By: Howard on 03/19/11 at 6:27 am

Well, the thing is, it's only on the Billboard 100 because people want to laugh at it, not because people like it. Actually, if I was the girl in the musicvideo I would feel embarrassed a few years down the line when I look back at myself.

She sounds like a robot.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/11 at 6:29 am

Okay, it turns out that Rebecca Black can actually sing way better than the way she sang in Friday.

or sing The National Anthem by autotune,right there she'd get more boos than cheers. :D

Written By: Howard on 03/19/11 at 6:30 am

Maybe?  ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/11 at 9:19 am

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/smileys/spittake.gif

Karma +1

Written By: Dagwood on 03/19/11 at 9:27 am

Yesterday was Thursday!

;D

Well, that was 3 minutes and 47 seconds of my life I will never get back.

Written By: snozberries on 03/19/11 at 10:09 am

;D

;D

Over 10 mins for me.
I heard the song twice and then I watched a chick on YouTube bitch about the song for another 3 mins.

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/19/11 at 10:22 am

And doesn't anyone who even remembers who Amy "I'm singing about Jesus, not my boyfriend" Grant was... (Seriously.  Didn't she realize that just made it even more eew? :), don't you feel sorry about that?  Shouldn't the music industry have been burned to the ground right about then?  I'm saying "Yes".

Great, now I'm thinking about that "South Park" episode called "Christian Rock Hard" where Cartman makes this Christian Rock Band called "Faith + 1".

Cartman-Now all we need to do to make Christian Songs is change the lyrics around and add "Jesus" to them. Like the words 'baby' and 'darling', and just put the word "Jesus" in them.

Record Guy-We just have one question, though...we were looking through some of your lyrics and they say "I want to walk hand-in-hand with Jesus on a Private Beach for two. I want him to nibble on my ear and say 'I'm here for you'". It seems you REALLY love Christ...it appears that you are in LOVE with Christ.

I wonder if Amy Grant would make more records if she did that? And is she in it for the Benjamins as well?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 03/19/11 at 10:47 am

Amy's a multiplatinum artist.  Jesus sells, what can I say?
???

Parker and Stone nailed Christian pop here.  I mean, that's what the stuff sounds like!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81ibVbxkjnA

Written By: Howard on 03/19/11 at 7:19 pm

;D

You'll get it back,somehow. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/19/11 at 7:21 pm

I wonder if she's available for birthday parties and such? ;D

Written By: Henk on 03/21/11 at 1:28 am

Apparently, Simon Cowell would like to meet the 13-year old.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/21/11 at 6:36 am

"friday" is better than the kim kardashian single thingy god its the worst song i've heard......

thx god for indie's :p

nahh i think this is a gen z thing

Written By: Howard on 03/21/11 at 6:37 am

Apparently, Simon Cowell would like to meet the 13-year old.

I can hear Simon now.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/21/11 at 6:38 am

"friday" is better than the kim kardashian single thingy god its the worst song i've heard......

they're both the worst songs I've heard.  :P

Written By: Dagwood on 03/21/11 at 6:54 am

;D

Over 10 mins for me.
I heard the song twice and then I watched a chick on YouTube bitch about the song for another 3 mins.

Ouch...sorry. :D

Written By: Howard on 03/21/11 at 7:02 am

Anybody can sing about their day in autotune. ;D

Written By: Shiv on 03/21/11 at 9:47 am

I've been listening to a lot of indie rock lately and although its getting there, I really wish it was the mainstream sound/culture.

Autotune is just getting annoying and predictable. What was once a fun novelty is now all over every other song.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/11 at 12:54 pm

I've been listening to a lot of indie rock lately and although its getting there, I really wish it was the mainstream sound/culture.

Autotune is just getting annoying and predictable. What was once a fun novelty is now all over every other song.

Music was an art form back in the days with guitars,horns,trumpets,pianos and synthesizers now they just killed with auto-tune.

Written By: snozberries on 03/21/11 at 1:01 pm

Music was an art form back in the days with guitars,horns,trumpets,pianos and synthesizers now they just killed with auto-tune.

synthesizers were just auto-tune for pianos  :P  :D

Written By: Howard on 03/21/11 at 1:06 pm

synthesizers were just auto-tune for pianos   :P  :D

and they played it well back then.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/22/11 at 6:44 am

how long ago was this??

Written By: Howard on 03/22/11 at 6:54 am

how long ago was this??

25-30 years ago.

Written By: Howard on 03/22/11 at 6:55 am

Just last night Rebecca Black's video had over 200,000 dislikes on Youtube compared to 25,000 likes. YOW!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 03/22/11 at 11:47 am

how long ago was this??

In the 80s

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/22/11 at 2:40 pm

Hell yeah...One Synth Genius was Keith Emerson, who made a Traditional English Song being played on synthesizers!

6dismZw6I2k

Another one was Rick Wakeman of Yes who covered a Brahms Song!

x0UqOqmPtAY

Now you can tell I love Prog Rock, even pop musicians like Elton John has a song using synths....

iRw2EROYGNM

Okay...maybe the only true synths on the song are electric piano, mellotron, and farfisa organ...if you can call those stynths, but in the States we had Todd Rundgren....

hbsW-vooxdU

And even Stevie Wonder dabbled into synthesizers, like this song I like....

NA6OCGLCUec

Written By: Henk on 03/22/11 at 4:52 pm

Just last night Rebecca Black's video had over 200,000 dislikes on Youtube compared to 25,000 likes. YOW!  :o

Over 200,000 dislikes...? With nearly 30,000,000 views...that's not even 1%! ::) :P

Written By: Howard on 03/22/11 at 7:35 pm

Over 200,000 dislikes...? With nearly 30,000,000 views...that's not even 1%! ::) :P

I couldn't believe it,the comment section blew up! :o

Written By: Howard on 03/22/11 at 7:36 pm

Hell yeah...One Synth Genius was Keith Emerson, who made a Traditional English Song being played on synthesizers!

6dismZw6I2k

Another one was Rick Wakeman of Yes who covered a Brahms Song!

x0UqOqmPtAY

Now you can tell I love Prog Rock, even pop musicians like Elton John has a song using synths....

iRw2EROYGNM

Okay...maybe the only true synths on the song are electric piano, mellotron, and farfisa organ...if you can call those stynths, but in the States we had Todd Rundgren....

hbsW-vooxdU

And even Stevie Wonder dabbled into synthesizers, like this song I like....

NA6OCGLCUec

Thanks Cleveland,Karma.  :)

Written By: Fairee07 on 03/22/11 at 7:54 pm

Hate to be mean but Rebecca Black is one of the worst singers ever!!! I can sing better than that...and that's not saying much (lol). I hope to never hear that song again  :P

Written By: Howard on 03/22/11 at 8:07 pm

Hate to be mean but Rebecca Black is one of the worst singers ever!!! I can sing better than that...and that's not saying much (lol). I hope to never hear that song again  :P

Just try not to get it stuck in your head. ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/24/11 at 11:19 pm

(Mods, now that Rebecca Black has gone viral, it really oughta be moved to Front Page Roar.)

OK, so we didn't know about Rebecca Black on Tuesday, but we were within a few days of it.

And then the Internet found out about it.

9xyn7vDZAr4

And the rest was history.  It's a freaking earworm.  I was going to come here last night and talk about it, but I spent the entire freaking evening finding parodies and commentary.  Especially since today is Thursday, and tomorrow is...

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2011/3/16/13/rebecca-black-inspires-vandalism-6729-1300296056-10.jpg

The more I listen to it, the more I hate it, and the more I hate it, the more I can't stop listening to it.  It's like the Surfin' Bird episode of Family Guy, if anyone wants to do the needful with the Youtube.

Written By: Howard on 03/25/11 at 6:28 am

(Mods, now that Rebecca Black has gone viral, it really oughta be moved to Front Page Roar.)

OK, so we didn't know about Rebecca Black on Tuesday, but we were within a few days of it.

And then the Internet found out about it.

9xyn7vDZAr4

And the rest was history.  It's a freaking earworm.  I was going to come here last night and talk about it, but I spent the entire freaking evening finding parodies and commentary.  Especially since today is Thursday, and tomorrow is...

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/terminal01/2011/3/16/13/rebecca-black-inspires-vandalism-6729-1300296056-10.jpg

The more I listen to it, the more I hate it, and the more I hate it, the more I can't stop listening to it.  It's like the Surfin' Bird episode of Family Guy, if anyone wants to do the needful with the Youtube.

HA HA HA HA HA!  ;D

Written By: Creeder on 03/26/11 at 5:13 pm

Actually its catchy.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/11 at 7:22 pm

That song needs to be on Sesame Street sung with Elmo. :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/26/11 at 8:13 pm

Which seat should he take? 

That song needs to be on Sesame Street sung with Elmo. :P

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/hvigilla/ChrisHansen.jpg

How 'bout that seat over there?

And now for something a little more family-friendly:

1GaKaGwch0U

A bad lip-reading of the song, and some gangsta rap.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/26/11 at 9:44 pm

I wonder if autotune queen Ke$ha would consider a duet with Becky Black? ???

Written By: Howard on 03/27/11 at 6:32 am

Which seat should he take? 

http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/hvigilla/ChrisHansen.jpg

How 'bout that seat over there?

And now for something a little more family-friendly:

1GaKaGwch0U

A bad lip-reading of the song, and some gangsta rap.

HA HA HA! I couldn't stop laughing!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/27/11 at 6:33 am

I wonder if autotune queen Ke$ha would consider a duet with Becky Black? ???

anybody can autotune with Rebecca Black.

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/27/11 at 9:57 pm

_tRm1CwtJuQ

Anyone for fried eggs?

Written By: Howard on 03/28/11 at 6:53 am

_tRm1CwtJuQ

Anyone for fried eggs?

HA!  ;D

You have any other parodies Foo?  ???

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 03/28/11 at 5:43 pm

This song is rated

http://www.ourdesigns.com/sites/odi/images/fullsize/REX00LB2T.jpg

for TURD. :P

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/28/11 at 8:58 pm

Definitely not something I'd wanna listen to again.... although I like to make fun of the "everybody's Russian" line.

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/11 at 9:51 pm

Definitely not something I'd wanna listen to again.... although I like to make fun of the "everybody's Russian" line.

was it Everybody's Russian or Everybody's rushin'  I'm not listening to it to find out  :P

Written By: 80sfan on 03/28/11 at 9:59 pm

Wasn't there a song in the 80s called "I hate Mondays"?

I think I'll make one call "I hate Rebecca Black".  ::)

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/11 at 10:18 pm

I don't like Mondays... Boomtown Rats...  it's a great song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgqYu05lIo&feature=related

Written By: 80sfan on 03/28/11 at 10:22 pm

I don't like Mondays... Boomtown Rats...  it's a great song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvgqYu05lIo&feature=related

I heard it's loosely based on a woman who went crazy, went on a rampage, and shot some people!  :o

Written By: snozberries on 03/28/11 at 10:30 pm

I heard it's loosely based on a woman who went crazy, went on a rampage, and shot some people!  :o

well that's tragic but the song is still beautiful...

here's an article on the incident....  http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/01/29/grover-cleveland-elementary-school-shootings-12979/

Written By: 80sfan on 03/28/11 at 10:48 pm

well that's tragic but the song is still beautiful...

here's an article on the incident....  http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/01/29/grover-cleveland-elementary-school-shootings-12979/

Ahh, yes, I was right. Sad story though.

Written By: Howard on 03/29/11 at 6:40 am

This song is rated

http://www.ourdesigns.com/sites/odi/images/fullsize/REX00LB2T.jpg

for TURD. :P

That's a good one Al.  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/29/11 at 6:42 am

There are plenty of songs sung about the days of the week from the 70's and 80's.

Written By: youngerderek on 03/29/11 at 10:01 am

luckily most people realize how awful the song is at least.......

Written By: MrCleveland on 03/29/11 at 12:52 pm

There are plenty of songs sung about the days of the week from the 70's and 80's.

Here's one about Mondays from the 70's....

ZlZ6b4xDSkA

And now here's one about Fridays from the 80's....

KvzlEfBYKVw

Yep...hence her quote. And here's someone else who doesn't like Mondays because they like to fudge with him....

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/RogueTink1701-X/GARFIELD-MONDAYS.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 03/29/11 at 1:59 pm

Yeah, for some reason by the 90s those kind of songs went out of style.  ???

Written By: 80sfan on 03/29/11 at 2:00 pm

luckily most people realize how awful the song is at least.......

I prayed to God and thanked him when I realized how man people hate the song!  ;D ;D

Written By: 80sfan on 03/29/11 at 2:01 pm

ZlZ6b4xDSkA

KvzlEfBYKVw

Yep...hence her quote. And here's someone else who doesn't like Mondays because they like to fudge with him....

Garfield!

Written By: Howard on 03/29/11 at 7:33 pm

ZlZ6b4xDSkA

KvzlEfBYKVw

such beautiful music back then. :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 03/29/11 at 9:55 pm

ZdImCsfacfE

And now, life in college!

Written By: 80sfan on 03/29/11 at 10:25 pm

ZdImCsfacfE

;D

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/30/11 at 5:17 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L01sYY_3pDI

this song make rebecca black sound good :p 4 real!!!

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/30/11 at 6:13 am

UGH  8-P

Written By: Howard on 03/30/11 at 6:30 am

ZdImCsfacfE

OH GOD!!! GAG!  :P

Written By: Howard on 03/30/11 at 6:32 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L01sYY_3pDI

this song make rebecca black sound good :p 4 real!!!

Does she really think she's a singer?  ::) Why doesn't she just go back to reality shows or posing nude or whatever Kim does.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 03/31/11 at 3:43 am

i know :p well it makes rebecca black's song sound better

Written By: Howard on 03/31/11 at 6:46 am

i know :p well it makes rebecca black's song sound better

Any song sounds better than Rebecca Black.

Written By: LyricBoy on 03/31/11 at 8:36 pm

Why doesn't she just go back to reality shows or posing nude or whatever Kim does.

Kim poses nude.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/11 at 6:49 am

Kim poses nude.

and I've seen the photos already.

Written By: Howard on 04/01/11 at 6:49 am

What other song could kill the music industry?  ???

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/01/11 at 5:29 pm

and I've seen the photos already.

They were not all that great, either.  ::)

Written By: Howard on 04/01/11 at 7:28 pm

They were not all that great, either.  ::)

probably photoshopped.  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/01/11 at 8:58 pm

Does she really think she's a singer?  ::) Why doesn't she just go back to reality shows or posing nude or whatever Kim does.

Dude, we already told you which seat you should take!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092010/1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

(In case you missed it the first time, she's 13, you sick bastard :)

But for a girl of 13, Rebecca Black is having as much fun with it as the rest of the 'net, and to that end, anyone who was on Funny Or Die today got a real treat for April Fool's.  They was so excited, they had fun  fun  fun all day.  Someone needs to do a 'Becca mashup with Kanye.  Or Vanilla Ice.

http://i.imgur.com/2Gbs1.jpg

And as for Miley?

c5G5gqL6ESg

I just checked.  Miley Cyrus was born in 1992.  That makes her 19.  And for a girl of 19, it's more than sad, it's obscene.  We know you know, even Becky knows you're just a little bitONE TWO!

Written By: Starde on 04/01/11 at 9:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqz0mMtQX_c

Written By: Howard on 04/02/11 at 6:27 am

Dude, we already told you which seat you should take!

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092010/1284123330_chris-hansen-gif.gif

But for a girl of 13, Rebecca Black is having as much fun with it as the rest of the 'net, and to that end, anyone who was on Funny Or Die today got a real treat for April Fool's.  They was so excited, they had fun  fun  fun all day.  Someone needs to do a 'Becca mashup with Kanye.  Or Vanilla Ice.

http://i.imgur.com/2Gbs1.jpg

And as for Miley?

c5G5gqL6ESg

I just checked.  Miley Cyrus was born in 1992.  That makes her 19.  And for a girl of 19, it's more than sad, it's obscene.  We know you know, even Becky knows you're just a little bitONE TWO!

I meant Kim Kardashian not Rebecca Black. ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/03/11 at 11:51 pm

It's no use, he sees her
He starts to shake and cough
Just like the old man in
That book by Nabokov

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: youngerderek on 04/05/11 at 3:34 am

let's hope Becky isn't a pioneer for a new low in music.

Written By: Henk on 04/05/11 at 5:30 am

Trust me: we've been lower already. ;)  Some of the songs that charted in the 1980's and 1990's in the Netherlands... ::)

(I can't post them here for two reasons: 1. they're in Dutch so you wouldn't understand, 2. they're rather...obscene)

Written By: Howard on 04/05/11 at 6:38 am

There have been people lower than her.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/08/11 at 12:06 am

Yesterday was Thursday.  Today, it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLAMhTorPCk

Ebutuoy at sdnuoh thgirypoc esoht ot eud sdrawkcab s'ti, that's what it is.  But it is also about three or four days since Colbert, Kimmel, and the Knicks City Dancers did it, raised $26000, and it hasn't made it here yet?  

We're supposed to be keeping up with things around here, and we're slipping.  Standards, people.  Shockingly low standards, yes.  But standards nonetheless!

Written By: Howard on 04/08/11 at 6:40 am

Yesterday was Thursday.  Today, it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLAMhTorPCk

Ebutuoy at sdnuoh thgirypoc esoht ot eud sdrawkcab s'ti, that's what it is.  But it is also about three or four days since Colbert, Kimmel, and the Knicks City Dancers did it, raised $26000, and it hasn't made it here yet?  

We're supposed to be keeping up with things around here, and we're slipping.  Standards, people.  Shockingly low standards, yes.  But standards nonetheless!

Steven Colbert sang this version much better than Rebecca Black,he deserves a thumbs up. :)

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/09/11 at 6:36 pm

Haters Gonna Hate.  

(Warning: A couple of naughty words in the commentary, but this is epic win, so I'm gonna stomp on the landmine and post it anyways.)

AHXcNc2E6nE

"Dear imbeciles, thanks to your hard work, Rebecca Black (whom you dismissed as a hopeless wannabe) is now a bona fide megastar.  Look, here she is on a brilliant edition of The Tonight Show, which you'll never be..."

Written By: Howard on 04/09/11 at 7:38 pm

Haters Gonna Hate.  

(Warning: A couple of naughty words in the commentary, but this is epic win, so I'm gonna stomp on the landmine and post it anyways.)

AHXcNc2E6nE

"Dear imbeciles, thanks to your hard work, Rebecca Black (whom you dismissed as a hopeless wannabe) is now a bona fide megastar.  Look, here she is on a brilliant edition of The Tonight Show, which you'll never be..."

I agree with him.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/11 at 8:08 pm

It's Friday morning...gotta have my bowl!
8)

Other thoughts dragged into my filthy old mind:

"We we we so excited" or is it
"Oui! oui! oui! So excited!"

(Oh me so...Luther Campbell)

You're gonna have a ball today...are you going to have the other ball on Saturday?

(Just a joke, Chris Hanson!)

;)

Written By: Howard on 04/09/11 at 8:11 pm

8)

Are ya gonna get down on Friday? ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/09/11 at 8:24 pm

Sorry, Prop 19 didn't pass in Californistan.  Gotta wait for the next elections!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/11 at 8:30 pm

I hear some similarities.  Betcha Andy and Vince would approve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy7nMlp18ZU

I've watched that Rebbecca Black video five times, I dunno if it's healthy...

http://www.gonemovies.com/www/Raketnet/Drama/AmericanLesterLove_sm.jpg

(First one to get the reference gets a Karma!)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/09/11 at 8:34 pm

Sorry, Prop 19 didn't pass in Californistan.  Gotta wait for the next elections!

I'm more worried about the big pimp daddy guy cruising around looking for school buses!

http://www.familyguy.it/img/personaggio_herbert.jpg

Misheard lyrics:

"7:45, we're drivin' on the highway"

as

"7:45 a German on the highway"

Reminded me of:

"Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn"

-- Kraftwerk, 1974

Phonetically similar to:

"Fun, fun, think about fun...Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend"

A Ralf und Florian remix could work!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/idea1.gif

Written By: Howard on 04/10/11 at 6:53 am

I hear some similarities.  Betcha Andy and Vince would approve...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy7nMlp18ZU

I've watched that Rebbecca Black video five times, I dunno if it's healthy...

http://www.gonemovies.com/www/Raketnet/Drama/AmericanLesterLove_sm.jpg

(First one to get the reference gets a Karma!)

Is it supposed to be a gay reference? ???

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/10/11 at 5:27 pm

Is it supposed to be a gay reference? ???

Hint: It's to do with the photo of Kevin Spacey.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/11/11 at 9:28 pm

"Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn"

-- Kraftwerk, 1974

Phonetically similar to:

"Fun, fun, think about fun...Fun, fun, fun, fun
Lookin’ forward to the weekend"

A Ralf und Florian remix could work!

You. Hell. Go.

No, wait. You go to the special hell.

5AcYsHkV6n4

- Friday in Hell, Cynical Mass (edit: FIXT!)

Speaking of which, now I have to find the thread in The Special Hell, in which someone synced the video up with Vanilla Ice.  It was sorta like what happens when you play Dark Side of the Moon as the audio on top of the video from Wizard of Oz.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/15/11 at 10:33 pm

^ Hey Foobie, they took your video down!

You see what happens, Lebowski?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjmapdBbOYI

Anyway, I can't believe nobody picked up on Kevin Spacey -- Lester Burnham from "American Beauty."

It's been spoofed on "Family Guy" and everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9WMh18YF2o
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfiade.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/16/11 at 10:22 pm

^ Hey Foobie, they took your video down!

You see what happens, Lebowski?

Thanks, I linked to someone else who put it right back.  Or to the original.  How would I know which was the original?  

Anyways, it's fixt now.  And that's what happens when you try to find a server in the Cloud.

Anyway, I can't believe nobody picked up on Kevin Spacey -- Lester Burnham from "American Beauty."

It's been spoofed on "Family Guy" and everything!

QsPrE4NCnA4

That's because we were all watching Wil Wheaton, aka Ensign Crusher from ST:TNG.

Written By: Howard on 04/17/11 at 6:44 am

Thanks, I linked to someone else who put it right back.  Or to the original.  How would I know which was the original?  

Anyways, it's fixt now.  And that's what happens when you try to find a server in the Cloud.

QsPrE4NCnA4

That's because we were all watching Wil Wheaton, aka Ensign Crusher from ST:TNG.

;D

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/18/11 at 12:15 am

Wikipedia says Black was born on 6/21/97.  I was long out of college and on my excruciating inexorably slow drop to the bottom of humanity.  Still going, wonder how much farther!
:o

Written By: Howard on 04/18/11 at 6:25 am

Wikipedia says Black was born on 6/21/97.  I was long out of college and on my excruciation inexorably slow drop to the bottom of humanity.  Still going, wonder how much farther!

How is she gonna celebrate her 14th birthday?  ??? By singing "Birthday"?  ::)

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/18/11 at 8:27 pm

Wikipedia says Black was born on 6/21/97.  I was long out of college and on my excruciation inexorably slow drop to the bottom of humanity.  Still going, wonder how much farther!

That's what makes it all the more awesome.  She's taken it in stride far better than most of the Internet.  If, as a side effect of this, the music industry implodes, everybody wins.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/18/11 at 9:08 pm

That's what makes it all the more awesome.  She's taken it in stride far better than most of the Internet.  If, as a side effect of this, the music industry implodes, everybody wins.

It'll be Rebecca Black: The Music Industry Slayer. ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/18/11 at 9:33 pm

It'll be Rebecca Black: The Music Industry Slayer. ;D

http://i.imgur.com/Fx0aa.jpg

Oh, great.  The act is gonna be a duet.

Written By: Howard on 04/19/11 at 6:43 am

http://i.imgur.com/Fx0aa.jpg

Oh, great.  The act is gonna be a duet.

nice shirt.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/21/11 at 10:03 pm

Man, I'm just full of glee with anticipation as to where this is going.

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/rebecca-black-billboard.jpg

That's not Photoshop.  It's a real billboard

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/21/11 at 11:18 pm

I scry...

A Burger King commercial and a role in Police Academy 8: Mission Jersey Shore

8)

Oh, anybody got a copy of Friday (Rosa Parks Remix)?

Written By: Howard on 04/22/11 at 6:56 am

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecache/node-blog/blogs/rebecca-black-billboard.jpg

Well,It Is Friday Let's celebrate.

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/22/11 at 9:31 pm

Oh, anybody got a copy of Friday (Rosa Parks Remix)? :P

3KLqGtdwXTw

Funny you should ask...

Written By: Howard on 04/23/11 at 6:27 am

http://images2.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6619813/Mental-Rebecca-is-mental-because-she-made-the-wrong-choice-singing.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Rebecca-Black-Meme

Written By: LyricBoy on 04/23/11 at 12:31 pm

Awesome stuff...  8)

Written By: Howard on 04/23/11 at 7:23 pm

What other song killed the music industry? ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/25/11 at 10:54 pm

Awesome stuff...   8)

But wait, there's moar!  From Paley Fest (HEY, SNOZZBERRIES!  This is really from Paleyfest 2011!) on or about March 16th, 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUIb8j3KUY

"...girl in Beverly Hills who had a lot of money from her parents, who recorded a song called - how much she likes Fridays - and I think that... I think that the culture of Youtube... I think kids do that, so we'll do that, I mean, I think that we like to reflect the culture, so... yeah..."

I'm not actually a Glee fan, but everyone on this thread should be watching the show tomorrow night.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/27/11 at 7:26 pm

3KLqGtdwXTw

Funny you should ask...

Hey, there it is! Well, I'll be dipped in dogsh*t!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/icon_thumleft.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 04/28/11 at 10:47 pm

I'm not actually a Glee fan, but everyone on this thread should be watching the show tomorrow night.

Well, crap.  I fail at pop culture. 

OK, sure, there's now a Glee-based video for Duck Sauce's awesome Barbra Striesand, but I was at least one episode too early for prom.  It's not my fault.  I didn't know that half the bloody show consisted of musical numbers.  Although I probably should have expected as such.

To make up for it - especially if anyone sat through 90 freaking minutes of Glee without any payoff beyond a bunch of neurotic kids and their teachers dancing to Lady Gaga while wearing T-shirts with their deepest, darkest secret emblazoned on them?  And since I don't have a T-shirt that says "DOES IT FOR THE LULZ" (yet), at that might fit on a t-shirt as opposed to "spent 10 minutes tonight lgoogle image searching Rule 34 Hitler gay kissing himself"?

fUxXKfQkswE

TL;DR? Holy crap, Weird Al just did electropop in a way that he hasn't done since 1985's Dare to be Stupid.

And more good news: The misunderstanding cited in the video has turned out to be the fault of Lady Gaga's agent, and Lady Gaga is totally cool with it, so this will be the first single on the next album.

You came here for Rebecca Black on Glee, somehow managed to survive the sight of Hitler kissing himself, and ended up with the hit single off the next Weird Al album. 

Serious business, you bet!  This is the Internet,
I haven't gone stir crazy, I just (t)roll this way, yep!
Hope you dont think it's cliche, my posts were rude Thursday,
And by the time you read this, it will be Friday!

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/07/11 at 11:46 pm

You have been warned.

0TAvvG5eeFU

Maybe this week.

Written By: Howard on 05/08/11 at 6:53 am

You have been warned.

0TAvvG5eeFU

Maybe this week.

How much more can I take of this godawful song? ::)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 05/08/11 at 5:12 pm

How much more can I take of this godawful song? ::)

How about airheads commenting on that godawful song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8SGk210KuA

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/08/11 at 7:48 pm

Gotta admit, while I was sitting through Glee wondering if last week was going to be The Week...

sjX5DQPxv6U

...that this was the first thing that popped into my mind too.

Written By: Howard on 05/09/11 at 6:55 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8SGk210KuA

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/nut.gif

I agree with him,She is awful. :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/13/11 at 12:14 am

Hey, what day is this again?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, PLEASE, DON'T!

oKHfQnzvEVs

You were warned.

uWTDwFK7pAg

And it actually happened.  (Edit again: Fark you twice, FOX, for nuking the good version of the video so we'll do it left-to-right this time.)

March, 2010: "This is the worst song in the universe."
May, 2010: "This song is on national network TV."

Congratulations, Rebecca Black.  She didn't do it for the lulz.  She didn't even know she was doing it for the lulz.  But the lulz did it for her.

BEST. PROM. EVAR!

Written By: Howard on 05/13/11 at 6:23 am

Hey, what day is this again?

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME, PLEASE, DON'T!

oKHfQnzvEVs

You were warned.

BovMpvrXFME

And it actually happened.

March, 2010: "This is the worst song in the universe."
May, 2010: "This song is on national network TV."

Congratulations, Rebecca Black.  She didn't do it for the lulz.  She didn't even know she was doing it for the lulz.  But the lulz did it for her.

BEST. PROM. EVAR!

Will Rebecca Black appear on any other episodes?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/15/11 at 11:40 am

http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/2281ade04c13012e126700163e41dd5b

In case you can't read it:  http://www.doonesbury.com/

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 05/15/11 at 12:00 pm

^ ;D

so every year the Assoc. Student Program Board at UCSB puts on a huge outdoor concert... last year the headliner was Drake. This year it's Cee Lo Green.... .I was checking out the FAQ page for the event and came across this:

Why isn't Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Radiohead, Kanye West, or Rebecca Black playing?
We try to book the best artists possible, but unfortunately some of them are either not available or outside our budget.    ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/17/11 at 12:20 am

In case you can't read it:  http://www.doonesbury.com/

Glee I expected, but Doonesbury... not so much.  

The virus spreads, and every day it does, the music industry comes closer to implosion.

so every year the Assoc. Student Program Board at UCSB puts on a huge outdoor concert... last year the headliner was Drake. This year it's Cee Lo Green.... .I was checking out the FAQ page for the event and came across this:

Why isn't Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift, Radiohead, Kanye West, or Rebecca Black playing?
We try to book the best artists possible, but unfortunately some of them are either not available or outside our budget.    ;D

And I'm like that's awesome!  (Wait, how much does Cee-Lo charge?  That really would be awesome...)

Oh, and FOX?  This game of whack-a-mole is getting tiresome.  Even if you pass PROTECT-IP ("I guess the DMCA just wasn't enough..."), can't stop the signal.  Got three more links where my last one came from.  You really want protection?  I say, FProtectuck you and your IP too!

Written By: Henk on 05/17/11 at 5:27 am

We try to book the best artists possible, but unfortunately some of them are either not available or outside our budget.    ;D

So... Rebecca Black is considered one of the best artists possible now, eh? What's that say about the other four mentioned...?  ::)

Written By: Howard on 05/17/11 at 6:34 am

So... Rebecca Black is considered one of the best artists possible now, eh? What's that say about the other four mentioned...?  ::)

Rebecca Black was a nobody before she even came along.

Written By: Henk on 05/17/11 at 11:08 am

Rebecca Black was a nobody before she even came along.

Same goes for... well, just about anybody else. So what's your point?

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/11 at 2:09 pm

;D

I was going to say something similar

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/11 at 2:12 pm

But wait, there's moar!  From Paley Fest (HEY, SNOZZBERRIES!  This is really from Paleyfest 2011!) on or about March 16th, 2011:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcUIb8j3KUY

"...girl in Beverly Hills who had a lot of money from her parents, who recorded a song called - how much she likes Fridays - and I think that... I think that the culture of Youtube... I think kids do that, so we'll do that, I mean, I think that we like to reflect the culture, so... yeah..."

Thanks for posting that. I was in the front row sitting in front of Cory, Chris and Amber.

Written By: snozberries on 05/17/11 at 2:14 pm

;D  I'm hoping they were saying we try to get the best artists and that's why we're not getting R. Black....because she sux.  You know saying it without really saying it. At least that's how I chose to read it.

Written By: Todd Pettingzoo on 05/17/11 at 2:21 pm

To be honest, I think some of Ke$ha's songs as just as bad and annoying. Ke$ha's songs get bashed, but not on this level.

Written By: Howard on 05/17/11 at 7:12 pm

Sorry... just making conversation.  ;)

Written By: Foo Bar on 05/24/11 at 10:01 pm

Three days late, but seeing as how we're all still here...

zc0s358b3Ys

...we're going to have this song in our heads all the way 'til October 21st when we get to do it all over again! :)

Written By: Howard on 05/25/11 at 6:30 am

Three days late, but seeing as how we're all still here...

zc0s358b3Ys

...we're going to have this song in our heads all the way 'til October 21st when we get to do it all over again! :)

Foo,that was so funny,Thanks for the laugh.  ;D

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/01/11 at 9:15 pm

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this video is probably the best use of Friday ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-gwWF7jU1g

Written By: Howard on 06/02/11 at 6:54 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but this video is probably the best use of Friday ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-gwWF7jU1g

Oh God my ears hurt!  :o

Written By: DJ Blaze on 06/11/11 at 8:57 pm

Oh God my ears hurt!  :o

I guess your ears cannot grasp the true form of speed rave.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/11 at 6:33 am

I guess your ears cannot grasp the true form of speed rave.

Nah,not my kind of music.  :P

Written By: Creeder on 06/12/11 at 10:58 am

This song represents the early 2010s music perfectly.
Someday we will listen to it with nostalgia.

Written By: Howard on 06/12/11 at 2:18 pm

you mean Rebecca Black? HELL NO!  :P

Written By: EthanM on 06/14/11 at 4:31 pm

If you truly enjoy ear pain look up jazmin pollinger. She's worse.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/22/11 at 10:13 pm

Hey, that techno mix wasn't bad.  Almost gabber-like in its intensity.  I liked it!

What made Friday go viral wasn't that it was amateurishly bad.  

http://i53.tinypic.com/27zi0xi.jpg

It was that it was amateurishly bad, and yet simultaneously indistinguishable from other top 40 acts.  If it had come out with the backing of a major label, or had appeared on a reality TV show, it would have vanished into the ether as quickly as it came - nobody would have noticed.  But because it came out with the knowledge that it had been done for $2000 at a musical vanity press, we were all supposed to think it was somehow worse than the Britney/Miley/Bieber stuff that's been RIAA's bread and butter.

As horrified as I am to admit it, when Rebecca took down the original video (as part of an ongoing copyright/royalty dispute with ARK Music), I kinda cried a bit, and then thanked the Maker for this.

Moral of the story: If it lives in the Cloud, it can be removed from the Cloud.  If it lives on your backup media, only simultaneous disasters thousands of miles apart can take it away from you.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/13/11 at 12:45 am

Rebecca Black's Friday, now with moar buffalopony.

3IsncCMx4jQ

And now you'll be singing this damn song until you're horse.

Written By: Howard on 07/13/11 at 6:30 am

Rebecca Black's Friday, now with moar buffalopony.

3IsncCMx4jQ

And now you'll be singing this damn song until you're horse.

Please make her stop! :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/15/11 at 11:02 pm

Please make her stop! :P

NO.

And now, a public service announcement about teenage driving:

zzfQwXEqYaI

/my hand is a DOLPHIN!

Written By: Howard on 07/16/11 at 6:51 am

NO.

And now, a public service announcement about teenage driving:

zzfQwXEqYaI

/my hand is a DOLPHIN!

Thanks Foo,that was some funny stuff. I had to give you karma. ;D

Written By: Mat1991 on 07/19/11 at 4:41 pm

Rebecca Black has a new song out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4

I personally don't think it's bad. It's much better than Friday, at least.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 7:27 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OxWD85Ngz4

OMg could she just stop with the autotune,It's hurting my ears! :P

Written By: danootaandme on 07/19/11 at 7:39 pm

Oh please.  If we can survive Freebird and Stairway to Heaven we can survive this.

Written By: Howard on 07/19/11 at 7:51 pm

Oh please.  If we can survive Freebird and Stairway to Heaven we can survive this.

You wanna bet she'll come out with another song?

Written By: danootaandme on 07/19/11 at 8:27 pm

You wanna bet she'll come out with another song?

Those guys did

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/19/11 at 10:01 pm

Rebecca Black, My Moment

Yeah, the autotune's still there, but it's not laid on so thick.  We'll be back to Friday parodies/sequels (and cameo appearances in the very-80s Katy Perry's TGIF single!), but - if for nothing more than having been the Internet's collective punching bag for a few days before it went so viral it was funny - I'm willing to cut her some slack.  Besides, I'd rather she gets the gig than whoever Disney/RIAA had originally picked for the job.

Written By: Howard on 07/20/11 at 7:01 am

Those guys did

I was referring to her.

Written By: Tia on 07/21/11 at 2:04 pm

lol, i KNEW it was gonna be "friday" before i opened this thread!  ;D

i've possibly got a new band going and i bought a vocal effects unit because my singing sucks. i don't plan on using the auto-correct, more the overdrive and chorus/reverb/delay, but i'm thinking of busting out the autocorrect and seeing if the guys'll be interested in covering "friday." (when i say i've possibly got a new band going, i'm mostly thinking about how they might react when i suggest this.)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/21/11 at 3:12 pm

Rebecca Black isn't the first (nor will she be the last) to be totally oblivious to how she sounds. Way back during the Depression, Florence Foster Jenkins thought that she was a gifted singer. You can hear how "gifted" she was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6qntPpyZ0

The funny thing was, she was very popular. It was kind of sad because her popular was because she made people laugh with her horrible singing but she thought she was great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Foster_Jenkins

So, which would be more torturous on the Jukebox from Hell-Rebecca Black or Florence Foster Jenkins?

Cat

Written By: Howard on 07/22/11 at 6:47 am

Rebecca Black isn't the first (nor will she be the last) to be totally oblivious to how she sounds. Way back during the Depression, Florence Foster Jenkins thought that she was a gifted singer. You can hear how "gifted" she was here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM6qntPpyZ0

The funny thing was, she was very popular. It was kind of sad because her popular was because she made people laugh with her horrible singing but she thought she was great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Foster_Jenkins

So, which would be more torturous on the Jukebox from Hell-Rebecca Black or Florence Foster Jenkins?

Cat

Florence Jenkins.

Written By: Anonymous on 07/22/11 at 4:23 pm

Rebecca Black is likely a descendant of Florence Foster.

Written By: Tia on 07/23/11 at 10:49 am

i always thought friday got a bad rap. i mean, it's got a good hook, it's catchy, and what? suddenly we're offended by autotuning now? is kanye or lady gaga really that much more clever with autotuning than rebecca black is?

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 10:55 am

i always thought friday got a bad rap. i mean, it's got a good hook, it's catchy, and what? suddenly we're offended by autotuning now? is kanye or lady gaga really that much more clever with autotuning than rebecca black is?

well I don't like gaga either...  ;D  and auto tune as an addition or enhancement isn't bad but if your whole song is autotuned then you need help.

I watch the Glee Project....during the Dancability week they "sang" Can't Touch This.  They autotuned the crap out of that song to the point I was begging to hear Friday because at least, like you said it had a good hook...

Written By: Tia on 07/23/11 at 11:20 am

well I don't like gaga either...   ;D   and auto tune as an addition or enhancement isn't bad but if your whole song is autotuned then you need help.

I watch the Glee Project....during the Dancability week they "sang" Can't Touch This.  They autotuned the crap out of that song to the point I was begging to hear Friday because at least, like you said it had a good hook...
ironically my autotuner just arrived in the mail today! maybe i'll use it to do an autotuned version of "can't touch this" called "can't sing this."  :D

Written By: snozberries on 07/23/11 at 12:32 pm

ironically my autotuner just arrived in the mail today! maybe i'll use it to do an autotuned version of "can't touch this" called "can't sing this."  :D

Ow that's something id like to hear.

Written By: Howard on 07/23/11 at 7:16 pm

I'd like to hear that one day.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/23/11 at 11:19 pm

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/MeepChick/Memes/challenge-accepted-1.png

Today is not Friday.  Today is Sat-TUR-day.

4Chelwb6Ja4

Written By: Howard on 07/24/11 at 7:04 am

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/MeepChick/Memes/challenge-accepted-1.png

Today is not Friday.  Today is Sat-TUR-day.

4Chelwb6Ja4

not quite as tortuous as Rebecca Black.

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/24/11 at 6:46 pm

Part 2 of 7: Yesterday?  Saturday.  Today it is Sunday.

7cOfsQhfM9c

Now that you're back from church, here's one with NSFW lyrics for the not-so-churchy crowd: Sunday (Rebecca Black Parody)

Couldn't make my mind up, so I linked to both...  It's Sunday, Sunday...

Written By: Howard on 07/25/11 at 6:54 am

Part 2 of 7: Yesterday?  Saturday.  Today it is Sunday.

7cOfsQhfM9c

Now that you're back from church, here's one with NSFW lyrics for the not-so-churchy crowd: Sunday (Rebecca Black Parody)

Couldn't make my mind up, so I linked to both...  It's Sunday, Sunday...

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/25/11 at 10:04 pm

It's Monday, Monday, we're so hungover on Monday...

X6rzatsYr_Q

Fun, fun, fun, fun,
There are seven days in a week.

Written By: Howard on 07/26/11 at 6:31 am

It's Monday, Monday, we're so hungover on Monday...

X6rzatsYr_Q

Fun, fun, fun, fun,

;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/26/11 at 10:12 pm

Fun, fun, fun, fun,

You knew it was coming.  

glD11w7PNkU

Now you can't un-know it.

(I wasn't expecting the owl.)

Written By: Howard on 07/27/11 at 6:34 am

Wow,How many parodies are there?  ;D

Written By: Tia on 07/27/11 at 10:38 am

Wow,How many parodies are there?  ;D
i'm anticipating six?

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/27/11 at 9:12 pm

i'm anticipating six?

Well, I kinda sucked at math, but if we're going for highbrow intellectual content here, how 'bout some Shakespeare?

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our

L_Rl2a-f0hY

have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Black's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets her weekdays upon Youtube,
And then is heard no more.

But just because it's a song sold by an idiot, full of lulz and trolling, signifying nothing, doesn't mean we can escape it until The-Day-Whose-Name-Shall-Not-Be-Spoken, so happy Wednesday to my fellow cubicle-dwellers!

Written By: Howard on 07/28/11 at 6:56 am

Well, I kinda sucked at math, but if we're going for highbrow intellectual content here, how 'bout some Shakespeare?

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time.
And all our

L_Rl2a-f0hY

have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle.
Black's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets her weekdays upon Youtube,
And then is heard no more.

But just because it's a song sold by an idiot, full of lulz and trolling, signifying nothing, doesn't mean we can escape it until The-Day-Whose-Name-Shall-Not-Be-Spoken, so happy Wednesday to my fellow cubicle-dwellers!

Sorry,I was too busy looking at her jiggly boobs.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/28/11 at 10:24 pm

You guys have no idea what I had to slog through to make it to Thursday.  

hAFau7OGS1U

Fortunately, I was saved by the professionals.

Runner-up: I admire the surrealism that made the owl-puncher look sane, but I have a new appreciation for autotune.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 07/29/11 at 4:57 am

What's up with the staying power of these threads.  If you guys could get My Little Pony singing "Friday" you'd cream your shorts!
::) ::) ::)

Written By: Howard on 07/29/11 at 6:30 am

You guys have no idea what I had to slog through to make it to Thursday.  

hAFau7OGS1U

Fortunately, I was saved by the professionals.

Runner-up: I admire the surrealism that made the owl-puncher look sane, but I have a new appreciation for autotune.

I'd rather listen to Conan than Rebecca Black. ;D

Written By: Tia on 07/29/11 at 8:23 am

What's up with the staying power of these threads.  If you guys could get My Little Pony singing "Friday" you'd cream your shorts!
staying power involves NOT creaming your shorts, it turns out.

Written By: Tia on 07/29/11 at 8:24 am

also, it's friday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

Written By: Howard on 07/29/11 at 7:41 pm

also, it's friday!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM

That's Bob Dylan? :o He sounds better than Rebecca.

Written By: snozberries on 07/29/11 at 7:45 pm

That's Bob Dylan? :o He sounds better than Rebecca.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Written By: Howard on 07/29/11 at 7:46 pm

IMPOSSIBLE!

Maybe he did the original. ??? Could Rebecca sue? ???

Written By: Foo Bar on 07/29/11 at 8:47 pm

I'd have posted it this morning, but I went back to sleep.

D9zdvHgendU

What's up with the staying power of these threads.  If you guys could get My Little Pony singing "Friday" you'd cream your shorts!

Pay attention, we did that two weeks ago in the other thread.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lotdz9ICMw1qafrh6.gif

I mean, posting Rebecca Black's Friday as performed by the cast of My Little Pony, not that other thing.  But since you asked nicely, and just so we're clear, and because it is, after all, Friday...

3IsncCMx4jQ

Happy Friday, and get your mind out of the gutter.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/02/11 at 9:03 pm

Ten years before Rebecca Black, there was Daphne and Celeste.

_98h4HQUaWo

They even understood how things went viral.  The only difference was that the Internet just didn't have streaming video back then.

Written By: Step-chan on 08/03/11 at 12:36 am

The end of the MLP one(where all them are looking in disbelief) is definetly what look I have on my face after enduring that. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pfohnmacht.gif

Written By: Howard on 08/03/11 at 7:04 am

_98h4HQUaWo

They even understood how things went viral.  The only difference was that the Internet just didn't have streaming video back then.

At least this was a danceable song than Rebecca Black.

Written By: Tia on 08/03/11 at 9:55 am

_98h4HQUaWo

i actually find this song to be vastly superior to "friday," and i'm on the record saying friday isnt' that bad. this tune kinda overstays its welcome but it's got a pretty good groove. plus it's catchy! i'm gonna be humming "yomamma too, and your daddy" all afternoon...

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/04/11 at 10:50 pm

i actually find this song to be vastly superior to "friday," and i'm on the record saying friday isnt' that bad. this tune kinda overstays its welcome but it's got a pretty good groove. plus it's catchy! i'm gonna be humming "yomamma too, and your daddy" all afternoon...

I forget where it is, but we had a frighteningly deep thread on Daphne and Celeste.  There was only one album.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

Written By: Howard on 08/05/11 at 6:44 am

I forget where it is, but we had a frighteningly deep thread on Daphne and Celeste.  There was only one album.  Be afraid, be very afraid.

and other hits from this duo.

Written By: snozberries on 08/21/11 at 9:06 am

I want this t-shirt

http://www.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/188x178/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/e/gettindownona_thumb.gif

Written By: 80sfan on 08/21/11 at 1:40 pm

I want this t-shirt

http://www.snorgtees.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/small_image/188x178/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/g/e/gettindownona_thumb.gif

;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/21/11 at 6:57 pm

I read somewhere that 'Friday' was a spoof of the music industry but I'm getting the feeling this is a genuine attempt by Rebecca Black to grab the spotlight. I don't blame her for going for it but I think she ought to sack the hopeless lyricist and the auto-tune bloke.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/21/11 at 7:42 pm

I read somewhere that 'Friday' was a spoof of the music industry but I'm getting the feeling this is a genuine attempt by Rebecca Black to grab the spotlight. I don't blame her for going for it but I think she ought to sack the hopeless lyricist and the auto-tune bloke.

I'll make a part II to the song..... Saturday.

Written By: Bobby on 08/21/11 at 7:51 pm

I'll make a part II to the song..... Saturday.

You can't do a worse job of it, 80sfan (I love the 80s too  8)).

"Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end"

If nothing else, this song helps me to work out the days of the week, lol.

Written By: 80sfan on 08/21/11 at 7:56 pm

We-we-we so excited
We so excited

Tomorrow is Saturday

It's a great song for Kindergarteners to learn their days of the week.  :-X

Written By: Howard on 08/22/11 at 6:48 am

We-we-we so excited
We so excited

Tomorrow is Saturday

That song should be a part of Sesame Street. Maybe Grover or Big Bird would sing it.  ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/22/11 at 5:43 pm

That song should be a part of Sesame Street. Maybe Grover or Big Bird would sing it.  ;D

Ha ha. If it was part of Sesame Street, Howard, I would likely be more interested in it.

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/22/11 at 10:53 pm

We-we-we so excited
We so excited

Tomorrow is Saturday

For every thread, there exists one xkcd.

This one was based on a data dump of google results for phrases like "company meeting on (day)", or "broke up on (day)", and plotted in polar coordinates.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/days_of_the_week.png

...and if you hover over the original, you get the easter egg: "Not pictured: the elongated Halley's-Comet-like orbit of every Rebecca Black lyric."

Written By: Howard on 08/23/11 at 6:34 am

Ha ha. If it was part of Sesame Street, Howard, I would likely be more interested in it.

I can see one of the muppets singing it,now that would be hilarious. ;D

Written By: Bobby on 08/23/11 at 7:35 pm

For every thread, there exists one xkcd.

This one was based on a data dump of google results for phrases like "company meeting on (day)", or "broke up on (day)", and plotted in polar coordinates.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/days_of_the_week.png

...and if you hover over the original, you get the easter egg: "Not pictured: the elongated Halley's-Comet-like orbit of every Rebecca Black lyric."

I'm not ashamed to admit it Foo Bar but that's either too technical for me or I'm mentally exhausted after looking at spreadsheets at work today, lol.

One thing I can contribute is the fact that I like easter eggs.  ;D

Written By: Foo Bar on 08/26/11 at 10:45 pm

I'm not ashamed to admit it Foo Bar but that's either too technical for me or I'm mentally exhausted after looking at spreadsheets at work today, lol.

Take a closer look.  It's actually a really good visualization of the data.  In one graphic, you can see that:

- (for obvious reasons) most homework and/or college assignments are due on Mondays or Fridays (with a few on Wednesday).
- (due to employees taking 3-day weekends), company meetings are most often found on Tuesdays
- Wednesday is the slowest night of the drinking week, and is therefore ladies night.  
- Thursday sucked :)
- Most breakups occur on Friday, followed by Sunday.
- People are most likely to get "so drunk" on Friday and Saturday - with an interesting blip on Wednesday, coinciding with Leadies' night.
- Whatever "church" is, it's on Sunday.

And now that you know what the lines mean - the further away from the center they are, the more likely the phrase was to appear - you can imagine what Rebecca Black's "Friday" would look like if plotted on the same graph.  One mention for every other day of the week, but hundreds for Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/07/11 at 9:08 pm

Some Minecraft players have way too much time on their hands....

SnUo7w1GmCw

...and yet, I'm oddly grateful.  Well-played, Minecraft Steve and MC Minecraft!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/15/11 at 11:43 pm

It's not Friday, but it still...

ExmNN3jj6WM

...needs moar Dubstep!

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/16/11 at 12:11 am

Take a closer look.  It's actually a really good visualization of the data.  In one graphic, you can see that:

- (for obvious reasons) most homework and/or college assignments are due on Mondays or Fridays (with a few on Wednesday).
- (due to employees taking 3-day weekends), company meetings are most often found on Tuesdays
- Wednesday is the slowest night of the drinking week, and is therefore ladies night.  
- Thursday sucked :)
- Most breakups occur on Friday, followed by Sunday.
- People are most likely to get "so drunk" on Friday and Saturday - with an interesting blip on Wednesday, coinciding with Leadies' night.
- Whatever "church" is, it's on Sunday.

And now that you know what the lines mean - the further away from the center they are, the more likely the phrase was to appear - you can imagine what Rebecca Black's "Friday" would look like if plotted on the same graph.  One mention for every other day of the week, but hundreds for Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

Foo Bar, you squander your gifts.  You could really do something for humanity, but oh no, you swim in an arrested adolescent sugared-cereal bowl of retrograde irony.  It's like Albert Einstein crapped out of Relativity in favor of comic books and dirty limericks!
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/coffee.gif

Written By: Howard on 11/16/11 at 6:28 am

It's not Friday, but it still...

ExmNN3jj6WM

...needs moar Dubstep!

at least this one has a beat to it.

Written By: fredrickthe94guy on 11/17/11 at 5:37 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrtv1fQOBZg

le real friday song incase people dont know :p

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/17/11 at 9:04 pm

Foo Bar, you squander your gifts.  You could really do something for humanity, but oh no, you swim in an arrested adolescent sugared-cereal bowl of retrograde irony.

Done...

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/rebecca+black+cereal+guy+friday+friday_b3e73a_1920141.jpg

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/150/f/2011/132/0/9/cheerileeos_by_moongazeponies-d3g64oy.pnghttp://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2KKXwV5yV1nvmFtgHSjjJgS7a14Q-tBKIMajcoq3_my2SHY0-Y9-rlAhttp://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtwDeBb79u_Nay__c9wPROR_NPCGLPpGXlC57ohhGuLxmmuHm4qVSerNTA

It's like Albert Einstein crapped out of Relativity in favor of comic books and dirty limericks! http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/11/coffee.gif

...and done.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uUIPlZobeIU/TQoy5OuPVNI/AAAAAAAAEd8/GsDHZozDujE/s1600/einstein.jpg

Careful what you wish for.  Even though his participation was limited to the writing of one letter, he's on record as having regretted it.  I like how the timeline turned out for his generation, and I'm grateful he wrote it.  

If I'd been better at math as a kid, I'd probably be working in a lab somewhere.  If I'd been greedier as a kid, I'd be running a hedge fund.  If I'd been both in college, I'd be writing HFT algorithms.  I've had the privilege of bumping into both sorts of people in my travels, and while my brain can't hold a candle to either set, even if it could, the timeline really probably is better off this way.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/photos/images/original/000/154/777/39039%20-%20Friendship%20dash%20drawing%20einstein.png

Back to work!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/5163751400_961b35fa89.jpg

(Isn't the timeline already weird enough with coincidences like this?)

Oh, right.  Forgot.  This post needs moar Friday.

mJESDE62PbE

Need a remix?  How about Zoidbpolka?

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/17/11 at 11:15 pm

Yes, if you do something for humanity, humanity will f**k it up.  If you do something for God, humanity will f**k that up as well.  Even your friend Ayn Rand who said you should do what's best in your own self interest showed how humanity would f**k that up too!

I can't say that goes all the way to explaining why I'm a penniless recluse, but it gets me a good way there!
::)

Written By: Howard on 11/18/11 at 6:42 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrtv1fQOBZg

le real friday song incase people dont know :p

So that means Bob Dylan can sue.

Written By: Howard on 11/18/11 at 6:45 am

Once again, she has another song out:

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=684060

"Person of Interest"

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/18/11 at 11:26 am

He lived a life of disco tunes and died with his boots on! Hey-ho!

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/20/11 at 8:53 pm

Once again, she has another song out:

"Person of Interest"

ljbZKQIUZvM

Dear Princess Celestia,

For a moment I thought that after the failure (with an "E" for effort!) of My Moment, Rebecca Black had gone all political with the whole police brutality thing that's been in the news lately, but now all I want is to see Justin Bieber arrested for taking her up on the offer. But I'll settle for my 3:21 back. It's getting downright hard to find new parodies of Rebecca's work.

And Rebecca, Y u no funny anymore?

Written By: Howard on 11/21/11 at 6:28 am

ljbZKQIUZvM

Dear Princess Celestia,

For a moment I thought that after the failure (with an "E" for effort!) of My Moment, Rebecca Black had gone all political with the whole police brutality thing that's been in the news lately, but now all I want is to see Justin Bieber arrested for taking her up on the offer. But I'll settle for my 3:21 back. It's getting downright hard to find new parodies of Rebecca's work.

And Rebecca, Y u no funny anymore?

I don't know, this song is just weird.  ::)

Written By: Tia on 11/21/11 at 6:02 pm

You could really do something for humanity
alas, humanity is notoriously ungrateful.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/21/11 at 8:18 pm

Case in point:  Rebecca Black's Friday almost dead as a meme.  We kinda-sorta mourn its loss, remember it fondly, and then make the mistake of wondering what it might take to revive it. 

And then this happens.

vGiQzPi0f_E

On every channel.

oB651qeLy_g

At every commercial break.

I suppose I should be more careful what I wish for, I just might get it.  Instead, all I can offer by way of gratitude this Thanksgiving is a hearty "No, Kohls, fthank you!"

Written By: snozberries on 11/21/11 at 8:24 pm

that was awesome!!! karma to you foo for the yuks!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 11/22/11 at 6:34 am

Case in point:  Rebecca Black's Friday almost dead as a meme.  We kinda-sorta mourn its loss, remember it fondly, and then make the mistake of wondering what it might take to revive it.  

And then this happens.

vGiQzPi0f_E

On every channel.

oB651qeLy_g

At every commercial break.

I suppose I should be more careful what I wish for, I just might get it.  Instead, all I can offer by way of gratitude this Thanksgiving is a hearty "No, Kohls, fthank you!"

Now we have "Black Friday",It could get worse.  :P

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/23/11 at 11:26 pm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv3fopmH7Z1r6m1z5o1_400.jpg

Hmm.  Maybe Lt. John Pike isn't all that bad a guy after all :)

Written By: Howard on 11/24/11 at 6:58 am

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv3fopmH7Z1r6m1z5o1_400.jpg

Hmm.  Maybe Lt. John Pike isn't all that bad a guy after all :)

I would have pepper sprayed her myself.

Written By: Foo Bar on 06/08/12 at 11:43 pm

Warning: Flame/rant content ahead.

So I go away for two days, and there's 8 pages of "new posts".

Then I get caught up, and an hour or two later there's 5 pages of "new posts".

And then I read the two threads with actual content, and 20 minutes later, there's another 50 posts.

No content, just the same people mindlessly posting one- and two-word answers to every thread they can find in order to inflate his/her/its post count, and in so doing, driving the 10-20 real active threads per day beneath 200+ threads of spam.  You know you you are, and I even like you guys on the one or two posts you make per day that have actual post content, but geez, can't you just just write a shell script or fight it out amongst yourselves in one thread, not 200?

I mean, I thought know I'm pretty pathetic...

http://chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-or-every-night.png

...but you guys spend more time as humans trying to fail the Turing Test than most AI researchers put into inventing chatbots and spambots that can pass the Turing Test.  Please, for the sake of any actual humans who find us with a google search, click on "recent active threads", and immediately conclude that there's nobody here but a spambot and runs away fleeing in terror, just give it up or restrict it to one or two threads.  (And one of them just vomited out another 20 new posts in the 15 minutes it took me to proofread this one.)

3JH8qDVadsY

It's Friday, Friday...

Subject: Rebecca Black has competition this Thanksgiving.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/12/12 at 8:36 pm

Nicole Westbrook, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Let's find something more execrable than Friday!"

ZSBq8geuJk0
  - Nicole Westbrook, It's Thanksgiving is this year's turkey.

4,155,777 views, 9,641 likes, 74,975 dislikes.

(God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.)

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 11/12/12 at 8:59 pm

The Friday song is like McDonald's.  You know it's awful yet you can't help going back one in awhile!
8)

Written By: Howard on 12/11/12 at 5:14 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF2o5RDkq9A

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/12/12 at 9:03 pm

The Friday song is like McDonald's.  You know it's awful yet you can't help going back one in awhile!
8)

And then there's this guy:

Mentioning she has to have her bowl is interesting – there’s a tension it sets up momentarily, because we don’t know what kind of bowl it is, what might go into it, or why it is important – but that momentary suspense is dashed with a satisfying, mundane answer.

But the more I listen to the song, the more this line grows on me, especially the way Black sings the word “cereal.” It has a touching familiarity. Past a certain age, the word “cereal” stops being in a person’s vocabulary the same way it is in youth – as something that is ascribed to you by authorities that care for you as both a responsibility (you have to eat your cereal!) and something that will feed you and fuel you and be good for you to eat. Adults don’t have “cereal” the way Rebecca Black has “cereal.” Adults have “breakfast” – a term that implies previous self-denial and personal ownership of the meal...

*pagedownpagedown*

...Since Black is only 13, we have to conclude that either:

* Her friends are older than she is
    * California has some pretty crazy drivers license laws
    * The people who wrote the song have no idea when teenagers get drivers licenses
    * The people who wrote the song wrote it for somebody older
    * This whole scene is a fantasy of a Friday that never really happens, and instead Rebecca Black is trapped in a simulation of a dream-state by robots trying to use her for energy and implant ideas in her brain that will lead to her making business decisions down the road that are beneficial to their shareholders

...and it just. keeps. going. from there.  We salute you, Fenzel, for overthinking Rebecca Black's Friday in epic fashion.

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 12/12/12 at 9:39 pm

And then there's this guy:

...and it just. keeps. going. from there.  We salute you, Fenzel, for overthinking Rebecca Black's Friday in epic fashion.

Rebecca Black: An examination of mass media portrayal of modern adolescence in early 21st century America

PhD thesis in Popular Culture Studies from Berkeley.  He could do it.  He could land himself a lectureship too!
:)

I AM CURIOUS REBECCA YELLO

When I punched up the RB video, this one appeared in the recommended sidebar, right up top like it was trying to tell me something...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-DZGBFUrsQ
Dieter Meier and Boris Blank would soooo go for it.  There is a lot of Yello in the Friday song -- pulsing synth music, hypnotic processed vocals, cars, highways, driving, leisure, passion, personal reflection on what to do next... I just know this would work.  Somebody get RB a ticket to Zurich!

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/03/13 at 8:08 pm

T5nfV3S7sqI
  - Rebecca Black Reaction Video: Rebecca Black reacts to Rebecca Black's Friday, two and a half years later...

Written By: Howard on 12/04/13 at 6:59 am

- Rebecca Black Reaction Video: Rebecca Black reacts to Rebecca Black's Friday, two and a half years later...

What was she thinking when she made that video?

Written By: Foo Bar on 12/09/13 at 9:03 pm

What was she thinking when she made that video?

Probably that it'd be a great way to help her self-parody go viral.

GVCzdpagXOQ
  - Rebecca Black & Dave Days, Saturday, released Dec 7, 2013, a date that shall live in infamy.

(Not bad, Ms. Black.  Not bad at all.  Especially the punchline at the end.)

Check for new replies or respond here...