inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Michio Kaku

Written By: youngerderek on 04/02/11 at 10:07 pm

Has anyone ever seen him on TV? He's a futurist and physicist - I gotta say, he makes science very fun. Though I don't always agree on what he has to say politically (he seems a bit too neo-con to me).

Subject: Re: Michio Kaku

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/03/11 at 5:54 am

I have not seen anything of him on UK television.

Written By: whistledog on 04/03/11 at 11:33 am

I have not seen anything of him on Canadian or American TV

Written By: youngerderek on 04/04/11 at 1:56 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM

Written By: Emman on 04/04/11 at 2:44 am

Yeah he is a science popularizer(think Carl Sagan), something we really need in our anti-intellectual culture now. I own one of his books, it's about Albert Einstien and is an interesting read.

Written By: youngerderek on 04/04/11 at 3:18 am

Yeah he is a science popularizer(think Carl Sagan), something we really need in our anti-intellectual culture now. I own one of his books, it's about Albert Einstien and is an interesting read.

I actually had the privilege of meeting him recently.

Written By: Howard on 04/04/11 at 6:39 am

I've seen him before,He was on Channel 4 News a few months ago talking about the snowstorms and what caused all of them.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/11 at 12:29 pm

I've seen him before,He was on Channel 4 News a few months ago talking about the snowstorms and what caused all of them.
Talking about weather?

Written By: Howard on 04/04/11 at 1:10 pm

Talking about weather?

Yes he was and he's pretty smart.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/11 at 1:22 pm

Yes he was and he's pretty smart.
Is he on youtube?

Written By: Howard on 04/04/11 at 1:43 pm

Is he on youtube?

Yes He is.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/04/11 at 1:48 pm

Yes He is.
Which are the best clips?

Written By: Howard on 04/05/11 at 6:57 am

Which are the best clips?

the one where he's on Channel 4 talking about the weather.

Written By: Gis on 04/05/11 at 7:34 am

I have not seen anything of him on UK television.
Phillip he has actually been on British T.V quite a bit!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/11 at 1:37 pm

Phillip he has actually been on British T.V quite a bit!
Where and when?

Written By: Gis on 04/05/11 at 2:52 pm

Where and when?
In February 2006, Kaku appeared as presenter in the BBC-TV four-part documentary Time which seeks to explore the mysterious nature of time. Part one of the series concerns personal time, and how we perceive and measure the passing of time. The second in the series deal with cheating time, exploring possibilities of extending the lifespan of organisms. The geological time covered in part three explores the ages of the earth and the sun. Part four covers the topics of cosmological time, the beginning of time and the events that occurred at the instant of the big bang.

On January 28, 2007, Kaku hosted the Discovery Channel series 2057. This three-hour program discussed how medicine, the city, and energy could change over the next 50 years.

In 2008, Kaku hosted the three-hour BBC-TV documentary Visions of the Future, on the future of computers, medicine, and quantum physics, and he appeared in several episodes of the History Channel's Universe series.

On December 1, 2009, he began hosting a 12-episode weekly TV series for the Science Channel at 10 pm, called Sci Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible, based on his best-selling book. Each 30-minute episode discusses the scientific basis behind imaginative schemes, such as time travel, parallel universes, warp drive, star ships, light sabers, force fields, teleportation, invisibility, death stars, and even superpowers and flying saucers. Each episode includes interviews with the world's top scientists working on prototypes of these technologies, interviews with sci-fi fans, clips from science fiction movies, and special effects and computer graphics. Although these inventions are impossible today, the series discusses when these technologies might become feasible in the future.

Kaku is popular in mainstream media because of his knowledge and his accessible approach to presenting complex subjects in science. While his technical writings are confined to theoretical physics, his public speaking and media appearances cover a broad range of topics, from the Kardashev scale to more esoteric subjects such as wormholes and time travel. In January 2007, Kaku visited Oman. While there, he talked at length to select members of that country's decision makers. In an interview with local media, Dr Kaku elaborated on his vision of mankind's future. Kaku considers climate change and terrorism as serious threats in man's evolution from a Type 0 civilization to Type 1.

On October 11, 2010, Michio Kaku appeared in the BBC program "What Happened Before the Big Bang" (along with Laura Mersini-Houghton, Andrei Linde, Roger Penrose, Lee Smolin, Neil Turok, and other notable cosmologists and physicists), where he propounded his theory of the universe created out of nothing.
Radio

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/05/11 at 2:53 pm

In February 2006, Kaku appeared as presenter in the BBC-TV four-part documentary Time which seeks to explore the mysterious nature of time. Part one of the series concerns personal time, and how we perceive and measure the passing of time. The second in the series deal with cheating time, exploring possibilities of extending the lifespan of organisms. The geological time covered in part three explores the ages of the earth and the sun. Part four covers the topics of cosmological time, the beginning of time and the events that occurred at the instant of the big bang.

On January 28, 2007, Kaku hosted the Discovery Channel series 2057. This three-hour program discussed how medicine, the city, and energy could change over the next 50 years.

In 2008, Kaku hosted the three-hour BBC-TV documentary Visions of the Future, on the future of computers, medicine, and quantum physics, and he appeared in several episodes of the History Channel's Universe series.

On December 1, 2009, he began hosting a 12-episode weekly TV series for the Science Channel at 10 pm, called Sci Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible, based on his best-selling book. Each 30-minute episode discusses the scientific basis behind imaginative schemes, such as time travel, parallel universes, warp drive, star ships, light sabers, force fields, teleportation, invisibility, death stars, and even superpowers and flying saucers. Each episode includes interviews with the world's top scientists working on prototypes of these technologies, interviews with sci-fi fans, clips from science fiction movies, and special effects and computer graphics. Although these inventions are impossible today, the series discusses when these technologies might become feasible in the future.

Kaku is popular in mainstream media because of his knowledge and his accessible approach to presenting complex subjects in science. While his technical writings are confined to theoretical physics, his public speaking and media appearances cover a broad range of topics, from the Kardashev scale to more esoteric subjects such as wormholes and time travel. In January 2007, Kaku visited Oman. While there, he talked at length to select members of that country's decision makers. In an interview with local media, Dr Kaku elaborated on his vision of mankind's future. Kaku considers climate change and terrorism as serious threats in man's evolution from a Type 0 civilization to Type 1.

On October 11, 2010, Michio Kaku appeared in the BBC program "What Happened Before the Big Bang" (along with Laura Mersini-Houghton, Andrei Linde, Roger Penrose, Lee Smolin, Neil Turok, and other notable cosmologists and physicists), where he propounded his theory of the universe created out of nothing.
Radio
I will watch out for him now, Time from 2006 I must see.

Written By: youngerderek on 04/05/11 at 8:57 pm

yeah he is on television all the time, anyone who watches the science channels on TV will know him. ive seen him on national news as well.

Check for new replies or respond here...