inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NKOTBSB - Don't Turn Out the Lights

Written By: whistledog on 04/15/11 at 1:16 am

New Kids on the Block have teamed with the Backstreet Boys for a 2011 tour.  This collaboration will also bring an album titled NKOTBSB that is due out in May, and will feature a mash up of known songs from both bands, as well as one new original song called 'Don't Turn Out the Lights'.

If you think this will be a bomb, think again.  The single has debuted at #46 in Canada.  It has not appeared in the US or UK chart, but only time will tell ... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUpW_xygsxc

Since their comeback period, this is the 6th hit in Canada for New Kids in the Block since 2008.  Not too bad for a group who everyone said were hasbeens.
I must say, I don't hate this song at all.

Subject: Re: NKOTBSB - Don't Turn Out the Lights

Written By: Shiv on 04/15/11 at 12:36 pm

Boybands are still pretty successful everywhere except the US. In the US, they're a punchline, probably still due to the huge oversaturation of the late 90s-early 00s boyband craze and the ensuing backlash. The only true American Boyband I can think of that's had any success since 2001 is Big Time Rush, and even they've been nowhere near as hyped as the late 90s boybands were.

Check for new replies or respond here...