inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bristol Palin and the Baby Business

Written By: danootaandme on 04/06/11 at 9:01 am

Bristol Palin made 250,000 plus last year telling teens not to have a baby.  To a poor uneducated teen that and that reality show sound like good reasons to have a baby to me.  How about

"I Was a Teenage Octomom"

Subject: Re: Bristol Palin and the Baby Business

Written By: MaxwellSmart on 04/06/11 at 7:42 pm

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/06/us-bristolpalin-idUSTRE7357YR20110406

Obscene.

But Cole* defended the foundation's 2009 practice of spending only $35,000 on direct health and assistance services, versus the money paid to Bristol Palin.

"The foundation's purpose is not to make grants to direct providers; it is to raise awareness," he said. "We're very proud of our work."

*Neil Cole, founder of Candie's Foundation

Raising awareness about a silly broad with a sprig of celebrity who gets paid more than your congressman to do some BS publicity work. 
http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/13/jerk.gif

Written By: Mat1991 on 04/07/11 at 4:45 am

I agree with Bristol on one thing - that teenagers should not be having children. However, the methods through which we advocate for teens to postpone having children are different. She advocates abstinence (which clearly worked so well for her  ::)) whereas I advocate comprehensive sex education. I personally see the abstinence only approach as overly idealistic and irresponsible.

What really irks me about the whole thing is that, even with birth control being widely available in our society, teenage pregnancy remains a problem. These people should take into consideration the fact that, less than fifty years ago, birth control was widely illegal.

Written By: Howard on 04/07/11 at 6:45 am

kids should wait till they're older to learn about parenthood.

Check for new replies or respond here...