inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why did Scream 4 do poorly at the boxoffice?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 11:53 am

I saw the movie and it was good. I think that people just don't care about 'Scream' anymore and it's as simple as that. Basically I'm saying it's no longer 'cool' and they waited too long for the 4th installment.

Subject: Re: Why did Scream 4 do poorly at the boxoffice?

Written By: SuperDude526 on 04/28/11 at 11:55 am

I think the latter choices: people are tired of the formula, and in general people are just tired of slashers.  I saw it coming as early as Jason X, and this only confirms it.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 12:09 pm

I think the latter choices: people are tired of the formula, and in general people are just tired of slashers.  I saw it coming as early as Jason X, and this only confirms it.

Jason X came out in 2002 I think? Yeah, I think people are more into 'psychological' horror than slashers these days.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/28/11 at 12:21 pm

Please add the option of...

Not many people went to see the movie in the cinema.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 12:47 pm

Please add the option of...

Not many people went to see the movie in the cinema.

But why didn't they see it in the cinema? ;)

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 2:33 pm

Because of the recession my guess is people didn't want to pay $10 for a movie that might suck...

I love the Scream franchise and thought this one was as good as the first. I'm happy I saw it in the theaters but to be honest it's just more economically feasible (and just as pleasing) to watch it at home on your big flat screen in blu ray....

Written By: whistledog on 04/28/11 at 3:46 pm

But why didn't they see it in the cinema? ;)

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 4:59 pm

Why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free?

I think I get it now.....download it on the internet!  ;D

Or wait until the movie comes out on DVD.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 5:03 pm

http://www.ecofriendlydaily.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/13/files/2011/02/cow.jpg            http://images.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Glass-of-Milk.jpg

Written By: 80sfan on 04/28/11 at 5:08 pm

Because of the recession my guess is people didn't want to pay $10 for a movie that might suck...

I love the Scream franchise and thought this one was as good as the first. I'm happy I saw it in the theaters but to be honest it's just more economically feasible (and just as pleasing) to watch it at home on your big flat screen in blu ray....

Thank God it didn't suck! I actually understand because all the installments after the 3rd one doesn't have much of a reputation.

Written By: snozberries on 04/28/11 at 6:05 pm

Thank God it didn't suck! I actually understand because all the installments after the 3rd one doesn't have much of a reputation.

Well there's only one installment after the third one.  ;D

The thing about the third one is Kevin Williamson had nothing to do with it. That's why it sucked.

Written By: batfan2005 on 04/29/11 at 5:50 am

All of the above.

Written By: 80sfan on 04/29/11 at 9:28 am

All of the above.

I agree with all you said except that Scream 4 sucked. I thought it was pretty good.

Written By: Louise1978 on 04/30/11 at 8:27 am

I voted that it's been too long since Scream 3,but I also think the formula has gotten old.The first 3 Scream movies were made in the mid to late 90's.Times have changed.It's a totally different era now.

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/30/11 at 10:58 am

Is it worth watching the trailer?

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/11 at 11:13 am

Is it worth watching the trailer?

it's not a bad trailer...like all trailers tho it gives a bit too much away that's why I don't watch them until after I see the film.

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/11 at 4:12 pm

I have an alternate theory... I just found my ticket stub from the night I saw scream 4... it reads your highness. I wonder how many other theaters sold tix to your highness in an attempt to push it above scream 4  >:(

Btw I just checked... Scream 4 came in second it's opening weekend. Your Highness came in 6th....never mind  :D

Scream has grossed 
Domestic: $37,598,887   40.9%
+ Foreign: $54,292,688   59.1%

Your Highness
Domestic: $21,587,580   93.1%
+ Foreign: $1,600,000   6.9%

Written By: lorac61469 on 05/19/11 at 5:10 pm

$10 a ticket + candy + popcorn + drink = One month salary  ;D

Last time I took the kids to the movie I cheated and bought our candy at Walmart (1.00 a box)... it's the same candy they sell at the theater for 3.50 a box.  My kids were mortified I was sneaking in contraband. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 05/19/11 at 7:53 pm

$10 a ticket + candy + popcorn + drink = One month salary   ;D

Last time I took the kids to the movie I cheated and bought our candy at Walmart (1.00 a box)... it's the same candy they sell at the theater for 3.50 a box.  My kids were mortified I was sneaking in contraband. ;D

I have to buy pop corn but I totallybring in my own water or soda depending on my mood.

Yesterday I wanted to see bridesmaids I had a pass iwon sometime back but bridesmaids was a no pass movie so I gave thm the pass for rio and walked into bridesmaids. I didn't have the money to pay for the ticket and decided it was a free pass to see a movie rules be damned!

Written By: Howard on 05/20/11 at 6:46 am

They shoulda just called the sequel "Still Screaming".

Check for new replies or respond here...